ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by TangoMike » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:12 am

prayforus wrote:Right guys, wife has just received the 'visa has been processed' email. I'm praying to Allah that it be good news, how long after will she get a call from Gerrys? Any rough ideas.

Applied online 25th May 2015
Handed Documents to Gerrys, Mirpur on 30th May 2014
Visa Has been Processed 11/11/2014

No telephone interview. Applied via CAT A and CAT D.

Congratulations! she should get a call within the next couple of days inshaAllah.

Hopefully my wife will get hers soon as well because we applied a week after you!

Nm.123

Post by Nm.123 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:16 am

prayforus wrote:Right guys, wife has just received the 'visa has been processed' email. I'm praying to Allah that it be good news, how long after will she get a call from Gerrys? Any rough ideas.

Congrats!!!! Thats good news inshallah you will get a good outcome, this shows they have left the august applications and come back to the May ones just hope they get round to others that have been waiting quickly inshallah

Miss Sunshine
Newly Registered

Post by Miss Sunshine » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:42 am

That's excellent news...they are finally getting around to the May apps for Mirpur! In Sha Allah it will be good news for you guys :D . We got a call and email from Gerry's in Lahore next day (after the processed email) so I would say she should get a call/email wihin 3 working days max. If not, then just get her to go to the Gerry's office if she can because I have read on this forum that sometimes they don't even get in touch with the applicant for a while. :shock: You don't need to be kept waiting longer than necessary! If no email by Friday AM then go to their office. All the Best!

Miss Sunshine
Newly Registered

Post by Miss Sunshine » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:43 am

That's excellent news...they are finally getting around to the May apps for Mirpur! In Sha Allah it will be good news for you guys :D . We got a call and email from Gerry's in Lahore next day (after the processed email) so I would say she should get a call/email wihin 3 working days max. If not, then just get her to go to the Gerry's office if she can because I have read on this forum that sometimes they don't even get in touch with the applicant for a while. :shock: You don't need to be kept waiting longer than necessary! If no email by Friday AM then go to their office. All the Best!

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:02 am

ah im so relived for u honestly, ur one of those that has been on this forum for some time now like me
I rely prey and hope its granted inshallah
all the best!
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:38 am

I'm actually worried because I do not know what to expect from the ECO. I know we met the criteria, I also had it checked by everyone, lawyers, and they said it should be fine. The only thing which might be lacking was that I hadn't been back since I got married, but I send her maintenance every month, and also gifts etc...I explained the reason why I hadn't gone back due to working my backside off just to meet the criteria or close to the £18,600.00 threshold, even though I had more then enough savings to cover if I did not.

I gave my 6 months recent paylsips (which I was using to calculate the savings needed, showed the working out too), as well as old ones which were submitted in our last application. So in total I had about 1 years worth. Same with bank-statements. I transferred to another branch within the same company so that is why I did it. Just so it showed a record of everything, and everything matches if they contacted them. P60, for the recent tax year, as well as the previous was also given. Gave all the other usual stuff to, chat logs, photos, etc etc...

I can't see any flaw in the paperwork, or anything which is serious that they could refuse on. Not sure what to expect I guess, just don't want my wife let down again. It was hard enough the first time, but we kind of expected it. This time round we're not. I hate the fact that they cannot just tell you by e-mail. It would be so much better and less time wasted as you could prepare more quickly for the next process.

It's a kick in the teeth if she goes and opens her passport with no visa stamped.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:46 am

prayforus wrote:I'm actually worried because I do not know what to expect from the ECO. I know we met the criteria, I also had it checked by everyone, lawyers, and they said it should be fine. The only thing which might be lacking was that I hadn't been back since I got married, but I send her maintenance every month, and also gifts etc...I explained the reason why I hadn't gone back due to working my backside off just to meet the criteria or close to the £18,600.00 threshold, even though I had more then enough savings to cover if I did not.

I gave my 6 months recent paylsips (which I was using to calculate the savings needed, showed the working out too), as well as old ones which were submitted in our last application. So in total I had about 1 years worth. Same with bank-statements. I transferred to another branch within the same company so that is why I did it. Just so it showed a record of everything, and everything matches if they contacted them. P60, for the recent tax year, as well as the previous was also given. Gave all the other usual stuff to, chat logs, photos, etc etc...

I can't see any flaw in the paperwork, or anything which is serious that they could refuse on. Not sure what to expect I guess, just don't want my wife let down again. It was hard enough the first time, but we kind of expected it. This time round we're not. I hate the fact that they cannot just tell you by e-mail. It would be so much better and less time wasted as you could prepare more quickly for the next process.

It's a kick in the teeth if she goes and opens her passport with no visa stamped.
In sha Allah I hope u do get it..it probably was really hard the first time the second time would just really put u do.. But as from above u seem to have done everything right so hopefully there is a visa in there
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

roger354

Post by roger354 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:50 am

guys can i take screenshots of our emails or shall i print them using print option? and how do we show dates on our whatsapp chats on my phone it doesnt show any dates
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:58 am

Roger, take photos of your e-mails. Also print them. The reason for this is they may think you've edited them yourself. Stupid, I know, but any reason to refuse these days.

