ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guys - Did anyone got Citizenship Approvals so far...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:23 pm

@ pakistan11

I always sent them letters by registered post

@ DKD, Congratulations.....

pakistan11

Post by pakistan11 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanx calvinklien ...@congra8s DKD

DKD
Newly Registered

Post by DKD » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:17 pm

mred1 wrote:What date was on the approval?

Congrats though....
DKD wrote:I received my approval today. It said to send my approval to the CGP-4 address.

I know from a prior job that pending where you live that you could wait an extra day or two to receive your letter. So, don't give up hope as they should be still dropping in mailboxes.
The approval was dated November 15th. So they may be sending them out in batches. I would stay positive. Worst case is ring them tomorrow if you haven't gotten it. Post does get lost, so it wouldn't hurt to check.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:10 am

Just an update guys:

I Just phoned the DOJ helpline and was inquiring about the next ceremony date and the lady said

" It's not confirmed by the Minister yet, but i would guess it could be late Jan / early Feb "

mred1

Post by mred1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:22 pm

So, I called them this morning, My file is still being processed, It has been sent to the minister, so the next time I hear from them, its the decision. She confirmed my present address, just to make sure all is correct. I guess I have to wait, compared to everyone here...My application is now 9 months & counting. The next ceremony is early next yr, so Hope I will be a part of that.

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Just an update guys:

I Just phoned the DOJ helpline and was inquiring about the next ceremony date and the lady said

" It's not confirmed by the Minister yet, but i would guess it could be late Jan / early Feb "
My stamp 4 might expire before the ceremony then. I no longer have the GNIB card. Any idea what I should do in this case?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:09 pm

@ Kinto:

You have already submitted your GNIB card and technically u r not required to get a new one...

What date ur GNIB card is going to expire ?

Let's say the ceremoney is end of Jan 2014, How many days gap would be where you will have no visa ?

You could also go to the GNIB and extend ur visa but do not obtain the GNIB card and do not pay for that. They will extend ur visa only and stamp ur passport if you really need that....

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:48 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:@ Kinto:

You have already submitted your GNIB card and technically u r not required to get a new one...

Let's say the ceremoney is end of Jan 2014, How many days gap would be where you will have no visa ?

You could also go to the GNIB and extend ur visa but do not obtain the GNIB card and do not pay for that. They will extend ur visa only and stamp ur passport if you really need that....
My stamp expires on February 5th. It looks like I'll have to visit GNIB if the ceremony doesn't happen before that. I was hoping to avoid it. :(

Thanks for your advice.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Kinto wrote:
CalvinKlien wrote:@ Kinto:

My stamp expires on February 5th. It looks like I'll have to visit GNIB if the ceremony doesn't happen before that. I was hoping to avoid it. :(

Thanks for your advice.
You dont need no GNIB card now just send the two photo, 950 euro DD and your GNIB ...you are Irish now
:D
Not waiting any more

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:You dont need no GNIB card now just send the two photo, 950 euro DD and your GNIB ...you are Irish now
I've already sent the GNIB card, photos and fee. Technically I need to get the certificate of naturalisation first before becoming Irish. I don't think I can enter the country with the approval letter alone. Can I?

I think technically if my stamp 4 expires before getting the certificate, I'll be overstaying my visa. I don't want to take risks now that I'm almost there.

I'll call INIS once we know the date of the next ceremony. In the meantime, if anyone has experiences, please share!

EDIT: I did some searching on the web. It seems that I should go to GNIB to get an extension stamp (just a stamp, no GNIB card) if my stamp expires before the ceremony. Documents needed: Approval / invitation letter, fee & post receipts.

Not as bad as having to go through the whole renewal process. :)

Good luck everyone!

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Kinto wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:You dont need no GNIB card now just send the two photo, 950 euro DD and your GNIB ...you are Irish now
I've already sent the GNIB card, photos and fee. Technically I need to get the certificate of naturalisation first before becoming Irish. I don't think I can enter the country with the approval letter alone. Can I?

I think technically if my stamp 4 expires before getting the certificate, I'll be overstaying my visa. I don't want to take risks now that I'm almost there.

I'll call INIS once we know the date of the next ceremony. In the meantime, if anyone has experiences, please share!

EDIT: I did some searching on the web. It seems that I should go to GNIB to get an extension stamp (just a stamp, no GNIB card) if my stamp expires before the ceremony. Documents needed: Approval / invitation letter, fee & post receipts.

Not as bad as having to go through the whole renewal process. :)

Good luck everyone!
unless you are planning on traveling outside the state within the next few weeks between now and the next ceremony , you don't need to get an extension man you have been approved and that it . you have submitted your GNIB Card to INIS and you will not have any Gaps .
why go through the hassle just sit tight and wait for your ceremony and no you are not going to mess up things if you don't extend you visa , as i said only if you are traveling abroad then it could be tricky , even if you need to travel i read in here of some people who came back through immigration at dublin airport with the approval letter and were told Congratulations in you go :D .. having said that i do not recommend it unless you phone the airport immigration officers and explain to them your situation .

