ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February 2008 FLR (HSMP) applicants post here....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_immigrant

Dates being Processed

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:12 pm

I just called home office and asked the advisor,she told me that they are picking up 29th Feberuary cases....... :) and So 26th and 27 (where my case lies) are in middle of processing. So last week of Feb Guys keep you fingers crossed as its going to be either £350 or £1100 case. Pray for the earlier.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

pardass
Newly Registered

Post by pardass » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:45 am

pardass wrote:26th Feb 2008 - Amount deducted
3rd mar 2008 - Ref Received

Still awaiting for my docs

anyone know how we can know the application status ? any special number for FLR?

regards,
Pardass
I got my docs back

Here is my timelines:-
26th Feb 2008 - Amount deducted
3rd mar 2008 - Ref Received
18th mar 2008 - Passport received with 2 years visa

Thanks for the forum members

msdawood
Newly Registered

FLR approved !!!!!!!!!

Post by msdawood » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:00 am

Hi all,

The Day has come.
Got FLR approved till 2011...

My timelines:

21st Feb : Application Sent
22nd Feb : Fee Deducted
3rd MArch :Received Ref No(Dated 22nd feb)
19th March:Received stamped Passports.

Hearty thanks to the forum for the cooperation rendered.

Good Luck,
Sheik

tangocharlie
Newly Registered

Post by tangocharlie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:12 am

Heartly Congratulations to Pardass & Msdawood...

Stay blessed

hsmp_immigrant

Re: FLR approved !!!!!!!!!

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Can you please share you ref number
msdawood wrote:Hi all,

The Day has come.
Got FLR approved till 2011...

My timelines:

21st Feb : Application Sent
22nd Feb : Fee Deducted
3rd MArch :Received Ref No(Dated 22nd feb)
19th March:Received stamped Passports.

Hearty thanks to the forum for the cooperation rendered.

Good Luck,
Sheik
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

Enable

FLR Queries URGENT please

Post by Enable » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:06 am

Hi Guyz,

I have been dragging my FLR Application for the past 3 to 4 days. I have few queries can you please try to answer.
Some questions may be silly but for my peace of mind :)

Case info. - HSMP applied before 29th Feb and approval letter received 18th of march so I suppose to apply FLR through Tire 1 application form.

1. In dependent application what is the title for kids. should I select 'others' and say 'master'?

2. Dependent application form Question D4: ENTER THE VISA NUMBER OR ENTRY CLEARANCE NUMBER?
how do I find out this number? I have got quite a few numbers on my visa page in passport which is the correct number?

3. Dependent application form Question H2. HAS THE MAIN APPLICATION RECEIVED NOTIFICATION THAT THEIR APPLICATION FOR LEAVE TO REMAIN UNDER THE POINTS BASED SYSTEM HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL?

What the answer if the dependent applies along with main applicant?

4. Dependent application form Question H3. "Under which category of the Points Based System has the main applicant applied?"
Answers
Tier 1 - General
Tier 1 - Post study, Entrepreneurs and Investors

As my case applied HSMP before 29th Feb What is the answer?

5. My application has 2 dependents(wife and kid. all applying together) so How do I show the maintenance proof for dependents? B'cos I have got only one set of bank statements. Is that one copy is enough for all main and 2 dependents or I need to attach separate copies for dependents. If I have to attache 3 copies the rest 2 apart from original can be photo copied?

Guyz I am really confused can please try to answer these questions. When call up HO help line they are seems to be very helpful answering... so please help me.

Thanks in advance.

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Is any Feb HSMP FLR applicant still waiting for decision?

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:11 pm

ATBPLC wrote:Is any Feb HSMP FLR applicant still waiting for decision?
Yes mine was sent on 26th Feb and received on 27th but not response yet!!!!! :(. I called on 01142074074 Option 4 and 2 and asked them today they said they are processing 20th Feb but before Easter Holidays they told me that they were processing 29th of Feb...... Not sure how they can go backward direction.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

t4ure4n

Post by t4ure4n » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:40 pm

My timeline:

14 Feb 2008: Application sent via Royal Mail Courier mail
18 Feb: Payment deducted
?? : No reference number received

I have contacted but no info on my progress or the reference number yet

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:18 pm

hsmp_immigrant wrote:
ATBPLC wrote:Is any Feb HSMP FLR applicant still waiting for decision?
Yes mine was sent on 26th Feb and received on 27th but not response yet!!!!! :(. I called on 01142074074 Option 4 and 2 and asked them today they said they are processing 20th Feb but before Easter Holidays they told me that they were processing 29th of Feb...... Not sure how they can go backward direction.
Iam in the same boat as yours. I hear what you are saying mate. Some honest bloke may have told you the real date personally but I am not surprised that their official response is 20th because they won't update the date as long as they are meeting their internal perormance indicator (of 86% application in 4 weeks or whatever). Fingers crossed. Based on a few late feb people on this forum getting their documents back, I am expecting a response latest by 31st Mar. Let us see. Good luck!

t4ure4n

Post by t4ure4n » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:38 pm

just checked with the HO they are currently dealing with applications made on 14th of Feb 2008

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:06 am

t4ure4n wrote:just checked with the HO they are currently dealing with applications made on 14th of Feb 2008
Apparently, right hand does not know what the left one is doing. Their automated voicemail suggests that they are dealing with applications received on 20th Feb. Quite a few last week Feb people on this forum seem to have got everything sorted. Looks like 14th Feb is one of those oldest applications struck in the pipeline.

I remember my solicitor telling me when I applied for my initial HSMP a few years back that it is just like supermarket tills - some cashiers are fast while others are slow. So, it is all a matter of chance who ends up dealing with your application, if that person is fast, experienced so on and so forth.........any idea if that is still true?

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:24 pm

reliable-mate wrote:
Iam in the same boat as yours. I hear what you are saying mate. Some honest bloke may have told you the real date personally but I am not surprised that their official response is 20th because they won't update the date as long as they are meeting their internal perormance indicator (of 86% application in 4 weeks or whatever). Fingers crossed. Based on a few late feb people on this forum getting their documents back, I am expecting a response latest by 31st Mar. Let us see. Good luck!
Good Luck to you too...... any luck today ?
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

size_rain
Newly Registered

Post by size_rain » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:28 pm

got my reference email on 18th Feb. Nothing arrives yet...
I can't wait anymore and sent my TIER1(FLR) without approval letter because my student visa expires on 30th March.

Am I in trouble??

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:42 pm

size_rain wrote:got my reference email on 18th Feb. Nothing arrives yet...
I can't wait anymore and sent my TIER1(FLR) without approval letter because my student visa expires on 30th March.

Am I in trouble??
You mean approval letter for initial HSMP? Did you call them to explain your situation and seek their advice? I guess even if you had, they would have told you to leave UK.

Given that it is already Wed (26th Mar) today, I don't expect them to be able to come back to you asking for more documentary proof before 30th Mar (that at least makes your application under consideration allowing you to stay beyond 30th Mar). I guess it will be useful to seek some competent legal advice at the earliest to make sure that you don't end up violating your current visa by overstaying beyond 30th Mar. It will be great if you can share your experience.

size_rain
Newly Registered

Post by size_rain » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:53 pm

reliable-mate wrote:
You mean approval letter for initial HSMP? Did you call them to explain your situation and seek their advice? I guess even if you had, they would have told you to leave UK.

Given that it is already Wed (26th Mar) today, I don't expect them to be able to come back to you asking for more documentary proof before 30th Mar (that at least makes your application under consideration allowing you to stay beyond 30th Mar). I guess it will be useful to seek some competent legal advice at the earliest to make sure that you don't end up violating your current visa by overstaying beyond 30th Mar. It will be great if you can share your experience.
Hey, thanks a lot for your reply.
According to the Transitional arrangements for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, I'm allowed to do so..
--
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... angements/
if you have made an application for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant before 28 February 2008, and it has not been decided before that date;
--
Also, according to the old HSMP rules, I was allowed to send my FLR while my HSMP was under consideration. But the thing is.. I'm just worried that they are too harsh about the form content. I couldn't provide the approval letter but filled the form as I had it..
So... let's wait and see...

size_rain
Newly Registered

Post by size_rain » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:17 pm

update..

I just checked my bank balance..
HO have already charged 350 from my account which I have declared in the application...

Keep thinking why they are so fast in processing money but so slow in doing their job we paid for..

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:12 am

Hoping to hear good news from you Guys today about extension approvals. Some of us are watching with keen interest.

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:57 am

hsmp_immigrant wrote:
reliable-mate wrote:
Good Luck to you too...... any luck today ?
Nope. It has been 21 working days since they got my application. Technically, they still have another 7 working days, which is until monday the week after next, to fulfill their internal KPI of 86% applications in 28 working days. I am just hoping that I am a part of 86% statistic and not the other way round. :D I will be surprised if I am a part of the other 14% that they need to think twice for. 8)

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:55 am

size_rain wrote:
reliable-mate wrote:

According to the Transitional arrangements for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, I'm allowed to do so..
--
if you have made an application for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant before 28 February 2008, and it has not been decided before that date;
--
Also, according to the old HSMP rules, I was allowed to send my FLR while my HSMP was under consideration. But the thing is.. I'm just worried that they are too harsh about the form content. I couldn't provide the approval letter but filled the form as I had it..
Good to know some more details. My first reaction is that by and large the system tends to be fair and is not meant to penalise the right people. Given that you have got your reference number, it should be fine as long as you have explained your situation to them in the application. Fingers crossed mate. I personally don't see why there should be a problem. Good luck and it would be good to know your experiences.
Last edited by reliable-mate on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

size_rain
Newly Registered

Post by size_rain » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 am

reliable-mate wrote:
size_rain wrote:
reliable-mate wrote:

--
--
Good to know some more details. My first reaction is that by and large the system tends to be fair and is not meant to penalise the right people. Given that they have deducted the money from your account, I think you have got every right to ask them for the reference number or some other update to confirm that they are looking at your case (to make your application truly under consideration thereby validating your current stay after 30th Mar). Fingers crossed mate. I personally don't see why there should be a problem. Good luck and it would be good to know your experiences.
Thanks again for your reply.
I'm really new here.. Can you suggest which number to call for a reference?

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:42 am

size_rain wrote:
Thanks again for your reply.
I'm really new here.. Can you suggest which number to call for a reference?
It is there on home office's website as well - 0114 207 4074. try the number again if you get a funny message saying that the number can't be recognised (may be I am the only one getting this message). Cheers

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm

Anyone got reply in last two days?
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

zhassan

Post by zhassan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:14 pm

I received my documents back yesterday with approval letter. The letter was written on 10th March, 2008. So took a while get documents back in Australia.

Anyway it took 28 days in total. I will plan now in next six months what to do next.

Thanks everybody ans good luck to all.

Cheers,
Zia-ul-Hassan

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:16 pm

CONGRATS....... but when did you apply?
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT