ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by sairsint » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:56 pm

Bluebird71 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:13 pm
sairsint wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:46 am
RCCar wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:57 am
I think, they doing phase approach.
First phase who got e-vetting viewed before end of July will be approved and go to ceremony September, the rest who got e-vetting in May, but didn't have NVB yet will be invited December
I think you're being too optimistic. According to the posts in the 2022 timelines, I've only seen applicants which have originally applied up to March 2022 and also received the evetting request on 22 May 2023 finally proceed to the NVB stage. At the current rate the ISD are processing applications it will be ~5-6 more months for them to clear the remaining 2022 applicants (based on the Ministers publicly stated numbers). Unless something drastically changes with their internal processes, such as removing the need for attending a ceremony, many applicants will not be approved and/or attend a ceremony until some time next year.

It's such a poorly mismanaged process that many of the applicants that attended the June 19/20 ceremonies still have not received their naturalisation certificate nearly two months later. That's absurd!

I don't mean to be the pessimist here, but the numbers don't lie and I have virtually no hope left they are doing anything more to clear the backlog.

I completely agree this process is revolting and completely inefficient. The minister said that getting Irish citizenship is a privilege which it is supposed to be but what she is actually saying is that we dont deserve the respect of a proper process.. The fact that the help email has an auto response with a page long of emails that will not be responded too is absolutely shocking ! I cannot believe the level of anxiety and stress that is acceptable to the minister. There is no management of expectations and you are just supposed to put your life on hold until you finally get some response. There is no end its like you could hear back in 6 months 10 months or 20 no one knows and that to me is probably the most disheartening of all.
That's really a point here too. It really doesn't matter if this process took 6 months or 6 years to complete; if they would just communicate and give the applicants some idea of where they are in the process it would be less of an issue overall. It's the complete void of information and ability to contact anyone to gain some clarity that is most frustrating.

Just like these 22 May evetting invitations that were sent out nearly three months ago... the fact that this forum exists give those of us that use it some insight to where others are in the process. Whereas if we didn't have this forum, we would be completely lost and thinking our information must have been misplaced or possibly lost. It's really not that difficult to communicate with applicants and lower the frustration levels. I would say the majority of us (non-refugee status) are paying for this naturalisation, so it's not as if they are doing us a favour.

You would think the minister would understand much of this after continually getting asked the same questions over and over again by TD's during the debates. Instead she just keep regurgitating the same responses over and over meanwhile no progress is made in the process. To be honest, if I were one of this folks waiting nearly two months for my certificate after I upheld my part of the process, swore my fidelity to the state, traveled across the country for a ceremony, paid a lot of money, etc. I'd be absolutely fuming. I would be contacting my TD every single day until it showed up. I find this part to be most unacceptable by this department.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:39 am

User20123 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:55 pm
Finally, my Evetting consent moved to completion block, and I got an email from citizenship saying that NVB would be in touch with me in the next few weeks. I'm glad that my application for 17 months has been moved along.
would you please share the vetting timeline and status.. My vetting status was change to In Progress (NVB) on 9 August. no movement since.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:44 am

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:39 am
User20123 wrote:
Finally, my Evetting consent moved to completion block, and I got an email from citizenship saying that NVB would be in touch with me in the next few weeks. I'm glad that my application for 17 months has been moved along.
would you please share the vetting timeline and status.. My vetting status was change to In Progress (NVB) on 9 August. no movement since.
Next week might be movement - I had this status a few days before "Disclosure viewed".
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:51 am

Okay so received that email minutes ago. I guess that's the standard template. what to expect next?

The vetting application made in respect of you has been completed and a disclosure has been made to Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS). Applicants should note that a vetting disclosure issues in respect of every vetting application. The reference to ‘disclosure’ does not indicate the outcome of your vetting application, it only indicates that the vetting process has been completed.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:59 am

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:51 am
Okay so received that email minutes ago. I guess that's the standard template. what to expect next?

The vetting application made in respect of you has been completed and a disclosure has been made to Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS). Applicants should note that a vetting disclosure issues in respect of every vetting application. The reference to ‘disclosure’ does not indicate the outcome of your vetting application, it only indicates that the vetting process has been completed.
Next you wait. That's the end of a vetting process.

