ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

snooky
United Kingdom

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by snooky » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:33 pm

lilee13 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:29 am
@Snooky, I am Nigerian.
Hi

You have the right to reside under CHEN regulation or wider EU laws.

Zambrano is not for you and the good news is that recent cases have removed the self sufficient requirement from chen principles.

Chen cases at times are looked at with speed by the home Office so why not

Good luck

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:51 pm

@njazzy
Sorry to hear your refusal under the settlement scheme.
I seriously cannot get the HO.They should stop playing dangerous games with people’s future.

@ Snooky, you are right. Fighting through the court is a good idea as they know that sometimes we throw in the towel first. I am going to start saving up to get myself a good solicitor. Just waiting for the 26th April to start mounting pressure on them.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:54 pm

@Snooky,

How does the Home Office access Zambrano carers? Thanks

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:14 pm

apollo_alpha wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:33 pm
njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:29 pm
njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 pm
Guys just to let you know that I have been refused. Just got a letter today . CoA dated 9th July. Refusal dated 9th March. Will go through the letter and let you know of the reasons.

Refused because I currently have leave to remain. And the scheme is meant for people who do not already have leave to remain. Well, I think that’s what they have finally agreed to do. I just have to prepare and start applying for my extension. All the best and keep your fingers crossed.
Hi njazzy,

Sorry to hear that outcome.

Were you given a right of appeal and do you plan to appeal it if given the right to do so?
Yes. I was given right to appeal. Is it worth appealing?

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:15 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:49 pm
njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:02 pm
it says both.
When ur leave is going to expired?
Now i belive this scheme is only for those who already have drv card.
My LTR will expire 23 May. 2020

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:16 pm

Abuken1 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:37 pm
njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:29 pm
njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 pm
Guys just to let you know that I have been refused. Just got a letter today . CoA dated 9th July. Refusal dated 9th March. Will go through the letter and let you know of the reasons.

Refused because I currently have leave to remain. And the scheme is meant for people who do not already have leave to remain. Well, I think that’s what they have finally agreed to do. I just have to prepare and start applying for my extension. All the best and keep your fingers crossed.
So sad to hear about this.
Where you only on 2.5 yrs leave to remain or you also have a Derivative Residence Card (DRC). Thanks.
Only leave to remain please.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:18 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
njazzy wrote:
it says both.
You are right. People with DRV or no leave to remain at all are those to be considered.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:27 pm

njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:18 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
njazzy wrote:
it says both.
You are right. People with DRV or no leave to remain at all are those to be considered.
Also important to note that you are not technically the primary carer of the child as the child lives with their Italian mother who holds PR, as you have stayed many times across your FLR FP topics.

This also likely taken into account in refusing your zambrano primary carer pre settled status application as the child would in no way be disadvantage or have to leave the UK if you didn't get status and you had to leave.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lilee13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by lilee13 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:43 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:33 pm
lilee13 wrote:
@Snooky, I am Nigerian.
Hi

Zambrano is not for you and the good news is that recent cases have removed the self sufficient requirement from chen principles.

Good luck
Thanks, Snooky. But I have to ask, why Chen and not Zambrano. I just need to be clear on this.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:27 pm
njazzy wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
njazzy wrote:
it says both.
Also important to note that you are not technically the primary carer of the child as the child lives with their Italian mother who holds PR, as you have stayed many times across your FLR FP topics.

This also likely taken into account in refusing your zambrano primary carer pre settled status application as the child would in no way be disadvantage or have to leave the UK if you didn't get status and you had to leave.
You are right but just to let you know that On the application forms they gave two options which are sole primary carer and joint primary carer. I falled under joint primary carer.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:28 pm

njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:20 pm
CR001 wrote:
njazzy wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:

You are right but just to let you know that On the application forms they gave two options which are sole primary carer and joint primary carer. I falled under joint primary carer.
In joint primary carer both carer should require to leave then it will considered. For example both have no leave to remain.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
njazzy wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
njazzy wrote:
it says both.

In that case in refusal should state that too that he is not primary carer.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:19 pm

@2.5 LTR Members and those without Derivatives already

As per the new Zambrano guidance under EU settlement scheme published on February this year explains;

The Home Office caseworkers would try and refuse all applications made by you if

1. You have more than 28 days leave at the time of decision
2. If you have never had Zambrano under EEA

This problem isn't caused by the law but by Home Office guidance.

What you all could do is to take advantage of your appeal right. Home Office knows refusing is contrary to the law but as far as their illegal guidance stays then is cool

There's no provision in the eea regulations that says, there should be domestic immigration applicantion made first and/or having controlled immigration leave should make you ineligible .

Remember PSIC CAN are allowed under regulation 16(7) to7A

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:38 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:19 pm

As per the new Zambrano guidance under EU settlement scheme published on February this year explains;

The Home Office caseworkers would try and refuse all applications made by you if

What you all could do is to take advantage of your appeal right. Home Office knows refusing is contrary to the law but as far as their illegal guidance stays then is cool

There's no provision in the eea regulations that says, there should be domestic immigration applicantion made first and/or having controlled immigration leave should make you ineligible .

@ Snooky, please how do you go about doing the appeal. Well, i have no idea about it. thanks.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:09 pm

njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:38 pm
snooky wrote:

@ Snooky, please how do you go about doing the appeal. Well, i have no idea about it. thanks.
I dont think so u have appeal right ad u made application b4 31st jan 2020. U can have admin review only if they say in reasoning letter that they accept that u r primary care and only reason not giving u that u have leave to remain with reference of patel case. It would be good if u upload ur refusal letter.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:30 pm

This is sad to hear, after the anxious long wait. I am just wondering if the HO interpretation of Primary Carer is a PERSON who is the sole carer of a British child, WHO initially didn’t have any form of leave to remain before the birth of their child / children or before their child/ children became British thereby getting the derivative right (to be in the country) from their British child/ children ; while Joint Primary Carer are PERSONS who initially both didn’t have leave to remain before their child/children became British thereby getting the derivative right (to be in the country) from their British child / children . They have become Zambrano Carers, whether or not they applied for Derivative card , before some of them went on to get 2.5 leave to remain.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:35 pm

njazzy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:38 pm
snooky wrote:

Follow this link and pick box 3 then follow the online blue fonts

https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-t ... hin-the-uk

netqueen
South Africa

Post by netqueen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:11 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:30 pm
This is sad to hear, after the anxious long wait. I am just wondering if the HO interpretation of Primary Carer is a PERSON who is the sole carer of a British child, WHO initially didn’t have any form of leave to remain before the birth of their child / children or before their child/ children became British thereby getting the derivative right (to be in the country) from their British child/ children ; while Joint Primary Carer are PERSONS who initially both didn’t have leave to remain before their child/children became British thereby getting the derivative right (to be in the country) from their British child / children . They have become Zambrano Carers, whether or not they applied for Derivative card , before some of them went on to get 2.5 leave to remain.
That seems to be the case. I really wish they will send out decisions quickly so at least you will know weather to appeal or just stay put. But typical home office always full of surprises

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:06 pm

Does it mean that those who get a positive decision are notified via email first before they get their decision letter by post while those who have been refused find out when they receive their decision letter by post?.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:34 am

lilee13 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:43 pm
snooky wrote:
lilee13 wrote:
@Snooky, I am Nigerian.
Hi

Good luck
Thanks, Snooky. But I have to ask, why Chen and not Zambrano. I just need to be clear on this.
lilee13

Why Chen?

Zambrano derivative is for children born in Britain or have come to acquire british citizenship.

So in reverse those children born in other EU member State and have crossed border with their non eu family members are referred to as Chen principles.

In short they are all called Derivative right to reside under regulation 16.

Only british children with non eu family members can do Zambrano.

More also if you have been in Britain for more than six my months and you go back to Ireland with your Irish children, then you could qualify under Surinder Singh principles right of residence which is more easy

lilee13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by lilee13 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:29 am

snooky wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:34 am
lilee13 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:43 pm
snooky wrote:
lilee13 wrote:
@Snooky, I am Nigerian.
Hi

Good luck
lilee13

Why Chen?

Zambrano derivative is for children born in Britain or have come to acquire british citizenship.

So in reverse those children born in other EU member State and have crossed border with their non eu family members are referred to as Chen principles.

In short they are all called Derivative right to reside under regulation 16.

Only british children with non eu family members can do Zambrano.

More also if you have been in Britain for more than six my months and you go back to Ireland with your Irish children, then you could qualify under Surinder Singh principles right of residence which is more easy
Thanks a lot, Snooky. I appreciate your responses.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:39 am

Hey all,

Does not surprised home office refused on the basis you currently have leave, like I said they would grant us 10 year route in an instant if it means we do not get a shorter route . I am now curious to see the monthly statistics over the next few months.... Wonder how the numbers of those refused will change?... It was at 6 when I last checked..

As for my case... I have not eased up on them... Still waiting to see what they will do... They are not granting leave in a consistent way, it almost like they have some sort of issues preventing such leave to be granted to non EU promptly. They recently drop some of the barriers in the surinder Singh guidance but did it quietly, the old guidance still remains to turn people off it... This is because they know it would have ended well with a lot of these cases after the end of transition period, mean while the drag their feet with the zambrano cases because its something they did not like for year's.... People continue to put pressure....
I know my decision will come soon, don't know what it will be as this is home office after all but still, I want to be able to challenge in time... DO NOT LET THE HOME OFFICE USES SMARTS AND RUN THE CLOCK DOWN.

Do not speak with the agents that first answer the phone, always express dissatisfaction and ask for a manger...

Best wishes

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:51 am

Chris90 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:39 am
Hey all,

Does not surprised home office refused on the basis you currently have leave, like I said they would grant us 10 year route in an instant if it means we do not get a shorter route . I am now curious to see the monthly statistics over the next few months.... Wonder how the numbers of those refused will change?... It was at 6 when I last checked..

As for my case... I have not eased up on them... Still waiting to see what they will do... They are not granting leave in a consistent way, it almost like they have some sort of issues preventing such leave to be granted to non EU promptly. They recently drop some of the barriers in the surinder Singh guidance but did it quietly, the old guidance still remains to turn people off it... This is because they know it would have ended well with a lot of these cases after the end of transition period, mean while the drag their feet with the zambrano cases because its something they did not like for year's.... People continue to put pressure....
I know my decision will come soon, don't know what it will be as this is home office after all but still, I want to be able to challenge in time... DO NOT LET THE HOME OFFICE USES SMARTS AND RUN THE CLOCK DOWN.

Do not speak with the agents that first answer the phone, always express dissatisfaction and ask for a manger...

Best wishes

Chris90, you are right. They are really trying to put us off and make us give up. They know most of us already applied before 31st so they decided to give appeal rights to those who applied on or after that date.

It looks like they are not granting the leave inconsistently (though we don’t really know the details of the case of fellow members of this forum) . So far as I can remember, they have given : A) Zambrano carers whose derivative cards have run out. B) Zambrano carers whose derivative cards haven’t run out. C) Zambrano carers with both derivative card and 2.5 ltr. D) Zambrano carers without derivative cards but have current 2.5 ltr.

Most often we just say ‘we have 2.5 years ... but we don’t specify if we are sole carers, have British partners,.... etc. At times too we specify those details initially but some of us don’t remember to go back and read users previous posts and we end up panicking and getting more worked up.

The fact that HO likes drama is not even helping matters.

I am also waiting to see how they decide mine.

My child was asking me how I got to know all those people I mention their names ( Lady Hale, Zambrano , Patel ....) and ‘when they told me all those things I am saying on the phone’. I have now become a ‘pocket lawyer’. I wear ‘wig’ but I have no chambers.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:03 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:51 am
Chris90 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:39 am
Hey all,

Best wishes

Chris90, you are right. They are really trying to put us off and make us give up. They know most of us already applied before 31st so they decided to give appeal rights to those who applied on or after that date.

It looks like they are not granting the leave inconsistently (though we don’t really know the details of the case of fellow members of this forum) . So far as I can remember, they have given : A) Zambrano carers whose derivative cards have run out. B) Zambrano carers whose derivative cards haven’t run out. C) Zambrano carers with both derivative card and 2.5 ltr. D) Zambrano carers without derivative cards but have current 2.5 ltr.

Most often we just say ‘we have 2.5 years ... but we don’t specify if we are sole carers, have British partners,.... etc. At times too we specify those details initially but some of us don’t remember to go back and read users previous posts and we end up panicking and getting more worked up.

The fact that HO likes drama is not even helping matters.

I am also waiting to see how they decide mine.

My child was asking me how I got to know all those people I mention their names ( Lady Hale, Zambrano , Patel ....) and ‘when they told me all those things I am saying on the phone’. I have now become a ‘pocket lawyer’. I wear ‘wig’ but I have no chambers.
I have now become a ‘pocket lawyer’. I wear ‘wig’ but I have no chambers. (Quote and unquote ) lol. I love your humour.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:43 am

@all Members

Coming weeks would be seen as weeks that home Office failed its own children who are in limbo due to their parents' status.

The only opportunity for the home Office to correct their discrimination type of policy would be missed.

Zambrano was a route to give British children without say a voice to take a serious pride of their right which has been abused by politicians to a equality.

What we seeing here is that, the Teresa May's HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT policies lives on . As said in one of my post, in the beginning the Home Office thought Zambrano Carers would amount to just "1800" TCNs. This is because they showed heavy hand in granting Leave under Zambrano derivative.

Since Zambrano's inception, the home Office have resisted its idea and still fighting up it with their last blood.

Home Office presumably granting presettled or settled status to

1. Those who have had Zambrano before and were not allowed permanent residence after 5 years and then moved on to domestic leave to remain.

2. Those who just finished their Zambrano and not applying for anything under domestic law

3. Those who had Zambrano and were forced to move on to LTR due to No Recourse to public funds rule

4. Those who still have Zambrano right and already assessed and need protection

Inasmuch as we all know, so far no one has been granted Zambrano under the settlement scheme as a first time applicant.

The resistance by the home Office and the contempt by their policies for not given due attention on

A. The Patel vs SSHD supreme court ruling
B. Section 55 (child's best interest)
C. Article of TFEU
D. Regulation 2016(derivative right to reside)
E. Zambrano case law C34/9
F. Article 7 Andy 8 of the regulations
G. Article 3 of Right of the Child (UN Convention)

Shows that the purpose of refusing people under Zambrano both EEA regulations and settlement scheme is all about MONEY.

HOME OFFICE money making is out of control as seen also under CHILD REGISTRATION process for British citizens application. The insult is home Office have appealed the unlawful fee ruling by the courts.

Ya all have to be strong and focused as Home will always tossed the dice wrongly.

The December Patel ruling is final and home Office will always be in court until freedom of movement finishes technically on 30 June 2021 and also those we qualifies have been sorted

Long live all