ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

the guy
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by the guy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Congrats @arsalali, I am sure yours is approved. Just chillax, by tomorrow you will get it confirmed at hand.
Have you travelled a lot whithin the 10 years? like how many days in total?
Thanks
arsalali wrote:@helostar

Thank you but bit nervous though.

I applied a week before completing 10 years.

Regards,
arsalali

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Sam7864u wrote:Hi Everyone,
I wanted to find out the processing time for ILR applications.I delivered my documents and application bundle to my solicitor on 11th of April I imagine she submitted on 17th June. My case is bit complicated in January my work visa was expiring and solicitor applied for flr visa which was refused and we got the appeal right we submitted appeal and in April I completed 10 years then my solicitor applied for ilr as per her saying on 13th of April I didn't get any acknowledgement or neither the payment was taken I called home office and been told that my application has not been received I called my solicitor and then received acknowledgement from ho that they received on 19th of June they took the payments of my dependents but not mine and then we received the biometrics letters for them too on 19th but nothing came out for me yet apart from my acknowledgement letter I am worried what's happening just want to know anyone have similer situation. As soon as Homeoffice received my application and we received acknowledgement letter my solicitor withdrew my appeal .
Regards sam
hi Sam7864u

Current ILR application processing time is 16-17 weeks. On an average It was 15 weeks for February applicants and 13 weeks for January applicants. I hope this helps.
regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Dependant of SET LR, applying with FLR M

Post by Spatacus » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Hello folks, for those of you who have applied for their dependant(wife) using form FLR M and filled Section 7B (Maintenance Requirement), could you please answer my questions below;
1.How much are you supposed to have in your account to meet maintenance requirement of your wife application of FLR M?
2.How many months bank statements did you submit together with your wife FLR M?

Your response will be very much appreciated. Senior members and people who have similar experience your input is highly needed.
Thanks.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:10 pm

HI arsalali, you mean you applied a week before completing the 28-days toward your 10 years??

the guy wrote:Congrats @arsalali, I am sure yours is approved. Just chillax, by tomorrow you will get it confirmed at hand.
Have you travelled a lot whithin the 10 years? like how many days in total?
Thanks

Regards,
arsalali

Sam7864u
Newly Registered

Post by Sam7864u » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:23 pm

march_ilr wrote:
I wanted to find out the processing time for ILR applications.I delivered my documents and application bundle to my solicitor on 11th of April I imagine she submitted on 17th June. My case is bit complicated in January my work visa was expiring and solicitor applied for flr visa which was refused and we got the appeal right we submitted appeal and in April I completed 10 years then my solicitor applied for ilr as per her saying on 13th of April I didn't get any acknowledgement or neither the payment was taken I called home office and been told that my application has not been received I called my solicitor and then received acknowledgement from ho that they received on 19th of June they took the payments of my dependents but not mine and then we received the biometrics letters for them too on 19th but nothing came out for me yet apart from my acknowledgement letter I am worried what's happening just want to know anyone have similer situation. As soon as Homeoffice received my application and we received acknowledgement letter my solicitor withdrew my appeal .
Regards sam
Thanx March_ilr

hi Sam7864u

Current ILR application processing time is 16-17 weeks. On an average It was 15 weeks for February applicants and 13 weeks for January applicants. I hope this helps.
regards;
march_ilr

Sam7864u
Newly Registered

Post by Sam7864u » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:23 pm

march_ilr wrote:
Regards sam
Thanx March_ilr

hi Sam7864u

regards;
march_ilr

Sam7864u
Newly Registered

Post by Sam7864u » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:46 pm

Anyone having similar story :?

RANA-ALI

Re: 10 years long residence application

Post by RANA-ALI » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:43 am

[quote="Sam7864u"]Anyone having similar story :?[quote]
Sam,
I applied in nov 13 for ilr. I recived my awkn. Letter after some time and also fee was taken out of my account with in a week time.but I didnt recive my bio matric enrolment letter, after waited a month i rang HO to find out why its not sent out as my dep received bio matric enrolment letter after couple of week even i applied her flrm after couple of week from when i applied ilr, to my surprise when i given my ref. no from awkn. letter HO phone operator cant find me in thier system , then operator took my details again and said the same thing, i also gave them HO office ref no for my previous application then she said that i can only see my mrs detail by putting this ref, and she also confirms that ur mrs apply flrm and its on hold at the moment. I didnt recive my bio matric invitation till the first week of jan14.
I think as long as u have ur application's delivery proof and acknw. U ll be fine Insha Allah. Dont worry too much keep checking on them untill ur application get updated on thier system . One of the reason phone operator mention to me was as the rule changed on oct 13 they receive very high number of application , hence this could be the reason that my file was not updated yet, i cant understand that y it happen with ur application now ? I really hope u get ur app, inline soon and get approved
All the best

RANA-ALI

Re: Dependant of SET LR, applying with FLR M

Post by RANA-ALI » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:58 am

Spatacus wrote:Hello folks, for those of you who have applied for their dependant(wife) using form FLR M and filled Section 7B (Maintenance Requirement), could you please answer my questions below;
1.How much are you supposed to have in your account to meet maintenance requirement of your wife application of FLR M?

Your response will be very much appreciated. Senior members and people who have similar experience your input is highly needed.
Thanks.
To clear the question 1
About mainatinenece
Do u mean under transitional arrangement?
1- i had between 2 to 3k
2 - i submitted 3 month bank statment
Also submitted 6 month pay slips
If u not filling 7a then ur earning should be enough to
meet the national minimum living expences ( i believe )
This is in the light of my experince but please wait for other members reply as well on this

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant of SET LR, applying with FLR M

Post by Spatacus » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:32 am

RANA-ALI wrote:
Spatacus wrote:Hello folks, for those of you who have applied for their dependant(wife) using form FLR M and filled Section 7B (Maintenance Requirement), could you please answer my questions below;

Thanks.
To clear the question 1
About mainatinenece
Do u mean under transitional arrangement?
1- i had between 2 to 3k
2 - i submitted 3 month bank statment
Also submitted 6 month pay slips
If u not filling 7a then ur earning should be enough to
meet the national minimum living expences ( i believe )
This is in the light of my experince but please wait for other members reply as well on this
Hi Rana-Ali,
Thank you very much for your quick reply to my questions as i have been trying hard to find any document in HO website relating to how much is actually needed to meet the Maintenance Requirements under the transitional arrangement by filling ONLY Section 7B of FLR M, but i could not find any document or guidance but now that you mentioned national minimum living expenses, then it became a bit more clear to me. Hope to get more response from other members.
Thank you Rana-Ali for your great input.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:59 am

kusanagi wrote:Hi everyone. I have a question and looking to get help from this forum. I will be very grateful if you guys can answer.
I am 42 days short to complete my 10 years. I have my wife who is living with me from last 4 and half years and MashAllah my son who born here and is nearly 20 months. My visa will expire in mid August. What can I do to complete my 10 years.

Can I apply for ILR straight and for wife set (M)? Or
Can I send FLR application to complete my 10 years and send ILR after 42 days?
Do I have to show the salary requirement?
what is the English requirements for my wife.

Please advice as I am very confused and wasted enough money to different solicitors for consultation charges.

I will be very grateful for any help. I am on PSW visa now.
Thanks
It is possible to make an early ILR application as well. If you apply before you current leave expire you will be covered by 3C leave which can be add-up to make 10 year legal stay. Here are the successful examples of early applications:
Query - 24 days shorter for 10 years Long Residency – ILR

Urgent Help Required-ILR when delay in travel for 3 mon 1 da

Shortfall of 28 days before ILR Application

For your wife it's A1 English requirement along financial £ 18600 as well. If child born here you don't have to include him in any FLR application (regardless of any visa he hold) and register him as BC once u got your ILR sorted.

If your ultimate intention is to gain ILR then there is no point applying any other leave which ll only cost you money and time. As the date of decision is significant, especially these days SET LR is taking longer than 4 months so your 45 days ll be cover in no time.
N/A

arsalali
Newly Registered

Post by arsalali » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:08 am

Applied on 11/03/2014
Applied one week before completing my 10 years.

Docs sent were as
Passports
Liuk test
Brp
English certificate b1

As far as i remember in total i was approximately 150-60 days out in 10 years

Regards,
Arsalali

arsalali
Newly Registered

Post by arsalali » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:16 am

@MLR14

i have been reading the posts for 2-3 weeks and just registered with immigration board.

I am not really sure about the google drive although i have seen ppl mentioning about it.

Regards,
Arsalali

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:20 am

Hi did you get the parcel today?
Khan

arsalali wrote:Applied on 11/03/2014
Applied one week before completing my 10 years.

Docs sent were as
Passports
Liuk test
Brp
English certificate b1

As far as i remember in total i was approximately 150-60 days out in 10 years

Regards,
Arsalali

arsalali
Newly Registered

Post by arsalali » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:48 am

Nothing received today.Postman came but nothing.Have to Wait until monday now.

Inshallah waiting for good news.

