ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vitolya
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by vitolya » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:43 am

CR001 wrote:
vitolya wrote:hi, colleagues!

Today I made application via NCS Hounslow

I am frustrated as a lady returned me my IELTS certificate but take only Live in UK test.
Is was ok?
Are you apply after holding ILR on the UK immigration route? Did you apply for ILR after October 2013? If yes to both, then NCS is correct.
Yes, after 1.3 years on ILRreceived in 2015. ILR after 5 years with tier 1 General
Thank you very much!
it is relief for me...

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:07 pm

avva78 wrote:Hi,

I need an advise please on NCS. I called my local office to book appt to check citizenship form. Been asked for date when my card been issued. It was this month but my supporting documents are from 2009- 2014I don't want wait a year to apply for British citizenship. So she refused to book appt. I thought part of this appt is so they can call HO and check dates for you. Apparently in my local office they don't call only checking form and taking copies. Is the other way to check date when I equire my residency except SAR request please. I live in Hampshire, anyone had similar issue here? What date should I gave them?

Many thanks
You have to wait for a year after grant of ILR unless:

1. You are married to a British citizen

or

2. You are in the Armed Forces.

If you choose to take a gamble, then good luck :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

avva78
Newly Registered

Post by avva78 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi all,

Need an advise on absences please?
Booklet states that:
You must not have had more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the 12 month period before making the application.

I'm planning to go for away abroad for a family reason for 2- 4 months after I submitted application. I didn't exceed absences limit during last 12 montha or 5 years. So if I let say submit my application today and will go away end of November for 3 months or more. Is this absence will count? Matter? How long I can be away after submitting application? This is a temporary absence, my life and home is in UK.I know I had to be here for bio metric or ceremony. Thank you.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:11 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:

I need an advise please on NCS. I called my local office to book appt to check citizenship form. Been asked for date when my card been issued. It was this month but my supporting documents are from 2009- 2014I don't want wait a year to apply for British citizenship. So she refused to book appt. I thought part of this appt is so they can call HO and check dates for you. Apparently in my local office they don't call only checking form and taking copies. Is the other way to check date when I equire my residency except SAR request please. I live in Hampshire, anyone had similar issue here? What date should I gave them?

Many thanks
You have to wait for a year after grant of ILR unless:

1. You are married to a British citizen

or

2. You are in the Armed Forces.

If you choose to take a gamble, then good luck :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OP is causing confusion by posting same question all over the place - despite having an answer elsewhere;
and without explaining they have PR not ILR

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1409109
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:29 pm

avva78 wrote:Hi all,

Booklet states that:
You must not have had more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the 12 month period before making the application.

I'm planning to go for away abroad for a family reason for 2- 4 months after I submitted application. I didn't exceed absences limit during last 12 montha or 5 years. So if I let say submit my application today and will go away end of November for 3 months or more. Is this absence will count? Matter? How long I can be away after submitting application? This is a temporary absence, my life and home is in UK.I know I had to be here for bio metric or ceremony. Thank you.
You need to think about HOW ur actions will be interpreted with respect to FUTURE INTENTIONS.

I am NOT an authority on this, but I would suggest u dont leave until you have done your BIOMETRICS and
DONT stay longer than 3 months afterwards. REM: it's your money on the line :oops: :oops: :oops:

avva78
Newly Registered

Post by avva78 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi,

If you will have a look at the time when I posted question on both forum you will noticed they are a minutes apart. I didn't post question on 2nd forum after getting answer from another. Simply didn't know which forum I should use. Thought this a way of helping each other and not keeping record of mistakes or pointing fingers at people.
Regards,

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:03 pm

If you will have a look at the time when I posted question on both forum you will noticed they are a minutes apart. I didn't post question on 2nd forum after getting answer from another. Simply didn't know which forum I should use. Thought this a way of helping each other and not keeping record of mistakes or pointing fingers at people.
Regards,
It just breaches Board policy on multiple posts and causes confusion and duplication.

