ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itsme
Member of Standing

need clarification plz

Post by itsme » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:35 am

hi, thanks everyone for sharing your experiences iat PEO.
I am qualified for ILR under new HSMP (JLR) rules, due to unavailability i have booked appointment only for myself at Croydon PEO.
Should my wife (dependant) accompany with me on that day in person , is it mandatory for her ILR ? if so will PEO personnel allow her without appointment. OR will they give ILR only to me ?
I am getting contradictory statements on this. Could someone plz throw light on this.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

please help!!!!

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm

My pay slip says

Total Gross Pay Total Deductions Total Amount paid
2185.18 404.56( tax and NI) 1780.62

Payments Description Value
Basic Pay 1776.50
Business Miles NT 408.68

Taxable Pay (PTD) 1776.50

Non-Taxable Pay (PTD) 408.68

Now Could you please let me know whether can i include my 408.68 pounds which i received as my business miles. Although this includes in my gross pay, I dont pay tax for this

CAN I INCLUDE THIS BUSINESS MILES MONEY- 408.68 AND ADD THEM TO THE TOTAL TO MAKE IT MORE THAN 22k

Could you please clarify experts this for me

Thanks

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:03 pm

You claim points on your gross income, so if this "business miles" a part of your gross income you can show them as a part of your earnings. Your gross salary anyway is coming more than 22K (assuming your monthly gross to be 2185.18).

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

My Experience PEO @ Birmingham!

Post by hsmp__2007 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Guys,

I would like to share my experience! I owe a lot to this forum! Thanks everyone.. special thnks to push_hsmp/niruv/etc.

My Appointment: 02/06/2009 at 9am

Visa Expires on : 28/06/2009

- Arrived in solihul at 8AM , the parking is right behind the building(Dominion Building) called Dominon Court parking.

- 8:30AM, Security checks also they'd take down your name and Appointment ref#

- You are advised to sit while others checkin

- 08:50AM the receptionst calls your name, checks your application and hands a token number

- 9:00AM the token number is called and asked to go to designated(counter 1,2,3..9) desk

- 9:00- 9:30AM . The PEO officer checks the application reviews the application and enters in the system, also requests you to provide the payslips/p60/bank statements. he asked questions only if he has any doubts, luckily there were hardly any as I had 13/15 months earnings proof. Almost everything was in place(again thanks to every1). While he entered the details in the system he requested me to pay the fee at the counter far end counter. The lady with a sweeet smile gives off a bill of £1020.(darn u guys are so expensive..:(..). I come back to my counter and PEO officer said, " I have to sign off with the manager and then there will be around 2 hours of checks performed and the rest of the process(includes visa stamping).
He advised "the weather is great outside, you have a walk/breakfast if there is anything we will call you on ur mob". Now I leave the counter ..

-9:30AM - 11AM : the folks there are very cordial, i went out. On the right of the building there is a city center few yards of walk, u can have snacks/etc.

I was too anxious came back by 9:50AM.. and then the anxious wait, i must tell you my thoughts wandered in all possible negative possibilities.

As I tend to get more anxious.. 11:15 AM the receptionist calls with a pleasant smile calls my token number and says That I have been granted a 3 year visa permit and handed the papers. The passport looked sweet a GREAT RELIEF!!!!!

I then have reviewed all documents were intact and none of them were missed and walked out..

On the whole it was pleasant experience.

Gud luck to everyone!

Regards,

hsmp__2007

Bhutta144
Newly Registered

Re: My Experience PEO @ Birmingham!

Post by Bhutta144 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:57 pm

"deleted"
Last edited by Bhutta144 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Thank you very much - Ambition-High

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Many Thanks for your speedy response

i know you some people have already answered this, but wanted to make sure

my savings account is £800 for the past 3 months and my current account is overdrawn by £1400. Will this be a problem for me when I go to PEO

Please help!!!!

mnstar
Newly Registered

Post by mnstar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:59 pm

itsme

I got an appointmet for ILR HSMP JR this AM. I told them that I will be applying with dependents. I asked if dependents need to be present at the PEO and they said it was not necessary.

mghe

Post by mghe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:51 am

Had an PEO appointment yesterday ( 2 June 2009 ) at CROYDON 10 AM.
my visa is extendend from HSMP to Tier1 for next 3 years :) . would like to share some of my experience.

