ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

October 2013 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TTOE

Re: October 2013 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by TTOE » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:09 pm

apple02 wrote:
dr_me wrote:Anyone else please come forward, we all are 24/25th OCT applicants :shock:
I pray you and the others in your receiving date gets it this week. You have been waiting too long now. The home office processing is so unpredictable and that is what makes us all so nervous because you don't have anything to follow other than this wonderful thread here. Keep holding on and I shall pray :D
I sincerely agree, at this stage, Prayer is the key to unlock the delays...
Last edited by TTOE on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unsure

Post by unsure » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14 pm

Just out of curioisty...

The HO dont work on a sequential basis? Do they complete each case as by how easy it is?

dr_me

Post by dr_me » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:23 pm

unsure wrote:Just out of curioisty...

The HO dont work on a sequential basis? Do they complete each case as by how easy it is?
Unsure, there are some applicants we have seen in the timeline who's approvals were sent within 5days of deduction of fee. Somehow the route of application may have an influence but in Majority of the cases and you may have also seen in the timeline its sequential e.g. Majority had their fee debited around the same week or two, mostly start receiving their approvals within the same time a week or so apart at maximum. So based on the guess work majority is sequential apart from few exceptions. Rest only God knows when our application will be decided.

Thanks apple02 .

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:24 am

Somebody, do us a favour post your approval timeline.....Share your approval timeline with us. :lol:

We've seen too many payment deductions timeline lately, we now need approvals to balance the equation.

The equation at the mo:

PD>A

:| payment deductions are far greater (>) than approvals

Why cant it be PD=A?

djafar007
Newly Registered

Post by djafar007 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:29 pm

applied:25/10/2013
fee deducted:20/12/2013
approval letter :04/02/2014( dated 31/01/2014
the letter asking to wait for the invitation letter from the council and not to try contact them.i should receive the letter in next coming days finalllyyyy over
and good luck to everyone

Unionbank

Post by Unionbank » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:43 pm

TTOE here we go..... Got an approval here frm 25 oct. U were asking for approvals lol happy nw???

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Unionbank wrote:TTOE here we go..... Got an approval here frm 25 oct. U were asking for approvals lol happy nw???
Yeah! Let's pray for more of good news like this, more of it, they are long over due!

Congrats djafar007!

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Ttoe maybe your case isnt straight forward.

unsure

Post by unsure » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:13 pm

dr_me wrote:
unsure wrote:Just out of curioisty...

Unsure, there are some applicants we have seen in the timeline who's approvals were sent within 5days of deduction of fee. Somehow the route of application may have an influence but in Majority of the cases and you may have also seen in the timeline its sequential e.g. Majority had their fee debited around the same week or two, mostly start receiving their approvals within the same time a week or so apart at maximum. So based on the guess work majority is sequential apart from few exceptions. Rest only God knows when our application will be decided.

Thanks apple02 .
Why is it then that they debited the fees of the january applicants so fast? yet it takes months for the ocotober applicants to be even acknowledged?

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:20 pm

unsure wrote: Why is it then that they debited the fees of the january applicants so fast? yet it takes months for the ocotober applicants to be even acknowledged?
p2kin wrote:
sidhujazz wrote:That is rather disheartening p2kin. I wonder why they be taking payments this early then if there is already a big back log.
Sorry if you are disappointed with it.. but that the truth, really bitter truth. The thing is taking payments, that's what HO does as soon as they receive any application. i.e. take payment and move application to "Main" queue.
sidhujazz wrote:As far as i remember, it was taking longer for the previous months even for the payment to be taken, so if the Jan payments are already being taken within 2 weeks, it could only mean that things are moving for sure.

Despite all the odds i think we should not give up hope for first approval around end of Feb for the Jan applications.
I can only offer some explanation for that, Oct was so so HUGE, they couldn't even load all applications on their system, and hence it created backlog for "payments to be taken (loading on the system)". Now that in last 2 months they processed some applications, they now are loading as many as possible applications on the system.

Payment taken is the very first step they do when application is loaded on the system, but to process application, it has to be assigned to a caseworker.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:37 pm

p2kin wrote:
unsure wrote: Why is it then that they debited the fees of the january applicants so fast? yet it takes months for the ocotober applicants to be even acknowledged?
p2kin wrote:
sidhujazz wrote:That is rather disheartening p2kin. I wonder why they be taking payments this early then if there is already a big back log.
Sorry if you are disappointed with it.. but that the truth, really bitter truth. The thing is taking payments, that's what HO does as soon as they receive any application. i.e. take payment and move application to "Main" queue.
sidhujazz wrote:As far as i remember, it was taking longer for the previous months even for the payment to be taken, so if the Jan payments are already being taken within 2 weeks, it could only mean that things are moving for sure.

Despite all the odds i think we should not give up hope for first approval around end of Feb for the Jan applications.
I can only offer some explanation for that, Oct was so so HUGE, they couldn't even load all applications on their system, and hence it created backlog for "payments to be taken (loading on the system)". Now that in last 2 months they processed some applications, they now are loading as many as possible applications on the system.

Payment taken is the very first step they do when application is loaded on the system, but to process application, it has to be assigned to a caseworker.
I sincerely support your explanation p2kin, but don't you think it's been exceptionally quiet wrt approvals. Are they really covering grounds as per approvals? That's the big question. Approvals are not getting reported at all. :|

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:18 pm

TTOE wrote: I sincerely support your explanation p2kin, but don't you think it's been exceptionally quiet wrt approvals. Are they really covering grounds as per approvals? That's the big question. Approvals are not getting reported at all. :|
I take your point about it's being quiet.. I can only put some positive energy by saying they are working on applications, just that sometime HO send approvals in batch (although letters are ready on a particular day, it may not be posted on same day), also they send it via second class, which takes ages to reach applicant and not all received letters are reported on this forum. There are instances that once posted about fees deduction, some may forget to update their approval here, and some might post after everything is finished. but that's OK. Don't get nervous if you don't here about approvals.

Another important point to remember is although majority of Oct applicant are processed (not all yet), there is again huge backlog from Nov, Dec & Jan applicants, which could be equivalent of Oct backlog, so as for case workers, nothing has changed, they've got lot of work to do and we can see they are trying their best to keep the schedule.

Just to give you some statistic, around 100,000 applications are received normally during whole year, in Oct someone said they got like ~39,000 applications, that around 40% of yearly applications in just a month.. you do the math.. do I need to say anything else now?

Other major factor to remember is, with payment, usually applicant get's to know from Online bank account about fees being deducted, there is no such way for approvals. So unless you get the letter you won't know. (Can't rely on HO email/phone as they are not updated on "live" progress).

All I'd say is have faith, think that they are working in offices, there are no public/bank holidays, all employees are back to work & this is not holiday season at all. Couple of approvals in Nov does show that there is at least 1 case worker working on post new rules applicants. Give them benefit of doubt.. You'll see approvals reported.

We all are in same boat of what & when. Keep hpoe, divert yourself somewhere else for sometime & you can always talk with other members on the forum to keep yourself calm.

Best of luck!!
Last edited by p2kin on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:22 pm

p2kin wrote:
TTOE wrote: I sincerely support your explanation p2kin, but don't you think it's been exceptionally quiet wrt approvals. Are they really covering grounds as per approvals? That's the big question. Approvals are not getting reported at all. :|
I take your point about it's being quiet.. I can only put some positive energy by saying they are working on applications, just that sometime HO send approvals in batch (although letters are ready on a particular day, it may not be posted on same day), also they send it via second class, which takes ages to reach applicant and not all received letters are reported on this forum. There are instances that once posted about fees deduction, some may forget to update their approval here, and some might post after everything is finished. but that's OK. Don't get nervous if you don't here about approvals.

Other major factor to remember is, with payment, usually applicant get's to know from Online bank account about fees being deducted, there is no such way for approvals. So unless you get the letter you won't know. (Can't rely on HO email/phone as they are not updated on "live" progress).

All I'd say is have faith, think that they are working in offices, there are no public/bank holidays, all employees are back to work & this is not holiday season at all. Couple of approvals in Nov does show that there is at least 1 case worker working on post new rules applicants. Give them benefit of doubt.. You'll see approvals reported.

We all are in same boat of what & when. Keep hpoe, divert yourself somewhere else for sometime & you can always talk with other members on the forum to keep yourself calm.

