ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alterhase58
Germany

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:18 pm

You can also supply letters from employers to confirm you have worked for them, stating dates from to. I believe there is a way to obtain your NI record from HMRC but you are relying on their processing times which can be long. A good approach to cover any gaps in your records would be to contact both previous employers and HMRC.

nill5
Newly Registered

Post by nill5 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

Hi all, I have a quick question in relation to passport interview. How do they inform you about the passport interview? Do they ask everyone to attend this interview? I have my ceremony at the end of this month, got a holiday booked first week of October so I was hoping to apply for the passport after I come back from my holiday. But as soon as I am back from my holiday I am booked on a course for my professional qualification, I am just worried that it will clash with my course (if we are required to attend an interview).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:34 am

nill5 wrote:Hi all, I have a quick question in relation to passport interview. How do they inform you about the passport interview? Do they ask everyone to attend this interview? I have my ceremony at the end of this month, got a holiday booked first week of October so I was hoping to apply for the passport after I come back from my holiday. But as soon as I am back from my holiday I am booked on a course for my professional qualification, I am just worried that it will clash with my course (if we are required to attend an interview).
If you DID NOT apply using JCAP, then yes, everyone has to attend an interview. They will write to you to book your interview, you select when and where is convenient for you.

You do realise you have to return your BRP (if non EU) within 5 days of your ceremony?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hanzonita
Newly Registered

Post by hanzonita » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:13 pm

hello everyone! I have finally received my acceptance letter from HO. On the letter it says I should call Lambeth Council (the borough I live in) however the next group ceremony date is in late October. Do we have to book the ceremony in the borough we live? Or can we do it via neighbouring ones?

Many thanks and good luck to everyone!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:42 pm

hanzonita wrote:hello everyone! I have finally received my acceptance letter from HO. On the letter it says I should call Lambeth Council (the borough I live in) however the next group ceremony date is in late October. Do we have to book the ceremony in the borough we live? Or can we do it via neighbouring ones?

Many thanks and good luck to everyone!
You need to attend where your council is. To change councils is a long process as your certificate has to be sent back to HO, you have to make a request to change councils and then HO will send certificate. This process can take a few weeks.

If you have spare funds, ask when a private ceremony is available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anjanagrg
Newly Registered

Post by anjanagrg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi everyone! I have a question relating to naturalisation and passport application. I am currently in the process of applying for naturalisation. I would like to use a different signature when I apply for a British passport in the near future. To do so, what will I need to do? Do I need to change my signature when I apply for naturalisation? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Aklove2008
Newly Registered

Post by Aklove2008 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:53 am

Hello everyone!

I'm entring 16-th month of waiting for a decision on my Naturalisation (applied June 2015, 5+1).
HO - only sent me a standrad letter (10.02.16) saying "...naturalisation is not an automatic process and we make enquiries here and there = we'll be in touch...".
When i call HO - they say they are not allowed to give ANY info on my case. It is beyond the hope... :cry:

Questions( :!: ):
- Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY to know why my case is delayed ?!
- Has anybody heared about any good/expensive lawyers who can help ? or do i just wait more?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:52 am

Aklove2008 wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm entring 16-th month of waiting for a decision on my Naturalisation (applied June 2015, 5+1).
HO - only sent me a standrad letter (10.02.16) saying "...naturalisation is not an automatic process and we make enquiries here and there = we'll be in touch...".
When i call HO - they say they are not allowed to give ANY info on my case. It is beyond the hope... :cry:

Questions( :!: ):
- Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY to know why my case is delayed ?!
- Has anybody heared about any good/expensive lawyers who can help ? or do i just wait more?
Members are not permitted to post lawyer/solicitor details. Any such information will be deleted.

Contact you MP to chase HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Benji_182
inactive
United States of America

Post by Benji_182 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:24 pm

Team!

Just a quick question!

What do I do with EEA perm resident card after succcessul approval and giving oath?

I do know that if you have BRC you have to send it back etc.

Do I do the same with PR card (small blue booklet)?

Please advice?

Regards,

B

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:32 am

Benji_182 wrote:Team!

Just a quick question!

What do I do with EEA perm resident card after succcessul approval and giving oath?

Please advice?

Regards,

B
No need to send yours back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Benji_182
inactive
United States of America

Post by Benji_182 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:20 pm

CR001 wrote:

Just a quick question!

Please advice?

Regards,

B
Thanks for reply!

As naturalised person should I still keep it for any other reason or sherd it? I guess wont need it ever again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Benji_182 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Just a quick question!

