ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rehan Arain

Reason of Refusal

Post by Rehan Arain » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Salam there,

Prince 007 bro, Sorry to hear about your visa refusal........Please let us know the reason for the refusal.

Members here may give some input and advice what to do ?

JF
Newly Registered

Post by JF » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:22 pm

[quote="General30"][quote="Hashim89"]still no sign of the passport - submitted it on 6th Feb :([/quote]

My wifes passport has not been returned yet either she submitted on the 01/02/2012 it's been over a month now it's stressing me out it just says application under process at bhc hope we hear something next week inshallah[/quote]

General 30 -

Hang in there.....InshAllah next week will be your turn....

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:22 pm

prince007 wrote:Hey people, My wifes visa has been refused dont know on what tho she will email me the letter later, this is really stressingg.

Can any1 tell me whats the procedure of appeal?
and what steps does it go through and how long will it take?..

App submitted 22/12/11
under process in bhc 10/01/12
ready for collection 02/03/12
refused
Hi prince007

I guess you will be going for an oral hearing here in the UK, the form is called IAFT-2 Form – Appeal against an Entry Clearance Officer's decision and can be found [http://www.justice.gov.uk/forms/hmcts/i ... and-asylum]

Hopefully all this information will already be in the bundle sent to your partner.

PS - make sure you complete the correct forms - click on the 'Appeal forms after 19th December 2011' link from the above URL
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

m.k

Post by m.k » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Awwww sorry to hear the bad news prince007 but dnt lose hope everything is done for the best be it something good or bad.

General30

Post by General30 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:53 pm

JF wrote:
General30 wrote:
Hashim89 wrote:still no sign of the passport - submitted it on 6th Feb :(
My wifes passport has not been returned yet either she submitted on the 01/02/2012 it's been over a month now it's stressing me out it just says application under process at bhc hope we hear something next week inshallah
General 30 -

Hang in there.....InshAllah next week will be your turn....
Inshallah I hope it is my turn next week as I'm sick of waiting please remember me in your Duas
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:15 pm

fbutt09 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:
fbutt09 wrote:@ Nazia

AoA Sis,

Hope you are well inshAllah.

Firstly please note that no two applications are the same. However I had the same questions running through my head as you did.

I submitted my application in Dec 11. It should have actually been submitted in Oct 11 when I just got married and was still in Pak. However it was not and we were lacking the English Test requirement. Therefore I left Pak and my wife then had to do the TOEIC exam in Nov and got the result in Dec 11.

Salaams, can you tell me what I should write? If you dont mind I will e-mail it to my hubby and he can copy it. I am not very good with words unless someone starts me off

Hubby said he got a lawyer in Pakistan (he is our family lawyer) who will complete everything.

All my bank statements were up till Aug 11. I had one or two other pieces of evidence in Sep 11. But majority of my documented evidence was three or four plus months old!

I got around this by writing (on the VAF form, last additional information page) that my wife was doing the TOEIC exam late hence why I didn’t have any more recent evidence to submit. ECO take everything into account so it is in your best interest to supply that information.

In hindsight I would say it worked in my favour and would recommend you to do the same. Rather than running around sending information to Pak at the eleventh hour.
Just write short bullet points on that last page to provide the ECO with as much information as possible. I worked on the premise that the more written information the better. My last page was a mini essay!

People scare you by saying the “all evidence needs to be as recent as one month and not a day older” but mines certainly was not. Just pack in as much info and write all additional info within the VAF form. Unless you have made a glaring error in your application, you will satisfy all the requirements and the ECO will have no option other than granting you a visa. Finally do dua and Im sure Allah SWT will answer your prayers.

Dua is the weapon of the mau’min. I found it to be invaluable in my case.

Best of luck and remember it will take as long as it takes. Just think twelve weeks timeframe and do constant Dua. Leave the rest in the hands of the All Mighty.

Allah Hafiz.
Jazakallah Khair for the informative reply

The vaf4a form is in Pakistan with my husband, I filled it in and sent it him, shall I tell him to get his sister to write why we havent got the latest bank statement and wage slips, it was because of his english taking time?

We have it upto 1-2nd Feburary and not all off feb and the bank statement I have the January one with me now but I doubt it will reach in time because he is submitting it in 2-3days time.
Again my situation was the same as yours. My VAF4a plus the remainder of evidence was in Pak after I left. I sent an email to my wife for all the things which should be written. She then copied verbatim.

So do the same thing. Write your exact personal situation and what you have submitted or not and a short explanation why.

The ECO will understand.

Good luck sis!

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:31 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:
jalebi wrote:
Sal5UK wrote:
jalebi wrote:"A plethora of immigration tweaks were announced yesterday, mainly of a technical nature. There is still no sign of the introduction of a minimum income level nor the ending of Tier 2 settlement applications. It is beginning to seem likely that these will be announced at short notice, probably to avoid encouraging applications under the existing rules. Consider yourselves warned."

