ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:56 am

mam2 wrote:@bagaja
When you applied for your visa,how many months were left in your residence card before expiry? Did they write to you after it expired that you cannot continue working or just sometime after you applied?
I'm in a similar situation as yours but haven't submitted my flro ex1 yet. I understand if my residence card expires in their hands,yes then I don't have any right to work until a decision is made on the application.
When you applied for your permanent residence,did they just say you don't qualify because your spouse did not work for the last 3yrs? Why did they not give you another 5yrs if you they think you didn't qualify for permanent residence?
I really do not want to be caught up in this so pls enlighten me more.
Thanks
I had the same issue. My spouse did not work for 2years and for that l did not qualify for permanent residence as he did not exercise treaty rights.
Then l applied for FLRO

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:40 am

Sarah06,
pls could you tell me if your residence card was cancelled or you continued working until it expired? Have you been granted the flr o?
papa2

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:37 am

Today is exactly 12 weeks after bio, 8 months 4 days after acknowledgement letter from UKBA but I'm still waiting!!!
Good morning guys, have a cracking weekend and pls pls lets all hope that the coming week brings good news and an end to all our waiting :)

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 am

Today is exactly 15weeks and 3days since Biometrics, applied on 1st Oct 2012
Don't know how long my frustrating wait is ? Very annoying ...
Hope our wait soon comes to an end with a happy note.. :)

socrates

Hello

Post by socrates » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Hello Everyone, I have been following your posts for the past one year and I must admit your posts has been a form of comfort and encouragement to me. I need your honest advice concerning my case. I came into the country in 2004 as a student and I have been extending my visa since then because I have always been studying. I tried to renew my visa for extention in 2010 ( was doing another course at the Uni then) but it was refused based on lack of funds. I appealed against the decision and my appeal was allowed and sent back to home office for reconsideration. I waited for about 7 months awating their decision and had to contact my MP, to my amazement, I got a reply from my MP to say that they have made a decision one month after the appeal tribunal allowed my appeal, the decision was that they still refuse me and a letter was sent to my ''solicitor''. I never used any solicitor and informed the MP. UKBA later sent a letter to the MP apologising for sending my letter to a solicitor I never used but still insisted on the decision. I therefore became an overstayer without my knowledge and through no fault ( it's UKBA FAULT) of my own. I was advised to put in a new application for DLR which I did and submitted since july 2012, done biometric feb 12th 2013 but have not heard anything. I have a wife here with a set of twins born( two boys,4 years old) in the UK

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Hello

Post by Time503 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:37 pm

socrates wrote:Hello Everyone, I have been following your posts for the past one year and I must admit your posts has been a form of comfort and encouragement to me. I need your honest advice concerning my case. I came into the country in 2004 as a student and I have been extending my visa since then because I have always been studying. I tried to renew my visa for extention in 2010 ( was doing another course at the Uni then) but it was refused based on lack of funds. I appealed against the decision and my appeal was allowed and sent back to home office for reconsideration. I waited for about 7 months awating their decision and had to contact my MP, to my amazement, I got a reply from my MP to say that they have made a decision one month after the appeal tribunal allowed my appeal, the decision was that they still refuse me and a letter was sent to my ''solicitor''. I never used any solicitor and informed the MP. UKBA later sent a letter to the MP apologising for sending my letter to a solicitor I never used but still insisted on the decision. I therefore became an overstayer without my knowledge and through no fault ( it's UKBA FAULT) of my own. I was advised to put in a new application for DLR which I did and submitted since july 2012, done biometric feb 12th 2013 but have not heard anything. I have a wife here with a set of twins born( two boys,4 years old) in the UK
Welcome to the forum, I just read through ur story and was touched. Who advised u to put in DLR, was it the UKBA? The reason I'm asking is cos I've seen situations where they advice an applicant on a particular route if they believe u stand a better chance of been granted.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:47 pm

