ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March EC applicants here!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumar1981

Post by kumar1981 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:55 pm

I guess VFS, Chennai works on Monday...

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:09 pm

kumar1981 wrote:I guess VFS, Chennai works on Monday...
Might be possible for chennai...if its courier then its best way for you!!
But VFS hyd am sure as I read notice outside thr entrance on wednesday.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

ash123

Visa refused :-(

Post by ash123 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:37 am

Visa was refused as I didn't have proof that my husband has a job in UK.

I am planning to apply against the decision as my husband has recently secured a job and the company is providing 1 month accomodation as well. Anyone has got any idea if I can provide this additional proof as a appeal or should I go for a completely new application ? Please suggest !
Applying for Tier 1 Dependant visa for baby

kumar1981

Post by kumar1981 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:59 am

Ash,

It is better to make a fresh application as the timeline for appeal is about 26 weeks. In your fresh application mention clearly that your husband has an offer and attach the offer letter. Further BDHC does not accept any new evidence that was not submitted with the original application in case of appeal. All the best.

Kumar

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Re: Visa refused :-(

Post by crusador0408 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:13 am

ash123 wrote:Visa was refused as I didn't have proof that my husband has a job in UK.

I am planning to apply against the decision as my husband has recently secured a job and the company is providing 1 month accomodation as well. Anyone has got any idea if I can provide this additional proof as a appeal or should I go for a completely new application ? Please suggest !
This is sheer bullsh*** why its refused on job grounds , when there is no such legal requirement in EC process to have ajob to get visa??

But you must be having full proof written there in refusal letter..any other reasons mentioned?
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

ash123

Post by ash123 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:22 am

crusador0408 wrote:
ash123 wrote:Visa was refused as I didn't have proof that my husband has a job in UK.

This is sheer bullsh*** why its refused on job grounds , when there is no such legal requirement in EC process to have ajob to get visa??

But you must be having full proof written there in refusal letter..any other reasons mentioned?
Accomodation proof was also not present.. but i had shown more than enough funds and also mentioned reasons why its' not there. I have read and heard of many similar cases wherein they have granted visa. I think it depends on the mood of the officer on that day!

Anyways, it seems to better to re-apply. What a waste of 17k!

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:31 am

Its such a sad news ...poor we, that nothing can be done . This is a big dilemma for me, when as per the rules its not required then wot d heck is he doing on his duty?

Seriously, its waste of 17k plus suffering for sometime!

Regarding accomodation, its not at all necessary and same was recommended to me by some of old members of a yahoo forum...and i dint even bother to register hotel neither i have job..m in same boat but waiting to open parcel on tuesday morning... m scared after urs failure, lets see.

Whatever be the case, i think better to go with fresh application.
Good luck !

ash123

Post by ash123 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:59 am

crusador0408 wrote:Its such a sad news ...poor we, that nothing can be done . This is a big dilemma for me, when as per the rules its not required then wot d heck is he doing on his duty?

Seriously, its waste of 17k plus suffering for sometime!

Regarding accomodation, its not at all necessary and same was recommended to me by some of old members of a yahoo forum...and i dint even bother to register hotel neither i have job..m in same boat but waiting to open parcel on tuesday morning... m scared after urs failure, lets see.

Whatever be the case, i think better to go with fresh application.
Good luck !
Hey crusador! Dont' worry so much! I am HSMP Dependant.. hence they must be expecting all this..

It's completely based the EC officer.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:37 am

lol..u scared me 2 hell.I thot it was ur visa as a primary applicant.

good luck next time...

ash123

Post by ash123 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:51 am

crusador0408 wrote:lol..u scared me 2 hell.I thot it was ur visa as a primary applicant.

good luck next time...
Nope! check my signature :-)

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:36 am

Guys,

Am back after 2 days back. Gone for lord balaji darshan (for bribing him ;)) ) . And this forum was totally buzzing . well i think eacch of their status has been changed and ofcourse mine toooo................

All the best for each and evey one and i have already seen 2 acceptance and 1 refusal over the forum. I hope refusal would convert to acceptance .

Well want to share little bit of my personal experience w.r.t to Integra and EC Filing .

I caled my HR thrice over the past 2 weeks. But she said she didnt get any calll frm Integra .I know that she is the only one in my CHENNAI office sho handles VISA related stuff. So I think my Integra would have been done in my Bangalore / Gurgoan office of my company.

Regarding my EC filing. I would really appreciate and thank the Online community who have made the things done very easily and providing me the minute details. Also i really appreciated the co operation of the VFS Chennai staff who really co operated during filing my EC.

I would just summarise and shoot my points for the HSMP VISA aspirants.

1. Always start the activites and gather stuff atleast 6 months before when u waned to file the HSMP VISA.

2. Dont opt for any consultant (The biggest mistake which i have done)

3. Dont ever cheat on any false documents.

4. Dont confuse BHC caseworkers with confused documents or unnecessary documents.

5. Resarch a lot by going through the BHC documents which provides the details for the VISA(which helped me a lot)

And last but not the least (hopefuflly luck :)) ....)

