ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Rehana wrote:@ Hashim

Thank you for your reply. No they definitely have not sent anything to the tribunal as it clearly states on the letter

' The notice of receipt issued for this appeal specified that these documents should be filed by January 30 2012. The tribunal has to date, not received these documents. You are required to supply the documents specified in rule 13 without further delay'

So your right there still is some hope...Just so frustrating how if we didn't adhere to deadlines, our case would be dismissed and we wudnt be given the time of day however they are given chance after chance after chance!!!
I completely agree, they should adhere to the deadline given (clearly enough time !).

I would look on the flip side and suggest that if they were to uphold the refusal they would have done so by now and sent the information to the tribunal.
Submitted: 15/07/2011 - Lahore
Rejected
Appeal Lodged: 9/09/2011
AIT Date given: 30th January 2012
** Decision Overturned **
Call In Letter Received: 31st January 2012.
Passport Collected ** 14th March 2012 **

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Rehana wrote:@Hashim

Also just out of curiosity, what was the hearing date they gave you? I know your refusal has been withdrawn however it would be interesting to find out what your hearing date was! What a long waiting game!!!
Yeah I received a notice of withdrawal today from the Tribunal. The date I was given was the 28th March 2012. Equally as horrific as you.

Its a complete disgrace how long they take. Although in comparison to the USA and Canada, we seem to be in a better place not that its any compensation.

I noticed that you haven't spoken to you're husband for 3 months plus, its him thats going to get the call to submit the passport, emails etc... They would respond to his emails more favourably..

All I'll say is keep staying positive and look at the letter as good news. They haven't received any information yet..
Rejected

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Rehana wrote:@ Syma

You learn to be patient. Itz been 6 years now since we've been married!

Insh'allah you'l hear positive news soon.

Has anyone on this forum during this process ever thought about relocating to Pakistan to be with their spouse because that sounds tempting considering the aggro involved with all this visa business! And itz traditional in Pakistani culture as it is for the woman to leave her maternal home and join her in-laws! :) What do u think??
Plenty have done so, but as with the norm these days, spouses tend to think that the UK is the place to be. Which could have been true more a few years back but the differences tend to be less now.

Many enjoy a good quality of life in Pakistan. Its a harsher climate and arguably a more stressful way of life in the UK.

It crossed our minds a time or two, but ultimately looking forward the educational system of the UK and general security in the UK is what we looked at.

Plus, seems like you're 80% through the visa aggro, stick it out and it should be worth it in the end.
Rejected

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:19 pm

syma wrote:Wow some patience u have, m already findin it hard to function n few months seem like ages.
Hopefully inshAllah its all sorted for u soon:)
When the stamped passport comes back, everything you've gone through will be worth it :)
Rejected

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:23 pm

@ hashim

Ah..ever the optimist! Ur rite, i shud totally look on the positive side, no news is good news rite? They still have the opportunity to reconsider.

As for not talking to my husband, due to our work schedule, itz bin impossible for the last few months. Hez doing crazy hours at the hospital and due to the time difference itz near enuf impossible to talk. However like me, he has constantly emailed the visa section however apart from the bog standard reply, nothing positive from their standard. I also have access to his email :) so check thiss on a daily basis if his shifts dont allow him to do so. Thanx for ur response. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:28 pm

@ hashim

Ah..ever the optimist! Ur rite, i shud totally look on the positive side, no news is good news rite? They still have the opportunity to reconsider.

As for not talking to my husband, due to our work schedule, itz bin impossible for the last few months. Hez doing crazy hours at the hospital and due to the time difference itz near enuf impossible to talk. However like me, he has constantly emailed the visa section however apart from the bog standard reply, nothing positive from their standard. I also have access to his email :) so check thiss on a daily basis if his shifts dont allow him to do so. Thanx for ur response. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Rehana wrote:@ hashim

Of course ! - What else do we have ? The visa will come eventually, if you've waited this long. They are probably still considering, even if they have crossed the deadline.

Its better being busy in work I guess, than sitting around worrying keeps thinking to a minimum level. The replies are standard but I guess more than anything its the intent that could make the difference.

Inshallah, you'll hear some good news soon. Chin up !
Rejected

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:42 pm

:)

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Rehana wrote:@ Syma

You learn to be patient. Itz been 6 years now since we've been married!

Insh'allah you'l hear positive news soon.

Has anyone on this forum during this process ever thought about relocating to Pakistan to be with their spouse because that sounds tempting considering the aggro involved with all this visa business! And itz traditional in Pakistani culture as it is for the woman to leave her maternal home and join her in-laws! :) What do u think??
I was seriously considering that but because of my disability I don't think it will work out for me even though I will try my best to adapt to the way they live

enigma321

Post by enigma321 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Very quickly it has crossed my mind but it wouldn't be feasible really. Yes day to day expenses are much more here but better standard of living here. I really love spending time in Pakistan but with the political and general situation there, I wouldn't want to raise kids there! No electricity for hours at a time each day isn't fun!

Why are these days dragging! There is 10 days left till my wife gets here and time seems to be getting slower and slower!
SUBMITTED: 14/12/2011 @ ISB
UNDER PROCESS: 30/12/2011
READY FOR COLLECTION: 01/02/2012
VISA GRANTED

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:24 pm

enigma321 wrote:
Very quickly it has crossed my mind but it wouldn't be feasible really. Yes day to day expenses are much more here but better standard of living here. I really love spending time in Pakistan but with the political and general situation there, I wouldn't want to raise kids there! No electricity for hours at a time each day isn't fun!