ISD can either make a decision your application now, as all the stages have been completed, ask for more information (there were cases like that in timeline).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:56 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:59 am
finalversion_2k wrote:

ISD can either make a decision your application now, as all the stages have been completed, ask for more information (there were cases like that in timeline).
Congrats. You have finished Stage 3. The subsequent phase is GRANT. They will not inquire about anything unless the Garda discloses something. My friend informed me that they send out a letter stating that the minister has accepted your application and that you are now required to pay 950EUR; once you pay this, it is likely that you will be included in the next ceremony. Fingers crossed!!

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:58 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:39 am
User20123 wrote:
Consent moved to completion - Aug 09, 2023
Garda vetting commenced - Aug 10, 2023
There has been no update since yesterday, but it typically takes 5-7 business days. I see that the Garda site is also down.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:20 pm

User20123 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:56 pm
meself2 wrote:
finalversion_2k wrote:

Congrats. You have finished Stage 3. The subsequent phase is GRANT. They will not inquire about anything unless the Garda discloses something. My friend informed me that they send out a letter stating that the minister has accepted your application and that you are now required to pay 950EUR; once you pay this, it is likely that you will be included in the next ceremony. Fingers crossed!!
Thanks @User20123 really hope things goes that way.. May I asked any rough timeline after completing NVB vetting, how much time it takes for that decision letter by minster?

Yes I can't access the Garda web link, down for maintenance that's what they say.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:38 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:20 pm
User20123 wrote:
meself2 wrote:
finalversion_2k wrote:

Thanks @User20123 really hope things goes that way.. May I asked any rough timeline after completing NVB vetting, how much time it takes for that decision letter by minster?

Yes I can't access the Garda web link, down for maintenance that's what they say.
According to my friend who applied in 2023 and had her background check revealed to the citizenship department. All of this transpired within one month, and she received the letter requiring payment of 950 EUR within that month. Assuming they want to clear the backlog quickly, we should receive the letter as soon as NVB discloses the information to citizenship.. I hope that everything is completed this month and that you and I can attend the upcoming ceremony. haha

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:51 pm

User20123 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:38 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:20 pm
User20123 wrote:
meself2 wrote:
finalversion_2k wrote:

According to my friend who applied in 2023 and had her background check revealed to the citizenship department. All of this transpired within one month, and she received the letter requiring payment of 950 EUR within that month. Assuming they want to clear the backlog quickly, we should receive the letter as soon as NVB discloses the information to citizenship.. I hope that everything is completed this month and that you and I can attend the upcoming ceremony. haha
haha thanks. that will be really nice to meet you in upcoming ceremony :D Now will sit and wait, I'll post here on forum if I heard anything, will appreciate same.

rameire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rameire » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:13 pm

Email in today from Citizenship Team
Dear Customer,

We are writing to provide an update in relation to your Citizenship eVetting.

We are aware some of you are waiting to complete the vetting process, we would like to assure you that there is nothing wrong and that the Citizenship Division is continuing to process a high volume of vetting requests.

Due to the high levels of applicants that need to complete eVetting, the process is expected to take a number of months to complete.

Good progress is being made and since our initial eVetting invitation was issued over 2,000 people have completed the vetting process.

We recognise you have been waiting patiently to complete the naturalisation process and want to assure you that we are doing everything possible to speed up the process.

Dates for additional Citizenship Ceremonies in the autumn and winter will be announced soon with additional ceremonies being added to ensure we can naturalise as many people as possible between now and the end of the year.

Warmest Regards,

Citizenship Team

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:19 pm

So from mid May to mid August (3 months) ~2500 people (they mention over 2000, so let's take 2400 as an estimate) have been processed?

I guess that lowers the estimate down to ~800 applications per month, unless it was ~1000, but due to vacation season in August it has decreased significantly.

Two new ceremonies is good news, though.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:22 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:19 pm
So from mid May to mid August (3 months) ~2500 people (they mention over 2000, so let's take 2400 as an estimate) have been processed?

I guess that lowers the estimate down to ~800 applications per month, unless it was ~1000, but due to vacation season in August it has decreased significantly.