Tommorow i willl go and collect my VISA at CHENNAI VFS.

If granted will fly by may end......
If not >>>>>>>> lets hope for the best and be positive

Cheers,
Vishnu.

HSMP Application accepted : 8th February.
EC Filed : March 7th
Integra : ?????????? Not known
EC status change in VFS : April 4th . Forwarded to AC
No of working days taken : 18
Result : Will provide tommorow after collecting the passport.

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:46 am

Hi ash,

Sorry about the news.But yes its always better to appeal rather than filing for a new application. As you have had the required proof to be shown.
You should appeal before 28 days. Remember its 28 days not 28 working days. The newly updated vfs website is providing lot more details for the refusal cases. They have even give some legal advise contact point for refusal cases. First do some research for some two days over the BHC and VFS webistes and other forums. Its always better to get urself to now the details first and then clarifying the doubts. As you have gone this much far take that extra step and appeal for the case rather than giving up at this poin and filing for a new application.

All the best .
Cheers,
Vishnu.

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:52 am

VFS Chennai is working on monday.Even i am going tomm to collect my VISA.

crusador0408 wrote:
kumar1981 wrote:I guess VFS, Chennai works on Monday...
Might be possible for chennai...if its courier then its best way for you!!
But VFS hyd am sure as I read notice outside thr entrance on wednesday.

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:06 am

Hi Ash/Kumar

For appeals u can always attach additional documents. Look at the following faq from BHC in case of appeal.

What happens when an appeal is lodged?
When the AIT has lodged your appeal they will send a Notice of Receipt to the British mission overseas where you applied. You should enclose all additional supporting documentation with your appeal. When the visa section receives the Notice of Receipt, the Entry Clearance Manager (ECM) will review your application again, taking into account any further comments and supporting documents you have included in the Notice of Appeal. If the ECM is satisfied that your application meets the Immigration Rules, the original decision may be overturned, and entry clearance issued.

If the ECM does not overturn the decision, an ECO will write a statement to explain in greater detail the reasons for refusing your visa. This will be sent with all your papers (the appeal bundle) to the AIT.

When the visa section receives the Notice of Receipt, they will prepare and send the appeal papers to the AIT within 20 working days for non-settlement cases and family visit cases. For settlement cases, they will prepare and send the papers within 60 working days.

Cheers,
Vishnu.

kumar1981 wrote:Ash,

It is better to make a fresh application as the timeline for appeal is about 26 weeks. In your fresh application mention clearly that your husband has an offer and attach the offer letter. Further BDHC does not accept any new evidence that was not submitted with the original application in case of appeal. All the best.

Kumar

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:11 am

Hi catchme,

What happened to the result.

Cheers,
Vishnu.

catchme1210 wrote:Thanks ash123/crusador0408, I wasn't aware that I can track by giving my passport number. According to Blue Dart, I should be getting it today itself.

TrackDart â„¢ - Tracking Details
Pickup Date 03 April 2008
From Mumbai
To Pune
Status In Transit
Await Delivery Information
Expected Date of Delivery 04 April 2008

Hsmp Aproval date: 13th Nov 2007
Ec Applied date: 12th March 2008
Integra Check: Done - 27th March 2008
Application status: Processed application delivered to Blue Dart on 03 Apr 2008
Vfs Centre: Pune
Final Result: waiting for courier

phoenix.hsmp
Newly Registered

Relief.

Post by phoenix.hsmp » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:13 am

Hi Everyone,

Had the status similar to catchme till friday morning.

Heaved a sigh of relief, when i finally got my documents and passport back on friday evening... Have got the Entry Clearance alongwith my Dependent. :D

Feeling great and i think this news will bring cheer that we all are finally getting the decisions now after the wait...

Ready for the next challenging phase (the real purpose!) now... the right job in UK. Thanks one and all and to this great forum!

ash123

Post by ash123 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:21 pm

vish_shan wrote:Hi Ash/Kumar

For appeals u can always attach additional documents. Look at the following faq from BHC in case of appeal.

When the AIT has lodged your appeal they will send a Notice of Receipt to the British mission overseas where you applied. You should enclose all additional supporting documentation with your appeal. When the visa section receives the Notice of Receipt, the Entry Clearance Manager (ECM) will review your application again, taking into account any further comments and supporting documents you have included in the Notice of Appeal. If the ECM is satisfied that your application meets the Immigration Rules, the original decision may be overturned, and entry clearance issued.

If the ECM does not overturn the decision, an ECO will write a statement to explain in greater detail the reasons for refusing your visa. This will be sent with all your papers (the appeal bundle) to the AIT.

When the visa section receives the Notice of Receipt, they will prepare and send the appeal papers to the AIT within 20 working days for non-settlement cases and family visit cases. For settlement cases, they will prepare and send the papers within 60 working days.