socrates wrote:Hello Everyone, I have been following your posts for the past one year and I must admit your posts has been a form of comfort and encouragement to me. I need your honest advice concerning my case. I came into the country in 2004 as a student and I have been extending my visa since then because I have always been studying. I tried to renew my visa for extention in 2010 ( was doing another course at the Uni then) but it was refused based on lack of funds. I appealed against the decision and my appeal was allowed and sent back to home office for reconsideration. I waited for about 7 months awating their decision and had to contact my MP, to my amazement, I got a reply from my MP to say that they have made a decision one month after the appeal tribunal allowed my appeal, the decision was that they still refuse me and a letter was sent to my ''solicitor''. I never used any solicitor and informed the MP. UKBA later sent a letter to the MP apologising for sending my letter to a solicitor I never used but still insisted on the decision. I therefore became an overstayer without my knowledge and through no fault ( it's UKBA FAULT) of my own. I was advised to put in a new application for DLR which I did and submitted since july 2012, done biometric feb 12th 2013 but have not heard anything. I have a wife here with a set of twins born( two boys,4 years old) in the UK
Hi Socrates,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your sad experience with this incompetent UKBA. I find your story really strange and worrying. This is the first time I have heard such strange decision from UKBA; I stand to be corrected, but what I can't understand is how can UKBA override a court's decision allowing your appeal? Unless you mean It was just a reconsideration appeal you made personally to them.

On your flro application, I'm sure you must have read a lot of similar threads regarding your case. It's difficult for anyone to say for certain what their decision will be but it does look like your case is unique but yet very strong as you have children.

I will bet that you have a good chance of getting on the 10yr route which quite honestly is unfair since all this isn't your fault, but hey! It's better than nothing.

I hope you get some good news soon, we both have the same timeline. Unfortunately the home office have decided to dump us in thier 'summer transfer list' and dealing with fresh applications first...what an Irony!

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Obviously because you've overstayed they're going to consider your case under ex1 (exception) so you need to prove why they should grant your leave on compassionate grounds, if u haven't given enough evidence or raised exceptional issues to show that your case is really exceptional, do so now before the decide it. Just my opinion

socrates

Post by socrates » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:18 pm

A solicitor advised me to put in DLR and not UKBA. Though UKBA suggested then that I put in a fresh application among all the options they gave me

socrates

Post by socrates » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:25 pm

@ Tuga, thanks, it was not a reconsideration appeal but was allowed for reconsideration ( whatever that means) Yes I honestly believe 10 yr route would be' unfair' because of their error, but ANYTHING will do me just fine now. I have not been able to work for a long time and without no recourse to public funds, you can imagine how hard it is for someone with a family. I just hope and pray for the best

[Hi Socrates,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your sad experience with this incompetent UKBA. I find your story really strange and worrying. This is the first time I have heard such strange decision from UKBA; I stand to be corrected, but what I can't understand is how can UKBA override a court's decision allowing your appeal? Unless you mean It was just a reconsideration appeal you made personally to them.

On your flro application, I'm sure you must have read a lot of similar threads regarding your case. It's difficult for anyone to say for certain what their decision will be but it does look like your case is unique but yet very strong as you have children.

I will bet that you have a good chance of getting on the 10yr route which quite honestly is unfair since all this isn't your fault, but hey! It's better than nothing.

I hope you get some good news soon, we both have the same timeline. Unfortunately the home office have decided to dump us in thier 'summer transfer list' and dealing with fresh applications first...what an Irony![/quote]

socrates

Post by socrates » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:34 pm

@ Favyritt, thanks. yes I wrote to remind them of their ERROR and making me overstay without my knowlege/fault and also included the letter they sent to my MP acknoledging that they sent it somewhere else in error, but unfortunately I didn't send the letter they sent to me to apologise because I moved home and couldn't find it then. I have seen where it was kept but do you think I should still send it before they make their decision?

Obviously because you've overstayed they're going to consider your case under ex1 (exception) so you need to prove why they should grant your leave on compassionate grounds, if u haven't given enough evidence or raised exceptional issues to show that your case is really exceptional, do so now before the decide it. Just my opinion[/quote]

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:39 pm

@Cookies and Sholas.....Congratulations and all the best with ur future.Make sure u enjoy the freedom and make the best out of it.I'm so happy for u ladies.....*dancesAzonto*

@New bloggers....welcome to the forum and all the best with ur applications.Some of us are still waiting for positive news and pray that all goes well for all of us.So,let's roc our sunglasses and sip on those cold fruity cocktails whilst soaking the sunrays....*wink*

@Ela....lol....u really crack me and thanks for making this forum fun.I think should go to the HO wearing leaves with a placard stating enough is enough....I deserve an answer!Maybe they might respond quicker....*smiles*

Enjoy ur weekend ladies and gents...and keep the faith!!!

