ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:13 am

Exquisit33 wrote:Guys I know I am thinking way ahead of myself and time.. but I was wondering how does ILR work?

What kind of documents should I start preparing or will be needed at the time of ILR for my hubby.

When is one eligible to apply for ILR?

1. Does my hubby need to start work, additionally pay Tax to prove he has been working?
2. Do we need to have a joint bank account in both our names?

What else is needed?

Thank you :wink:
With the marriage visa, you're husband is granted indefinite leave to remain after 2 years and provided you are both happily married after two years then he will be granted settlement and citizenship after another 1 year.

The requirements are pretty basic in that you aren't relying on public funds for income, and have suitable accommodation and aren't planning on separating.

Both of you will need to show proof that you can support yourselves so I am guessing he will need to have his own bank account. No criminal offences. One thing is the Life in the UK test, which he will have to sit after 2 years depending on which English Language Test he done before applying for the visa.

I would think by showing proof to support then he might need to have work from somewhere, but you applied for the visa and got the visa, so if you can prove that you are both relying on you're income solely from employment then that could be fine too, because you're husbands visa was granted on that basis....
Submitted: 15/07/2011 - Lahore
Rejected
Appeal Lodged: 9/09/2011
AIT Date given: 30th January 2012
** Decision Overturned **
Call In Letter Received: 31st January 2012.
Passport Collected ** 14th March 2012 **

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:16 am

Exquisit33 wrote:Do National Insurance cards still exist?

Apparantly they don't send NI cards out anymore but just send a letter with the NI number on.. is that a new system? :?
They do still exist, but often if you want proof of you're NI number then they said it out on a piece of paper.

If you want a replacement card, then its a long process, get one eventually though..
Rejected

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:20 am

Mush2012 wrote: AND As you have probably noticed this Topic has been hijacked by people who have sent their applications in and are awaiting responses, asking for / giving duas to each other and they are not interested in answering queries like yours. Allah sees all, especially selfish deeds.
Almost 800 pages in the thread, a great deal of advice and well wishes mixed in with solid facts.

There is no need to have a go at people who are giving Dua to each other, and everyone in this thread is on the same boat in that they are waiting anxiously.

It can be frustrating, when you have an unanswered question, if you can't wait then PM someone..

Also, I think everyone would appreciate if this thread wasn't "hijacked" by someone who criticises it.
Rejected

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:22 am

XnailaX wrote:oi mush..whats ur problem??...u dnt want our duas?..

if we not replyin its NOT COS WE DNT CARE.....IF WE DINT CARE, WE WUDN B GIVING DUAS TO EASE UR DIFFICULTIES!!!....STUPID IDIOT!
It's the Dua that comes in handy during the wait when you are waiting, people on the same boat and the good news that comes in affects everyone else..

Cant expect someone who hasn't applied yet to understand it.. don't waste you're energy
Rejected

Mush2012

Post by Mush2012 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:04 am

if we not replyin its NOT COS WE DNT CARE.....IF WE DINT CARE, WE WUDN B GIVING DUAS TO EASE UR DIFFICULTIES!!!....STUPID IDIOT!
Xnaila, it is clear from your reply, you feel my remark was aimed at you, I do want duas BUT consider advice as a practical act that Allah (swt) will reward the giver.

Shouting and calling names shows me exactly where you are coming from.

I suggest you try and remember what it was like when you were preparing to send in your application. All the stress and self doubts, that you have sent in everything correctly and dreading that you will get refused on a technicality.

Maybe you could reply to requests for information with a reply stating that your duas are with the poster but you don’t know what they are asking about then they would know you cared.

Islam preaches tolerance and support for others and to take criticisms and endeavour to become better human beings, not resort to shouting and name calling.

My duas go to all the people applying and awaiting decisions.

But my comment regarding giving advice still stands, everyone comes here to get information, and this post is huge and many changes to procedures and law has occurred people just want to be reassured that what they are doing is current and up-to-date and will lead to a visa being granted.

My whole family and all my friends are giving me duas, I and others come here for advice and information from people who have travelled down this road already.

May Allah (swt) answer all your duas.
Allah hafiz
Last edited by Mush2012 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

arif786

Post by arif786 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 am

Hi all

Why have the applications gone to embassy for processing.
Its very confusing could we all please comment and share our understandings.