Two new ceremonies is good news, though.
Did I read it correctly, or am I dreaming that there will be additional ceremonies besides autumn and winter? I hope that the upcoming ceremony will include ONLY people from 21 and 22

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:25 pm

User20123 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:22 pm
there will be additional ceremonies besides autumn and winter?
Might as well be, but I wouldn't expect them do to them this year - I think there's just enough time for two of them.
They've done an RDS one in May, they may as well do it again next year.
User20123 wrote:
I hope that the upcoming ceremony will include ONLY individuals born in 2021 and 2022.
I think children at that age have better things to do than attend ceremonies :)
But yes, hopefully it will be heavily focused on 2021/22 applicants.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:30 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:25 pm
User20123 wrote:
there will be additional ceremonies besides autumn and winter?
Might as well be, but I wouldn't expect them do to them this year - I think there's just enough time for two of them.
They've done an RDS one in May, they may as well do it again next year.
User20123 wrote:
I hope that the upcoming ceremony will include ONLY individuals born in 2021 and 2022.
I think children at that age have better things to do than attend ceremonies :)
But yes, hopefully it will be heavily focused on 2021/22 applicants.

hahah Yeah, my bad!!! it was a typo

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:40 pm

I just received an email with an Evetting update and I find the communication to be completely unacceptable! Basically changing comms after citizenship was promised this year for 2021 and 2022 applicants. I am at a loss here as to what to do but it feel like this is just never going to happen!

leonard971
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by leonard971 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:58 pm

Hi guys,
Could anyone give me some advice
I got my acknowledgement letter at the end of May but never heard anything since. Never got the link to start the evetting, nothing. I have seen on the timeline for 2023 and 2022 and many people got their Evetting invitation (first step) a month and sometimes only weeks after receiving their acknowledgment letter with an application number. I was wondering if there could be something wrong. I have emailed them confirming my email etc and needless to say that I never got a reply
Thank you for any advice

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:05 pm

leonard971 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:58 pm
at the end of May
This may? Then my advice is just to wait.
I got my eVetting invitation almost a year after acknowledgement. They've changed the system, so timescales have changed significantly, but nevertheless, just to put it into perspective.

Also see above a discussion about ISD sending out 13000 (!) eVetting requests and taking months to sort them out - they probably don't want any more workload.

vanderjunior
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by vanderjunior » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:15 pm

Mine got stuck too. Any update on your processing?
Blackbox wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:03 pm
RCCar wrote:
First phase who got e-vetting viewed before end of July will be approved and go to ceremony September, the rest who got e-vetting in May, but didn't have NVB yet will be invited December
Hopefully,mine still got stuck on
"Application Submitted to NVB for processing"
No movement on tracker since 1st of August.

Blackbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Blackbox » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:03 pm

vanderjunior wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:15 pm
Mine got stuck too. Any update on your processing?
Blackbox wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:03 pm
RCCar wrote:
Hopefully,mine still got stuck on
"Application Submitted to NVB for processing"
No movement on tracker since 1st of August.
Still stuck . possibly they have too many applications.just stay put

Blackbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Blackbox » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:40 pm

I just received an email saying vetting could take months and they ll be holding few ceremonies this year.
You should have had received this email or ll receive in couple of days as it is stated to all who apply.it also says 2000 people completed there vettings.
Hope this ll help

Blackbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Blackbox » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:27 pm

User20123 wrote:
meself2 wrote:
finalversion_2k wrote:

Can you tell approximately how long after vetting disclosure viewed the decision was issued to your friend ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:35 pm

I got my decision in a few months; they're usually more active when issuing decisions when ceremony is announced.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:52 am

Blackbox wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:27 pm
User20123 wrote:
meself2 wrote:
finalversion_2k wrote:

Can you tell approximately how long after vetting disclosure viewed the decision was issued to your friend ?
I believe you should now be awaiting the letter requesting payment of 950 EUR; once this is completed, you will be included in the upcoming ceremony. There has been no movement on my NVB processing for the past 7 business days; however, according to the first email sent by the department in the first quarter of this year, once the NVB disclosure has been completed, the process moves relatively quickly and is only at the GRANT stage. Typically, this occurs within a month's time.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:52 am

meself2 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:35 pm
I got my decision in a few months; they're usually more active when issuing decisions when ceremony is announced.
Please share your timeline :)