ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by Darasimidd » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:19 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:02 pm
Chris90 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:25 pm
Ok, so by my research and what I have gathered. Most of our application is on review, Which means they have made a decision and is currently overlooking them again by a senior caseworker/manager. As soon as it is signed off we will get calls, letters and emails. It is very important to continue to ring up and complain , DO NOT STOP ARGUING YOUR CASE.

They may make you feel like you are not being heard but trust me they are listening. Keep on making noise for your residence right until you get your confirmation.

Involved 3rd parties if you can.they no longer quick to put us to a manager when we call as they want us to be comfortable . They will say everything looks fine .. DO NOT ACCEPT THIS , we are well in our right get a decision or valid explanation as to why they are delaying .

Anyway I suspect soon more of us will share news of our decision. We have been persistent. Stay strong ...
Remember if they could have denied our rights, we would not have been mailed an application form. They are upset I think that alot of us just escaped high fees and qualified for settlement So they have to agrue amongst themselves first.

Best wishes

@Chris90,You are right. I have been trying to figure out what to do regarding all paper thing with HO. I just feel like I have had enough.

Please I need an advice.
My LTR was due for 3rd renewal on the 14th of Jan 20. I am on 10years parent route. I applied for fee waiver on the 9th of December 2019 and it was granted on the 12 of December 2019.
Because I have already made an application for EU settlement I didn’t applied for the LTR. I didn’t think it would favour me in anyway as I have already paid about £3890 to study access course in college the previous year, and was offer a place at Uni butI couldn’t go because I didn’t have indefinite leave.
So,I spoke to a lawyer in January and she basically told me to apply for LTR because the HO will not grant me a settlement visa, and it takes ages to get a response from HO. She also advised me to remain on the 10yrs route.
So I reapply for the fee waiver a day before the LTR expires. I got an email from them on Tuesday to send my bank statements which they have already seen before and I have nothing there. Though they gave me a deadline of 5 March to send my bank statement but I don’t want a situation whereby I have to reapply for the EU settlement. What do you think? Thanks
If you have online banking, go into your online banking account inbox to print your statements. That was what I did and my fee waiver was granted

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:35 pm

@Darasimidd, that is exactly what I did yesterday and she emailed me back’’unfortunately I will not accept it’’ I will send it to her as soon as I get them. Thanks

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:42 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:57 pm
Ngoo, why not walk into your bank and request your 3months bank statements , they print them off, sign and give you immediately. Worst case scenario the bank will charge you 5pounds (my bank always says that but still print them free of charge). Don’t you feel it will be faster and straight forward.
@ Lulubaby, they want 6months bank statement and the bank can only print up to 3months.

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Post by Darasimidd » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:59 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:35 pm
@Darasimidd, that is exactly what I did yesterday and she emailed me back’’unfortunately I will not accept it’’ I will send it to her as soon as I get them. Thanks
Please try as much as possible to renew your leave to remain.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:04 am

Chris90 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:28 pm
Hey ngoo,

Your bank statements and all your documents remain your property while with home office. I would first ring the resolution center and explain why I need them to transfer my bank statement to their other departments {probably the same set of case workers who decide on the 5/10 year route cases} but if they claim this can not be done I would demand a manager , make the same request to the manager then ask for decision on my settlement scheme application or transfer my statement they currently hold. Explain your educational situation and you intention to renew your 10 yr route application and the delay has you in limbo.

Ask them to photo copy what they need (they already do this with passports) and send them to the relevant department.

You probably wanna ring ukvi also and explain the same to get some more time to submit your 10 yr route extension. It may not work but what this will do is keep the pressure on them to do something. The longer we wait the more they run out of excuses.

When did you submit your settlement scheme application, they probaly would have decided on the 10 yr route already if you did that instead of settlement scheme.
Keep strong.