First of all the british high commission is in islamabad pakistan
The british embassy is in abu dhabi.
So why are they being processed in both places.
Also i though spouse applications only go to BHC whereas student applications go to embassy?
I await replies
Good luck all :)

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:12 am

You're being very rude towards him when he's gone out of his way to give useful advice. You should apologise

I would like to say that whilst the Nikah Nama and the translation is easier for those in bigger cities, those from smaller towns and regions, will need to do what is suitable for them. In our city you have the same process in terms of Nikah Nama, 2 copies of it and one is stamped by the union council.

The most important thing for you to do is make sure you get an english translation, it doesn't have to be perfect English, but good enough. Make sure it's stamped by some notary. Ours was stamped by the notary in our town, cost us 200 rupees for someone to translate into English, they have done it before and will guide you. The notary stamp for us cost 1000 rupees. Historically everyone we know has done it the same way from our town, that's 6/7 couples and they're nikahs and the translations were accepted.

General30

Post by General30 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:25 am

Alhamdulilah my wife has Recieved her passport with visa stamped Thankyou all for your Duas may Allah make the wait easy for you all and bring you good news really soon Ameen
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

Mush2012

Post by Mush2012 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:37 am

king2be98 wrote:

You're being very rude towards him when he's gone out of his way to give useful advice. You should apologise

I would like to say that whilst the Nikah Nama and the translation is easier for those in bigger cities, those from smaller towns and regions, will need to do what is suitable for them. In our city you have the same process in terms of Nikah Nama, 2 copies of it and one is stamped by the union council.

The most important thing for you to do is make sure you get an english translation, it doesn't have to be perfect English, but good enough. Make sure it's stamped by some notary. Ours was stamped by the notary in our town, cost us 200 rupees for someone to translate into English, they have done it before and will guide you. The notary stamp for us cost 1000 rupees. Historically everyone we know has done it the same way from our town, that's 6/7 couples and they're nikahs and the translations were accepted.
AOA king2be98,

I am reassured by your post, I think when zakman reads the posts he will find your and mine more informative than Hashim89 and XnailaX posts.

Neither could address the actual contents which we/you did, my duas go to XnailaX and hope she gets her visa granted.

Also like Hashim89 said I don't understand the stress that a refusal and appeals feel like, which is why I would have thought they would want to give advice so no-one else gets to feel like that, I know I would give advice so people avoided that feeling.

Anyway appreciate your comments and hope this helps zakman, I will not be commenting about the behavour of people on here, all I ask is that queries should not go unanswered for too long.

May Allah (swt) answer all your duas

Allah hafiz

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:50 am

The thing that makes everything 100 times worse is when you fret and worry and don't keep yourselves busy. I've beenb working like a maniac and I advise others to as well, so that it helps kill the time, boredom and that lonely feeling.

For those who are thinking of applying, we give you the following advice.

1. Make sure you tell the truth. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS tell the truth.
2. Make sure your spouse meets the English requirement, the A1 test takes about 5 weeks from the point of booking a test to the certificate being received provided.
3. The Nikah Namas and their translations vary depending on teh reigion you are from, it's best to speak to someone from yoru area as they will have knowledge and know what needs to be done.
4. If you have been married for a long time and are only applying now, then make sure you have proof of communication, that's prrof of communication for the ENTIRE period you were away. One of my friends was refused on this ground recently.
5. Prepare for a 12 week wait, don't do what others are doing by expecting a 5 week VISA to be granted, it won't happen. So please wait until they contact you.

kar14
Newly Registered

Post by kar14 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Status changed today!

"Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 03/06/2012"

I'm worried this means a rejection? Don't they normally let you know that it has been sent to the Application Centre and as such it takes about 5 days to arrive there??

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Mush2012 wrote:
I am reassured by your post, I think when zakman reads the posts he will find your and mine more informative than Hashim89 and XnailaX posts.

Neither could address the actual contents which we/you did, my duas go to XnailaX and hope she gets her visa granted.

Also like Hashim89 said I don't understand the stress that a refusal and appeals feel like, which is why I would have thought they would want to give advice so no-one else gets to feel like that, I know I would give advice so people avoided that feeling.
The environment in this thread, doesn't welcome any sort of literal conflict in any way whatsoever. Also to suggest that someone else will find your post more informative than another is immature aswell.

I wish you well brother, and I'll try and help you by explaining what I have experienced.

Nevertheless, none of us work for the UK Border Agency where we can rubber stamp passports with UK visas on them..

I would wish no one feels the way my wife and I have felt over the last year or so, no matter how much advice I or anyone else including you give, it won't make a difference to the overall decision as most people here go through a solicitor or read fine print detail anyway.

I'm a Glaswegian like yourself, and from experience just giving hope to one another seems to be the best method going around at the moment. It reignites belief in a sense.

You will come to know eventually ;)

Naila and everyone else give Mush a break, he is new here and the process has stressed everyone out at one time or another.
Rejected

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:11 pm

kar14 wrote:Status changed today!

"Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 03/06/2012"

I'm worried this means a rejection? Don't they normally let you know that it has been sent to the Application Centre and as such it takes about 5 days to arrive there??
Can never be sure, just be positive ! :)
Rejected

kar14
Newly Registered

Post by kar14 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Hashim89 wrote:

Dude, your answer does not fill me with confidence!

Have people had my status quoted above and then gone on to receive a positive outcome? {{Any successful applicants still viewing this thread?!}}

I'm also worried that our status is not the same as the new status people have been experiencing i.e. forwarded to Embassy for processing - anyone know more about why people have been seeing that status?

hamid1991
Newly Registered

Post by hamid1991 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:52 pm

salaams

is there any december applicants still waitingg?

-------------
27/01/2012
09/02/2012
waitingg!!

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 pm

kar14 wrote:
Hashim89 wrote:

Have people had my status quoted above and then gone on to receive a positive outcome? {{Any successful applicants still viewing this thread?!}}

I'm also worried that our status is not the same as the new status people have been experiencing i.e. forwarded to Embassy for processing - anyone know more about why people have been seeing that status?
I'm sorry to hear that dude, but I'm afraid you're confidence is the best thing you have at the moment.

As far as I know, I have two cousins who had the same status as you. 1 of them had a positive outcome (stamped passport) and the other a negative outcome (Visa application rejected).

Exactly, why I said you can't be sure, and to be just positive.

People getting quite agitated on the forums today...
Rejected

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:06 pm

I take it no one has figured out what the "Forwarded to the embassy for processing" means.

So let's see what we can gather. Applicants from late December through to early February have had this status update and it's occurred in the last 3 days.

We also know that the December applicants should be pretty much complete by now, so it leads us to believe that the December applicants should be expecting a response very soon to collect their passport, if they do and our status is the same as Jan/Feb applicants, then we should expect a response swiftly too. I still don't think that's fair, it should always be a first come first serve thing and December applicants should be dealt with before Jan applicants.

kar14
Newly Registered

Post by kar14 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Hashim89 wrote:
kar14 wrote:
Hashim89 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that dude, but I'm afraid you're confidence is the best thing you have at the moment.

As far as I know, I have two cousins who had the same status as you. 1 of them had a positive outcome (stamped passport) and the other a negative outcome (Visa application rejected).

Thanks bro, that's the answer I was looking for!

I was worried my latest status was a given that we had been refused. The reason being that I thought once the status changes to state that a decision had been made, then it take up to 5 days for the documents to reach your Application Centre, however, it's stating that the documents are ready for collection now.

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:40 pm

kar14 wrote:
Hashim89 wrote:
kar14 wrote:
Hashim89 wrote:

Thanks bro, that's the answer I was looking for!

I was worried my latest status was a given that we had been refused. The reason being that I thought once the status changes to state that a decision had been made, then it take up to 5 days for the documents to reach your Application Centre, however, it's stating that the documents are ready for collection now.
You're welcome bro. All the best !
Rejected

Rucy786

Post by Rucy786 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Immigration and Asylum Tribunal

My wife has appealed and how long do they take to reply?

shazmalik

Post by shazmalik » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Hashim bro wen will our turn be its been 3 weeks this wednesday yaar and 4 for u :(
05/05/2011 applied 28/07/2011 Refused
16/08/2011 Appeal sent
07/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
16/01/2012 ECO Withdrawed in court
13/02/2012 Call letter recieved
15/02/2012 Passport Submitted
26/03/2012 Passport returned with visa stamped

henna786

Post by henna786 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:59 pm

so stressed out :( my hubby just told me people are getting quick reply back there are people who applied on the 8/9 got a reply back in 15days!
also people are saying the more time the eco are taking can lead to an appeal i hope not! :(
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Waiting PPl

Post by Gregarious » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Dear All,

Please update the status of your pending application; as I am one of them in waiting list. I submitted my docs on 17 Feb 2012, n still pending

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:47 pm

@Hashim89

Can you please explain your case, it has been refused or stilll pending?

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:03 pm

shazmalik wrote:Hashim bro wen will our turn be its been 3 weeks this wednesday yaar and 4 for u :(
I know its been a month already, I'm hoping we hear some good news this week Inshallah..

They take their time don't they ?
Rejected