ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loveforlove

Re: Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Post by loveforlove » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Beinghuman1986 wrote:Oh, sorry to hear that! On the upside, usually if they don't send the passports back, means they have made a decision, and a positive one hopefully, and you should be getting them back after Easter! I just hope it comes soon so you can visit back home buddy! Good luck, also keep checking the post office track and trace everyday. If you are lucky, it may even arrive this Saturday as its not a bank holiday!
Thanks for your support!
Also, one more weird moment happened last week when three immigration officers came to visit me. They scared me to death as they woke me up and I was nearly faint, as I got worried that something happened to my husband, cause he went to work only half an hour ago. Then, they explained that HO is currently dealing with my case, checked our bedroom, husband's bank statements and payslips. Basically they said that they don't see any reason for refusal as they had a copy of my application. Just before they left,one of them said that they gonna call HO, that they have seen me...and I should get my documents back within the next few days. But still nothing since then, that was like more than a week ago...

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Beinghuman1986 wrote:
smITbd wrote:Hello @Beinghuman1986 !
Many Congratulations!!! to you. Finally You have received and hopefully you will enjoy your new job in NHS.
I can see you applied on 30/09/2016 and and received by HO 03/10/16 my case bit further; As i have applied on 15th; it is clear form yours time line that I will have to wait another 2 weeks.

What can I do else.
Hey buddy, thank you.
GOOD NEWS!! I got the letter confirming PR an hour ago in the post with all my other documents.! and the Biometirc card will follow in the post in 10 working days it says! I am so relieved!

I would say, Just call them atleast twice a week, and wait a bit. I think HO are sticking to their timeline of 6.5 months for NON-EU PR applications. Mine took exactly 6 months and a half. And also if the passports haven't come in the first request, fill up another request and send it, it seems that speeds up the process too.

I wish good luck to everybody here!

What does the letter says in details mate

D Z HAMEED
Newly Registered

Post by D Z HAMEED » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:12 pm

loveforlove wrote:
Beinghuman1986 wrote:Oh, sorry to hear that! On the upside, usually if they don't send the passports back, means they have made a decision, and a positive one hopefully, and you should be getting them back after Easter! I just hope it comes soon so you can visit back home buddy! Good luck, also keep checking the post office track and trace everyday. If you are lucky, it may even arrive this Saturday as its not a bank holiday!
Thanks for your support!
Also, one more weird moment happened last week when three immigration officers came to visit me. They scared me to death as they woke me up and I was nearly faint, as I got worried that something happened to my husband, cause he went to work only half an hour ago. Then, they explained that HO is currently dealing with my case, checked our bedroom, husband's bank statements and payslips. Basically they said that they don't see any reason for refusal as they had a copy of my application. Just before they left,one of them said that they gonna call HO, that they have seen me...and I should get my documents back within the next few days. But still nothing since then, that was like more than a week ago...
Hi, did you apply for RC or PR?

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:23 pm

D Z HAMEED wrote:
loveforlove wrote:
Thanks for your support!
Hi, did you apply for RC or PR?
Hi,

I (non-eea) and my husband (eea) applied for Permanent Residence.

Beinghuman1986
Newly Registered

Post by Beinghuman1986 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:57 pm

I applied for PR as my RC expired after 5 years.
The letter just says that my Biometric card will come in 10 working days and that i have been granted permanent residence to stay and i do not need a visa to enter the UK or work here, provided that I am not absent from the UK for more than 2 years.
Immigration officers coming home is not unheard of, maybe they just wanted to double check something.
I am hoping to receive my card by the next week or so. Will keep you guys posted.

iz1
Nigeria

Post by iz1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:12 am

evening All,
my family and i are applying for pr for non Eea at the same time as my eea husband.
we did it through online application.
application sent 20/03/17
can anyone please help with how theirs went as i have already being asked to stop working by my employer.

iz1
Nigeria

Post by iz1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:20 am

Linalina22 wrote:Hi Tosin2017 and missflmack ,

Your employer cannot stop you from working. They are obliged to contact the home office through a new online service called "employee checking service " where your right to work will be confirmed by the home office stating a 6 months time period. And they state that if you do not get an answer from the application you can contact them again after the 6 months to issue you with another "right to work".

Below are my timelines:
My husband is EEA and I'm non EEA
Application sent 21st December
Application received 22nd December
Acknowledgment email 11th January
Biometric request 10th January
Biometric sent 16th January
PR Still waiting
Bio Acknowledgment .........................

Please ask any questions if needed.
i have the same problem with my employer.
although they used the checking service my right to work couldn't be confirmed because i didn't have a valid reference number to provide.

Pina123
United Kingdom

Post by Pina123 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:30 am

Hi all,

Just an update. Our lawyer has received a confirmation email from Home Office and we finally have a case I.D! Furthermore, the biometrics team also responded yesterday asserting that the biometrics letter has now been sent as the application is now on the system.

Here is a brief timeline for those in limbo trying to get back to work. .

Non eea application for PR

Sent: 8/3/17
Received: 9/3/17
Payment deducted: 11/3/17
Confirmation email: 13/4/17
Biometrics letter: waiting, but told should arrive within 5 working days of 12/4/17

I hope you all get some good news also this Easter as I know how stressful, disappointing and life consuming not being able to work is. Best wishes.

Akmalkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Akmalkhan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:31 am

Linalina22 wrote:Hi Tosin2017 and missflmack ,

Your employer cannot stop you from working. They are obliged to contact the home office through a new online service called "employee checking service " where your right to work will be confirmed by the home office stating a 6 months time period. And they state that if you do not get an answer from the application you can contact them again after the 6 months to issue you with another "right to work".

Below are my timelines:
My husband is EEA and I'm non EEA
Application sent 21st December
Application received 22nd December
Acknowledgment email 11th January
Biometric request 10th January
Biometric sent 16th January
PR Still waiting
Bio Acknowledgment .........................

Please ask any questions if needed.
Hi .

here is our time line

Application sent 5/012/2016
Coa received 15/01/2017
Email with id number for wife 21/12/2016
PR ........ still waiting

dragonfly75
Newly Registered

Post by dragonfly75 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi
I wanted to share my timeline for my husband Italian/South African and my children 11 and 13 also Italian/South African EEA PR applications

Online Application 5/03/17
Payment taken immediately
Documents taken to EU passport return service 8/3/17 Appointment made on the 6/3/17 neither child needed to attend as both under 16 Passports retained.
No further emails
PR received 12/4/17 for children and my husband all in 5 1/2 weeks! :D

Koko5050
Newly Registered

Post by Koko5050 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:54 pm

HI ALL, JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY APPLICATION TIMELINE. MARRIED FOR 6 YEARS WITH MY EEA PARTNER , WE HAVE TWO LOVELY KIDS TOGETHER.MY WIFE HAS ALREADY ACQUIRED HER PR LAST YEAR AND WAS INCLUDED IN MY APPLICATION AND MY 6 YEARS WORK HISTORY, PAYSLIPS P60s BANK STATEMENTS COUNCIL TAX BILLS ETC. APPLICATION SENT DATE:14/02/2017. APPLICATION RECEIVED DATE:15/02/2017. PAYMENT TAKEN : 17/02/2017. EMAIL CONFIRMATION: 10/03/2017. BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED DATE:13/03/2017. BIOMETRIC DONE SENT DATE: 14/03/2017. CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION RECEIVED :22/03/2017. PERMANENT RESIDENT ISSUE DATE: WAITING. PERMANENT RESIDENT RECEIVED DATE:WAITING. WILL GIVE UPDATES

Akmalkhan
Newly Registered

Post by Akmalkhan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Any one here who applied in begning of December 20016 ?

D Z HAMEED
Newly Registered

Post by D Z HAMEED » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Akmalkhan wrote:Any one here who applied in begning of December 20016 ?
Applied 15 November still waiting

Mandokinha2701

Post by Mandokinha2701 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:24 am

Application sent 17/11
Received 18/11
Biometrics done 30/11
CoA received 6/12
Passport requested 07/4
Passport received 13/04
PR: waiting

eeapr2017
Newly Registered

Post by eeapr2017 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:37 am

D Z HAMEED wrote:
Hi.

I just wanted to let you that I also applied for PR in Nov 2016 on the 14th as a non-EEA partner and still waiting I hope to get our applications sorted in the first or second week of May. Please do update here as soon as you heard anything. Wish you good luck. Regards
Please do update the decision!!!

D Z HAMEED
Newly Registered

Post by D Z HAMEED » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:02 am

eeapr2017 wrote:
D Z HAMEED wrote:
Hi.

I just wanted to let you that I also applied for PR in Nov 2016 on the 14th as a non-EEA partner and still waiting I hope to get our applications sorted in the first or second week of May. Please do update here as soon as you heard anything. Wish you good luck. Regards
Please do update the decision!!!
Yes sure will do, all the best

risque
Newly Registered

Post by risque » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:32 pm

I sent my application 5/12/16 and received the COA on 16/1/2017. Haven't heard anything yet.

Tosin2017

Post by Tosin2017 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:45 pm

iz1 wrote:evening All,
my family and i are applying for pr for non Eea at the same time as my eea husband.
can anyone please help with how theirs went as i have already being asked to stop working by my employer.
It will take around 6 weeks from the date of application submission before they sent you Biometric letter so you just have to wait and enjoy the compulsory holiday as you are told your employer has stop you working, there is nothing really you can do about it, i have been stop from working over 3 weeks now

Pina123
United Kingdom

Post by Pina123 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:05 pm

My partners been waiting since 11th March (payment taken) for the biometrics. . Still not here. It's an awful situation to be in, I can sympathise immensely. If you look up online, and some past comments on here from the 'gurus', it's actually not technically home offices 'decision' as to whom can work rather than a supportive document. . If caught working and you have already gained the right, despite not having a coa, immigration can't impose any civil penalties if I'm correct. Obviously the employers don't see this and I can completely understand their paranoia when faced with a £20000 warning letter. .

vilsonrjunior
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by vilsonrjunior » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 am

Dear all, here is my timeline:

Joint application (EEA and non-EEA)

Application submitted online: 10/04/2017
Email informing case IDs: 11/04/2017
Documents posted by Special Delivery: 12/04/2017
Documents received: 13/04/2017
Biometric letter: Waiting

Apparently all non-EEA applications are taking the full 6 months to be processed. Anyone here has requested their passports back?
I have sent two passports: my expired one containing the 5-year RC + valid passport and I would like to request both back after I submit the biometrics. Is that possible or they must keep my RC until the application is assessed?

Thank you and good luck!

Krumpans
Newly Registered

Post by Krumpans » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:03 am

Sorruy wrote:Applied online for EEA PR

Application Sent: 15/03/2017
Application Received: 15/03/2017
Payment taken: 15/03/2017
Confirmation email by HO: 15/03/2017
PR issued: waiting

Hello,
Can you tell me,from where you checking your timeline?
Thank you!

manntodd
Newly Registered

Post by manntodd » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:33 pm

I applied for PR as an EU national.
App received 5th April,
Card Charged 6th April
I have not received email confirmation. Is this normal?
How long does it take to get the email?

manntodd
Newly Registered

Post by manntodd » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Does anyone know the way PR is granted to a person who ceased work after completing 3 years residence and worked for 1 year before ceasing work?
Its a rarely used section (5) In the immigration law.
Does one have to reach state pension age or is pension credit age accepted?

iz1
Nigeria

Post by iz1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:15 am

Tosin2017 wrote:
iz1 wrote:evening All,
It will take around 6 weeks from the date of application submission before they sent you Biometric letter so you just have to wait and enjoy the compulsory holiday as you are told your employer has stop you working, there is nothing really you can do about it, i have been stop from working over 3 weeks now
thanks i thought as much .
i can only pray and hope it works out with a positive outcome.

Krumpans
Newly Registered

Post by Krumpans » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:04 am

Mandokinha2701 wrote:Application sent 17/11
Received 18/11
Biometrics done 30/11
CoA received 6/12
Passport requested 07/4
Passport received 13/04
PR: waiting

Hello,can you tell me where checking your timeline?
Thank you!