Best wishes
@Chris90, I have a strong feeling that they will grant the my fee waiver request. The lady that emailed me said that my application is within time. However, I have a week to hand in my statement. With previous experience I should get it soon. My initial EU settlement application was made online on the 21st of November 2019, 2 months after the application the EU team sent the paper application which I submitted on the 23rd of January 20. To be honest I haven’t done much regarding the EU application because my child will mark 5yrs as a British Citizen on the 26th of April 20. A month ago I spoke to a member of the EU team and the person told me to wait till my child marks 5yrs as a British. Because at the moment I don’t think I qualify for settlement. Best of luck

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:05 am

Darasimidd wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:59 pm
Ngoo wrote:

Ok thanks.

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Post by Darasimidd » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:17 am

Ngoo wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:05 am
Darasimidd wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:59 pm
Ngoo wrote:

Ok thanks.
I applied for eu settlement june 2019 but my late expired January 2020. When I went to do my biometric I was told my eu settlement application is still active. Try not to request for your bank statement from eu settlement because it might cancel your application and you will have to start all over again. I might be wrong though

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:45 am

When someone requested HO under freedom of information act about how many zambrano application received under euss. How many refused and granted HO refused to give such info plz see link

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ambrano_pa

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:18 am

Ngoo, because of the timing, walk into your bank, get the printed and signed last 3 months statements till date, from your bank, print out the remaining 3 months from your online bank account, ask the bank to stamp all the pages of the online printed statements (if you want, let the bank staff know it is for home office, they will stamp them). Then attach a handwritten letter to that case worker explaining that you have ordered another set of 6months bank statements and that you will forward them to him/her as soon as they arrive. Also let the caseworker know you already have 6 months statements with the EU re centre. You should be fine because years ago, when I was renewing my students visa, I had a similar issue with bank statements and deadline. I did exactly that and the caseworker emailed me where to fax it to him asap. You can also call the EU resolution centre and also tell them what is at stake and ask them to forward those statements to the HO caseworker. I hope those statements won’t get lost in transit within the HO departments. I also hope that will not give EU settlement side of the HO a reason to unnecessarily delay your application process pending when they get the statements back. Good luck.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:38 am

Ngoo, I remember reading on this Zambrano EU settlement scheme paper application topic where due to one reason or another someone asked for a particular document from the EU resolution centre (I think it was the child’s birth certificate, I can’t remember) and within 3days all of that person’s documents were sent back to him /her.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:58 am

Hello everyone!
You all have been amazing. I have gathered some interesting info. I will act on it expeditiously.
Many thanks.

Ugofify

Post by Ugofify » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:28 am

njazzy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:56 pm
Ugofify wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:29 pm
Timeline
DRC 2013-2018
LTR 2018-2020
Paper application submitted 13/6/19
Biometric 5/7/19
COA 12/7/19
Settled status email 25/2/20
Congrats. The battle has ended.
Thanks indeed next stop citizenships.wishing you good news soon.

Ugofify

Post by Ugofify » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:29 am

Abuken1 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:51 pm
Ugofify wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:18 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:27 am
Ugofify wrote:
Timeline
DRC 2013-2018
LTR 2018-2020
Biometric 5/7/19
COA 12/7/19
Hi
Congratulations. Did u have vaild 2.5 year leave to remain?
Thanks
Thanks yes valid till October
Congrats Ugofify. Did you fill the paper application yourself.
Thanks yes I filled it in myself

Ugofify

Post by Ugofify » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:35 am

Ngoo wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Ugofify wrote:
Timeline
DRC 2013-2018
LTR 2018-2020
Biometric 5/7/19
COA 12/7/19
@ Ugofify,Congratulations!!!
Thanks please renew your leave to remain and still chase eu settlement application cos I would do same.Just so you know I asked for all my documents in November before my application was decided in February because I had plans to apply for long residence indefinite leave to remain but I made sure they took a copy before sending it to me so I was assured by the manager that d case worker won’t be demanding for them again.So you can ask them to send you any documents just make sure it won’t delay your application.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:09 pm

@Members with 2.5 Leave to Remain

This is copied from Zambrano Revised Guidance 13 February 2020 pages 13-14.

