ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shade00
Member of Standing

Re: English Test Requirement

Post by shade00 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Mandarin wrote:This forum has been wonderful in guiding applicants. I applied for the visa on 2/12/2011. I received a rejection on 26/01/2012. It was unexpected and am at a loss. How do I proceed from here? :(

My rejection was based on the fact that I had only submitted my English Language test certificate and not the statement of results. I was unaware that a statement of results was needed. Shouldn't an original certificate from Cambridge be enough? I had received no such statement from the test centre where I had given my test in June.

I had used the following link as my guide:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lement.pdf

I am very worried.
:(
Not sure how cambridge is marked but probably they wanted to see the results. usually everyone gets a certificate but its the results that the ECO want to see. I think you should contact the examining board or the place where you took the test and ask then you require your results card. It still should be on the system, worth a shot.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

ZAZA2011
Newly Registered

Post by ZAZA2011 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:52 pm

i have a question.. i sent in employment contract letter rather than a letter from my employer. would that cause any problem? i am a doctor and i got a contract letter from human resources which i sent.. im worried now :(

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 pm

ZAZA2011 wrote:i have a question.. i sent in employment contract letter rather than a letter from my employer. would that cause any problem? i am a doctor and i got a contract letter from human resources which i sent.. im worried now :(
You would need info like national insurance number, job title, salary and company contact details on the letter. If the contract has all that then you should be find. However this letter should be dated less than 6 weeks to case submission.
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

ZAZA2011
Newly Registered

Post by ZAZA2011 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 pm

shade00 wrote:
ZAZA2011 wrote:i have a question.. i sent in employment contract letter rather than a letter from my employer. would that cause any problem? i am a doctor and i got a contract letter from human resources which i sent.. im worried now :(
You would need info like national insurance number, job title, salary and company contact details on the letter. If the contract has all that then you should be find. However this letter should be dated less than 6 weeks to case submission.
where is it written it should be dated less than 6 weeks?

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 pm

I've heard it several times on this forum and also my advisor stated the same. I'm sure i read it up somewhere else can't remember the source.

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

ZAZA2011
Newly Registered

Post by ZAZA2011 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:12 pm

shade00 wrote:I've heard it several times on this forum and also my advisor stated the same. I'm sure i read it up somewhere else can't remember the source.
i submitted a contract letter which obviously was 6 months old as thats when i started my job. and contract letter doesnt state NI number. However, my payslip has the name of hospital and my NI number etc and my bank statements also show that I got a regular payment from my hospital..

zeero
Newly Registered

Post by zeero » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Great to see such a helpful community here, congratulations to all those who have had success and all the best those persevering patiently.
My wife has recently submitted her application in Islamabad and I was hoping someone may be able to answer one of my questions?

Can I expect a phone call regarding the application to clarify details/check I am legitimate etc.? And will my employer also be contacted, just need to inform them so they are aware?

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

That should be fine but i would presume a recent letter would be beneficial.

Maybe an experienced member could shed some light on this.

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:36 pm

welcome zeero, it depends on whether the eco want to ring u, ur wife or ur employer..they wil only ring if they need to clarify anything or if they have sum shak(whats the english word, i forgot), in ur job, marriage etc

Inshallah u wil b ok..write ur dates in the signature plz..jzk..

shade...ur not paying for anything...im gna b a good girl and treat u all..no objection!...only cos uv' al been helpful, kind adn generous wiv ur duas so i need to repay u all sumhow innit!..

eat as much as u want, its all free free free...

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:05 pm

king2be98 wrote:My wife's application has now changed to under process, so it's moving along as expected.

For sister shamailaubaid. Please write your circumstances exactly how they are, do not try to bend the truth, if you do you'll struggle later. My advice is put the information in the additional info section, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell them exactly how your living circustamces are.
thats what i have done i have wrote that when he comes to uk we will live with our parents until we are settled and home is fully refurbished to move into. i have also got a permission letter from my parents that we can stay there until we want to! i have put land registry for my parents home as well as my own and my bank accounts show mortgage going out!! Inshallah all will be well xx
submitted @ lahore 07/02/12
waited 65 working days
Ready for Collection: 9/5/12
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

m.k

Post by m.k » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:33 am

Salaam all.

Congratz to those who have been successfull and good luck to all those waiting! :)

Im due to apply in april time inshallah but hubby will be taking test early next month so his certificate arrives just in time cos we heard it takes approx 2 months!

Just wanting to ask a couple of questions:

1) what to include in supporting letter? (dnt want it to be too long or too short)
2) my employer is going to the bank in person and depositing my wage, will this cause a problem? (its coming up as remittance on my statement along with business name)
3) what sort of questions come up in the test for spouses in pakistan jus to get an idea?

Thanks in advance :)

Mandarin

Re: English Test Requirement

Post by Mandarin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:55 am

Thank you shade00. I called the centre and they had no clue... Said they would ring me back if they found it. This was apparently the only centre approved by Cambridge for the English test :( How could they not hand me the results?

I want to know can I appeal the ECOs decision? He wrote I had little knowledge of life in the UK, which was strange. Is my case worth an appeal? Or will they say no you are wrong, the ECO was right?

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:12 am

*Nazia wrote:The vaf4a form will be filled out by my husband right?

So he will have to put that down. Shall i not just mention it in my sponsorship letter?

I have the latest bank statement and wage slips now, i will be sending them off via my bay-ji who is going back to Pakistan on 2nd Feb.
Salam sister,

The form is the applicant's part, however what I did was I filled the form out myself for my hubby and at the back my hubby just signed it. It is better that way atleast you know what to write in detail and also will know what you have stated/declared.

When I applied I was told everything had to be up to date. I had to get two housing inspection reports as one was conducted 2months before submission, I took papers with me to Pak but didnt end up submitting them so that was 'apparently' no longer valid..:( so had to get a new one done. That's my experience I hope someone with a better understanding can shed some light on the validity of it etc. Insha'Allah I hope you are successful :)
Allah is the greatest!

Mandarin

Hearing

Post by Mandarin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:10 am

Is it better to have a paper based hearing or an oral one?

akaamir

Re: Hearing

Post by akaamir » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:35 am

Mandarin wrote:Is it better to have a paper based hearing or an oral one?

i had mine oral heaing which takes only 3 month but if you have all ur documment to submith with refusal letter then paper is better because sometime eco see new evidence and then withdraw the case before it goes to court.
about knowledge of life in the uk they said something similer to my hubby but when i went to court told judge that he have the pass the test and my husband have friend and family in uk he is fully understand life in the uk judge look at the certificate and was agree with me .
so dont worry you need to put that in covering letter that you do understand life in the UK.
Best of luck its better to do appeal within 28 day hopefully you will get the visa just concetrate on refusal grounds..
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

RHussain07

Re: indefinite leave to remain

Post by RHussain07 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:05 am

batleykhan wrote:
RHussain07 wrote:salam all.

It's been a while since I last posted here....my wife came to the UK last year after being granted her visa in July 2010.

This forum was wonderful mashAllah along with its members advice and alhamdulilah uncle batleykhan who brings us all together - i do dua for all of you.

My question relates to a few items for the next step in my wifes journey to the uk - yep there is no stopping once you get entry clearance....next is indefinite leave to remain!!
Can any of the experienced members help with the following q's:

1. After my wife came to the UK, we had a baby a few months ago mashAllah . does our baby have to be declared as a dependent on the Set M / ILR form? - the form says declare dependants who are also applying for ILR and I dont think our baby is in this category.

No she is not classed as a dependant.You do not need to mention this on form.

2. we receive child benefit for our baby which on the Set M / ILR form is listed as a 'public fund'. The child benefit is in my wifes name and we all know spouses who get entry clearance have no recourse to public funds. Therefore have i made a mistake in having the child benefit in my wifes name or is it ok given i am a british citizen and i would have got it anyway?

Yes you (or your wife-providing she is living with you) are entitled to claim child beneit

3. how many accounts do ILR applicants show? we have an expenses account (in my name) where my wage comes into and a small savings account (joint names).

you can show as many accounts as you want where you stash your money, or an account where your wage and bils come in and out.