Please advice?

Regards,

B
Thanks for reply!

As naturalised person should I still keep it for any other reason or sherd it? I guess wont need it ever again?
You can keep it if you want to, you just never know when HO might ask for something.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aks_wk
Newly Registered

Post by aks_wk » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:23 pm

I had My ILR last year now I am applying for BC but I came to know that I had CCJ since 2013. I was not aware of that and never mentioned in my ILR application.
Now I am worried that if I declare HO mau think I did deception for my ILR application. What should I so now as I am stuck dont know what to do.

jay_p1111
Newly Registered

Post by jay_p1111 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Hello All,

I applied for my naturalisation at the end of January 2016 and am still waiting for my approval.

I understand there are a few applicants from late 2015 who are still waiting for their approvals as well.

If there's anyone here who received their approvals past 6 months, can you please share your timelines? and can you let me know if anything you did hurried the process after it past the 6 month mark?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:15 pm

jay_p1111 wrote:Hello All,

I applied for my naturalisation at the end of January 2016 and am still waiting for my approval.

I understand there are a few applicants from late 2015 who are still waiting for their approvals as well.

If there's anyone here who received their approvals past 6 months, can you please share your timelines? and can you let me know if anything you did hurried the process after it past the 6 month mark?

Thanks
Any reason why you cannot look at the monthly 2016 timeline threads yourself? This topic is not for timeline updates.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:15 pm

Timelines are posted in timeline topics.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi all,

I applied in August 2015 - I'm still waiting for the decision even after 14 months.

Anyone in similar situation or has been in the situation but have now received a decision?

Regards
Malik15

mkh05r

Post by mkh05r » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi, thats a long waiting time, did you contact HO? What do they say?
malik15 wrote:Hi all,

I applied in August 2015 - I'm still waiting for the decision even after 14 months.

Anyone in similar situation or has been in the situation but have now received a decision?

Regards
Malik15

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:31 pm

mkh05r wrote:Hi, thats a long waiting time, did you contact HO? What do they say?
malik15 wrote:Hi all,

Regards
Malik15
I did. Apparently they are still doing checks. I've written to the quite a few times and received sane reply - waiting checks.

Aklove2008
Newly Registered

Post by Aklove2008 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:21 pm

Positive Update :D ***

To all - who are waiting over 1 year and more ! :arrow: Dont loose hope!
I have just recieved approval letter - after waiting 1 year and 4 month. (5 year Tier1 + 1 ILR)

Applied - 30 June 2015
Biometrics - 12 July 2015
Approval letter - 01 October 2016
Ceremony is booked for 09 November.

I wonder what is the process of applying for passport after ceremony?

Good luck to all of you!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Aklove2008 wrote:Positive Update :D ***

To all - who are waiting over 1 year and more ! :arrow: Dont loose hope!
I have just recieved approval letter - after waiting 1 year and 4 month. (5 year Tier1 + 1 ILR)

Applied - 30 June 2015
Biometrics - 12 July 2015
Approval letter - 01 October 2016
Ceremony is booked for 09 November.

I wonder what is the process of applying for passport after ceremony?

Good luck to all of you!!!
Please post timelines in the appropriate month/year timeline thread.

Pick up a passport form from Post Office, complete and submit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

avva78
Newly Registered

Post by avva78 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:23 am

Hi,

I need an advise please on NCS. I called my local office to book appt to check citizenship form. Been asked for date when my card been issued. It was this month but my supporting documents are from 2009- 2014I don't want wait a year to apply for British citizenship. So she refused to book appt. I thought part of this appt is so they can call HO and check dates for you. Apparently in my local office they don't call only checking form and taking copies. Is the other way to check date when I equire my residency except SAR request please. I live in Hampshire, anyone had similar issue here? What date should I gave them?

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:08 pm

@avva78
You are free to use another NCS office, but perhaps it's better you ask in the general forum first to point you in the right direction, i.e. dates etc.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vitolya
Newly Registered

Post by vitolya » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:44 pm

hi, colleagues!

Today I made application via NCS Hounslow

I am frustrated as a lady returned me my IELTS certificate but take only Live in UK test.
Is was ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:49 am

vitolya wrote:hi, colleagues!

Today I made application via NCS Hounslow

I am frustrated as a lady returned me my IELTS certificate but take only Live in UK test.
Is was ok?
Are you apply after holding ILR on the UK immigration route? Did you apply for ILR after October 2013? If yes to both, then NCS is correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)