Am posting this because I really understand the anxiety and pressure and the Home Office Russian Reullet game which you guys find yourself

Most have waited for months and would want to sound a word of caution. If since your settlement scheme application, you have run out your leave or have less then 28 days left, please be assured your application would be considered and if refused the courts would allow your appeal as now there is a right of appeal to the scheme.

Remember also that the EEA Zambrano goes co-currently with settled status. Apart from this the settlement scheme has not made provisions for people to do application under British Domestic Immigration and settlement scheme. They overlap.

We should be careful. Once you stuck your neck into EU Settlement please fight it and top it up with EEA Zambrano

Let us talk about it. Tnx

Exempt person

As set out in regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations, a person who is an ‘exempt
person cannot have a Zambrano right to reside. An exempt person is defined in regulation 16(7)(c) as a person who:

• has a right to reside in the UK under another provision of the EEA Regulations, for example, as a person who is already exercising free movement rights as an EEA citizen or who is the family member of such a person: see Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (where the applicant has a right to reside in the UK under another provision of the EEA Regulations, they will be an exempt person so cannot be considered a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’, but you must then go on to consider whether they are eligible on other groundfor leave under Part 1 of Appendix EU)

• has the right of abode in the UK under section 2 of the Immigration Act 1971 (the 1971 Act), for example, the person is a British citizen: see Right of abode

• is a person to whom section 8 of the 1971 Act, or an order made under section 8(2), applies: see persons exempt from control

. has indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK, unless this was granted under Part 1 of Appendix EU. You can ascertain this by checking Home Office records. If they do, they may be eligible for indefinite leave to enter or remain under the scheme under condition 2 of rule EU11 of Appendix EU

You must first establish whether the applicant has leave to enter or remain under the
Immigration Rules (unless this was granted under Part 1 of Appendix EU).

An applicant cannot meet the definition of ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ if they have (or, as the case may be, had) leave to enter or remain granted under another part of the Immigration Rules.

If the applicant does (or did) have leave to enter or remain granted under another part of the Immigration Rules you must refuse the application with reference to part

(b) of the definition of ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ within Annex 1 to Appendix EU.

If, at the point of decision, that leave to enter or remain has less than 28 days until its expiration date, you must also consider whether the relevant British citizen will be compelled to leave the UK or EEA if leave to enter or remain under the EU
Settlement Scheme is not granted to their primary carer(s).

If the applicant does not have leave under another part of the Immigration Rules youmust then go on to consider whether the applicant is an exempt person in line with regulation 16(7)(c).

apollo_alpha
United Kingdom

Post by apollo_alpha » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:59 pm

Hello House,

I have asked this question before. But i only got speculative answers.

I have the 2.5years LTR on 10years route. And i am considering applying for EUSS Zambrano route. I really need to have my passport and BRP with me because of the nature of work i do.

So I will really appreciate it if someone with 2.5years LTR who have applied under the Zambrano route can tell me if the Home Office returns your passport and BRP before the application is fully processed or if they retain it until they make a decision.

Please I will really appreciate it if those in similar position as myself can tell me of their experiences and whilst also respecting the views that others might have.

Thanks in advance

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:18 pm

@Snooky, Russian roulette is an understatement. The HO can make one go mad for no reason.... I don’t understand the way they run things. I have gone through this several times and I can’t get my head around it.I have an active EU settlement Application , and I have also submitted the EEA Zambrano appeal. If the LTR and the EU settlement application do overlap, then it gets more tricky. If I do apply for the LTR , they might take about 6months to respond. Which means I have to apply for a fresh EU settlement around June this year and then they keep the application for about 6 to 8months this should be around December 2020 / February 2021. Which makes it more dangerous as you can’t predict what we happen between now and December. Thanks Snooky, I am grateful to have you here. Stay blessed.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:28 pm

apollo_alpha wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:59 pm
Hello House,

I have the 2.5years LTR on 10years route. And i am considering applying for EU Settlement Scheme Zambrano route. I really need to have my passport and BRP with me because of the nature of work i do.

