ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chakde23

Re: Good News

Post by chakde23 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:50 pm

Congrats Techno ....i am getting some hopes now looking at your timescales ....i send my section AA1 on 2nd June....i guess it takes around 8 working days from this day to get documents back....hopefully i should receive before this weekend ...Congrats again !
Technonerve wrote:Hi people, got the tier 1 today approved until 3.06.2011! details
WP to tier 1
applied on the 28th of April 2008
payment taken on the 29th
letter dated 29/04 with PB30410***
allocated to caseworker on the 28/05 and letter sent to fill public funds
faxed on the 29/05 and on the 1/06 + urgent treatment request and next day letter sent on the 2/06 with the same details
documents received today with passport stamped and decision taken on the 3rd of June. claimed 110 points got them all
best of luck for everyone.

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Thanks Beever! Thanks Vipul!

Yes, even I'm surprised! I never thought, I cud get my documents before majority of April last week applicants get theirs. After all, my case was not that straight forward - I had some Indian salary.
beever wrote:OMG congrats!! that's faster than all of us!

kmore97 wrote:More News to share

My documents are received by my wife right now and it's approved - Thanks God!

Brief of my applications.

WP to Tier-1
(Indian Salary + UK allowance)
Application Date: 1-May-08
Note: I never called home office

I'll post the details after I get back home in the evening.

Big Big thanks to the forum!

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Congrats techno, kmore....... :lol:

I am still waiting for the documents to reach my agent and then for the decision with fingers crossed....

Cooldepps
chakde23 wrote:Congrats Techno ....i am getting some hopes now looking at your timescales ....i send my section AA1 on 2nd June....i guess it takes around 8 working days from this day to get documents back....hopefully i should receive before this weekend ...Congrats again !
Technonerve wrote:Hi people, got the tier 1 today approved until 3.06.2011! details
WP to tier 1
faxed on the 29/05 and on the 1/06 + urgent treatment request and next day letter sent on the 2/06 with the same details
documents received today with passport stamped and decision taken on the 3rd of June. claimed 110 points got them all

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:55 pm

Hopefully u guys gonna get it soo, i am sure u will by this week, most likely tomorrow. once in a caseworker hands and if it is a straight forward application, it takes only less than a day to decide on it, and the other time is for the stamping and sending i think it takes about 4-5 days, but u will get it soon
thanks again for everyone

cooldepps wrote:Congrats techno, kmore....... :lol:

I am still waiting for the documents to reach my agent and then for the decision with fingers crossed....

Cooldepps
chakde23 wrote:Congrats Techno ....i am getting some hopes now looking at your timescales ....i send my section AA1 on 2nd June....i guess it takes around 8 working days from this day to get documents back....hopefully i should receive before this weekend ...Congrats again !
WP to tier 1

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:59 pm

techno in my case i was told by HO that decision was taken last friday which was 6th june. and its waiting to be signed off by the manager and if its approved, then it will go for stamping. what do u reckon when should i expect

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 pm

Congrats Technonerve!

Do you think the urgent request application helped you? What reason did you apply with?

-H
WP to tier 1

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 pm

That's a big relief for you Techno and kmore!!
Good luck

ceediddy
Newly Registered

Post by ceediddy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:16 pm

congrats techno.......

i still think it depends on caseworkers not on when u applied....i mean if it took us 10mins to use the BIA website to check our points...how long can it take to confirm all these stuff
say each CW has 50 cases.....it will take 10days to finish all the cases

well am giving it this week and that is it...have to pull out my application

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:59 pm

Thanks sriaady!
It is a relief indeed.
Best of luck for your application. I hope u get ur documents back soon.
sriaady wrote:That's a big relief for you Techno and kmore!!
Good luck

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Thanks cooldepps,
Don't worry, you'll get ur approved documents soon.
cooldepps wrote:Congrats techno, kmore....... :lol:

Cooldepps
WP to tier 1

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:14 pm

congrats mbnarayan,kmore,technonerve!!!!.....good to see May applicants r in approved list....any more approvals?.....

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi Kmore and Technonerve!

It seemd that both of ull had sent a fax to HO. Do you think the urgent request application helped you? I have travel plans as well. Although the HO would not consider this as urgent since the plan was made in advance. what do ull suggest ? Shall I fax too?

-H

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:34 pm

hussain i would recomend you to wait. if you dont hear anything by next tuesday, then send in a urgent treatment form.
when r u travelling?

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:37 pm

Hussain,
I didn't send any urgent treatment request as such.
Only last Friday at around 5 PM, I wrote and email to Customer Care asking the status of my application and I just informed I have to travel in the beginning of July (attached confirmed e-tickets) and said I wud appreciate if they ensure I receive my documents back before that.

The email they might have seen only on Monday(9th jun) morning at the earliest after that they really cannot deliver the docs today before lunch however urgent they treat it. Also I mentioned my travel is in July beginning - so they will not treat it so urgent.

Rather, I would think my documents were ready even before they received my email. They just posted it yesterday (in special delivery envelope, I enclosed with my application).

Having said all those, there is no harm to send an urgent treatment request with whatever reason you have. Just make a gentle request, don't try to thurst upon and fax it as Jessica mentioned. Then leave it upto HO people to decide.
hussainkothari wrote:Hi Kmore and Technonerve!

It seemd that both of ull had sent a fax to HO. Do you think the urgent request application helped you? I have travel plans as well. Although the HO would not consider this as urgent since the plan was made in advance. what do ull suggest ? Shall I fax too?

-H

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:39 pm

hussainkothari wrote:Hi Kmore and Technonerve!