Only one post necessary to get an answer.
Two posts does not get answers twice as good; in this case you got a rubbish answer here - that can mislead.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mg543
Newly Registered

Post by mg543 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:45 am

Hello respected members, could somone be of help and advise re how to proceed with the delay in my naturalisation app as it has now been 8 months since i applied. Not sure what the delay is. I contacted UKVI customer services on 20th August via phone and an email. Haven't received any response to the email but received a call from the UKVI customer services saying the case is still pending decision. Don't know where to go from here tbh. Thinking about going to an MP (but not sure how useful that can be). Below is my timeline. Thanks

Eligibility criteria: 5 years tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Life In UK Test + MSc Degree
Nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Date of application: 8th February 2016
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12th February 2016
Date of acknowledgement: 17th February 2016 (email)
Date money left account: 16th February 2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 16th March 2016
Biometrics done: 19th March 2016
Date of approval: - (Still Waiting)
Date of ceremony: -
Date applied for passports: N/A
Date passports received: N/A

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:06 am

mg543 wrote:Hello respected members, could somone be of help and advise re how to proceed with the delay in my naturalisation app as it has now been 8 months since i applied. Not sure what the delay is. I contacted UKVI customer services on 20th August via phone and an email. Haven't received any response to the email but received a call from the UKVI customer services saying the case is still pending decision. Don't know where to go from here tbh. Thinking about going to an MP (but not sure how useful that can be). Below is my timeline. Thanks

Eligibility criteria: 5 years tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Life In UK Test + MSc Degree
Nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Date of application: 8th February 2016
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12th February 2016
Date of acknowledgement: 17th February 2016 (email)
Date money left account: 16th February 2016
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 16th March 2016
Biometrics done: 19th March 2016
Date of approval: - (Still Waiting)
Date of ceremony: -
Date applied for passports: N/A
Date passports received: N/A

Going to an MP is a bonus. Keep waiting! As long as your records are clean including overspeeding n HMRC then you have nothing to worry about. There are things u think HO has regarding you which sadly they dont have (including the 1st day in the UK). That is y when u apply put all necessary info.

I applied for my citizenship on 9 Sept 2015 and it turned successful on the 6 Nov 2015 < 2 months. Going to Nationality Checking does turn/tip it to your favour in anyway. Proper checks must be carried out

avva78
Newly Registered

Post by avva78 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi,

I have a appt with NCS and checking which section should I complete AN form. Notes mention section 1,2, 3, 4 & 6. How about section 5 with Referees and Identity?
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:29 pm

I have a appt with NCS and checking which section should I complete AN form. Notes mention section 1,2, 3, 4 & 6. How about section 5 with Referees and Identity?
Many thanks
Yes, you must get your referees to complete section 5. ALL applicants must have this completed, regardless of how they apply (NCS or post)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aklove2008
Newly Registered

Post by Aklove2008 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:24 am

avva78 wrote:Hi all,

Booklet states that:

As long as you dont miss biometrics after you have submitted your application - absenses DO NOT matter.
I had a job offer and left UK for 1 year, after I submitted my application / biometrics, and was approved.

ujp
Newly Registered

Post by ujp » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Hello,
Im hoping that maybe somebody could advice... I submitted my citizenship application in september, submitted my biometrics beginning of october. Then one day i remembered that i simply forgot to add a 5 days absence from UK on my application. The 5 days wouldn't make any difference, i was out of uk for about 100 days total in the last 6 years. Im worried that my omission could be seen as an attempt to 'hide' it. Like everyone else i signed my application declaring that all i've said it was true.
Do i need to worry? Do i need to contact HO?
Thank you for reading.

Blackhawk80
Newly Registered

Post by Blackhawk80 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:50 am

Hello to all member,I need a bit of advice please help.I had applied for Naturalisation in June and done my biometric enrolment .I had to travel on the 25 of september and was back yesterday 22/10/16 an found a letter from home office requesting for my orignal ESOL certficate which had to be with them by the 19/10/16 or application will be refused.now the only thing I can do now is to post it on Monday next day delivery and call the home office to explain .NB details were given on form AN.Any advice will be greatly appreciated thank you .SOS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:21 am

Blackhawk80 wrote:Hello to all member,I need a bit of advice please help.I had applied for Naturalisation in June and done my biometric enrolment .I had to travel on the 25 of september and was back yesterday 22/10/16 an found a letter from home office requesting for my orignal ESOL certficate which had to be with them by the 19/10/16 or application will be refused.now the only thing I can do now is to post it on Monday next day delivery and call the home office to explain .NB details were given on form AN.Any advice will be greatly appreciated thank you .SOS
This is why we always advise members to have someone keep an eye on their post. Hopefully HO will accept it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

edvent
Newly Registered

Post by edvent » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:34 am

Dear All, I have received approval letter of successful application and called council to arrange the ceremony but they said they will send a questionnaire which needs be filled/returned and then ceremony would be arranged.

Does anybody know what is this step or further steps would be because there was nothing such communicated by the HO or any other booklet? Thanks.

edvent
Newly Registered

Post by edvent » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:49 am

ujp wrote:Hello,
Im hoping that maybe somebody could advice... I submitted my citizenship application in september, submitted my biometrics beginning of october. Then one day i remembered that i simply forgot to add a 5 days absence from UK on my application. The 5 days wouldn't make any difference, i was out of uk for about 100 days total in the last 6 years. Im worried that my omission could be seen as an attempt to 'hide' it. Like everyone else i signed my application declaring that all i've said it was true.
Thank you for reading.
I don't think there is anything to worry about but still you SHOULD send a letter to HO explaining the situation (and that's what I would have done in case of being in this situation) and then sit back, relax and wait.

MrsT
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MrsT » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:30 pm

I'm afraid the search option is disabled, so apologies if this topic has been discussed before: how many days will you have to sort your biometric information from receipt of the letter? I have not yet received the letter but have to look into transport since there is no post office with BE close by.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:17 pm

MrsT wrote:I'm afraid the search option is disabled, so apologies if this topic has been discussed before: how many days will you have to sort your biometric information from receipt of the letter? I have not yet received the letter but have to look into transport since there is no post office with BE close by.
I just checked my letter and it says "you have up to 15 working days (from the date of this letter)". Hope this helps - good luck!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MrsT
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MrsT » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:19 pm

alterhase58 wrote: I just checked my letter and it says "you have up to 15 working days (from the date of this letter)". Hope this helps - good luck!
That's a relief, thanks alterhase58. I was concerned that I might not have enough time to sort it out.

britishcitizenship
Newly Registered

Post by britishcitizenship » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Is there a place where you can access statistics about timescales for the British Naturalization?

sud315

Post by sud315 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Yes I'm also looking for the timeline.
I have just applied today through NCS!
Good luck to all who are waiting!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:59 pm

sud315 wrote:Yes I'm also looking for the timeline.
I have just applied today through NCS!
Good luck to all who are waiting!
There are loads of timelines, by month and a general one as a sticky topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ujp
Newly Registered

Post by ujp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:54 pm

edvent wrote:
ujp wrote:Hello,
Thank you for reading.
I don't think there is anything to worry about but still you SHOULD send a letter to HO explaining the situation (and that's what I would have done in case of being in this situation) and then sit back, relax and wait.
Thank you very much for your reply. I will take your advice and will send them a letter hoping that it will be appreciated correctly as i really meant no harm... Do you think I should send it to the same address i sent the application package? (silly question, sorry...)

Waqasansaar
Newly Registered

Post by Waqasansaar » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:25 am

Hi everyone

I need a little advice here. I applied for BC on26/07/2016
Biometric done on 11/08/2016. I received letter from HO saying please submit your original passports and ESOL certificate and confirm the details at the back of the letter. This is specifically to see if I meet residence requirement. Second thing at the back of letter it's written should your application be successful your British citizenship certificate show following details. In that details they did a mistake on my country of origin. Any help must be appreciated. Thanks