Pray for me.
Regards,arsalali.

the guy
Newly Registered

Post by the guy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:11 pm

@Arsalali,
Thanks for the update on your application.
I am praying for you to get your approval ASAP, and also for all our members to get ours ASAP as well.
Best wishes to all,
The guy

mustansir
Newly Registered

Post by mustansir » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:28 pm

helostar wrote:
mustansir wrote:Hi i have submitted my application on 4/06/14 using the old form dated 04/14
application submitted on 04/06/14
Acknowledgment letter received on 12/06/14
Bio metric received on 25/06/14
Bio metric done on 28/06/14

so far i don't think there is any issue with the form version

Thanks
Mustansir
did you apply 28 days earlier?
or you completed 10 years full???
regards
helostar

hi
i applied around 14 days earlier then my arrival date

Thank you
Mustan

mustansir
Newly Registered

Post by mustansir » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:53 pm

Regards,
arsalali
by law you can apply 28 days before your entry date you should be OK don't worry

thanks
mustan

kusanagi
Newly Registered

Post by kusanagi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:
kusanagi wrote:
My visa was stamped on 21st Sep but I came to UK on 4th of Oct. Someone told me that HO consider your 10 years from the date of ILR application. I have also been advised to apply on FLR form and once 10 years compeleted then send ILR.
You have traveled within 28 days after getting your visa and i think you can apply from the date when you get your visa.
You do not need to wait to day of entry clearance. But also take seniors advise too.

Reagrds
Dear Kusanagi ,

Sorry to interrupt on the advice that you can apply 21st Sep , i will not agree on it , there is no such rule for Long Residency route applicant to apply on the visa date stamped and you travalled with in 28 days of the visa issue ...

i am afraid , this is not written any where and if so kindly share the link ,

so kindly don't get confuse on it , there is no option in the application form as well when your visa was stamped ?, however there is the question on the form when did you arrived in this country first / date of entry clearance as you CLOCK will start from the date you landed in this country . i.e in your case is 4th oct .

SO, you can apply 28 days before 4th oct , i.e on 6th Sept or after 6th sept

so now check when your last visa is finishing so according to the given information in those 45 days if you have included those 28 days then you can minus those 28 days so you will left with 17 days short and if you calculated your 45 days excluding the 28 days then there are different ways you can regularise your stay by applying some different category so by the time you will be processed for fees ,bio metric and decision and it reaches the 6th sept then you can apply for ILR on Variation of application ..

And there is a clear question on SET( LR) that "are you applying 28 days before the completion of the 10 years ?"
so Don't get confuse and don't mess up with 28 days and be very careful to avoid any disappointment ...
but i am sure that any one can apply 28 days before the completion of the 10 years ,
for your information yes , it is also true you will find some solicitors who never take any chance to apply before 28 days in the cases like you where they are short of 45 or more then 28 days short and it is also a good practise to play safely . hope you understand what i mean here so keep their clients on safe side they are advising this to their clients so HO can not make issue of those 28 days .....

I am not sure how to file for the variation of application ..you can still wait for some times so any one can give you advise on it or simply ask to the solicitor as we can only discuss the cases here to give you some options and ways or there are few solicitor where you can ask on TV SHOW ....HOPE you will get some useful advice on it .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kenXi1WcGow probably you may get the similar case in their tv programs ....some of them are available on you tube ...
.BUT
make sure there are some rules to do the variation of the application which i am not 100% sure what they are but if your FLR or any other category decision will come before 4th oct then obviously you will get the right to appeal and most likely you will get discretionary leave as your children are born here and you are living here with your wife and children but if your 10 years will complete before the court hearing or appeal date then you can not apply for SET( LR) straight away as variation ...they recently has changed the procedure where variation of application will be applied on your appeal hearing day in the court before your flr decision will start in the court on the same date where you will explain them that your 10 years are completed so judge will make decision on the same day and will refer your case to HO to accept his application for SET( LR) ...

And just in case if you will not get your FLR decision before 4th oct so you can apply for variation of application ...i am not sure about the procedure of that variation ....wether you have to with draw your current application and applied for the set( lr) same day or through some other process and also keep in mind that withdrawing application and applying for variation may regularise your stay or not ...there is a confusion on it ..in some cases they treat withdrawing an application and applying for the new one as VOID and VOID will consider as gap so please seek some good solicitor advice on it ,....or make sure you are following the right procedure to applying as variation of application..

Again i will say if you don't want to apply through solicitor make sure you are applying for the right application to cover your 45 days short in order to keep YOUR STAY REGULARISED , so kindly look into every possible way and take your decision wisely and make sure you follow the timings and procedure , to not to give HO any weak point other wise if incase your application will refuse it would go for appeal and although you will get ILR in the end because your personal cicumstances and your ties with this country but it may take longer because of appeal and hearing dates and so on ..so avoid any delays and disappointment make sure follow the correct procedure ..
i can understand that applying with family and solicitors fees will be very expensive to afford ....

wish you all the best

Keep updating us

With Regards ,
Shah
Thank you very much Shahkakaram for you detailed answer. I am very grateful to you. It made a lot of sense to me and cleared my mind.
I am going to send FLR application and by the time I will get acknowledgement letter and biometric, I will fall within 28 days and then I will send variation of application and send my ILR.
Is it what you meant to say??

total_siyappa
Newly Registered

Post by total_siyappa » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks to Almighty ALLAH and prayers from all loved ones including support from great fellows in this forum specially Shahjee. Also my beloved father who passed away earlier during the year and I was unable to travel due to visa issue.

MY INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN VISA IS APPROVED AND JUST NOW I RECEIVED MY DOCUMENTS. :) ( My timeline can be seen on google doc thanks )

I AM HAPPY BUT MORE HAPPINESS IS BECAUSE NOW I CAN TRAVEL TO PAKISTAN CAREFREE. :D

I LIKE TO CONGRATULATE ALL WHO GOT THEIR VISAS AND WISH EVERYONE LUCK WHO ARE CURRENTLY WAITING FOR THEIR APPLICATION OUTCOME , MAY GOD BLESS AND BE POSITIVE AND HAVE TREMENDOUS PATIENCE AS IT IS A WAITING GAME.

SHAH JEE , tussi great ho, please do e-mail me I need some advise from you thanks. My e-mail is faisalm18@hotmail.com

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:43 pm

total_siyappa wrote:Thanks to Almighty ALLAH and prayers from all loved ones including support from great fellows in this forum specially Shahjee. Also my beloved father who passed away earlier during the year and I was unable to travel due to visa issue.

MY INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN VISA IS APPROVED AND JUST NOW I RECEIVED MY DOCUMENTS. :) ( My timeline can be seen on google doc thanks )

I AM HAPPY BUT MORE HAPPINESS IS BECAUSE NOW I CAN TRAVEL TO PAKISTAN CAREFREE. :D

I LIKE TO CONGRATULATE ALL WHO GOT THEIR VISAS AND WISH EVERYONE LUCK WHO ARE CURRENTLY WAITING FOR THEIR APPLICATION OUTCOME , MAY GOD BLESS AND BE POSITIVE AND HAVE TREMENDOUS PATIENCE AS IT IS A WAITING GAME.

SHAH JEE , tussi great ho, please do e-mail me I need some advise from you thanks. My e-mail is faisalm18@hotmail.com
Congratulations Mate . Good Luck for the Future....

mustansir
Newly Registered

Post by mustansir » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Hello Everyone
can someone please give me the link to sky drive

Thank you
mustan

the guy
Newly Registered

Post by the guy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:46 pm

you can access sky drive on:

Sam7864u
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence application

Post by Sam7864u » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Thank u so much For yr reply Rana Ali
RANA-ALI wrote:
Sam7864u wrote:Anyone having similar story :?
Sam,
I applied in nov 13 for ilr. I recived my awkn. Letter after some time and also fee was taken out of my account with in a week time.but I didnt recive my bio matric enrolment letter, after waited a month i rang HO to find out why its not sent out as my dep received bio matric enrolment letter after couple of week even i applied her flrm after couple of week from when i applied ilr, to my surprise when i given my ref. no from awkn. letter HO phone operator cant find me in thier system , then operator took my details again and said the same thing, i also gave them HO office ref no for my previous application then she said that i can only see my mrs detail by putting this ref, and she also confirms that ur mrs apply flrm and its on hold at the moment. I didnt recive my bio matric invitation till the first week of jan14.
I think as long as u have ur application's delivery proof and acknw. U ll be fine Insha Allah. Dont worry too much keep checking on them untill ur application get updated on thier system . One of the reason phone operator mention to me was as the rule changed on oct 13 they receive very high number of application , hence this could be the reason that my file was not updated yet, i cant understand that y it happen with ur application now ? I really hope u get ur app, inline soon and get approved
All the best

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:59 pm

total_siyappa wrote:Thanks to Almighty ALLAH and prayers from all loved ones including support from great fellows in this forum specially Shahjee. Also my beloved father who passed away earlier during the year and I was unable to travel due to visa issue.

Many Congratulations bro. Enjoy your freedom.

I am very sorry to hear about your father's death earlier this year. May ALLAH forgive him and place him in Jannat (ameen).

Please pray for us as this wait is too much now.

Regards