ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

enigma321

Post by enigma321 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:08 am

m.k wrote:Has anyone's huby/wife taken a city and guilds test? Any ideas on how easy/hard it is? Also wat documents do they provide?
A few people here have posted about that test but they are saying it takes a long time to get the test results certificate. I think around 2 months, might want to pick another one if you can.
AcrossBorders wrote:Hi all,

Has anyone used for a language test.. . NTS - in Pakistan? (National Testing Service) for the language requirement and if UKBA accepted it?

feedbak appreciated!
This is the test my Wife did. The TOEIC test by NTS. It is on the list of accepted tests by UKBA. There are plenty of practise tests available on the internet for some parts and we found them very useful. Also, if you are in Islamabad, I know they will provide you with an internet link to sample material as well.
SUBMITTED: 14/12/2011 @ ISB
UNDER PROCESS: 30/12/2011
READY FOR COLLECTION: 01/02/2012
VISA GRANTED

akaamir

Re: Spousal visa application

Post by akaamir » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:18 am

Exquisit33 wrote:
General30 wrote:Thanks naila
I hope you all hear something positive really soon inshallah it is stressing I know but just have your faith in Allah and everything will be ok inshallah
And I would like to say that I got told by a friend to contact my mp at the house of commons which I did and I got my call in letter straight after 2 weeks of my mp contacting the uk border agency these guys really help and I would strongly recommend anyone who thinks they are taking ages to contact there local mp it works

May Allah make the wait easy for u all ameen and unite. With your loved ones.

Equisite sis have u had your passport returned yet ?
Congrats General30 soo happy for you. Finally there is a positive outcome from a long wait. Alhumdhulila! I wish you both a happy married life together. Mubarakah!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I still have not heard anything. I dunno why they are taking so long to give passport back? Make dua for us please!

i read call in letter they say might be it can take up to 8 weeks .so sis dont worry soon you will received your hubbys passport.
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

m.k

Post by m.k » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:58 pm

enigma321 wrote:
m.k wrote:Has anyone's huby/wife taken a city and guilds test? Any ideas on how easy/hard it is? Also wat documents do they provide?
A few people here have posted about that test but they are saying it takes a long time to get the test results certificate. I think around 2 months, might want to pick another one if you can.
Hi Yeh it does take two months so v heard were due to apply in April so huby is takin test early Feb inshallah. Anybody know if it was easy or hard?
AcrossBorders wrote:Hi all,

Has anyone used for a language test.. . NTS - in Pakistan? (National Testing Service) for the language requirement and if UKBA accepted it?

feedbak appreciated!
This is the test my Wife did. The TOEIC test by NTS. It is on the list of accepted tests by UKBA. There are plenty of practise tests available on the internet for some parts and we found them very useful. Also, if you are in Islamabad, I know they will provide you with an internet link to sample material as well.

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Vectone Mobile just sent me my call history via e-mail and it is 59 pages long lol

I dont have a printer and got soo much stuff to print off, need to get all the paperwork ready by tuesday-wednesday

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 pm

nazia sis!!!!

cum to my house and u can print off free!..lol

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:26 pm

XnailaX wrote:nazia sis!!!!

cum to my house and u can print off free!..lol
Aww bless, I'm getting my nephew to print it off at school for me lol

59 pages of vectone call history, 17 pages of the vaf4a form, my sponsorship letter and the lyca mobile call history I will print that off at the local library.

The vaf4a form looks hard lol

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:29 pm

oh ok..wel u stil kno wher i am if u need any help :)

no sis,..the form is really straight forward...if u need help let us kno plzzz.... xxx

make a second copy of the vaf4a form jus in case..ok??..so thats 34 pages lol...xxx

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:16 pm

XnailaX wrote:oh ok..wel u stil kno wher i am if u need any help :)

no sis,..the form is really straight forward...if u need help let us kno plzzz.... xxx

make a second copy of the vaf4a form jus in case..ok??..so thats 34 pages lol...xxx
Such a headache this visa kasam
I will read the guidance when filling in each section, the bits I dont know the answer to i will leave it blank and hubby can fill it in or i will ring him and get the answer.

Do you know that bit where it says whether he is employed, what did you guys put?

Sayyidi
- thin ice -

Post by Sayyidi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:08 am

Guys, have you seen the new updates that UK border agency have made on their website, in regards to English test.
There is a separate test for spouse's.

HELP!!!

My wife in Pakistan has just passed an English speaking and listening test with City and Guilds. Do these new updates mean we have to do another test?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... h-language

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:05 am

Got worried there i thought "oh know here we go against with the A1 changes". Thankfully apart from the website nothing has been adjusted with TOEIC.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:07 am

Sayyidi wrote:Guys, have you seen the new updates that UK border agency have made on their website, in regards to English test.
There is a separate test for spouse's.

