ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ngoo
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by Ngoo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:44 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:11 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:04 pm
snooky wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:51 pm
Ngoo wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:52 pm
@Mubashir and Snooky!

I received the Acknowledgment Of Notice Of Appeal today.
Basically the letter says this is to acknowledge receipt of your appeal to the First -Tier Tribunal.
You will be informed of the progress of your appeal in due course.
When I submitted the appeal they stated that, if i have new evidence or additional information it should be sent to them. So , I sent the copies of my 2nd child passport and birth certificate which wasn’t included in the initial application. Because I only submitted the passport of my 15years old child.

What should I do to have a good chance to win the appeal? Thanks
Mubashir

Make sure you send school Letter GP letter and puctures of the whole family

If you have and submitted enough documentations already then just wait for a letter from post telling you your appeal is allowed

Congrats
I am also adding my and my wife pay slips referring that if our appel is unsuccessful we will not able to continue our jobs. As coa confirms thst we will not have right to work in uk whn my appel righs finish.
I am waiting for home office bundle to come first as they need to send me 48 hrs b4 mine is due to send. In Skelton of argument i need to put HO bundle and page reference no. So i am waiting for that.
Dont worry about Home Office. Their bundle is copied letters you Sent and the application. They got nothing to add.

Dont send payslips because with EEA EU applications there is no financial requirements and not important.

All what is important is school Reports, letters from GP Dentist school Optician and puctures. Letters addressed to you from kids school or GP

You will be fine
@Snooky,
Ah, cool. I have submitted copies of everything that you have mentioned apart from pictures. Though I submitted copies of all our passports and their full birth certificate can back that up. Thank you

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:45 pm

@Mubashir

The puctures show Judges how United and oneness the family is. As a family unite that says alot of story. Puctures dont liar.

Send those family puctures asap

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:49 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:36 pm
@Mubashir,
Brilliant! I have sent lots of documents such as school reports , doctor’s letter, letter from my employer, letter from my son’s football club. Though I didn’t include pictures. I have no clue what to argue 🤣i would love to see what your arguments are if the HO demand for it. Me too, I will represent myself on paper 😊,many thanks
Ngoo

Now that a Judge is on the case, Home Office can't demand anything from you. In Tribunal, the onus (burden of proof) is shifted from the Home Office to you so do all that is possible to proof ultra vires

Good luck to you all

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 pm

Hi all, I called the EU resolution centre yesterday and asked for an update on my application but was given none and told it was in progress and with a case worker. I reminded the guy it was a month and asked to speak to a manager. He checked and told me there was none (he said it was past 5pm and most of them had gone home). He suggested he would leave a note for a manager to give me a call. I waited till this afternoon but no call came. I called again and as usual the lady said it was with the case worker in progress... I asked to speak to a manager again, she checked and told me they were in a meeting. I asked her if the meeting started immediately the managers came to work, she said no, I asked her how come none of them called me up until before the meeting despite the note left for them by the guy yesterday. She suggested again to leave her own note asking them to call me, we agreed on anytime till 8pm tonight. I got the call after 7pm and the manager introduced himself after the security questions he asked how he could help me. I told him it’s a month and I haven’t received a decision yet. He politely said the usual paper application takes time and all, and he ‘nicely’ told me sorry but that he had no update for me. He was so polite that I broke down in tears. (He could hear my child consoling me in the background) He started ‘he called my name and and asked me to relax counted 1,2,3,4,5 asked me to breathe innnnnnn, outttttttt, 1,2,3,4,5, breathe innnnnnn, outtttttt.....’ He continued until I calmed down, in between the counts, he kept on reminding me that I have a valid COA. He kept on emphasising that what matters is that I have a valid a COA , that so far I have that COA it was just a matter of time and a decision will come. He then gave me a technique and told me that whenever I start panicking about not receiving a decision yet, I should say to myself ‘I have a valid Certificate of application from the home office, my application to the settlement centre is valid’. He reminded me several times that paper application are dealt with by hand, all the submitted documents checked by hand, all the facts we filled in checked and cross checked by hand, unlike the EU citizens applications which are done electronically. He asked me to get a pen a paper, he spelt his name and asked me to write it down, he told me what days and times he is on duty and asked me to feel free to call him anytime. He told me to give them another month (not again). I thanked him and he asked me to go on with what I was doing before the call. I told him I was having dinner and invited him to join me. He then told me he would soon have his in a couple of hours and wished me a good evening. THE END.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:05 pm

