ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by J_Karim » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:21 pm

to celiakara

Currently in advanced stage" from my best knowledge I believe your application decision has been already been made or its just just end of the tunnel. Because they did not get your results back from the minister with the complete results.
Once its in advance stage it means it in the last level more or likely will receive the approval from now to any time soon.
All my friends are receiving approval in coming days as you know there is ceremony on 19th sept.
So let us know once you hear any things.
I bet its good luck sings for you because ceremony is going to held next month.
By the way when did you apply??
cheers
J_K
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi J_Karim

Thank you for the reply it was really helpful!
Hopefully it's true and we get a final decisions soon before the 19th September ceremony!

Well unfortunately my process was a very long one. I appliediin the end of Feburary 2014, they asked us further documentation a year after we applied and we gave it to them but since then we've been waiting to hear from them. My family and I have never had any criminal offenses or anything to make our process delay so it's very confusing for us. My two daughters who are 20 & 23 both got their citizenship within 6 months of applying but the rest f the family are still waiting on a decision. But since we haven't got an e-mail like this before hopefully it's good news

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:48 pm

well some of the application they kept for long its bearu cratic bullshits.How ever i did read your history its probably too long on social support but it has nothing to do with your citizenship application.
They check two things once you submit all correct info with documents and have no bad criminal history.
Well you should of put a cover letter on the first place thats what i can think of and i did read your history you mentioned you have a kids to look after.
Most of the time explanation by a letter they cant skip if you know I mean.
well i believe your approval on the way.
So make sure you let us know with plents sweets ha.
god almighty
regards
JK

Regards
J.K

bandoras
Newly Registered

Post by bandoras » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:13 am

Hi,

I just sent in the €950 fee on thursday.
Is there any chance I will get an invitation for the 19th of september ceremony ?

Regards.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:18 am

bandoras

100 percent... if you dont receive any invitation by Tuesday or Wednesday.or i d say your invitation on the way by early next week. what day you did apply and based on what?
just ring them.
congrats
J_k

Regards
J.K

bandoras
Newly Registered

Post by bandoras » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:31 am

Hi,

I applied around last september, I'm EU and have been over 10 years in Ireland.
I received approval in June but just sent in the money thursday 18th of August,
so about a month before the ceremony.

Regards.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:29 am

bandoras

they will receive money by friday hopefully next week the inviation
by the even you dont receive any thing from them and if you make a call they verbally invite you for ceremony
regards
j_K

Regards
J.K

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi guys,

Just wondering when would they issue the last approval letter for the next ceremony? I mean, today is the 20th of August but ceremony is on the 19th. Would they issue up to 2, 3 weeks before as well?

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:54 pm

dad12345
they should i guess
when did you apply?

Regards
J.K

bandoras
Newly Registered

Post by bandoras » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:50 pm

J_Karim wrote:bandoras

they will receive money by friday hopefully next week the inviation
by the even you dont receive any thing from them and if you make a call they verbally invite you for ceremony
regards
j_K
thanks for ur help :D

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:07 am

J_Karim wrote:dad12345
they should i guess
when did you apply?
Thank you for getting back to me

I applied on the first week of March but I never received any second stage letter. It's weird because 2 weeks ago (5 months later) they asked me to post my original passport and the letter came as initial processing on it. I do not think I will be called for the next ceremony though, we are less than a month and if they do follow this steps second stage, advanced stage so I have no chances.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:21 pm

just post ur passport as quick as you can to avoid further delay..
finger crossed
j k

Regards
J.K

dzemehia1
Newly Registered

Post by dzemehia1 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi sent them an email this morning. this is my reply some one there to advice me,

Please note that your application for naturalisation is being prepared for
re-submission to the Minister. If further documentation and/or
clarification of any matter related to your application is required from
you, we will write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a
letter in due course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your
application.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Citizenship Info
Mail-In Query

dzemehia1
Newly Registered

Post by dzemehia1 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi kingdomman, i sent them an email in regard to my citizenship application, this was the reply sent to me
advice me please.