HELP!!!

My wife in Pakistan has just passed an English speaking and listening test with City and Guilds. Do these new updates mean we have to do another test?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... h-language
Best to contact the providers.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:31 pm

nazia..

on the employed bit bout him, i wrote unemployed..

and then abit down it asks bout how he earns or sumthing..

i wrote that his dad gives him **,*** ruppess a month or summat..im gona double check on my forms jus for u ok.. :)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:40 pm

general bro...check my pm plz..and cud u reply in my pm lol cos its private lol.. :oops: jzk

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Mas_Sayed good luck 2 u 4 2morrow
I hope its visa granted inshallah
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

mars27

Post by mars27 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:32 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:Mas_Sayed good luck 2 u 4 2morrow
I hope its visa granted inshallah

best of luck mas_sayed.... Inshallah it will be granted :)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:13 pm

GOOD LUCK TO MAS AND HUBY!...!...im praying u hav sum good news to share wiv us 2mrw!!!!!!!!..xxxx

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:11 pm

XnailaX wrote:nazia..

on the employed bit bout him, i wrote unemployed..

and then abit down it asks bout how he earns or sumthing..

i wrote that his dad gives him **,*** ruppess a month or summat..im gona double check on my forms jus for u ok.. :)
Hmm shall I not put my hubby occupation as a mistri lol (carpenter) and he gets paid 10-20 thousand rupees a month

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:53 pm

no sis!!..u shud write that down..whts a carpenter?..cso if its good job then u can say in the other question below that when he cums to UK, he will apply for job in that of workforce description bcos hes gt experience init...

we wrote unemployed cos my hubys a farmer boy init lol..so wht money is he gna get when working wiv his/ family..nothing..

plz mind my lack of english skils/language cos my brains cells are dead lol..or rather i dnt hav any lol :oops:

earthlling
Newly Registered

Post by earthlling » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 pm

XnailaX wrote:whts a carpenter?
Seriously???

m.k

Post by m.k » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 pm

@ sayyidi

How did ur wife find the test?

My hubbys taking the city and guilds one next week sum tym, he's calm about it and im stressing?

When is ur wife due to apply?

Sayyidi
- thin ice -

Post by Sayyidi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Hey M.k,

It's a pretty simple test. Make sure to practice the basics with her. My wife found it simple.
The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the new ruling with City and Guild tests (check my previous post).

Anyways you can find some sample test questions online and on youtube, so just help her to revise using these and your own general knowledge. The certificates take aroung 6 weeks plus to come.

I am due to apply this coming week Insha'allah.

Sayyidi
- thin ice -

Post by Sayyidi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:07 am

@ MK,

apologies, i was half asleep i think when I addressed your partner as her instead of him.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:23 am

The_Waiting_Game wrote:
mas_sayed wrote:My husband rang me this morning, saying he received a text, that the passport was ready for collection! Thank you guys for your duas, hes going to pick up the passport on Monday, so ive still got a wait :(

Good Luck to you all!!
Great news Mas and Rehan2, many many congratulations. Seems like us december lot shouldn't be so far behind . . . .

From following the forum it seems like they tend to process most visas at the end of the month, maybe to meet their monthly statistics targets????

Hmmmm, so no update on the site before the text? Which means it's useless checking the website 10 times a day! :P

Will update u guys as soon as Mrs hears anything :)
Hi

any news at ur end??
visa-grante:25.10.12

Exquisit33

Re: Spousal visa application

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:15 am

General30 wrote:Hi thanks for your kind words equisite inshallah u will get your passport back next week because u submitted it really close to christmas that's why it has taken long coz of holidays and i know some of them have 28 days off personally i think all the eco probably came back to work on like 23/1/12 and had a load to catch up on And ofcourse I will keep u all in my duas I also wish u a very happy married life:)

Thanks Rehana don't worry inshallah you will hear something soon just stay positive
@ Thanks General30 :) I hope so too. My husband checked with Gerry's and they said that it still has not arrived back yet. I know I should be patient but it really is stressing me out. Let's hope you are right and that we get it back this week Insha'Allah.

@ Akaamir I asked my hubby and he said it didn't state 6 weeks on Call Letter anywhere, also when he submitted passport they said it will only take 28 days.

Please all continue to rememember all of us in your duas!
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:18 am

Good Luck Mas_Syed,

I hope vias is granted Insha'Allah!
Please let us know the update as soon as you hear something. x
Allah is the greatest!