* 8.50 arrived at croydon. was adviced to come back by 9.30AM, so stood out until 9.30 AM

* stood in the premium queue( red lined one) by 9.40 AM, the security siad that the premium counters were taken so we had to wait. Waited till 10.10 AM

*10.20ish cleared the security and was waiting at the reception for the initial check , there was a queue there too. After some 10 minutes got to the reception where a lady asked for my application, I gave her, she asked for my sponsor letter. I said I am under HSMP and no sponsors needed for my visa. She looked at the application asked for my payslips and bank statements. She kept popping from her seat and asking something to her senior. Finally she returned gave me a ticket with a number and said first floor in it. she asked me to pay in the first floor and asked to read a poster that siad the fees is not refundable blah blah...

10.30 got my payment cleared , but the gentleman at the pay counter said that i have been given the wrong ticket info, it should say 2nd flr and not first floor. So after speaking to customer service desk at second floor, i was asked to wait until they decided which floor i belong.

11.00 I was confirmed that my case was handled at the 2nd floor and was asked to wait there. At croydon there is a PA system that calls out numbers as well as ppl shouting numbers in their microphne in counter so have a sharp attn. At 12.00 noon my number was called.

12.00 at counter i gave the lady my application form and passport, she typed so many things on the PC. She asked for all my documnets that i wish to submit. I gave her the complete list. she didnt even look at them but said that she needs 3 Hrs to process them so was asked to wait or leave and get back by 3 use the ticket to get back in the building.

was roaming around the town center for sometime and ahd lunch and returned by 1.30. i waited for a couple of hours more no info yet.

3.45 the lady called me again and said my application was almost done and wont be long. by 4.15 she was going thru my application and was entering something in the system. I could nt resist so went to the counter and asked if the application was apprvd she said "one minute". I sat there infront of the counter for another 30 minutes and then she said the golden words " Yes they have been approved and i have got the visa until Aug 2012". My 30day extra request was declined :(. She said i have to wait in the first floor as she was going to get the visa printed and she said wont be long again. got all the docs back but she kept the employee reference letter with her, dnt know why I didnt bother too.

4.50 - 6.50 ...yes 2 hrs I was staring at the customer service counter window to see my number being called . There were about 20 to 30 ppl when i enetered this hall everyone got there number called except me...at 6.50 a gentlman came and asked if i am still waiting for my Visa...i said yes sir...he went in and grabbed my file and asked me to come. Atlast i could see my passport and got my visa. checked it for spellings and stuff and left the building..by 7 :)

People having appointment at Croydon take all ur docs and loads of patience ( will come in handy)

documents i used :
payslips ( two employers) all sealed and signed by employers
Bank statements( two banks) - all originals , latest bank statement i had to order from the bank through their helpdesk
degree certificate - i did my master in Uk, i submitted eventhough it was nt required.
maint fund : account is the same as my salary account and was never less than 800.
refernce letters from employers just confirming my employement details.
my visa expires on 13 aug 2009, got extension till 13 aug 2012

sorry about the long post...thanks for reading :)...thanks a million to this forum...got a lot of help from the members .....

MVaibhav
Newly Registered

Post by MVaibhav » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:50 pm

I got my tier-1 stamped yesterday at Croydon PEO.

(1) Appointment was scheduled at 1100. I reached at 1015 and waited in the queue for ~25 minutes.
(2) Security cleareance and then another queue, ~15 minutes
(3) Initial screening of the documents on ground floor at ~11:15. the lady was polite and checked forms, qualification, maintenance fund docs.
(4) to payment counter on first floort, payment done by 11:45 AM.
(5) move to second floor for appointment with case worker. there was sort of announcement that they have some sort of problems in the system. Not sure if this was only for Biometric application. however waited till 1300 hrs and then went to ask, what is happening. I was told they are running behind schedule so my number will come in another 30 minutes.
(6) at 13:15, the I was called at the counter. handed over the forms. just one question he asked "how many forms". I said "3 including my dependents". asked about the documents, I handed over the folder. I was expecting that he will have some questions or will atleast look at the forms/document. nopes..... the person told me that he will take 45 minutes, and i should wait in the waiting are in front of him.. he was kinda rude..
(7) no response till 15:15, I was getting restless.. the guy who took my application has not comeback to the desk.. I asked other helper there, she told it may take time so i must wait..
( 8) i could see the guy who took the forms, so I asked him at around 1545, and he told that it will take another 2 hrs and that it is usual and why am I in a hurry.. no option.. another wait session started
(9) i waited till 17:30, and again asked a lady at the counter, she gave a funny expression and told that my visa is ready for quite a while and i must have got it by now. I was asked to go to first floor to collect that from a specific counter. no one ever bothered to inform me before this that things are ready..
(10) checked at the counter on first floor and I was told they have not received the document and i must wait in front of the counter.
(11) at 18:15 i went again and asked about the status, they said, still not received.
(12) went back to second floor to enquire. met the another lady and told her the problem. she said she will check.. she called up some people on first floor and then some on ssecond.. then after 15 minutes of hush-bush, she came to me and told that they have misplaced my file and she is searching for that.. YES, MISPLACED everything
(13) she came back after another 15-20 minutes and told that she has found it and they are stamping the visa..
(14). at around 19:15 I was called at the counter and given the passports and documents... :)... got my visa stamped for 3 years..

