ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luckyjinx

Re: FLR M approved

Post by luckyjinx » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:33 pm

lionking3010 wrote: Early !! Its 5 months mate. Today we have received BIO Metric card , visa granted for 30 months
I'm not trying to shoot you down at all, but technically you are very early for current processing times. There are still people waiting from February, and even if they had finished all the backlog of people at 6+ months, you're still ahead of other July people (like me, applying on July 4 with biometrics Sept 6). Obviously processing is all up to UKBA, but yeah...definitely early.

Out of curiosity, did you ask for any compassionate grounds to be considered, or involve a solicitor?

In any case, congratulations and enjoy!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Be careful if applying for Entry Clearance. Apparent news
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

backagain

Re: Access Skydrive

Post by backagain » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
How can I add my details there???
This is an absolutely brilliant spreadsheet. What a great tracking tool. Those members that don't know how to use SkyDrive or Excel with confidence, just say "backagain, will you load my dates to the spreadsheet?" I'll be happy to update the spreadsheet to include your data. We will have to address how you'll access a visual or report, but at least your data will be included.

I am curious for an answer from a spreadsheet guru. How does the spreadsheet differentiate from the mm/dd/yyyy format versus the dd/mm/yyyy format? It seems to do so, but I can't figure out how. Very cool spreadsheet. Kudos to MrNoG from another forum and to damanisshallo for sharing it. Thank you.
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

skylisa
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Waiting Time

Post by skylisa » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi, I am new and been watching this website for ages. I found this website is usefull and appreciated everyone here share their application experience to us. Therefore, I will do the same as well. The following is my FLR(M) application status.

Previous Visa: Fiancee
Expired Date: 4/11/2012
Application type: FLR(M)
FLR(M) Form Submitted: 28/09/2012
Payment: 5/10/2012
Acknowledged Received: 12/10/2012
Requested return my husband's passport: 30/11/2012
Husband's Passport Retuned: Still Waiting
Biometrics invitation Received: 14/12/2012
Biometrics enrolled: 14/12/2012
Documents returned: Still waiting
BRP arrived: Still waiting

However, I not sure how long still to be waiting to receive my visa. This is really stressful. Is anyone here got any idea?

Thanks and Regards,
Skylisa
Last edited by skylisa on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

backagain

Post by backagain » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:07 pm

MrsWillo wrote:I'm slightly over waiting now tho...it's making me worry and very nervous. K :D
Hi Kylie,

While I intended to drop off the forum, my wife keeps following it. I guess she has become something of a forum-info-junkie. She wanted me to say something to you in hope of encouragement.

We applied back in April as a conversion from a fiance visa to a FLR(M). On that visa, I am not allowed to work or volunteer. I've now been unable to work in the UK since November 2011. She is an exceptional businesswoman with fantastic entrepreneurial skills. To pacify the UKBA she accepted a position in the corporate world.

For a pair of mature newlyweds, this has been the hardest year of our life. We raised families, enjoyed successes, suffered extreme losses, and found the love of our life. We celebrated one-year of marriage this week. Because we are stuck earning one salary and visas held in waiting, our dreams of international travel have been placed on hold. So we gave ourselves a little break and went away to a little hotel near Rye. Best thing we have done all year.

Let me say, I've done everything imaginable to nudge an action from UKBA. To date, they have not even opened our application. They have no idea how easy it is to process, because they haven't even looked at it. On the anniversary of our seventh month of waiting I began to get very proactive. I have:

1. Written our MP four times. (Just received a letter today that he will contact the UKBA Chief Exec again)

2. Written two letters of complaint to UKBA. (Oct 21 / Nov 19 with no reply)

3. Made three requests for information from the Freedom of Information website at www.whatdotheyknow.com. (Oct 25 / Nov 19 / Dec 1 without reply on a single request. Internal review submitted Nov 23)

4. Wrote to Home Secretary Theresa May MP. (No reply)

5. Written three letters to Home Affairs Select Committee Chair re the Work of UKBA Keith Vaz MP. (One reply for acknowledgement)

6. Wrote to the UKBA Chief Exec Rob Whiteman. (Letter signed for on 11 Dec.)

7. Followed this forum and others since June.

8. Conducted significant research on the procedures guidelines and requirements of UKBA.

There is no need to go into the emotional stress and damage this does as we all are going through it. What I can say is this, every single effort I've taken to get answers has not done a thing to get our case noticed. All of us that applied for visas in 2012 happened into a vortex of political positioning, immigration complexities, reduced UKBA staffing, and an above-average number of applications. UKBA is neither equipped or resourced to deal with the mess, bu they are trying.