So I will really appreciate it if someone with 2.5years LTR who have applied under the Zambrano route can tell me if the Home Office returns your passport and BRP before the application is fully processed or if they retain it until they make a decision.

Please I will really appreciate it if those in similar position as myself can tell me of their experiences and whilst also respecting the views that others might have.

Thanks in advance
apollo_alpha

Yes your passport and BRP WOULD BE RETURNED IN TIME. Most about 2-4 weeks.

But your evident documentations would be kept till a decision is made

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:29 pm

Ugofify wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:35 am
Ngoo wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Ugofify wrote:
Timeline
DRC 2013-2018
LTR 2018-2020
Biometric 5/7/19
COA 12/7/19
@ Ugofify,Congratulations!!!
Thanks please renew your leave to remain and still chase eu settlement application cos I would do same.Just so you know I asked for all my documents in November before my application was decided in February because I had plans to apply for long residence indefinite leave to remain but I made sure they took a copy before sending it to me so I was assured by the manager that d case worker won’t be demanding for them again.So you can ask them to send you any documents just make sure it won’t delay your application.
@Ugofify, I have few days to think about it. Thank you.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:32 pm

snooky wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:09 pm
@Members with 2.5 Leave to Remain

This is copied from Zambrano Revised Guidance 13 February 2020 pages 13-14.

Am posting this because I really understand the anxiety and pressure and the Home Office Russian Reullet game which you guys find yourself

Most have waited for months and would want to sound a word of caution. If since your settlement scheme application, you have run out your leave or have less then 28 days left, please be assured your application would be considered and if refused the courts would allow your appeal as now there is a right of appeal to the scheme.

Remember also that the EEA Zambrano goes co-currently with settled status. Apart from this the settlement scheme has not made provisions for people to do application under British Domestic Immigration and settlement scheme. They overlap.

We should be careful. Once you stuck your neck into EU Settlement please fight it and top it up with EEA Zambrano

Let us talk about it. Tnx

Exempt person

As set out in regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations, a person who is an ‘exempt
person cannot have a Zambrano right to reside. An exempt person is defined in regulation 16(7)(c) as a person who:

• has a right to reside in the UK under another provision of the EEA Regulations, for example, as a person who is already exercising free movement rights as an EEA citizen or who is the family member of such a person: see Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (where the applicant has a right to reside in the UK under another provision of the EEA Regulations, they will be an exempt person so cannot be considered a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’, but you must then go on to consider whether they are eligible on other groundfor leave under Part 1 of Appendix EU)

• has the right of abode in the UK under section 2 of the Immigration Act 1971 (the 1971 Act), for example, the person is a British citizen: see Right of abode

• is a person to whom section 8 of the 1971 Act, or an order made under section 8(2), applies: see persons exempt from control

. has indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK, unless this was granted under Part 1 of Appendix EU. You can ascertain this by checking Home Office records. If they do, they may be eligible for indefinite leave to enter or remain under the scheme under condition 2 of rule EU11 of Appendix EU

You must first establish whether the applicant has leave to enter or remain under the
Immigration Rules (unless this was granted under Part 1 of Appendix EU).

An applicant cannot meet the definition of ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ if they have (or, as the case may be, had) leave to enter or remain granted under another part of the Immigration Rules.

If the applicant does (or did) have leave to enter or remain granted under another part of the Immigration Rules you must refuse the application with reference to part

(b) of the definition of ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ within Annex 1 to Appendix EU.

If, at the point of decision, that leave to enter or remain has less than 28 days until its expiration date, you must also consider whether the relevant British citizen will be compelled to leave the UK or EEA if leave to enter or remain under the EU
Settlement Scheme is not granted to their primary carer(s).

If the applicant does not have leave under another part of the Immigration Rules youmust then go on to consider whether the applicant is an exempt person in line with regulation 16(7)(c).
@Snooky, please we need to talk about it. Thanks

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:20 pm

apollo_alpha wrote:
Hello House,

I have the 2.5years LTR on 10years route. And i am considering applying for EU Settlement Scheme Zambrano route. I really need to have my passport and BRP with me because of the nature of work i do.