My advice to guys going for PEO appointment..

there may be endless wait, so carry something with you for timepass.. perhaps a book, your PSP, printouts of Sudoku.. what ever.. It was a pain sitting there for 6-7 hours doing nothing except staring at the counter.. :( .. as Iwas told initially that it will take only 45 minutes so I did not go out..

thanks a lot to all the guys on the forum for their valuable suggestions and time.

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:10 pm

On your advice, My things to carry list

1. Book - a light right
2. Ipod - Fully charged and loaded
3. N95 - charged and loaded with movies

and yes the documents and passports.

Any idea if we could carry the laptop/electronics inside past the security and not required to deposit at the counter. Stretching one's luck, is there w-fi connectivity inside?

Cheers!

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:22 pm

You are not going to "gadget show" are you ? :lol:
PinkFloyd wrote:On your advice, My things to carry list

1. Book - a light right

Any idea if we could carry the laptop/electronics inside past the security and not required to deposit at the counter. Stretching one's luck, is there w-fi connectivity inside?

Cheers!

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:25 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:On your advice, My things to carry list

1. Book - a light right

Cheers!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=259424

last several messages ..
Good luck !

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks Sten..

[quote="psdesai"]You are not going to "gadget show" are you ? :lol:

Leaving my Light saber at home so technically No :-)

daveee
Newly Registered

Post by daveee » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Has anyone got their extension at a PEO without showing their degree again? I submitted mine in my original HSMP application and don't want to bring it again.

Is this ok?

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Guys,

I am a bit confused about "signed and sealed" pay slips. My accountant sends me my pay slip on a pay slip "sheet/template" (not a plain A4 paper) where I have my company name and other financial details printed on it. Will those pay slips be ok?
I am also submitting my P60 which again is something similar to my pay slips (ie a template P60 sheet with the company name and financial details printed).

Cheers,

dellfan

Post by dellfan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi hsmp_2007,
Congrats on your Visa. I have got the appt at the same PEO on 19 of this month. Could you please let me know if you have taken your degree certificates with you and did they asked you any questions on your previous immigration history sort of things.

Many Thanks
dellfan

hsmp__2007 wrote:Guys,

I would like to share my experience! I owe a lot to this forum! Thanks everyone.. special thnks to push_hsmp/niruv/etc.

- Arrived in solihul at 8AM , the parking is right behind the building(Dominion Building) called Dominon Court parking.

- 08:50AM the receptionst calls your name, checks your application and hands a token number

- 9:00AM the token number is called and asked to go to designated(counter 1,2,3..9) desk

- 9:00- 9:30AM . The PEO officer checks the application reviews the application and enters in the system, also requests you to provide the payslips/p60/bank statements. he asked questions only if he has any doubts, luckily there were hardly any as I had 13/15 months earnings proof. Almost everything was in place(again thanks to every1). While he entered the details in the system he requested me to pay the fee at the counter far end counter. The lady with a sweeet smile gives off a bill of £1020.(darn u guys are so expensive..:(..). I come back to my counter and PEO officer said, " I have to sign off with the manager and then there will be around 2 hours of checks performed and the rest of the process(includes visa stamping).
He advised "the weather is great outside, you have a walk/breakfast if there is anything we will call you on ur mob". Now I leave the counter ..

-9:30AM - 11AM : the folks there are very cordial, i went out. On the right of the building there is a city center few yards of walk, u can have snacks/etc.

I was too anxious came back by 9:50AM.. and then the anxious wait, i must tell you my thoughts wandered in all possible negative possibilities.

As I tend to get more anxious.. 11:15 AM the receptionist calls with a pleasant smile calls my token number and says That I have been granted a 3 year visa permit and handed the papers. The passport looked sweet a GREAT RELIEF!!!!!

I then have reviewed all documents were intact and none of them were missed and walked out..

Gud luck to everyone!