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:43 pm

adelmurray wrote: unless you are planning on traveling outside the state within the next few weeks between now and the next ceremony , you don't need to get an extension man you have been approved and that it . you have submitted your GNIB Card to INIS and you will not have any Gaps .
why go through the hassle just sit tight and wait for your ceremony and no you are not going to mess up things if you don't extend you visa , as i said only if you are traveling abroad then it could be tricky , even if you need to travel i read in here of some people who came back through immigration at dublin airport with the approval letter and were told Congratulations in you go :D .. having said that i do not recommend it unless you phone the airport immigration officers and explain to them your situation .
Thanks for your input. :)

I might be overthinking it. Let's wait until we have a confirmed date. Perhaps I won't need to worry about this at all.

I don't think I'll need to travel before the ceremony. I'll surely phone INIS and the airport if needed.

exam

Post by exam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:21 am

Kindto

My apologies if it seems rude to you. I am quite busy but the last message from adelmurray is not appropriate at all. You are in the same situation as my elder brother was. Your story will not end-up at Citizenship Ceremony, did you tried to think of Passport application? The passport department can reject your Passport application if you don't have valid visa. You are thinking too much, go to Garda, produce the letter and off you go, whats the point in rubbing your (a**)/back around the forum and dragging the thread for such a minor thing.

adelmurray
Please pardon me, but do not recommend someone this way. Have you seen any real example i.e. did any one very close you been through the same situation? If not, better to advise for the safer side even if it is a hard choice.

Best Regards

Exam[/b]

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:50 am

@ exam

I closely know two people that their visas were expired a year ago and their applications were with EU Treaty Rights Review Unit. They still got their approvals and got naturalized and therfore got their Irish Passports.

exam

Post by exam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:28 am

Kinto

Go ahead with the advice of CalvinKlien and likes, I am sure they are opening and looking into the passport of other people to check whether they have Garda/Immigration Stamp or not.

As a matter of common sense, there is a lot of difference between a normal application and an application processed in the category of EU Treaty Rights Review Unit. Read in detail before commenting next time.

What I quoted in my last post, was from the statement of Garda officer stating that, whatever approval you have, by the time you did not get your passport, your stamp needs to be upto date. (This was in relation to my brother who was on Work permit).

Regards

Exam

Devine13
Newly Registered

Post by Devine13 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:25 pm

[quote]Exam: whats the point in rubbing your (a**)/back[/quote]

[quote]Exam: Read in detail before commenting next time.[/quote]

Hi exam. i think ur comments are little harsh to other members on this forum. u could be banned by using the bad language. plz review what u said here " whats the point in rubbing your (a**)/back"

Plz also use soft language to your fellow member's. example: "Read in detail before commenting next time."

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Members are reminded to respecteach other please.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:28 pm

exam wrote:Kinto

What I quoted in my last post, was from the statement of Garda officer stating that, whatever approval you have, by the time you did not get your passport, your stamp needs to be upto date. (This was in relation to my brother who was on Work permit).

Regards

Exam

dear Exam ,

rest assured that iam not offended by your post as i do understand that it is your view point . however i strongly disagree with your quote above .. i tell you why . because once you have your naturalisation certificate you do not need to approach immigration officers in any matter relating to your immigration status . also the passport office CAN NOT AND HAVE NO AUTHORITY to refuse to issue a passport once the applicant produces his/her Irish Naturalisation Certificate( it would be considered unconstitutional) . in other words what if someone decides to never leave the country ? is he/she not Irish ? you don't need to have a passport to prove your citizenship if you are not planning on leaving the country .
as for your brothers issue you did not tell us was he advised by this immigration officer at an irish Port/airport ? if so he was within his rights to do so , if it was only at an office or on the street then the officer was wrong as i said before you do not need to apply for the passport to prove you're Irish , your naturlisation certificate can challenge any body that says otherwise.

sandyego
Newly Registered

Post by sandyego » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:57 pm

@Kinto you can extend your stamp for free. your letter of approval is sufficient for any immigration Garda in your area to give you a month or two month extension on your passport. Your letter of approval is enough to prove your citizenship was approved. You can also check with your local immigration officer a month b4 your expiry date on what is best to do.

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks for the advice, sandyego, adelmurray, Devine13, CalvinKlien, waiting2beirish.

Let's move on. I don't want one person to ruin the thread for everyone.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:37 am

Folks, any news on new approvals or on Ceremony date ?

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:42 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Folks, any news on new approvals or on Ceremony date ?
Nothing yet. No new approvals or invitations. It does seem though that many people who applied up until June 2013 got approvals in the most recent batch.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 pm

This thread is really gone quiet....Looks like new approvals have stopped coming or people are not interested updating it....

sandyego
Newly Registered

Post by sandyego » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:45 pm

[quote="CalvinKlien"]This thread is really gone quiet....Looks like new approvals have stopped coming or people are not interested updating it....[/quot

Heard nuttin yet. I wont be calling them till thursday either. I don't think there are other approvals yet after the 15th november. I pray for a positive outcome and wish those still waiting the same

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:31 pm

Guys!!!

Below is the email, i got from the Minister's Office...

Dear xxx,

There will be no ceremony in the remainder of this year. We have no dates confirmed yet for 2014. As soon as next ceremony date is announced, it should be on our website.

Regards