How on earth have you been able to wait since June, July ?.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:15 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:49 pm
Ngoo wrote:
@Mubashir,
Brilliant! I have sent lots of documents such as school reports , doctor’s letter, letter from my employer, letter from my son’s football club. Though I didn’t include pictures. I have no clue what to argue 🤣i would love to see what your arguments are if the HO demand for it. Me too, I will represent myself on paper 😊,many thanks
Ngoo

Now that a Judge is on the case, Home Office can't demand anything from you. In Tribunal, the onus (burden of proof) is shifted from the Home Office to you so do all that is possible to proof ultra vires

Good luck to you all
@Snooky,
That’s great. Happy to hear that the HO will give me some breathing space.... I will send some pictures to them as soon as possible. Many thanks

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:31 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 pm
Hi all, I called the EU resolution centre yesterday and asked for an update on my application but was given none and told it was in progress and with a case worker. I reminded the guy it was a month and asked to speak to a manager. He checked and told me there was none (he said it was past 5pm and most of them had gone home). He suggested he would leave a note for a manager to give me a call. I waited till this afternoon but no call came. I called again and as usual the lady said it was with the case worker in progress... I asked to speak to a manager again, she checked and told me they were in a meeting. I asked her if the meeting started immediately the managers came to work, she said no, I asked her how come none of them called me up until before the meeting despite the note left for them by the guy yesterday. She suggested again to leave her own note asking them to call me, we agreed on anytime till 8pm tonight. I got the call after 7pm and the manager introduced himself after the security questions he asked how he could help me. I told him it’s a month and I haven’t received a decision yet. He politely said the usual paper application takes time and all, and he ‘nicely’ told me sorry but that he had no update for me. He was so polite that I broke down in tears. (He could hear my child consoling me in the background) He started ‘he called my name and and asked me to relax counted 1,2,3,4,5 asked me to breathe innnnnnn, outttttttt, 1,2,3,4,5, breathe innnnnnn, outtttttt.....’ He continued until I calmed down, in between the counts, he kept on reminding me that I have a valid COA. He kept on emphasising that what matters is that I have a valid a COA , that so far I have that COA it was just a matter of time and a decision will come. He then gave me a technique and told me that whenever I start panicking about not receiving a decision yet, I should say to myself ‘I have a valid Certificate of application from the home office, my application to the settlement centre is valid’. He reminded me several times that paper application are dealt with by hand, all the submitted documents checked by hand, all the facts we filled in checked and cross checked by hand, unlike the EU citizens applications which are done electronically. He asked me to get a pen a paper, he spelt his name and asked me to write it down, he told me what days and times he is on duty and asked me to feel free to call him anytime. He told me to give them another month (not again). I thanked him and he asked me to go on with what I was doing before the call. I told him I was having dinner and invited him to join me. He then told me he would soon have his in a couple of hours and wished me a good evening. THE END.
@Lulubaby,
Don’t panic be rest- assured you will get a positive outcome very soon. It is well with you. Remember, delay is not denial. Take care

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:14 am

Ngoo wrote:
@Mubashir,
. Awwwww, good-luck Ngoo

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:19 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:25 pm
Ngoo wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:52 pm
@Mubashir and Snooky!

I received the Acknowledgment Of Notice Of Appeal today.
Basically the letter says this is to acknowledge receipt of your appeal to the First -Tier Tribunal.
You will be informed of the progress of your appeal in due course.
When I submitted the appeal they stated that, if i have new evidence or additional information it should be sent to them. So , I sent the copies of my 2nd child passport and birth certificate which wasn’t included in the initial application. Because I only submitted the passport of my 15years old child.

What should I do to have a good chance to win the appeal? Thanks
I have been asked to send my written evidence and submission until 19 march to court and HO need ro send me documents to me until 17 to me. I have made Skelton of argument for me including submissions. I am doing all by muself without solicitor.🤣
Will keep u updated
Good luck Mubashir1981, you will be fine.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:41 am

Ngoo wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:31 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 pm
@Lulubaby,
Don’t panic be rest- assured you will get a positive outcome very soon. It is well with you. Remember, delay is not denial. Take care
. Thanks

Rosh1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by Rosh1234 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:16 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:35 am
Rosh1234 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:58 am
Hi guys,

I’ve been following this thread for a while and I read all your contributions to this topic but all the information here have confused me. I’m sorry for asking a question that’s already been answered by many but I am going through a very hard period of time in life leading to depression and I’m finding it hard to make much sense to a lot that’s been written. Can someone please be kind enough to give me a simplified answer to my questions below

1. I currently have 2.5 years LTR under 10 year route on the basis of my child, granted in December 2018. I am due for first renewal next year May. My daughter who turned 10 last December, has a pending home office British registration( Form T) application and by God’s grace, should be registered as British citizen in the coming months. What are my chances of successfully applying for EU pre settlement?

2. Prior to the home office deciding my LTR application in 2018, I started a new relationship. Subsequently, I got married religiously and my daughters and I have started living with my husband. We have also welcomed a new baby two months ago. My husband has overstayed his visa in the UK. We have been advised to submit a human rights application following the registration of my daughter as a British citizen but I wanted to know if my husband can be added to the application ( if I am eligible to apply for EU pre settlement as a career of a British child) . He has not legally adopted my daughter ( due to his immigration status) but he’s involved in her life. Following the solicitor’s advice, we are trying to acquire proof of his involvement in her life and we should be able to gather some evidence in the coming months.

I would be very grateful if anyone could answer these questions for me.

Thanks in advance
Rosh1234

My friend dont get depress. Be strong irrespective of the situation. Soldiers fight wars. We are all Soldiers. Lol

Now to your questions

1. There is nothing in the EEA Regulations Derivative Right To Reside 2016 which stops you to apply for Zambrano right to reside.

2. EU Settlement Scheme is a bit dicey and different when it comes to its implementations. First of all, EU Settlement Scheme is not under EU RULES

If you think you are a Zambrano Carer then I would advice you to apply for under the EEA Regulations Zambrano which Home Office will respond very quickly and moreover refuse it too. The good thing is you would have an appeal right under section 36 of the regulations then a Judge would make a good decision.

With EU Settlement Scheme Home Office is not responding quickly and you could be in for a long time and that could increase your anxiety. Those who have already got Zambrano would be given EU Settlement Scheme either settled or pre-settled no matter what comes because they have been assessed already according to the EU Settlement Scheme caseworkers guidance stage 1-4.

Now as your child has turned 10 years by living in the UK continuously, the Home Office would make your child a British under section 1(4). Your Zambrano right will only start on the day the certificate is granted.

With your husband's he can't join to do Zambrano derivative or EU Settlement Scheme as his child isnt having a derivative right and the british child isnt his too. The only way he can be Included is to go to Court for Parental Responsibility Order. Adoption a lengthy process which involves money and take years.

He could do Appendix FM application under EX1 or flr as partner if he could show he has lived with you for 2 years as you do the Zambrano.

EU Settlement Scheme is a British promise to secure all EU right

Dear Snooky,

Thank you so much for your helpful advice. I think I’ll just have to wait for my daughter’s certification to come through for now and then take the next step forward

Regards

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:57 pm

Rosh1234 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:16 pm
snooky wrote:
Rosh1234 wrote:
Hi guys,

I’ve been following this thread for a while and I read all your contributions to this topic but all the information here have confused me. I’m sorry for asking a question that’s already been answered by many but I am going through a very hard period of time in life leading to depression and I’m finding it hard to make much sense to a lot that’s been written. Can someone please be kind enough to give me a simplified answer to my questions below

1. I currently have 2.5 years LTR under 10 year route on the basis of my child, granted in December 2018. I am due for first renewal next year May. My daughter who turned 10 last December, has a pending home office British registration( Form T) application and by God’s grace, should be registered as British citizen in the coming months. What are my chances of successfully applying for EU pre settlement?

2. Prior to the home office deciding my LTR application in 2018, I started a new relationship. Subsequently, I got married religiously and my daughters and I have started living with my husband. We have also welcomed a new baby two months ago. My husband has overstayed his visa in the UK. We have been advised to submit a human rights application following the registration of my daughter as a British citizen but I wanted to know if my husband can be added to the application ( if I am eligible to apply for EU pre settlement as a career of a British child) . He has not legally adopted my daughter ( due to his immigration status) but he’s involved in her life. Following the solicitor’s advice, we are trying to acquire proof of his involvement in her life and we should be able to gather some evidence in the coming months.

Thanks in advance
Rosh1234

My friend dont get depress. Be strong irrespective of the situation. Soldiers fight wars. We are all Soldiers. Lol

Now to your questions

1. There is nothing in the EEA Regulations Derivative Right To Reside 2016 which stops you to apply for Zambrano right to reside.

2. EU Settlement Scheme is a bit dicey and different when it comes to its implementations. First of all, EU Settlement Scheme is not under EU RULES

If you think you are a Zambrano Carer then I would advice you to apply for under the EEA Regulations Zambrano which Home Office will respond very quickly and moreover refuse it too. The good thing is you would have an appeal right under section 36 of the regulations then a Judge would make a good decision.

With EU Settlement Scheme Home Office is not responding quickly and you could be in for a long time and that could increase your anxiety. Those who have already got Zambrano would be given EU Settlement Scheme either settled or pre-settled no matter what comes because they have been assessed already according to the EU Settlement Scheme caseworkers guidance stage 1-4.

Now as your child has turned 10 years by living in the UK continuously, the Home Office would make your child a British under section 1(4). Your Zambrano right will only start on the day the certificate is granted.

With your husband's he can't join to do Zambrano derivative or EU Settlement Scheme as his child isnt having a derivative right and the british child isnt his too. The only way he can be Included is to go to Court for Parental Responsibility Order. Adoption a lengthy process which involves money and take years.

He could do Appendix FM application under EX1 or flr as partner if he could show he has lived with you for 2 years as you do the Zambrano.

Dear Snooky,

Thank you so much for your helpful advice. I think I’ll just have to wait for my daughter’s certification to come through for now and then take the next step forward

Regards
Whn did u submitted application for registration?

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi all,
So after waiting months to have my decision I got contacted recently, not to give me my decision but to request more information.

At first they could not tell me what information they wanted, I had to ask them to be specific as to what the case worker needed to grant my settled status. First they wanted more residency docs then it was more proof of being a carer to my child , they then said both, then settled on the idea they needed to be sure I'm a carer and I should send in more information.
Told them I gave all I have and cannot guarantee I can provide more .
Manage to send in a few more docs that is really not much different from what I already gave initially.

I do hope I get a decision within the next few days.

Best wishes

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:33 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:04 pm
Hi all,
So after waiting months to have my decision I got contacted recently, not to give me my decision but to request more information.

At first they could not tell me what information they wanted, I had to ask them to be specific as to what the case worker needed to grant my settled status. First they wanted more residency docs then it was more proof of being a carer to my child , they then said both, then settled on the idea they needed to be sure I'm a carer and I should send in more information.
Manage to send in a few more docs that is really not much different from what I already gave initially.