Source: http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2012/02/14/all-change/

:(
One of them listed is: •Increase in the amounts required for maintenance for all Tiers and their dependents

Does this mean i need more savings in my bank account?
or have a higher salary?
I think these changes relate to student or work visas.
They refer to all common routes, and one of the most common route is Settlement/Spousal Visas. (I read that somewhere, so please don't quote me).
Damn, thats what i thought.. I really do hope £1800 balance is enough...

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:40 pm

XnailaX wrote:hey syma...wish u all the luck in the world sis...truely...i hpe u recieve good news!!!!!...Inshallah u will b granted visa!...im praying for u sis :)

sal5uk..r u using skype ?..the eco believe that is an excellent/strong piece of evidence to show contact?...

wht else u gona show as contact?..alot of visas r refused due to showing LACK of contact so make sure u put loads of it in!..:)

how long wer u wiv wifey in pak?...u been again after u gt married?..

umm no news down my end yet :(....jus waitng til 10 march. if i dnt hear anything..im gna let ma MP kno and shes gna try and chase them for me AGAIN :(
No im not using skype, and havent done so... Also work commitments hasnt allowed me to, time difference,, and also electricity problems back there... Also abit too late now as im submitting file in at the end of the month.
Been using lyca mobile and texts since the day i come back.. an +hour plus text messages per day... Also been using email.. an email every 2-4 days or so...
These are the things i got to show...

Some posts mentioned they printed out text messages?? Did they print out the actual texts to submit?

Got married mid october last year, was there 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after, havent been back yet as time has flown so quick.. If i had known i wouldv stayed much longer

Hoping to submit files by the end of the month...

Hope all your cases go well.. Duas for all...

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:44 pm

prince007 wrote:Hey people, My wifes visa has been refused dont know on what tho she will email me the letter later, this is really stressingg.

Can any1 tell me whats the procedure of appeal?
and what steps does it go through and how long will it take?..

App submitted 22/12/11
under process in bhc 10/01/12
ready for collection 02/03/12
refused
Damn... Sorry to hear that bro.. Heartbreaking...
Im c"%$pin it now, even tho my file will hopefully be going in by the end of the month.. Never been so stressed in my life..

Duas for you bro for your next steps...

prince007

Re: Reason of Refusal

Post by prince007 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:51 pm

Rehan Arain wrote:Salam there,

Prince 007 bro, Sorry to hear about your visa refusal........Please let us know the reason for the refusal.

The reason of refusal was because the income which was written my application form was higher then what it was in my tax accounts so they think
this is not a genuine self employment, come on ECO if there has been a mistake in the form at least you can clarify it over the phone or something, this eint no reasonnnn...

Can any1 tell me the procedure of appeal?

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:00 am

prince007 wrote:

The reason of refusal was because the income which was written my application form was higher then what it was in my tax accounts so they think
this is not a genuine self employment, come on ECO if there has been a mistake in the form at least you can clarify it over the phone or something, this eint no reasonnnn...

You mean ECO checked with HMRC to verify?

I am also applying as self-employed.. Man im just been sweating it last few weeks trying to make sure everything thing is ok with all my stuff...

Anyone applied as being self-employed and been granted visa?

What paper work do you guys think i need and make sure is correct for applying as self-employed, I really cant affored to botch it all up?

Do ECO check with HMRC to verify tax paid?

Thanks

prince007

Post by prince007 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:10 am

Sal5UK wrote:
prince007 wrote:

I am also applying as self-employed.. Man im just been sweating it last few weeks trying to make sure everything thing is ok with all my stuff...

What paper work do you guys think i need and make sure is correct for applying as self-employed, I really cant affored to botch it all up?

Thanks
Yes thats right they check, but you should be fine just makesure you write monthly income right, the only mistake was made was in the application form and over that they refused, its not no reason. my self emplyment is genuine duno whats wrong with them.

Btw what do u do as self employed?

m3y

Post by m3y » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:10 am

prince007 wrote:
Sal5UK wrote:
prince007 wrote:

Got to say some of the refusals are ridiculous... why cant the ECO take 30 mins too clarify something if there is a discrepency, instead of refusing it..

I suppose we are all just another piece of paper to them, and not human beings... the amount of appeals that get accepted, im suprised the border agency don't get in trouble for it

Thanks
Yes thats right they check, but you should be fine just makesure you write monthly income right, the only mistake was made was in the application form and over that they refused, its not no reason. my self emplyment is genuine duno whats wrong with them.

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:57 am

prince007 wrote:
Sal5UK wrote:
prince007 wrote:

Thanks

Hope it gets sorted out...

Wholesale.. family biz,, 20+ years...

m3y

Post by m3y » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of doing the A1 test at SLS? I am thinking of booking my missus onto it as it has a suitable date available.

If anyone has done the test with them could you give me an overview??