Best of luck!!
Brilliant & wise words!! Thanks p2kin....

T

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:27 pm

TTOE wrote:

T
Another important point to remember is although majority of Oct applicant are processed (not all yet), there is again huge backlog from Nov, Dec & Jan applicants, which could be equivalent of Oct backlog, so as for case workers, nothing has changed, they've got lot of work to do and we can see they are trying their best to keep the schedule.

Just to give you some statistic, around 100,000 applications are received normally during whole year, in Oct someone said they got like ~39,000 applications, that's around 40% of yearly applications in just a month.. you do the math.. do I need to say anything else now?
Last edited by p2kin on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:32 pm

p2kin wrote:
TTOE wrote:

T

Just to give you some statistic, around 100,000 applications are received normally during whole year, in Oct someone said they got like ~39,000 applications, that around 40% of yearly applications in just a month.. you do the math.. do I need to say anything else now?
Thanks for all the info, you are allowed to rest your case now.
:lol:

apple02

Post by apple02 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Though I know my naturalisation process is already complete, I just wanted to say that I saw in a November timeline that someone who applied around the 17th I think of November, Received their approval today. Now while that does look unfair to people like dr_me, ttoe, p2kin, and few others who were prob in my batch of OCT 21-26TH. One thing we do know is that everyone's case is different, I do believe it also depends on how fast the caseworker working on your file takes to approve your application. So let's just look at that November approval which was received today as maybe its a light at the end of the tunnel that is saying brown letters will be coming to those of you waiting so patiently starting from today on wards to hopefully next week. Fingers crossed.

God Bless :D :D

umar_786
Newly Registered

Post by umar_786 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:25 pm

Like I said before people cases may differ to other people some might be straight forward some may require more investigation.

nmm

Post by nmm » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:06 am

Does anyone know if the approval letter comes signed for or normal post?
If normal post, how do we know if that lost in post somehow?
I applied on 22 Oct 2013 & fee deducted on 20 Dec 2013 and still waiting.....

khurrambutt
Newly Registered

Post by khurrambutt » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:22 am

I was informed at Manchester NCS that the number of applications after Oct 2013 are far less than average per month. So guys keep your hopes up. I wish us all good luck.

Eureka.Power

Post by Eureka.Power » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:36 am

but I heared guy that they have received around 39000 application just in October.. which is 6 months worth of work in one month.. :( I am so fed up with this waiting game...

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:57 am

If the ''39000" figure is absolutely correct, then the frequency of approval reporting on this board should certainly reflect that, its February 2014 already, we are talking October 2013 here. With that figure in mind the probability of getting at least 10 approvals reported everyday is not too optimistic but that's hasn't been the case.

Eureka.Power

Post by Eureka.Power » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:12 pm

TTOE wrote:If the ''39000" figure is absolutely correct, then the frequency of approval reporting on this board should certainly reflect that, its February 2014 already, we are talking October 2013 here. With that figure in mind the probability of getting at least 10 approvals reported everyday is not too optimistic but that's hasn't been the case.
you are correct mate... my mate applied on the 30th of october has nt heard any thing...

Devinefavour
Newly Registered

Post by Devinefavour » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:14 pm

The approvals are rolling in!!!
Eligibility criteria: HSMP+Tier 1+ 1yr ILR
Method of application: Self
Date of application: 24/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 05/01/2014
Date of debit of fees: 03/01/2014
Date of approval: 25/01/2014 Received on 06/02/2014
Date of Ceremony: Private booked for 12/02/2014

I just wanna say thank God!!! I got all 4 brown envelopes today.
And to all October 25th applicants especially Dr me whose every post I have followed for inspiration when the waiting was tough
yours is on the way IJN.

Eureka.Power

Post by Eureka.Power » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Devinefavour wrote:The approvals are rolling in!!!

And to all October 25th applicants especially Dr me whose every post I have followed for inspiration when the waiting was tough
yours is on the way IJN.
congratess.....

dr_me

Post by dr_me » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Devinefavour wrote:The approvals are rolling in!!!

yours is on the way IJN.
Congratulations devinefavour and thanks for your appreciation. Indeed without this platform of sharing the information the situation might be worst. I am glad that you have finally got your approval and a little effort from my side kept you calm :D Good luck for the future.