SDP

Post by SDP » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:45 pm

socrates wrote:@ Favyritt, thanks. yes I wrote to remind them of their ERROR and making me overstay without my knowlege/fault and also included the letter they sent to my MP acknoledging that they sent it somewhere else in error, but unfortunately I didn't send the letter they sent to me to apologise because I moved home and couldn't find it then. I have seen where it was kept but do you think I should still send it before they make their decision?

Obviously because you've overstayed they're going to consider your case under ex1 (exception) so you need to prove why they should grant your leave on compassionate grounds, if u haven't given enough evidence or raised exceptional issues to show that your case is really exceptional, do so now before the decide it. Just my opinion
[/quote]

Yes! If you can find the copy of apology letter plz send them to place yourself in a better position.

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:53 pm

socrates wrote:@ Favyritt, thanks. yes I wrote to remind them of their ERROR and making me overstay without my knowlege/fault and also included the letter they sent to my MP acknoledging that they sent it somewhere else in error, but unfortunately I didn't send the letter they sent to me to apologise because I moved home and couldn't find it then. I have seen where it was kept but do you think I should still send it before they make their decision?

[/quote]

Yes send it to the initial consideration unit to support your application.... The full address is on the flr (o) guidance note, it clearly proves why u overstayed. Also state how your family will be affected should you leave them, that means your presence in the family is very vital, (something compassionate). Just my opinion mate.

socrates

Post by socrates » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:10 pm

@Favyyritt, Thanks mate, I surely send the letter to the Initial consideration unit first thing on monday. Thanks so much for your advice and effort. I really appreciate

Yes send it to the initial consideration unit to support your application.... The full address is on the flr (o) guidance note, it clearly proves why u overstayed. Also state how your family will be affected should you leave them, that means your presence in the family is very vital, (something compassionate). Just my opinion mate.[/quote]

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:44 pm

socrates wrote:@Favyyritt, Thanks mate, I surely send the letter to the Initial consideration unit first thing on monday. Thanks so much for your advice and effort. I really appreciate

Yes send it to the initial consideration unit to support your application.... The full address is on the flr (o) guidance note, it clearly proves why u overstayed. Also state how your family will be affected should you leave them, that means your presence in the family is very vital, (something compassionate). Just my opinion mate.
[/quote]

You're welcome mate!!

r4rashed
Newly Registered

Post by r4rashed » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:12 pm

Home office cannot refused an allowed appeal but can apply to upper tribunals against that decision.
Oh sorry I get it now, it was allowed for reconsideration.

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:18 pm

socrates wrote:@Favyyritt, Thanks mate, I surely send the letter to the Initial consideration unit first thing on monday. Thanks so much for your advice and effort. I really appreciate

[/quote]

Do the homeoffice give you right of appeal second time against reconsideration refusal? if not you have to ask right of appeal from tribunal first and mention the reason for late applying with proof. What options homeoffice give you can you write here in there words please.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Is your wife British national ?
Is your kids British national ?

Kaban
Newly Registered

FLR(o) Discretionary leave waiting times..?

Post by Kaban » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Hello everyone,I have been following this thread for over a year but as only decided to join just today.I have enjoyed very mixed reactions so far,some encouraging nod some very depressing.Above all I will say, life is full of both.My case is similar to a lot of cases that I have come across.i came to the UK in 2004 on visitors visa and overstayed pretty much.In 2008 I met my now wife,applied for COA,which was approved and we got married in oct,2009.My first application for leave to remain was Nov 09,which was refused in mar 2010.I made the application myself and wrote a reconsideration letter myself when the refusal was received.I heard nothing until,so consulted a solicitor to write the home office another letter.I got another refusal.By this time,my son was born and also the zambrano law came in place.I applied the zambrano rote through another solicitor in sept 2011,I was given COA initially but cancelled with the reason that I'm not a sole carer.This was feb 2012.My solicitor the advise that we send a new FLRO application for article 8 human rights,which we did in April 2012 and biometric done may 2012,I have heard no reply till this day.Just to mention that my wife and 3yr old son are British.
My wife wrote our MP a month ago and got a reply that he was going to write the home office,which he did.We got a letter from my MP in which he attached a reply from the home office.To summarise their reply" Apologise for the delay in replying my MP and mentioned the large amount of applications.lastly,the said I will be notified of a final decision as soon as possible"

I wish to know if anyone has received a similar response through there MP and how long could this as soon as possible mean.I have since become very anxious,more than the long 14 months waiting.Could someone advise pls

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(o) Discretionary leave waiting times..?

Post by GodGives » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 am

Kaban wrote:Hello everyone,I have been following this thread for over a year but as only decided to join just today.I have enjoyed very mixed reactions so far,some encouraging nod some very depressing.Above all I will say, life is full of both.My case is similar to a lot of cases that I have come across.i came to the UK in 2004 on visitors visa and overstayed pretty much.In 2008 I met my now wife,applied for COA,which was approved and we got married in oct,2009.My first application for leave to remain was Nov 09,which was refused in mar 2010.I made the application myself and wrote a reconsideration letter myself when the refusal was received.I heard nothing until,so consulted a solicitor to write the home office another letter.I got another refusal.By this time,my son was born and also the zambrano law came in place.I applied the zambrano rote through another solicitor in sept 2011,I was given COA initially but cancelled with the reason that I'm not a sole carer.This was feb 2012.My solicitor the advise that we send a new FLRO application for article 8 human rights,which we did in April 2012 and biometric done may 2012,I have heard no reply till this day.Just to mention that my wife and 3yr old son are British.
My wife wrote our MP a month ago and got a reply that he was going to write the home office,which he did.We got a letter from my MP in which he attached a reply from the home office.To summarise their reply" Apologise for the delay in replying my MP and mentioned the large amount of applications.lastly,the said I will be notified of a final decision as soon as possible"

I wish to know if anyone has received a similar response through there MP and how long could this as soon as possible mean.I have since become very anxious,more than the long 14 months waiting.Could someone advise pls
Dear Kaban. Welcome to the forum. I received the same reply from my mp. I have been waiting almost 14months as well. Fingers and toes crossed we hear a decision soon. 14months was the highest i have seen in this forum lets hope it doesnt go behond that
Godgives

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:56 am

Kaban wrote:Hello everyone,I have been following this thread for over a year but as only decided to join just today.I have enjoyed very mixed reactions so far,some encouraging nod some very depressing.Above all I will say, life is full of both.My case is similar to a lot of cases that I have come across.i came to the UK in 2004 on visitors visa and overstayed pretty much.In 2008 I met my now wife,applied for COA,which was approved and we got married in oct,2009.My first application for leave to remain was Nov 09,which was refused in mar 2010.I made the application myself and wrote a reconsideration letter myself when the refusal was received.I heard nothing until,so consulted a solicitor to write the home office another letter.I got another refusal.By this time,my son was born and also the zambrano law came in place.I applied the zambrano rote through another solicitor in sept 2011,I was given COA initially but cancelled with the reason that I'm not a sole carer.This was feb 2012.My solicitor the advise that we send a new FLRO application for article 8 human rights,which we did in April 2012 and biometric done may 2012,I have heard no reply till this day.Just to mention that my wife and 3yr old son are British.

I meant alomost 15months
Godgives

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:31 am

GodGives wrote:

I meant alomost 15months

Welcome to the forum Kaban, to me your case looks very strong as you have British wife & child so you should be receiving a positive reply very soon.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:23 pm

SDP wrote:
GodGives wrote:

I meant alomost 15months

Welcome to the forum Kaban, to me your case looks very strong as you have British wife & child so you should be receiving a positive reply very soon.
You are welcome to the forum and hopefully u get some good news soon!

socrates

Post by socrates » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:09 pm

[

No they are not. wife is my dependant

your wife British national ?
Is your kids British national ?[/quote]