If i've posted this on the wrong forum (which I think i may have!) - can someone send me the correct link).
Uncle Batley - regarding the following.....

2. we receive child benefit for our baby which on the Set M / ILR form is listed as a 'public fund'. The child benefit is in my wifes name and we all know spouses who get entry clearance have no recourse to public funds. Therefore have i made a mistake in having the child benefit in my wifes name or is it ok given i am a british citizen and i would have got it anyway?

Yes you (or your wife-providing she is living with you) are entitled to claim child beneit

......would it not be better to have the child benefit in joint names or in my name? - i dont want them being picky and stating my wife has no recourse to public funds so she shouldnt be claiming this. can they say this?

Sayyidi
- thin ice -

Post by Sayyidi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:11 am

I would have thought that recent payslips confirmed that i am still an employee, however I have requested my employers to update the old document regarding my employment.

@ Nazia :
me and you are in the same boat. I have to send these last few documents to update everything. My wife's English results took long. Your lucky you've got someone going to PAK, I'm going to send them via royal mail and hope they get there. Have you booked your gerry's appointment?

@ aaaa123 :
Thankx yaar, I have told my wife to not leave the place until she has all three documents. Much appreciated.

@ Exquisite33 :
That is a good idea, I will fill the form out and forward to my wife to sign.
My property survey is around 7 weeks old, will i have a problem?

@ All

Good luck, and Jummah Mubarek.

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:47 am

@ sayyidi

i dont think so the property ser report wil be any probs if its 7 weeks old i had mine done in mid feb 2011 and we submit application 2nd week in april 2011 never had any problem.evan my employee letter was 7- 8 week old as long as you submit you updated pay slip you wont have any problem.
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

General30

Spousal visa application

Post by General30 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:03 am

Salaam to all
Alhamdulilah with the will of Allah S.W.T my wife has recieved her call in letter today asking her to bring in her passport and t.b certificate along with copy of my passport as they are now in a position to issue the visa I couldn't believe my luck I was thinking that it will be going to court I'm so happy I at last this wait is over I'm going to book my tickets now lol and she will be submitting her passport in on Monday
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:08 am

@Nazia
The 3 sheets i told u about i know that is for city n guilds but i dont know about other test centres.
The house inspection report is valid 4 3 months the women who made mine said that but once i rang sum immigration ppl n they told me its valid 4 6 months.
employers letter I have read in batleykhans post that it shudnt b more than 6 weeks old.
The reason y I told u to write the info about the delay in the forms coz my lawyer said to me if thier any important info like if u were under the age limit n that write in the form coz the eco sumtimes dont read all of the sponsorship letter. I just wrote a lil note n attached it wid my paperwork.
But the ppl at gerrys r so annoyin they made my hubby do 2 copies each of all of my paperwork n they took the treasury tag off n mixed all papers up, they didnt put the tag back n put them in i dont know wat order.
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

Mandarin

Re: Hearing

Post by Mandarin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:11 am

Thank you so much for your guidance Akaamir :)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:25 am

heyy general!!! walaikumsalam

CONGRATULATIONS 2 U and ur WIFE!!!!

At last, ppl r hearing good news!..i hope i'm 1 of them tooooooo lol

General30

Spousal visa application

Post by General30 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks naila
I hope you all hear something positive really soon inshallah it is stressing I know but just have your faith in Allah and everything will be ok inshallah
And I would like to say that I got told by a friend to contact my mp at the house of commons which I did and I got my call in letter straight after 2 weeks of my mp contacting the uk border agency these guys really help and I would strongly recommend anyone who thinks they are taking ages to contact there local mp it works

May Allah make the wait easy for u all ameen and unite. With your loved ones.

Equisite sis have u had your passport returned yet ?
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:31 pm

whos my mp??.. :shock: :?: :shock: :?: :shock: lol

m.k

Post by m.k » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:41 pm

@ naila
Try marsha singh the local mp cos ur in bradford he wos da one who requested 4 my appeal hearing date to be brought forward and they did.