Cheers,
Vishnu.

Kumar
Hey thanks Vishu!
I have to do some more research on the appeal v/s application.
But it seems like appeal timeline is more than application time line. May be i should drop in a mail to chennai BHC and check.

-Ash

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi ash,

Check out the following links.
Might be useful.

http://vfs-uk-in.com/appeals.aspx
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... f19appeals

I have found out the faq about timelines one inthe 2nd link. I have given it below.

Is there a time limit? (Time line for appealing)
Yes. You must fill in and return the Notice of Appeal to the AIT or the British mission overseas where your visa was refused no later than 28 days after you receive the Notice of Refusal.

(Time lines for which you can get an appeal)
When the visa section receives the Notice of Receipt, they will prepare and send the appeal papers to the AIT within 20 working days for non-settlement cases and family visit cases. For settlement cases, they will prepare and send the papers within 60 working days

So as you said , it would be taking a maximum of 4 months. (Really long time i suppose. )

Ne way all d best.

Cheers,
Vishnu.

ash123 wrote:
vish_shan wrote:Hi Ash/Kumar

Cheers,
Vishnu.

Kumar
Hey thanks Vishu!
I have to do some more research on the appeal v/s application.
But it seems like appeal timeline is more than application time line. May be i should drop in a mail to chennai BHC and check.

-Ash

muralitharanp
Newly Registered

Call High Commission to get the current status

Post by muralitharanp » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi Vishnu,

I also applied on March 7th in chennai and got it on 31st. Better you call 42192310 and ask for the status.

Best Regards,
Murali

vish_shan wrote:Guys,

Seems like i am the only guy currently from VFS CHENNAI in this forum. Well My Integra had not been done yet.Just getting really worried. I am working in chennai , but my company does have other offices in Bangalore and Gurgaon. Well.....lets hope for the best.

Cheers,
Vishnu.

Hsmp Aproval date : 8th Feb
Ec Applied date : March 7th
Vfs Centre : Chennai
Result : waiting.

ships wrote:Added one more name to the list :)

Deepak - VFS hyd - 03 march - approved
Crusador - VFS hyd - 05 march - waiting
HSMP addict - VFS hyd - 07 march - waiting
Vish_shan - VFS chennai - 07 march - waiting
Anan_78 - no idea - 07 march - waiting
ash123 - VFS b'lore - 10 march - waiting
catchme1210 - VFS pune - 12 march - waiting
phoenix.hsmp - VFS pune - 14 march - waiting
dhirajhotjat - VFS b'lore -17 march - waiting
Friefox - VFS hyd - 25 march - waiting
sukhdeep - no idea - 27 march - waiting
itsmesuraj - no info - 28 march - waiting
Manish - VFS B'lore - 28 March - waiting

friefox

Post by friefox » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:15 pm

folks,
i am curious to know:
What if by the time you appeal against a refused EC, your HSMP validity of 6 months has expired?
My HSMP expires May 1st and I had put the EC app on March 25th

~~~~
Hsmp Applied: 26th Oct 2007
Hsmp Aproval date : 1st Nov 2007
Ec Applied date : 25th March 2008
Vfs Centre : Hyderabad
Result : waiting.

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:56 am

Guysssssssssssss,

Finally got my EC stamped for 2 years.
Even after asking for a postdated visa , i havent been granted it,
Ne way......now the next step starts from my side job search,,,
All the best for all of you over here.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Vishnu sankar

HSMP Application accepted : 8th February.
EC Filed : March 7th
Integra : ?????????? Not known
EC status change in VFS : April 4th . Forwarded to AC
No of working days taken : 18
Result : GRANTED . valid for 2 years

friefox

Post by friefox » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:38 am

great news , congrats !

kumar1981

Post by kumar1981 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:17 am

Hi, I got my visa for 2 yrs.

dhirajhotjat
Newly Registered

Congrats to All guys

Post by dhirajhotjat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:21 am

Guys.,
Congrats to all of guys got EC, applied in March. And i am sure Ash will also got it if she reAppeal.

Best of Luck for Future and Pray for all of us waiting for EC.

:D :) :D :D

Hsmp Aproval date: 1 Feb 2008
Ec Applied date: 17th March 2008
Integra Check: No Updates till now
Application status: visa application forwarded to the British High Commission 17 Mar 2008
Vfs Centre: Bangalore
Final Result: waiting

catchme1210
Newly Registered

Post by catchme1210 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:21 am

hey guys, finally got my passport on Saturday. thanks a lot to all. Visa was stamped till 2nd April 2010.

special thanks for Paul for his excellent blog.

Hsmp Aproval date: 13th Nov 2007
Ec Applied date: 12th March 2008
Integra Check: Done - 27th March 2008
Application status: Courier delivered - 15 working days
Vfs Centre: Pune
Final Result: EC granted for 2 yrs