ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b41
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by b41 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:36 am

Congrats guys!
Good luck to those who are still waiting.

I've now escalated my case and I'll update when they respond.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:44 am

@AB112, I applied with a tenancy agreement on a double room in a shared accommodation, but we didn't have any one residing in the living room and also my accommodation is not in London, so its not a straightforward comparison. As far as my housing inspection report, it mentioned I rent a spacious double bedroom with en-suite and I have un-restricted access to Spam, living room and garden. The surveyor didn't mention the size of our room however he did mention the gender and age of other residents in the property. As I didn't have any utility bills (rent inclusive of all) he mentioned that he has seen our tenancy agreement and letter from council (voting register letter) and that he has no hesitation to confirm that I lawfully reside there, and then listed out a clause from housing act.

I would be very concern if I was you, having a double room flat as a shared accommodation is way risky.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:50 am

@AB112 - I overlooked that someone is living in your living-room. If the flat is a one bedroom property - than I am afraid it does become overcrowded. If its a 2 bedroom property- you should be ok.

Nm.123

Post by Nm.123 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:52 am

t0mmy wrote:By the grace of Allah - visa issued.
Applied 7th July 2014- Islamabad.

Good luck to those waiting.
I have noticed post July applicants are getting processed more quicker.

Was bit worried reg the accommodation requirements. My advice: The property inspection report is a must. It should state clearly that there is enough space and won't become over-crowded.
MASHALLAH CONGRATULATIONS! Hope you have a blessed life ahead of you with your spouse. Did you recieve a processed email, if so when did you recieve the email?

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:10 am

th3, I am waiting to hear from you the good news.

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:34 am

assalam o alikum

got an interview call from british embassy on 8th of december make dua for my interview

b41
United Kingdom

Post by b41 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:48 am

nabeelsultan2000 wrote:assalam o alikum

got an interview call from british embassy on 8th of december make dua for my interview
Inshallah all goes well for you

Miss2014
Newly Registered

Post by Miss2014 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:53 am

Good luck everyone. :)

Nm.123

Post by Nm.123 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:59 am

nabeelsultan2000 wrote:assalam o alikum

Hi
What English language Certificate did you submit with your application becuase thats one of the reasons they do an interview

ab112

Post by ab112 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:52 pm

t0mmy wrote:
ab112 wrote:I need advice on accommodation requirement asap please.

I am looking to rent a double room in a shared accommodation soon. The landlord is happy for a couple (me and my partner to live there). Someone else is living there in the living room so there is no living room at the flat. I will rent the double room which is decent size. This will definitely be a HMO (houses with multiple occupants).
Does anyone know if this meets the accommodation requirement of UKVI? Their website is not clear about HMO.

I will get a housing inspection report. I've spoken to a few solicitors and they say the only thing that will be taken into account is the size of the room and how many ppl will live in the room only so I should be fine. BUT I spoke to the council and they said that flat will be over-crowded (although the officer did admit he didnt have much experience with housing inspections for immigration purposes). I get the feeling that it is up to council at the end of the day to decide. I spoke with a chartered surveryors firm as well and they say it is OK and wont be over-crowded. I'm hearing different things.

Does anyone have experience of submitting tenancy agreement for a double room only in a shared accommodation that is a HMO as part of their visa requirements? Any advice on that?

Any advice will be much appreciated. I will need it asap please.

A one-bed flat is very expensive to rent in London so if possible I dont want to rent a one-bed flat only to live there for 6 months on my own while visa is processed!
See my previous post.
I was in a similar situation as yours. The property inspection report is a must. It should state about not getting overcrowded. Mine was a 3 bedroom house though. Living 4 ppl incl the new applicant. The rent contract was on my name.
For 2 bedroom property - 3 ppl is max so you should be ok. Make sure the flat rent contract is in your name. What your council stated makes 90 % of similar properties in UK as overcrowded !

They may or may not enquire your council. This is a risk you have to take I guess.
Thanks for the reply. Single room is still empty. I am thinking of going with another property but nonetheless a HMO ie a double room only. Are you saying that if I had access to shared living room it would be OK? What about other people living in the property? Do they check them as well?
What was mentioned in your inspection report?

I wonder why so many solicitors and surveyors say it is OK? I contacted a couple more and they said they only take into account the size of the room only! Do you think UKVA will contact the council?

ab112

Post by ab112 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:55 pm

tallojani wrote:@AB112, I applied with a tenancy agreement on a double room in a shared accommodation, but we didn't have any one residing in the living room and also my accommodation is not in London, so its not a straightforward comparison. As far as my housing inspection report, it mentioned I rent a spacious double bedroom with en-suite and I have un-restricted access to Spam, living room and garden. The surveyor didn't mention the size of our room however he did mention the gender and age of other residents in the property. As I didn't have any utility bills (rent inclusive of all) he mentioned that he has seen our tenancy agreement and letter from council (voting register letter) and that he has no hesitation to confirm that I lawfully reside there, and then listed out a clause from housing act.

I would be very concern if I was you, having a double room flat as a shared accommodation is way risky.
Tenancy will always be in my name. Which surveyor did you use? I contacted a couple in the south east and they say this room should be OK! Do you think you need access to living room as well? Many HMO's dont have a seperate living room for sharing.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:31 pm

ab112 wrote:
tallojani wrote:@AB112, I applied with a tenancy agreement on a double room in a shared accommodation, but we didn't have any one residing in the living room and also my accommodation is not in London, so its not a straightforward comparison. As far as my housing inspection report, it mentioned I rent a spacious double bedroom with en-suite and I have un-restricted access to Spam, living room and garden. The surveyor didn't mention the size of our room however he did mention the gender and age of other residents in the property. As I didn't have any utility bills (rent inclusive of all) he mentioned that he has seen our tenancy agreement and letter from council (voting register letter) and that he has no hesitation to confirm that I lawfully reside there, and then listed out a clause from housing act.

Tenancy will always be in my name. Which surveyor did you use? I contacted a couple in the south east and they say this room should be OK! Do you think you need access to living room as well? Many HMO's dont have a seperate living room for sharing.
I don't understand what you mean when you say tenancy agreement will always be in your name. It has to be, how else are you going to prove you live there? Look at this way, if you just have a double room and no access to living room how would that be seen in ECO's eyes? to me it seems like living in a cage.

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:51 pm

I was just a bit curious to know If you get refused does the 6 month rule apply to everyone if they re-apply?
Some people re-apply straight away so I was just wondering does it depend on the individual circumstance?
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:54 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:I was just a bit curious to know If you get refused does the 6 month rule apply to everyone if they re-apply?
Some people re-apply straight away so I was just wondering does it depend on the individual circumstance?
One care re-apply right away as long as they have the required documents ready.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:I was just a bit curious to know If you get refused does the 6 month rule apply to everyone if they re-apply?
if you are referring to spouse visa then 6 month rule does not apply, you can re-apply the next day after the refusal.

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:06 pm

Thanks Networkers & Tallojani :)
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Salam alaikum everyone, i finally got a reply after my wifes application was escalated, it goes as follows:

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

With regards to your enquiry, we have received the response as following:

Please be informed that pre assessment and online verification has been
conducted, and your application is under process for further enquiries –
checks.

Question i have is what is pre assessment and online verification and how long do (further enquiries) take on average?
JazakAllah for any response!

Also a big CONGRATULATIONS to all the brothers and sisters who have recently got there visa's, may Allah swt bless you all with a blessed marriage and please make dua for us all. Insha Allah
Application and biometrics submitted - 27August 2014
Visa Refused - 17 December 2014
Online appeal submitted - 9th January 2015
Notice of a pending appeal - 27th January 2015
Bundle received back from BHC ISB (apparently) - 24th February 2015

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:22 pm

i re applied within 3 weeks its not a problem
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Ibbzy wrote:Salam alaikum everyone, i finally got a reply after my wifes application was escalated, it goes as follows:

Service.

checks.

Question i have is what is pre assessment and online verification and how long do (further enquiries) take on average?