Best wishes
This what is called progress. Just see your GP or child school to redo letters stating You have been know to them for (5 ish) and all will be fine within the following weeks.

Your case is at the decision stage Chris90, good luck

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:00 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Hi all,

Best wishes
Have u been contacted by post or email?

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:19 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:00 pm
Chris90 wrote:

Told them I gave all I have and cannot guarantee I can p
Sent by post.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:18 am

Chris90 wrote:
Hi all,

Best wishes
. Home Office- Confused.com. Finally, they are doing something. You are now in the last lap of your journey. Good luck.

graccey
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by graccey » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:14 am

Good day all,
I submitted my paper application in late may 2019, did my biometrics on the 16 June 2019, received COA dated 11th July 2019. Heard nothing since then. I have called EU resolution Centre severally but they keep saying its being processed. What else do you advise I do? I am a mum of a British child who is now 10yrs with 2.5 LLR.
Thanks

Rosh1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by Rosh1234 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:16 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:57 pm
Rosh1234 wrote:
snooky wrote:
Rosh1234 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance
Rosh1234

Now to your questions

Dear Snooky,

Regards

It’s been only 2 weeks, so it’s going to be a good few months before I hear anything. Do you know how long it takes for them to make a decision on a form T application? I know the standard processing time is 6 months and unlike the MN1 form, this one takes longer.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:28 am

Chris90 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:19 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:00 pm
Chris90 wrote:

Told them I gave all I have and cannot guarantee I can p
Sent by post.
Hi Chris90

You will receive a good news soon.

What is your background do you hold any LTR and if you do is it under domestic or EE Regulation ?

Many thanks

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:50 am

Rosh1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:16 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
Rosh1234 wrote:
snooky wrote:

Rosh1234

Now to your questions

Dear Snooky,

Regards

It’s been only 2 weeks, so it’s going to be a good few months before I hear anything. Do you know how long it takes for them to make a decision on a form T application? I know the standard processing time is 6 months and unlike the MN1 form, this one takes longer.
I applied for my child on 5th April 2019 same day biomatric paid extra i think 260.
Got certificate on 1st aug dated 29th july.

Rosh1234
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by Rosh1234 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:02 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:50 am
Rosh1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:16 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
Rosh1234 wrote:

Dear Snooky,

Regards

I applied for my child on 5th April 2019 same day biomatric paid extra i think 260.
Got certificate on 1st aug dated 29th july.
I’m praying it’s as quick as that for me too. I’m willing to pay extra for her biometrics. We plan to go home for my brother’s wedding in august. I really hope she will be able to travel with me as we will be going home after 10 long years and I would like her to be part of this joyful occasion.

apollo_alpha
United Kingdom

Post by apollo_alpha » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:20 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Hi all,

Best wishes
@Chris90

Can you please tell us if you are on the 2.5years Leave to Remain?

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:04 am

@apollo alpha,
No I am not on 2.5 leave.

I do hope so, I do hope this coming to an end soon.. Im tired of checking my mailbox.
Still waiting to hear back after giving evidence. Let's see what they do. Will post here when I know what they doing.

Keep on making noise, don't let them discourage us from wanting this done, most of us been waiting very long.

Best wishes

Tito1312
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Tito1312 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:22 am

Hello everyone,
Congratulations to those who have received their decisions, we will all rejoice by God's grace.
My family hold 2.5yrs leave to remain which expires next week. Myself and husband have applied for joint carer under zambrano as our second child is British. This should be our 3rd renewal. We have heard anything from EU settlement scheme although we have had biometric done and had our COA in November. My issue is that our first child is not British and is turning 18 soon and due to go uni and since we haven't put in for renewal as we waiting for the EU decision, what are his chances. I am confused as I don't want to jeopadice his schooling . Although we put his name as other dependant on the form. Any advice on what to do. The unis are asking for evidence of renewal. I am just so confused. Please help and advice.
Thank you all