Regards,

hsmp__2007

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Please help

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:10 pm

I know you some people have already answered this, but wanted to make sure

my savings account is £800 for the past 3 months and my current account is overdrawn by £1400.( -1400 pounds ). everymonth wehn i get paid this becomes positive and again at the end of the months it becomes -1400 ( overdrawn) Will this be a problem for me when I go to PEO

Please help!!!!

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp__2007 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Delfan,

Carry your degree cert with you, he'd see, if there is any history he will definitely ask. I am 100% confident the PEO has visibility of the candidates history which are expected to be in records.

Gud luck
dellfan wrote:Hi hsmp_2007,
Congrats on your Visa. I have got the appt at the same PEO on 19 of this month. Could you please let me know if you have taken your degree certificates with you and did they asked you any questions on your previous immigration history sort of things.

Many Thanks
dellfan

hsmp__2007 wrote:Guys,

Gud luck to everyone!

Regards,

hsmp__2007

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Re: Please help

Post by hsmp__2007 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:32 pm

staffordjafar wrote:I know you some people have already answered this, but wanted to make sure

my savings account is £800 for the past 3 months and my current account is overdrawn by £1400.( -1400 pounds ). everymonth wehn i get paid this becomes positive and again at the end of the months it becomes -1400 ( overdrawn) Will this be a problem for me when I go to PEO

Please help!!!!
Jafar,

I guess you should mail your query to BHC to clarify. This is a tricky situation but however they can guide you the best.

Regards

hsmp__2007

mavrick7
Newly Registered

Extention Application - Visa Renewal Date

Post by mavrick7 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:37 pm

Guys I know i have asked this earlier as well, but it is a bit unclear.

My query is my current HSMP visa expires on 10-Oct-09 and I have been calling UKBA to check with them how soon can I apply in person. They clearly sid anytime. However my worry is , say I apply on 30-July-09 July 09 for extension, will my tier-1 visa start fr 20-July of from 10-Oct which is my current HSMP expiry.

I am thourougly confused as looking at some applicants on this foru, it looks like the renewed visa will start from where the current visa ends. Having checked this point with UKBA, they say only if you apply 28 days (calender days) before current visa expiry will you get the visa starting from thereon.

Please advice.

mavrick7
Newly Registered

Post by mavrick7 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:41 pm

Guys I know i have asked this earlier as well, but it is a bit unclear.

My query is my current HSMP visa expires on 10-Oct-09 and I have been calling UKBA to check with them how soon can I apply in person. They clearly said anytime. However my worry is, say I apply on 30-July-09 for extension, will my tier-1 visa start from 30-July or from 10-Oct which is my current HSMP expiry.

I am thoroughly confused as looking at some applicants on this forum, it looks like the renewed visa will start from where the current visa ends. Having checked this point with UKBA, they say only if you apply 28 days (calendar days) before current visa expiry will you get the visa starting from thereon.

Please advice

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:24 pm

mavrick7 wrote:Guys I know i have asked this earlier as well, but it is a bit unclear.

My query is my current HSMP visa expires on 10-Oct-09 and I have been calling UKBA to check with them how soon can I apply in person. They clearly said anytime. However my worry is, say I apply on 30-July-09 for extension, will my tier-1 visa start from 30-July or from 10-Oct which is my current HSMP expiry.

I am thoroughly confused as looking at some applicants on this forum, it looks like the renewed visa will start from where the current visa ends. Having checked this point with UKBA, they say only if you apply 28 days (calendar days) before current visa expiry will you get the visa starting from thereon.

Please advice
no one can guarantee you anything but going by the recent experiences of many members you should get your extension valid from the date of expiry of your current leave
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sanak

Doument i should carry

Post by sanak » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi Nirv,

Did they ask you for english letter or only degree certificate as i am planning to go PEO so can you please help me what should i carry along as initially i was only planning to carry 12 month Pay slip ,12 month Bank statement and 3 month Maintinance.

Please it would e great if you could let me know.

Thanks

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:35 am

Hello Friends,
Just a quick question to confirm.
Has anyone submitted the in-person application with cash payment?
And can we pay by cash?

Do they accept "visa debit" debit cards for payment?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:36 pm

hsmp0804 wrote:Hello Friends,
Just a quick question to confirm.
Has anyone submitted the in-person application with cash payment?
And can we pay by cash?

Do they accept "visa debit" debit cards for payment?
Tier-1 application form page-5:
You can pay by any of the following methods:
• Cheque/Bankers Draft
• Postal Order
• *Credit card - Mastercard or Visa (including
Electron)
• *Debit card - Delta, Maestro** (including
Solo)
• Cash – but only for applications made at a
public enquiry office
; please do not send
cash by post