With whatsapp, you have to scroll up in your convo a little bit so it shows the date, and as it does, you have to take a screen shot. It's difficult, but I just did it on a monthly basis.

EDIT: Would it be a good thing that they didn't request for more documents/telephone interview? Just really worried as what to expect. I really hope Allah helps us all through this as the weight on my shoulders has become hard to bare. :(

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:19 am

roger i took screenshots of my email pasted it into word and printed it
with whatsap i emailed our conversation for the previous 3 months to myself . this way i selected a few from each day and printed them, on this it shows the time and date and also the names of whos convo it is.
also then i took screenshots of our convos on a few occasions and where it had my profile number etc and same with my husbands.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:22 am

prayforus wrote:I'm actually worried because I do not know what to expect from the ECO. I know we met the criteria, I also had it checked by everyone, lawyers, and they said it should be fine. The only thing which might be lacking was that I hadn't been back since I got married, but I send her maintenance every month, and also gifts etc...I explained the reason why I hadn't gone back due to working my backside off just to meet the criteria or close to the £18,600.00 threshold, even though I had more then enough savings to cover if I did not.

inshallah u will be fine, ino someone who didnt go bak for a few years cuz of wrk and it wasnt an issue as they had contact records and money receipts etc which shows ur still in contact with ur spouse and theres clearly no problems between u
ino how u must b feeling, when u have been thru that pain of not getting it the first time round its evan scarier wen u go ther again but inshallah u will gt it this time im sure

riz2603
Newly Registered

Post by riz2603 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi has anyone recieved any emails TODAY from UKBA also when they reply with a status saying " application is currently in progress" after the status of "intial pre assessment compleleted and with ECO awaiting further checks

Thank you

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:15 pm

riz2603 wrote:Hi has anyone recieved any emails TODAY from UKBA also when they reply with a status saying " application is currently in progress" after the status of "intial pre assessment compleleted and with ECO awaiting further checks

Thank you
Hi Riz2603,

What's your timeline? You got an email or your asked them for an update?

riz2603
Newly Registered

Post by riz2603 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi i asked for an update and the above info i got bak.

Timeline is:
Application submitted: 21/08/2014
Delayed for further checks: 18/09/2014
Pre assessment completed and with ECO: 31/10/2014
In progress: 11/11/2014

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Can someone help me

My other half has to do his English again .. He is doing city and guilds A1 .. Is that ok ??

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:30 pm

riz2603 wrote:Hi i asked for an update and the above info i got bak.

Timeline is:
Application submitted: 21/08/2014
Delayed for further checks: 18/09/2014
Pre assessment completed and with ECO: 31/10/2014
In progress: 11/11/2014
Thanks Riz2603,
Yesterday couple of people who submitted their application in may got emails about processing complete and wait for VAC to contact.

You applied from which City?

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:34 pm

saf786 wrote:Can someone help me

My other half has to do his English again .. He is doing city and guilds A1 .. Is that ok ??
Hi saf! hope ur well!
yes thats fine my husband did that one

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:35 pm

It seems City & Guilds International / Speaking and Listening / IESOL Diploma at A1 level is valid. You can check the exact match from the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2014.pdf

riz2603
Newly Registered

Post by riz2603 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi Saf786

The exam was done by my wife and according to UKBA website it is accepted

riz2603
Newly Registered

Post by riz2603 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi Networkers

I applied from mirpur. I got to know few people applying on same date as mine. Met them at the visa section and they visa has been stamped by 26th october to 31st october 2014

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:49 pm

networkers wrote:

It seems City & Guilds International / Speaking and Listening / IESOL Diploma at A1 level is valid. You can check the exact match from the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2014.pdf
Hi I just realized something my hubby done the toiec english test in 2013 and now this is not on the list will he be rejected cause of this?

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

riz2603
Newly Registered

Post by riz2603 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:55 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:
networkers wrote:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ember_2014.
Hi I just realized something my hubby done the toiec english test in 2013 and now this is not on the list will he be rejected cause of this?

Hi theres a post on previous threads who had same problem all they do is contact you and have a telehone interview to verify this

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:57 pm

riz2603 wrote:Hi Networkers

I applied from mirpur. I got to know few people applying on same date as mine. Met them at the visa section and they visa has been stamped by 26th october to 31st october 2014
Hi Riz2603,

Thanks for sharing the update, on the forum we only have seen applicants till 12th August 2014 getting their visa stamped. It seems UKVI is processing application a lot quicker as compared to old days.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:59 pm

riz2603 wrote: Hi I just realized something my hubby done the toiec english test in 2013 and now this is not on the list will he be rejected cause of this?

Hi theres a post on previous threads who had same problem all they do is contact you and have a telehone interview to verify this
If it was valid at the time you applied, they should just do a telephonic interview in case they have any doubts. They hopefully won't reject the application for something which was valid at the time of application and is now invalid.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:02 pm

networkers wrote:
riz2603 wrote: Hi I just realized something my hubby done the toiec english test in 2013 and now this is not on the list will he be rejected cause of this?

If it was valid at the time you applied, they should just do a telephonic interview in case they have any doubts. They hopefully won't reject the application for something which was valid at the time of application and is now invalid.
I hope so thanks

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah