ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by fielddrive » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:54 am

Guys I have protected the first couple of rows and added avg waiting time to the stats sheet.

Please please please do not mess with the sheet and post your timeline here if you're unsure someone will add it for you usually in less than 24 hours

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:20 am

fielddrive wrote:Guys I have protected the first couple of rows and added avg waiting time to the stats sheet.

Please please please do not mess with the sheet and post your timeline here if you're unsure someone will add it for you usually in less than 24 hours
Hi fielddrive.
Here my timeline. could you put it in please.
Application type: SET (M)
No of Dependents: 0
Current visa expiry: 23-05-14
Application method: self next day delivery
Date of application: 12-05-14
Date of application received at HO: 14-05-14
Date of payment debited: 16-05-14
Date of acknowledgement sent: 15-05-14
Acknowledgement letter received: 22-05-14
Date of bio-metrics letter sent: 06-06-14
Date bio-metrics completed: 07-06-14
Date of decision: Waiting
Date of originals received: Waiting
Date of BRP card: Waiting
Thx's
Cheers.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Arsal385 wrote:

Much appreciated and thanks for the heads-up. This is no doubt very useful info for everyone. You and Shahjee both are doing fantastic job for all the current and potential applicants. We guys should give you a big party for your continuous and valuable service for everyone which is just for humanity.
May Allah gives you and your family great reward for this help.

Regards
Arsal
Hi Arsal Bhai ,

Thank you very much for your kind words , All Praise is due to Allah
Remember us in your prayers and keep helping other people who need help ...

Regards ,
S.Akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Dear All,

Did any one got the statistical information of Application recieved by HO for SET(LR) in April , May , june and july 2014 ?

forum looks very quite ....no approval in last couple of days ...Come on Caseworkers hurry up ..now there is no bank holidays till xmass :P ....probably most of them are on still summer vacations ....London weather is also good now days seems we will be having indian summer till late Nov 2014 . so caseworkers come back to work and enjoy summer here in England hahahahahahaha :lol: we want you to work , work and work .....and we want approval , approval and all approvals :)

Keep updating us ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:28 pm

DEAR ALL SPECIALLY DR.SHAHJEE

Myy friend have got ILR and have 3 kids holding British Passports .....needs to apply for wife visa but he cannot meet financial requirement which is £18600/=....but he earns only £9000/ .....so what option he has got to apply for wife visa......He cannoy apply for her FLRM Bcoz he cannot fullfill the threshold. ....please adivise much appreciated.

shan83
Newly Registered

Post by shan83 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:52 pm

I am currently holding a Tier 2 general visa which will expire in 2017 April. But my 10 year stay in the UK will be completed on the 29th of September 2014. So I am planing to apply for the permanent residency visa category in September 29th using SET(ILR) application.
I am a married person and my wife is currently under Tier 2 general visa category (dependant of my visa) which will expire in April 2017 (same as mine). She's being in the UK for almost one year. I want to clarify few things before I apply for the PR. Hope you can advise me on these matters.

1.Can my Wife apply with me at the same time using FLR (M)?
2.If she's unable to apply on the same time,
a)when can she apply?
b)will the current visa she's holding automatically get cancelled when I get my PR?
c)Is there a time gap for her to apply for PR dependant visa ones I got my PR?

Thank you.
Best regards
Shan.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:13 pm

I think shahjee is on short holidays from board duty :D
I sent pm

ann771

Post by ann771 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi guys,

As a desperate attempt to help my friend who is due to submit his SET (LR) application this week, I am re-posting my query here. I really hope this is ok and would appreciate your help.

Basically his story is:

Student visa was until 28 Feb 2009.
Extension application submitted on20 Feb 2009.
Application was rejected on 13 March 2009 due to incorrect payment details provided.
He reapplied on the 23 March 2009. Visa granted on 21 July 2009.

My questions are:

1) what period consists his total overstaying period?

A) 01/03/2009 - 21/07/2009
B) 13/09/2009 - 21/07/2009

2) Do you think following understanding is right?

Although the application consideration period (23/09/2009 - 21/07/2009) is part of overstaying period but that should be disregarded for ILR appplicants according to immigration rule 276B(v), which says application consideration period should be disregarded.

276B (v), the applicant must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded, as will any period of overstaying between periods of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain of up to 28 days and any period of overstaying pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period.
I would very much appreciate respected guru's thoughts on the above questions please.

Regards
Ann

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:06 pm

ann771 wrote:Hi guys,

As a desperate attempt to help my friend who is due to submit his SET (LR) application this week, I am re-posting my query here. I really hope this is ok and would appreciate your help.

Basically his story is:

Application was rejected on 13 March 2009 due to incorrect payment details provided.

My questions are:

Although the application consideration period (23/09/2009 - 21/07/2009) is part of overstaying period but that should be disregarded for ILR appplicants according to immigration rule 276B(v), which says application consideration period should be disregarded.

276B (v), the applicant must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded, as will any period of overstaying between periods of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain of up to 28 days and any period of overstaying pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period.
I would very much appreciate respected guru's thoughts on the above questions please.

Regards
Ann
Hello Ann,

Well i am not expert on immigration matter like shahjee and if shahjee will got time he will definitely reply you or will rectify my opinion on your friend case , however i can still try to give you my opinion :-

According to my understanding on the above case scenerio , Your friend is not stayed as overstayed during those given time ...according to the information you provided :_
He applied In time for an extension i.e 20 feb 2009 and visa expired on 28th Feb 2009 so it was in time application

On 13th March 2009 he recieved a refusal letter regarding failure of payment deduction , i will suggest you to read that refusal letter if you still have with you ..they must have been advised you to how to re apply and with in how many days ...if you would not respond them on their given time then you stayed as overstayed and your continuity broken but as you said that your friend reapplied on 23rd March 2009 so this 10 days must be considered as deemed stayed or with in the 28 days which should be disregarded and if you find the home office letter along with that payment refusal it must be highlighting you about how and with in what time you can re apply ...

In other word those 10 days from 13th march 2009 till 23rd march 2009 will be considered as disregarded and long residence continuity was not also broken and the out come the application you re applied on 23rd march 2009 is also positive means granted him a visa so there should be no gap nor over stayed ..

wait and see probably some other members have got different opinion then mine

Hope its help
wish your friend best of luck
Our Prayers are with him
Regards ,

S.Akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:20 pm

Basically his story is:

My questions are:

Regards
Ann
Hello Ann ,

One more thing , the question you have asked about the dates , there must be typo error in the dates

My questions are:

B) 13/09/2009 - 21/07/2009 [ this should be 13/03/2009 to 21/03/2009]

if u meant the dates which i mentioned in red then its okay or if you have got any other refusal till 21/07/2009 then write again

Any way hope the reply i gave you above will help you ...and also can you please tell us what the refusal letter on 13 march 2008 is actually saying ? if you read that letter then try to find these question :-

Did they mention invalid or refusal ?
Did they give you 28 days to re apply as fresh application ?

If you don't have that letter available then apply for SAR report ....probably it will help you to understand the time line during that period ..

Thanks
Regards ,
S.Akaram

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:29 pm

shan83 wrote:I am currently holding a Tier 2 general visa which will expire in 2017 April. But my 10 year stay in the UK will be completed on the 29th of September 2014. So I am planing to apply for the permanent residency visa category in September 29th using SET(ILR) application.
I am a married person and my wife is currently under Tier 2 general visa category (dependant of my visa) which will expire in April 2017 (same as mine). She's being in the UK for almost one year. I want to clarify few things before I apply for the PR. Hope you can advise me on these matters.

1.Can my Wife apply with me at the same time using FLR (M)?
2.If she's unable to apply on the same time,
a)when can she apply?
b)will the current visa she's holding automatically get cancelled when I get my PR?
c)Is there a time gap for her to apply for PR dependant visa ones I got my PR?

Thank you.
Best regards
Shan.
Hi Shan,

Your wife can apply at the same time, using form FLR M (language and financial requirement). She can also apply later after your PR is approved, there is no definite time limit but the sooner she applies, the better for her. She cannot travel until she has switched to FLR M. You can call HO for peace of mind.

My advice is that you send her application along with yours. The sooner she gets FLR M, the sooner her 5 year clock starts.

Wish you best of luck.

tumbin
Newly Registered

Post by tumbin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Hello All,

Can someone add my timeline please

Application date : 28/04/2014
Acknowledgement letter Received : 01/05/2014(dated 29/04/2014)
Fee Taken : 29/04/2014
Bio enrollment: 20/05/2014
Approval : WAITING
Brp Waiting

Thanks in advance. Hopefully this week will bring many approvals for our members. INSHALLAH

Regards

ann771

Post by ann771 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:

Basically his story is:

My questions are:

Regards
Ann
Hello Ann ,

One more thing , the question you have asked about the dates , there must be typo error in the dates

My questions are:

B) 13/09/2009 - 21/07/2009 [ this should be 13/03/2009 to 21/03/2009]

if u meant the dates which i mentioned in red then its okay or if you have got any other refusal till 21/07/2009 then write again

Any way hope the reply i gave you above will help you ...and also can you please tell us what the refusal letter on 13 march 2008 is actually saying ? if you read that letter then try to find these question :-

Did they mention invalid or refusal ?
Did they give you 28 days to re apply as fresh application ?

If you don't have that letter available then apply for SAR report ....probably it will help you to understand the time line during that period ..

Thanks
Regards ,
S.Akaram
Hi Akaram,
Many thanks for your quick response.
You are correct about the date range, it should be 13/ 03/2009. (sorry for any inconvenience :( )
The refusal letter said 'invalid' and the home office gave 28 days to apply again which was made on 23/03/2009 and further leave was granted.

The bit where my friend is stuck is, on page 6 of the document named 'guidance - applications from overstayers - nonfamily router - version 5', it says,
If the application is rejected as invalid (rather than refused) after their leave expired you must calculate the 28 day period of overstaying from the date the migrant is deemed to have received the notice of invalidity.
Does that mean he overstayed from 16 March?

Thanks
Ann

ukvisaengland
- thin ice -

Post by ukvisaengland » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:02 pm

by the grace of Allah I received my documents and ILR Brb card today :). thanks every one in this forum it has been a long wait but eventually is over now. special thanks to Shajee for helping other people even though they are asking the same questions. Guys we should organise something and buy a gift to Shajee for his support and help :) . Abrboom and Shez1330 is your turn I think you will have a good news in these days. once again thank you all and I wish good luck for the people who are still waiting. we all deserve it. we have been living and contributing in this country over 10 years :) ;)

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi Ann,

So according to the paragraph which you have shared above his overstayed started from 13th march 2009 [ the date on which his application decleared as invalid ] till 23rd march 2009 because according to their invalid letter they gave him 28 days time to reapply which your friend replied them back by re applying on 23 march2009

But you said in your previous post that 28 days should be disregarded so it's correct your friend continuity was not broken at that time moreover his application outcome on 23 march 2009 was also positive means he got visa in July with out any other refusal / objection ... So he should be fine ...

Best of luck
Be confident
Regards
S.akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:27 pm

ukvisaengland wrote:by the grace of Allah I received my documents and ILR Brb card today :). thanks every one in this forum it has been a long wait but eventually is over now. special thanks to Shajee for helping other people even though they are asking the same questions. Guys we should organise something and buy a gift to Shajee for his support and help :) . Abrboom and Shez1330 is your turn I think you will have a good news in these days. once again thank you all and I wish good luck for the people who are still waiting. we all deserve it. we have been living and contributing in this country over 10 years :) ;)

Hi ,
Our heartiest congratulation to you
Enjoy your freedom and have a bright future ahead
Thanks for sharing this good news with the member of this forums ,

Just one quick question :

Did u send a prepaid envelope with your application ?

Thanks
Regards
S.akaram

alice000999
Newly Registered

Post by alice000999 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for 10 years ILR this November and wanted to ask your opinion: should I submit myself or use a lawyer.

I have been trough a long application process/wait with entrepreneur visa last year, so am familiar with what it takes...

If my case for ILR is straight forward, should I save money and do it myself, or this one is a tricky one?

Many thanks for your time.

Alice

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 pm

alice000999 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for 10 years ILR this November and wanted to ask your opinion: should I submit myself or use a lawyer.

I have been trough a long application process/wait with entrepreneur visa last year, so am familiar with what it takes...

If my case for ILR is straight forward, should I save money and do it myself, or this one is a tricky one?

Many thanks for your time.

Alice

Hello Alice ,
Welcome to this forum,
What was the outcome of your entrepreneurs visa application ?
Well if you think that your case is straight forward do it yourself and even if the case is bit complicated applying through solicitor will not guranttted that your application will be successful .. Depends upon case to case ...

Ofcourse if you will save solicitor fees it will help you :P to pay the fees of passport next year as you know applying for the passport next year ( if you got ILR this year )will cost you again around £1000 again ;)

Choice is urs ,
Here in this forum you will find several members who even applied themselves with complicated cases and they got success :p

Best of luck
Regards
S.akaram

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:01 pm

ukvisaengland wrote:by the grace of Allah I received my documents and ILR Brb card today :). thanks every one in this forum it has been a long wait but eventually is over now. special thanks to Shajee for helping other people even though they are asking the same questions. Guys we should organise something and buy a gift to Shajee for his support and help :) . Abrboom and Shez1330 is your turn I think you will have a good news in these days. once again thank you all and I wish good luck for the people who are still waiting. we all deserve it. we have been living and contributing in this country over 10 years :) ;)
@ukvisaengland
Congratulations. What is your timeline and the documents you attached. Shahjee is invisibly helping members, we even not know maybe shahjee living in our neighbours :mrgreen:

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:49 pm

Congratulations ukvisaengland!
Enjoy your freedom.
You applied in the middle of April and finally received your ILR.
I, who applied at the beginning of May, was hoping to hear something by this week... No chance !
V

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:06 pm

ChMoz wrote:HI EVERYONE,
I have applied on 29th MARCH 14.
Waiting for decision ??????
ANYONE SIMILAR TIMELINE ???
When did you do your biometrics?

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:06 pm

congrats... delayed but well deserved
hope you enjoy it to the fullest

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Has anyone received invite to submit Biometrics recently? :?:

alice000999
Newly Registered

Post by alice000999 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Thank you! My entrepreneur visa was successful after 9 month wait...

From what I've read in this forum, if the case is straight forward (no overstay, no gaps, holidays within allowance) no additional docs need to be submitted... just standard list as indicated in the application.

Is that right? Can anyone please point out what value can solicitor have in this application?

Thank you, guys. I appreciate your advice.

Alice

shez1330

Post by shez1330 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:50 pm

thats so good congrats we are waiting let see..

thanks for updating
Shez