Any help appreciated

Thanks

m3y

Post by m3y » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:21 pm

m3y wrote:Hi

Does anyone have any experience of doing the A1 test at SLS? I am thinking of booking my missus onto it as it has a suitable date available.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

shazmalik

Post by shazmalik » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:16 pm

I hope my mrs gets a reply next week man i it would have been 3 weeks from wen she submitted passport i herd it can be on whole a month wen given passporr and call letter

General hasim bros i hope inshallah we hear good news i have 3 weeks off to spend with.from next wednesday
05/05/2011 applied 28/07/2011 Refused
16/08/2011 Appeal sent
07/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
16/01/2012 ECO Withdrawed in court
13/02/2012 Call letter recieved
15/02/2012 Passport Submitted
26/03/2012 Passport returned with visa stamped

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:37 pm

GOOD LUCK SHAZ, GENERAL & HASHIM...:)

am i the only 1 left who hasnt heard anythin bout appeal?? :(..

hope i hear sumthin next week 2 :)

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:39 pm

fbutt09 wrote:@ Nazia

AoA Sis,

Hope you are well inshAllah.

Firstly please note that no two applications are the same. However I had the same questions running through my head as you did.

I submitted my application in Dec 11. It should have actually been submitted in Oct 11 when I just got married and was still in Pak. However it was not and we were lacking the English Test requirement. Therefore I left Pak and my wife then had to do the TOEIC exam in Nov and got the result in Dec 11.

All my bank statements were up till Aug 11. I had one or two other pieces of evidence in Sep 11. But majority of my documented evidence was three or four plus months old!

I got around this by writing (on the VAF form, last additional information page) that my wife was doing the TOEIC exam late hence why I didn’t have any more recent evidence to submit. ECO take everything into account so it is in your best interest to supply that information.

In hindsight I would say it worked in my favour and would recommend you to do the same. Rather than running around sending information to Pak at the eleventh hour.
Just write short bullet points on that last page to provide the ECO with as much information as possible. I worked on the premise that the more written information the better. My last page was a mini essay!

People scare you by saying the “all evidence needs to be as recent as one month and not a day older” but mines certainly was not. Just pack in as much info and write all additional info within the VAF form. Unless you have made a glaring error in your application, you will satisfy all the requirements and the ECO will have no option other than granting you a visa. Finally do dua and Im sure Allah SWT will answer your prayers.

Dua is the weapon of the mau’min. I found it to be invaluable in my case.

Best of luck and remember it will take as long as it takes. Just think twelve weeks timeframe and do constant Dua. Leave the rest in the hands of the All Mighty.

Allah Hafiz.
Salaams

Can you please PM me what I can write about the bank statements/wage slips etc... and I will email it to myhubby and his lawyer there who is sorting our paperwork out will fill it in.

I am not very good woth words, i hope you dont mind.

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Any help appreciated

Thanks
My husband did it there, if your wife's standard of english is good then I would suggest there. Many people recently have passed the listening and failed the speaking by a few marks, my husband had to do it twice, passed the listening and failed the speaking. he has now passed and recieved the certificates..

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:33 pm

@Sal5UK

I think I've heard people on this forum say it's best if you have £2,500+ but only those who have got the visas can confirm what bank balance they had when they applied

@m3y

my sis in law did the A1 test at SLS. She found it easy as she had recently been studying at college and said it was all done on computer and they showed you a picture and you had to pick a statement that was right. She went to ISB to sit her test.

My (other) sis in law just received her ID card. She is saying however that tutors at SLS are telling her to study the reading and writing modules of the test as in April the rules for the English test are changing.. Anyone else been told the same?

Also wanted to ask about the amount of wage slips a person needs to submit their papers. It's supposed to be 3 months minimum but do you need to have been employed for a year atleast?
Last edited by jalebi on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

henna786

Post by henna786 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi everyone,my visa online has changed to application frwd to bhc today,
what's the next stage to this, please anyone help,
I have heard next step might me to get a call.:-(
just don't understand, stressing.!:(
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

m3y

Post by m3y » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:26 pm

*Nazia wrote:

Any help appreciated

Thanks
My husband did it there, if your wife's standard of english is good then I would suggest there. Many people recently have passed the listening and failed the speaking by a few marks, my husband had to do it twice, passed the listening and failed the speaking. he has now passed and recieved the certificates..
if u fail one section do u have to take the full test again?

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:49 am

hey henna...hpe ur ok..

next stage might b that u, ur huby or ur employer wil get a call...and if not, wel then jus sit tight and it shud say 'ready for collection''..Inshallah..al the best sis :)

jalebi..3 months wageslips is fine..and NO u dnt need to b workin for over a year...i gathered my first 3 months and submitted them wiv case :)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:50 am

m3y..no u jus retake the part u failed on..not the whole test again :)

wht the hell...ppl jus seem to dissapear and nevr giv us an update on owt lol..whers sayyidi bro gone?...he submittd his docs on 21st feb or summat....wonder if they r under proces?..

m.k. good luck wiv ur hubys english test...he's got his test tmrow right?..lol..(am i freaking u out again sis lol hehhehehehehe)..