Why are these days dragging! There is 10 days left till my wife gets here and time seems to be getting slower and slower!
Same here , 10 days left for me too, each day seems an age..
Rejected

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 pm

enigma321 wrote:

Pakistan is great for a holiday but settling there im unsure. Too much corruption and less security like many have mentioned.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

henna786

how quick response

Post by henna786 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:48 pm

hi everyone,
am new to this group , this forum is really good help everyone too
i wondered if anyone knows how long it takes if u submit the visa in mirpur
because i have submitted my visa on 11th Jan 2012 so i thought i should hear by now but i haven't , just thought if anyone has submitted their visa in Jan and hw quick response they got.?
inshallah praying for everyone on here get their visa i know how it feels more stress lol
allah hafiz :)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Salamz sponsor letr template

Post by XnailaX » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:49 pm

Enigma nd hashim. U shuda gt emergency tickets den,seein as u both cnt stand bein away frm ur wifes any longer. Lol. Bles u both. Gud luk for da future. May Allah bles u wiv loads of hapines nd many many babies ameen lol..

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:22 am

Salam everyone,

Just a quick reminder, could you all please update your signature (timelines) with the lastest information. For all of you that are new to the forum please could you insert your application submission dates etc, just like the rest of us on here have done so. If you need help just PM one of us with a signature already on here and we will show you how to add your timeline. It just helps others have an idea of your application status and easier when giving you advise and sign-posting.

Thank you all.

Best of luck to all those waiting :)
Allah is the greatest!

enigma321

Re: Salamz sponsor letr template

Post by enigma321 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:10 am

XnailaX wrote:Enigma nd hashim. U shuda gt emergency tickets den,seein as u both cnt stand bein away frm ur wifes any longer. Lol. Bles u both. Gud luk for da future. May Allah bles u wiv loads of hapines nd many many babies ameen lol..
I could have got a ticket 3 days after she got her Visa and it was actually cheaper than what I have paid for at the moment. However, I wanted to leave her some time to spend with her family.
VISA GRANTED

Hashim89

Re: Salamz sponsor letr template

Post by Hashim89 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:22 am

XnailaX wrote:Enigma nd hashim. U shuda gt emergency tickets den,seein as u both cnt stand bein away frm ur wifes any longer. Lol. Bles u both. Gud luk for da future. May Allah bles u wiv loads of hapines nd many many babies ameen lol..
Ach yes I could have got an earlier ticket, the thing is if I've waited this long then whats another 10 days or so... :roll:
Rejected

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:16 am

ORYT ORYT KEEP UR WIGS ON LOL...

aww u guys r soo sweet man...lol...

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:47 am

@Henna 786
Hi i applied on the 5th of january thiers still ppl on this forum who have applied in the second week of december n they still havent recieved a reply back. I was hoping they wud get a reply by the end of this week, most ppl who applied wid them have got thier visas. It seems like the eco fall asleep for a full week wen they get a day off work. In christmas wen they had a week off they were asleep for a whole month until the end of january lol. Ppl who applied in the beggining of december started getting thier responses back at the end of january.
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

earthlling
Newly Registered

Post by earthlling » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:53 am

Hi, everyone. Just thought I'd let you guys know that my wife picked her documents today and visa has been granted. :D
Good luck to those who are still waiting for a reply and to the future applicants.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:56 am

hey congratulations earthlling...

Keyser_Soze
Newly Registered

Post by Keyser_Soze » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:57 am

aaaaaa123 wrote:@Henna 786
Hi i applied on the 5th of january thiers still ppl on this forum who have applied in the second week of december n they still havent recieved a reply back. I was hoping they wud get a reply by the end of this week, most ppl who applied wid them have got thier visas. It seems like the eco fall asleep for a full week wen they get a day off work. In christmas wen they had a week off they were asleep for a whole month until the end of january lol. Ppl who applied in the beggining of december started getting thier responses back at the end of january.
Tell me about it.....I dont think anyone is waiting who applied before me now in December. Still waiting.........loosing the will to live more like.

Wifes friend applied on same day in Mirpur (not on this forum). She is still waiting too. So im not all on my own and there are a few people who applied just a few days after still awaiting news.

Will stick it out. When I look at all the appealant's I think how most they feel after waiting ages.....Insha Allah all will be re-united.

Keyser_Soze
Newly Registered

Post by Keyser_Soze » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:01 pm

earthlling wrote:Hi, everyone. Just thought I'd let you guys know that my wife picked her documents today and visa has been granted. :D
Good luck to those who are still waiting for a reply and to the future applicants.
Well done mate. Nice to see things are ticking and the folks at the BHC have not gone to sleep. When did your wife get a msg on her phone or the online status change ?

Keyser_Soze
Newly Registered

Post by Keyser_Soze » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Anyone know whats the latest time applicants can expect to recieve a msg for document collection?

Does the msg come from the BHC or Gerrys ?
I know Gerrys doc collection is 2:00-5:00 and the BHC operate between 8:00-4:15 (08:00-13:00 on Fri).

enigma321

Post by enigma321 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Keyser_Soze wrote:Anyone know whats the latest time applicants can expect to recieve a msg for document collection?

Does the msg come from the BHC or Gerrys ?
I know Gerrys doc collection is 2:00-5:00 and the BHC operate between 8:00-4:15 (08:00-13:00 on Fri).
Don't trust the times on Gerry's website.

When you get the text message then look at the times listed in there. Ours had shorter collection hours.
VISA GRANTED