Please note that your application for naturalisation is being prepared for
re-submission to the Minister. If further documentation and/or
clarification of any matter related to your application is required from
you, we will write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a
letter in due course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your
application.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Citizenship Info
Mail-In Query

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:49 pm

dzemehia1

its a good sign for you they did submit your application the final answer, it means its an wait and game
now you dont have to do anything apart from waiting like they said if they further documents they will ask.
Now id say make sure your visa is up to date unless you have current visa continuing..
hope its gives you peace of mind
regards
j_k

Regards
J.K

Stanic

Post by Stanic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:02 am

kaiser1977 wrote:Hey guys, I am about to submit my application. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, but do I have to certify all pages of my current passport or just the bio date page?
Just the ones it says in the application form notes. It's been a while so I can't remember exactly what but we photocopied the whole passport, and got the relevant pages certified. Think just the biodate, and maybe ones with EEA permit as well just in case.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Stanic wrote:
kaiser1977 wrote:Hey guys, I am about to submit my application. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, but do I have to certify all pages of my current passport or just the bio date page?
Just the ones it says in the application form notes. It's been a while so I can't remember exactly what but we photocopied the whole passport, and got the relevant pages certified. Think just the biodate, and maybe ones with EEA permit as well just in case.
Thanks. I ended up certifying the whole passport but a few days later the new version of the form came out and now they need original passports with copies of just the biodata pages.

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Hi All,

Recently got visa renewed for my wife and sent the copies of her new passport, gnib card & Stamp page to INIS for their record. We applied for her on the basis of Irish Spouse (3 years).

We got letter from INIS today confirming that they have received her documents - in the initials it stated the name of the person with team "FURTHER PROCESSING TEAM" - My question is does this means that her application is in final stages of approval?

Applied: 28.05.2016
First letter:15.06.2016
Second letter: Pending

Thanks,

Jani

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:17 pm

to jani
no it doesnt mean its in final stages but Irish Spouse (3 years) are quicker than other application
seems like its going to be on second stages.
j_k

Regards
J.K

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:11 am

Guys for all who seeking lawyer immigration do not go via xxxxx , they are unprofessional and theft.

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:42 am

@ Rio29

I applied my EU1 EU treaty rights case then PR after 5 years and Citizenship case also from Brophy Solicitors. i can say in my case that they are highly professional and know their job very well. my Permanent residence came back so quickly. now citizenship application is also moving fine. everything on time.

They do charge good fee but they provide good services. some of their assistants are not good as they do not reply on time. but main solicitors are very good. may be they need to change their interns or assistants as they are not doing their job well and creating bad image for such good solicitor firm.

they do not take illegal case for sure because they can not make illegal into legal.

so it worked good in my case. i think its not a good idea name bad someone entire business based on your personal experience.

i hope you understand

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:58 am

Hi All,
Congratulations to All who got the invitation for Sep Ceremony, two weeks ago my wife got the Invitation letter for sep ceremony: her application was based on 5yrs residency as a EU citizen
Her timeline
Applied last week Jan2016
More document requested second week of feb 2016
Document provided third week of Feb 2016
Second stage letter first week of March 2016
Approval last week of June 2016 (paid 950)

She was student for 18 months and then we had a baby , never worked and didn't claimed any benefits , she was not well so i had to proved all of her medical letters.

I applied my Naturalization on 22nd July 2016 , Application received by Department on 25 July 2016 , No acknowledgment letter yet. So i have emailed them to make sure if they have received my application got the following reply:

" Please be advised that this office is currently processing new applications
received around the beginning of July. If you have not heard anything
further from this office within the next 3/4 weeks come back to me and I
will follow it up again for you."