-H
Hussain,

You may need to wait one more week. They are processing the application starts from 8th May to 15 May Vipul, you have got good chance to get the docs by this week(bcos last week they have processed the application between 29 th Apr and 7th May), if you are lucky even Today, Have you checked ur post.. I have got same possibility like you and not checked my post yet, as I m at work.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:42 pm

tsp

i have sent prepaid envelope and i have got the tracking ref. so i check in the evening on royal mail website. till now its not despatched. i reckon mine should be more likely end of this week.

and BTW how do u know what applications they have processed last week?

beever

Post by beever » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:49 pm

im thinking of sending a fax for urgent treatment, if they take another week is fine. but if they take more than 1 week im screwed for travel next saturday! :(

called again and mentioned that decision should have been made as it was with case manager yesterday.

shall i send the facsimile? :?:

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:51 pm

Hey some news finally.....

I called up HO now and spoke a very nice cheerful lady. She told that they have dispatched my docs an hour ago. so hopefully should get it tomorrow or day after.

Hope the news in it is positive.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:52 pm

beever did u call them again today?

and what were u told reg ur decision. is it made and waiting to be signed off by the manager?

when was this?

beever

Post by beever » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:56 pm

hi vipul,

he said it was reviewed by a case manager yesterday but refused to tell any other details and said we should hear back within 1 week.

shall i send a fax? not sure, coz dont want to flood them with too many requests (although ours is pretty urgent..its next sat night flight).

also, our agent been so unhelpful and wanted to charge us for sending the fax (although I have drafted it!!!).

please advise.
thanks
vipul1981 wrote:beever did u call them again today?

and what were u told reg ur decision. is it made and waiting to be signed off by the manager?

when was this?

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Some news for me too finally....

I just called HO now and spoke to a not that nice lady. I told her I had called on Friday and the guy who answered my call said that my documents are ready for dispatch but didnt had a tracking number. So she gave me the tracking number and told me the documents have been posted 1 hour before and you will receive them by tomorrow :D . She even told my home address (on which the documents were posted) so I believe them this time. So the last final wait starts.
Will update you tomorrow morning as soon as I receive the documents.

Cheerz,
Cooldepps.
sriaady wrote:Hey some news finally.....

I called up HO now and spoke a very nice cheerful lady. She told that they have dispatched my docs an hour ago. so hopefully should get it tomorrow or day after.

Hope the news in it is positive.

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:08 pm

If the decision is taken on the 6th and compared to my application u should hopefuly get it by the 12th. But don't believe what the people tells u behind the CC about manager's manager's manager whatever signature. If u read the first letter sent by HO with ur PB number it clearly says "The application will be passed to a casworking TEAM for consideration" I do think personaly that this team is made of junior caseworkers which they check the documents and if it is straight forward for them they will take the decision on their own, if not they will call for assistance from someone more senior and so on, but if the case is simple they can deal with it, for instance in my situation, i called on the 28th of may the first time and they gave me the answer still not assigned to a caseworker, the very next day i called and i was told the caseworker sent u a letter yesterday to get a part of ur application filled, so i assume my caseworker started on my case on the 28th and they did verify everything that day, and the letter i got is signed by the same person who took the decision and approved my application, so i think my idea of caseworker and casworker team is logic. I did sent the asked part of the application by fax and called on the 2nd to check if they received it and yes they did, and the decision is made on the 3rd so putting everything together it takes i think less than a day to check everything and approve a case, my document were sent on the 9th so 6 days for my application to travel from i think the desk of the caseworker to the people who print the visas and again to the postoffice room to be despatched. PS: i did sent an urgent treatment request with my fax, as i need to be in a family's wedding and i am the best man and i did enclosed a letter from the future husband and a copy of his passport, in the letter we both wrote, we will be grateful if this matter could be taken in consideration, and they were very sympathis and they treated with my case urgently. So making from a long story short and only impressions nothing more: Caseworker team (1 junior, 1 middle grade, common senior), urgent treatment and straight forward it will be dealt in a day, all application r waiting 28 days before the dust is blown from them, the application depends how flexible and senior is the junior caseworker, and of course it depends on how simple r the documents sent specially for people asking for earnings from abroad, average of 1 week to get the documents to be sent after approval, urgent treatment request depends on the good heart of the caseworker, no specific format but it should be coherent and pro this is my advise.
Respect

vipul1981 wrote:techno in my case i was told by HO that decision was taken last friday which was 6th june. and its waiting to be signed off by the manager and if its approved, then it will go for stamping. what do u reckon when should i expect

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi All,

Actually a very dumb question from me. Those who have received the documents can answer that.
Apart from the stamping on the passport how one can find out whether the application is accepted or rejected? :)
Does HO sends a letter alongwith the documents?
This is because I need to send a proof to my would be employer that my Tier 1 application has been approved.

Regards,
Cooldepps.

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:20 pm

they will only send u the documents, and enclosed there'll be a two pages letter telling u if they accepted u or didn't with all the sections and the points claimed and awarded with comment underneath them. Regarding the proof u can do a copy of the visa, can't u?!

cooldepps wrote:Hi All,

Actually a very dumb question from me. Those who have received the documents can answer that.
Apart from the stamping on the passport how one can find out whether the application is accepted or rejected? :)
This is because I need to send a proof to my would be employer that my Tier 1 application has been approved.

Regards,
Cooldepps.

cooldepps

Post by cooldepps » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Thanks Techno for the information.

Cooldepps.
Technonerve wrote:they will only send u the documents, and enclosed there'll be a two pages letter telling u if they accepted u or didn't with all the sections and the points claimed and awarded with comment underneath them.

cooldepps wrote:Hi All,

Regards,
Cooldepps.