ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:26 pm

according to trackitt website, most of the peeps who sent application on or before 7th Oct have got the reply except me.

looks like mine is lost somewhere in the postal bleeding strike :x

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:32 am

hi Duvvuri,

Thanks for your inputs pal. Not sure why they asked me to stamp the special delivery envelope, maybe because I dint have to pay for it separately only for the stamps.

Anyways hopefully will come to know soon if that works or not.

ID: Yeah its getting late for you. Good luck and keep your fingers crossed mate.

I would assume theres no chance of anything happening today as if they posted on Friday we would have got something on Saturday, so the earliest when we can expect news now is tomorrow :?

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:44 am

fingers crossed but I have to say I am pissed off at the postal useless scumbags :x

have you not had your docs back yet mate.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:49 am

Hey ID,

No not yet. Though I must admit, mine are not TOO late, since my payment went through on the 14th, and going by trackitt, no one after 12th has got their decision yet.

It would be good to know from people when their docs were posted by HO but not many seem to be responding to our poll :(.

Regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:50 am

innocentdevil wrote:fingers crossed but I have to say I am pissed off at the postal useless scumbags :x

have you not had your docs back yet mate.
ID:

If you know your case is straight forward and you have provided all the docs and statements as per the HO rules, i would say there is only one thing can happen if it even takes little more tiem.. that is HO can only approve ur application..
But it just taking more time.. dont worry just hold on to ur nerves and this will also pass..
Goodluck

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:51 am

well according to UKBA your application should be processed this week (if sent after 7 Oct) so you are fine. Good luck mate.

I'll keep you posted of my outcome.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:59 am

Well according to the timeline and the fact that people have been getting their decisions more than a week before the timeline in some cases, I was hopeful last week, but it dint happen as I hoped :) .

Now I am keeping an open mind about this to avoid disappointment.

Yeah will keep everyone posted as well.

nm: How are you doing? Any updates on your reference number/decision yet?

Regards

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:03 am

mine's a very simple case. fingers crossed though :thumbup:

wasa
Newly Registered

Post by wasa » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 am

Hi,
I am also waiting, fee deducted on 9th Oct and this is not easy time and just counting dates but hope we get good news soon.
I am really upset by this process as we don't have way to check our application status; this is not good service and can’t believe why this process is so hidden and not thinking about applicant’s mentality.
This forum is great and can share each other’s situation up to date and understand this is the practical way even we don’t like.

Good luck to everyone!
Wasa

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:hi Duvvuri,

Thanks for your inputs pal. Not sure why they asked me to stamp the special delivery envelope, maybe because I dint have to pay for it separately only for the stamps.

Anyways hopefully will come to know soon if that works or not.

ID: Yeah its getting late for you. Good luck and keep your fingers crossed mate.

I would assume theres no chance of anything happening today as if they posted on Friday we would have got something on Saturday, so the earliest when we can expect news now is tomorrow :?

Regards
There is a chance of you getting response today as all postmen were on strike on saturday.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:50 am

I agree Wasa. When I applied for EC for my initial entry to the UK, I could check the status online and knew exactly where my application was.

It is actually quite funny to pay in excess of 800 pounds for my application and be kept in the dark about the status of the same.

I am not sure how tough it is for the UKBA to put this in place, as they already have a reference number, and presumably they have a system where they can put in the reference number and get relevant information on any case, all they have to do is expose it to the public. Or maybe parts of it.

They dont even have a suggestion or feedback form, so we are helpless I guess. :x

Regards

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks for the info Imran.

Does this also include special deliveries?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:53 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thanks for the info Imran.

don't think it is the case mate

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:03 am

innocentdevil wrote:
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thanks for the info Imran.

don't think it is the case mate
I did go to the local delivery office on Saturday and they told me that all the postmen are on strike around the country. I am not sure about last week but the strike before that they have withdrawn special delivery service becasue they knew they will not be able to keep the guaranteed delivery promise.

And we all know that it depends on the case worker as well whether to use the special delivery envelope or not. We all have seen cases here where people have attached the envelope but it was not used.

So it could be anything

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:07 am

hmmmm... very strange. lets hope for the best.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:34 am

Well just noticed that sm07 above has received his documents on Saturday by recorded signed delivery, so maybe the news about postmen being on strike on Saturday might not be true after all. Or maybe it varies from region to region.

Anyways, sm07 congratulations on your success, can you please update the poll here to put the in the relevant details:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46640

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:39 am

the postman at the office just came in and i asked him if they were on strike. he said only on Friday but the special deliveries weren't effected by that.

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:46 am

RM will NOT deliver special deliveries on Saturdays as their promise says "working day". For Saturday delivery, the sender must pay a surcharge so you can receive the SD post on a Saturday only if your pre-paid envelope includes this surcharge or in the case that RM delivers as a courtesy.

wasa
Newly Registered

Post by wasa » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Hurray guys................ :-), you know my news now.
I just got my passport with VISA stamp, my wife just called me and told.
I am now released and believe I spent very very bad days in my life within last few weeks, read below why;

All my family in happy now and just to let you know my wife cried so many days due to my own mistake as I didn't read the HO guidance until 5 weeks prior to my visa expire and I use my money to buy stocks in RBS/LLOYDS etc... So result was my account went down the limit (I didn’t know about this three months rule/story). Once I knew this rule I thought my UK like and family is over and should ready to go back to my home country and I also need to sell my own house as well and it will cost my kids education as well. But luckily I had my savings account in my home country and I got the letter from that bank in my home country and submitted that, and that worked now. Just to let you know that below is my timeline.

Application Filled: 08/10/2009
HO received: 09/10/2009
Reference letter received: 13/10/2009
Reference letter dated: 09/10/2009
Fee Deducted: 09/10/2009
Visa Approved: 27/10/2009
Documents Received: 02/11/2009
Visa expired: 29/10/2009
Extended to: 29/10/2012
No of dependants: 3

(I only needed more 5 months to complete 5 year as I had previously work permit)

If any of you need any help/info please let me know I can tell you if I can.
And finally need to tell all of poeple here waiting should get your visa ASAP and don’t worry.
Good luck to everyone and your bad luck is ending soon...!!!

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:25 pm

wasa wrote:Hi Guys,

Hurray guys................ :-), you know my news now.
I just got my passport with VISA stamp, my wife just called me and told.
I am now released and believe I spent very very bad days in my life within last few weeks, read below why;

All my family in happy now and just to let you know my wife cried so many days due to my own mistake as I didn't read the HO guidance until 5 weeks prior to my visa expire and I use my money to buy stocks in RBS/LLOYDS etc... So result was my account went down the limit (I didn’t know about this three months rule/story). Once I knew this rule I thought my UK like and family is over and should ready to go back to my home country and I also need to sell my own house as well and it will cost my kids education as well. But luckily I had my savings account in my home country and I got the letter from that bank in my home country and submitted that, and that worked now. Just to let you know that below is my timeline.

Application Filled: 08/10/2009
HO received: 09/10/2009
Reference letter received: 13/10/2009
Reference letter dated: 09/10/2009
Fee Deducted: 09/10/2009
Visa Approved: 27/10/2009
Documents Received: 02/11/2009
Visa expired: 29/10/2009
Extended to: 29/10/2012
No of dependants: 3

(I only needed more 5 months to complete 5 year as I had previously work permit)

If any of you need any help/info please let me know I can tell you if I can.
And finally need to tell all of poeple here waiting should get your visa ASAP and don’t worry.
Good luck to everyone and your bad luck is ending soon...!!!

wasa congrats

did you include the envelope (special delivery)

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Great news Wasa, glad that things worked out for you:).

So you did not attach a self addressed special delivery envelope? Quite a risk pal considering your visa was expiring on the 29th. Anyways to each his own.

Do you know when the HO posted your documents? If you do would you mind updating the following poll:

Congrats again pal, too bad this dint come on saturday as you could have had a rocking weekend :) !

wasa
Newly Registered

Post by wasa » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:40 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Great news Wasa, glad that things worked out for you:).

So you did not attach a self addressed special delivery envelope? Quite a risk pal considering your visa was expiring on the 29th. Anyways to each his own.

Do you know when the HO posted your documents? If you do would you mind updating the following poll:

Congrats again pal, too bad this dint come on saturday as you could have had a rocking weekend :) !
Thanks Mate.
No, I didn't included RM special delivery envelop, but I sent a fax to HO for courier request on 29/10/2009 but no reply on that to my inbox yet, probably they have posted my docs before that fax.
I had to wait 2 weeks to get letter from the bank in my home country before application after I read the guidance.
I could not understand why I didn't read guidance earlier but that is it happened so sometime we get funish for own ignorant and may be it take time to luck turnaround this is good lesson for me and god is good you know.
I will also update the vote tonight after I see date on envelop came though.
Good luck to everyone!
Wasa
Last edited by wasa on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Congratulations Wasa:
Enjoy the moment.. and goodluck for ur ILR..

wasa
Newly Registered

Post by wasa » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:20 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Congratulations Wasa:
Enjoy the moment.. and goodluck for ur ILR..
Thanks Ramesh.
You are very helpfull to everyone!
Wasa

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:12 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:
nm: How are you doing? Any updates on your reference number/decision yet?
Good mate and hope you too...

I have not heard anything as of now....