Now My EUFam visa is due to expire in Jan 2017 , can i extend my Visa as Irish Spouse once my wife gets her citizenship in September ? will that be on window in the immigration office or i have to apply ?

i contacted the INIS and once i was told i can drop in to INIS office in Dublin they will extend it on windows by providing Original Marriage cert ,Spouse Passport and this is only if i am living legally here in Ireland , but when second time i was told i have to apply with some documentation.
i am really confused at this stage, any one in this forum extended their visa to Irish Spouse stamp 4 on INIS Window ?
secondly , it seems citizenship department are not sending acknowledgment letters as they use to do in the past either they send an objection (require more documents) or send directly second stage letter, am i right ?
Looking forward for suggestions !!!!

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:58 am

Hi Southdubliner1

i am giving my understanding but i am not 100% sure :-)

i believe you are on stam 4 EUfem which is going to expire in jan 2017. you have applied for citizenship already. technically you must apply for long term residence ( PR) which will give you long term stay. LTR is processed within few months so you have visa to wait for citizenship application.

now as you did not do that so you need to apply again EU1 form as spouse of EU national and get 5 year EU fam stamp 4 again. so you have to do the same you did last time to get visa.
but you need to apply this to INIS EU treaty rights dept. they will get your application and will send you visa extension letter in few weeks. they also send the copy of same letter to GNIB.

Then you go to GNIB dublin 2 with this letter of extension on EU1 and GNIB will already have this info in their system that you may be coming. this way they will give you new visa

even if your citizenship is approved ( Which is not going to happen in next 4 months in your case ) you would still need valid GNIB card and legal permission to stay in ireland.

so if i would be in your place. i will apply EU1 application to INIS and extend my visa and update Citizenship dept once visa is approved. or there is till time to apply for LTR

i hope it will help a bit.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:20 pm

Deekay wrote:Hi Southdubliner1

i believe you are on stam 4 EUfem which is going to expire in jan 2017. you have applied for citizenship already. technically you must apply for long term residence ( PR) which will give you long term stay. LTR is processed within few months so you have visa to wait for citizenship application.

now as you did not do that so you need to apply again EU1 form as spouse of EU national and get 5 year EU fam stamp 4 again. so you have to do the same you did last time to get visa.
but you need to apply this to INIS EU treaty rights dept. they will get your application and will send you visa extension letter in few weeks. they also send the copy of same letter to GNIB.

Then you go to GNIB dublin 2 with this letter of extension on EU1 and GNIB will already have this info in their system that you may be coming. this way they will give you new visa

even if your citizenship is approved ( Which is not going to happen in next 4 months in your case ) you would still need valid GNIB card and legal permission to stay in ireland.

so if i would be in your place. i will apply EU1 application to INIS and extend my visa and update Citizenship dept once visa is approved. or there is till time to apply for LTR

Hi Deekay,
Thanks for your reply, Yes i am on Stamp4 EUfam , for LTR they will object my application as my wife was not working and secondly it is not that easy as i know from few of my friends experience.
But what i am trying to find out is to get Stamp 4 based on Naturalized Irish Spouse , My wife got her Citizenship approved and will be in the Ceremony on September 19 and hopefully by the mid of October she will have her Irish Passport posted and i do Have Irish born child here. So by just going to GNIB office with her will i be given Stamp 4 as spouse of Irish Citizen ?
Thanks

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:04 pm

SouthDubliner1 wrote:
Deekay wrote:Hi Southdubliner1

Hi Deekay,
Thanks for your reply, Yes i am on Stamp4 EUfam , for LTR they will object my application as my wife was not working and secondly it is not that easy as i know from few of my friends experience.
But what i am trying to find out is to get Stamp 4 based on Naturalized Irish Spouse , My wife got her Citizenship approved and will be in the Ceremony on September 19 and hopefully by the mid of October she will have her Irish Passport posted and i do Have Irish born child here. So by just going to GNIB office with her will i be given Stamp 4 as spouse of Irish Citizen ?
Thanks

Hi There.

No you will not get any visa just by going to GNIB counter. these cases are approved by INIS dept. cases are complicated many times this is the reason that officers are sitting at GNIB counter can not issue you any extension. so you need to apply EU 1 form same like you did last time and once its approved from INIS then you can go to GNIB to get next visa.