Also a big CONGRATULATIONS to all the brothers and sisters who have recently got there visa's, may Allah swt bless you all with a blessed marriage and please make dua for us all. Insha Allah
i am not too sure about this and dont take my word for it but on the other forum someone mentioned it takes max 3 months after the pre assessment stage, no longer than this

taj14

Post by taj14 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:26 pm

hello
slaam
i m new here
i have been silent viewer of this forum for 6 months.
i submitted my document on 3rd of june 2014 at gerry's lahore . i received an email today
which is as follows:
Dear Customer,
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.
Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British High Commission Islamabad.
Unfortunately the processing of your application has been delayed while we undertake further assessment. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.
We will conclude your application as soon as possible and you will be contacted when your documents have been returned to the Visa Application Centre. You will then be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.
We apologise for the delay in concluding your application. Please avoid making travel arrangements until you have collected your passport.
We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process. If however you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your application, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
British High Commission Islamabad
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi
UK Visas and Immigration is an operational command of the Home Office
anyone else got such email
i m very confused . most ppl who have submitted there documents in :( june 2014 got email that visa has been processed. i m worried. how long it will take after this email.
i really need help.

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Ket1 wrote:
Ibbzy wrote:Salam alaikum everyone, i finally got a reply after my wifes application was escalated, it goes as follows:

Service.

checks.

i am not too sure about this and dont take my word for it but on the other forum someone mentioned it takes max 3 months after the pre assessment stage, no longer than this
salam ket1, my wifes applications already beenover 12 weeks, this is now the 15th week.Well Allah knows best.
Application and biometrics submitted - 27August 2014
Visa Refused - 17 December 2014
Online appeal submitted - 9th January 2015
Notice of a pending appeal - 27th January 2015
Bundle received back from BHC ISB (apparently) - 24th February 2015

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:31 pm

taj14 wrote:hello
slaam
i m new here
i submitted my document on 3rd of june 2014 at gerry's lahore . i received an email today
which is as follows:
Dear Customer,
Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British High Commission Islamabad.
Unfortunately the processing of your application has been delayed while we undertake further assessment. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.
We will conclude your application as soon as possible and you will be contacted when your documents have been returned to the Visa Application Centre. You will then be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.
We apologise for the delay in concluding your application. Please avoid making travel arrangements until you have collected your passport.
We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process. If however you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your application, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
i m very confused . most ppl who have submitted there documents in :( june 2014 got email that visa has been processed. i m worried. how long it will take after this email.
i really need help.
wsalaam welcome :)
i wouldn't worry too much about this email as when my sister applied in October 2013, in march 2014 they sent her something of this sort and then again sent it to her in may but within 2 weeks of receiving it her husbands visa was processed early June . i think its just to make you aware that its taking longer as it has gone over the 6 month service standards but inshallah it wont take much more time after this. We was not aware of them doing any further enquires and checks on my sisters employment etc so should b ok

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:33 pm

salam ket1, my wifes applications already beenover 12 weeks, this is now the 15th week.Well Allah knows best.[/quote]

wsalaam, i understand your pain, inshallah not long now stay strong she will be here soon inshallah . all we can do is prey !

taj14

Post by taj14 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:41 pm

Ket1 wrote:
slaam
i m new here
which is as follows:
Dear Customer,
Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
i really need help.
i wouldn't worry too much about this email as when my sister applied in October 2013, in march 2014 they sent her something of this sort and then again sent it to her in may but within 2 weeks of receiving it her husbands visa was processed early June . i think its just to make you aware that its taking longer as it has gone over the 6 month service standards but inshallah it wont take much more time after this. We was not aware of them doing any further enquires and checks on my sisters employment etc so should b ok
thank alot ket1
May ALLAH GRANT US VISA soon.
i was so worried about this email.
it was upon my nerves .
thank you so much .
this forum is very helping. :D

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:46 pm

taj14 wrote:
Ket1 wrote:
slaam
i m new here
which is as follows:
Dear Customer,
Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
i really need help.
thank alot ket1
May ALLAH GRANT US VISA soon.
i was so worried about this email.
it was upon my nerves .
thank you so much .
this forum is very helping. :D
inshallah ameen :)
aw no worries, definitely it is . if we tell each other our experiences we could prevent other alot of heartache and just offer support. keep us updated!