Thanks in advance
Hi, I have 2.5 leave to remain 10year route. Home Office returned my passport + brp card + child’s british passport to me when they sent my biometric letter.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:59 pm

@Ngoo

The Home Office word OVERLAPS is very ambiguous in its Representation in EEA Zambrano and Settlement Scheme application.

The Regulation 16 never made mentioned that someone should have made a domestic immigration application before you can be entitle for Zambrano right to reside.

When we go through Derivative Right To Reside 2016 section 7 and 7(a) which I have discussed before, those with 2.5 LTR do not fall under Persons Exempt.

Under British Domestic Immigration also people with 2.5 LTR are termed "persons under immigration control"

The term 'person subject to immigration control' (PSIC) is defined in s. 13(2) of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 as a person who requires leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom (whether or not such leave has been given)

Home Office in its redefine of 16 December 2019 Supreme Court Judgment of Patel vs SSHD has said that those who have had Leave To Remain and applied to the scheme can only proceed through if only the british child would be compelled to leave the member State should the settlement or EEA Zambrano application refused.

That is why the provision of 28 days or less was inserted into the guidance.

So what Home Office is trying to argue is if anyone applying have leave above 28 days at the time of caseworkers making decision should be refused because that would not let the british child be in compulsion situation.

These guidances dont make any meaningful legal sense as Home Office once again has open it to the courts to decide.

My experience at the Immigration Court for my appeal was that, the Judge said

ANY RULE WHICH DOES NOT CONFORM WITH THE ORIGINAL ZAMBRANO RULING AND CASE LAWS AND REGISTRATION 16 can never be used by the Home Office as if permitted would loosen the Article 20 of TFEU.

Meaning those with expired 2.5 or about to expire Leave to Remain shouldnt renew it has been renewed would give Home Office the illegal power to refuse whether EEA Zambrano or settlement scheme Zambrano.

But those who once had derivatives and went to other domestic immigration route are not affected by Home Office heavy handed policy as the settlement scheme only went people who have or had only spent 5years continuously.

That is how I think Home Office is playing the chess board.

But Thank God there is appeal right and the abuse will not be accepted by the law Court

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:31 pm

Today the resolution center has changed their attitude and dialogue. I am expecting soon / if I get good news I will break to you guys.
Spoken to my and according to them they will raise my case with home office directly and get back to me, my mp claim to have some home office surgery happening soon. I will see I guess.

Like I been saying I strongly believe most folks here cases is on review. Very soon we can close this matter 4 good. Stay positive and PERSISTENT.

best wishes

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:45 pm

The Charity lawyer who took on my case with home office, when as a sole carer of a British child, out of desperation, I went to seek asylum ( thinking asylum seeking was a walk in the park) , reminded home Office that 1) A Zambrano carer is a Zambrano carer with or without a derivative card. 2) That my Zambrano carer’s derivative right started immediately I gave birth to that British child. My experience has shown me that Home Office has a bag full of tricks, they bring out for each situation when needed. I had no derivative card prior to receiving my 2.5yrs leave to remain. I also received that ltr 9 days before my child turned 5. It is my first 2.5 and will expire in July. Deep down I believe with the EU settlement scheme we Zambrano carers are on the right track. It is just Home Office mind games that has turned me into a SCARY CAT.

Knikks
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Knikks » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:46 pm

apollo_alpha wrote:
Hello House,

Thanks in advance
Hi, they will return your document within 4/6weeks after they must have made a copy, every other documents you will be sending apart from your passport and BRP must be a copy because it’s most likely you won’t be getting that back at all... I didn’t realise they wanted the copies and I sent the original, I never got them back, even my kids BC..be rest assured they will send your documents back with the biometric enrolment letter. Well I don’t know if they will send them back after making a decision as I haven’t gotten any yet...Almost 10months of waiting