Try to find ways to hunkerdown for a long wait. Here are some tips that I've discovered:

1. Take a break from this forum and other immigration info sources on a regular basis. When you start feeling down about the UKBA wait, do something nice for yourself instead of looking here. Looking here will not speed up your process any more than a petition or letter campaign to the PM.

2. Look for the good in this country and the people that call it home. For many the move to the UK is quite the culture shock. Even Brits are challenged by the changes over the past ten years as evidenced by the 2011 census. What we do is to take time to get out of our area now and then if even for a day or weekend. This place is amazing and the people are great. You, I, and all of us on this forum will bring our own cultures to add to this tapestry of the UK. Savour all you can.

3. Personal improvement. You are going to be waiting...and it could be a long time. Do something that gives you value. I've just discovered Free University. There are several. Here is one http://www.open.edu/openlearn/

There are some folks that get lucky with the lottery. Some get lucky in love (that would be me). Some get lucky with their visa. Don't rely on luck for your happiness. Make it!
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

AmunRah
Newly Registered

Post by AmunRah » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Hello all,

My time line is :
Docs. sent: 4th oct (recieved next day)
Ack. Letter: 23rd oct
Bio Letter: 14 dec (dated 11th dec)
Bio enrolled: 15th dec
Docs returned :
BRP arrived:

From - Tier 2 Genral WP
To - FLR(M)

Need to change jobs desparately, got an interview lined up next week. Not sure what to do if I'm offered the role?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:02 pm

AmunRah wrote: Need to change jobs desparately, got an interview lined up next week. Not sure what to do if I'm offered the role?
Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Prospective Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck with your interview.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

AmunRah
Newly Registered

Post by AmunRah » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
AmunRah wrote: Need to change jobs desparately, got an interview lined up next week. Not sure what to do if I'm offered the role?
Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Prospective Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck with your interview.
Once again Damanisshallo thank you, you're a star!

mindhunter89
Newly Registered

Post by mindhunter89 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:23 pm

AleksSol wrote:Hi everyone,
I have been following this forum for a few months now. Thank you for posting your timelines, it's very helpful.
Here s mine:

Application Submitted: 5th July 2012
Application Acknowledged: 9th July 2012
Biometric Invitation: 6th September 2012
Biometric Submission: 7th September 2012
Contacted UKBA and asked for my husband's passport back: 24/09/2012
Husband passport returned: 03/10/2012
Documents&BRP: still waiting :(

Good luck everyone! Hope good news are coming soon...
Hi,
We applied on 06/07/12 and got biometrics on 06/09/12 and done Biometrics on 12/09/12 and I also requested my wife's Passport Back on 06/09/12 for emergency travel and we received passport on 04/10/12 with letter they wrote "we don't need to send her passport back because her pp Photocopy will remain with outstanding application if caseworker need her passport caseworker will request again.after that no update from them still waiting...

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:33 am

Hi guys,

Has anyone been in a similar situation and if so what did you do about it...

My passport which is with the UKBA is due to expire in Feb 2013....I have spoken to the passport people at the embassy which say I can use my valid Canadian drivers license to apply for a renewal and they will issue me with a temporary one which I can send to the UKBA as I do not have access to my current one.

However, I still don't think that would solve the issue of UKBA having a valid passport for me. Would it be better if I requested my passport back from UKBA on the basis that my passport will expire soon and send them the new one once it has been renewed?

Obviously that would be great if I received my BRP before Feb, but for some reason I'm not holding my breath...

Thanks!

kash_hash

Post by kash_hash » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:25 pm

after a long wait ukba refused my visa, now i am going for a appeal.

bustednotch

Post by bustednotch » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Oh no kash_hash! Can you tell us more about it please? So sorry to hear :(

Khadyja
Newly Registered

Post by Khadyja » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:46 pm

I am due to give birth next month. We submitted our application in May, completed biometrics in June, received a letter saying it is with a caseworker and then no news since. I've emailed my MP who is 'chasing it up' I got a standard letter from the Immigration MP basically saying wait your turn. My MP responded with a letter to me saying clearly that this Government are incompetent. It would have been nice for my husband to have better working rights and for us to be able to relax and enjoy life for a bit. It seems like I am shouting and no one is listening to me. I have called Mark Harper and emailed him he ignores all the messages. I've made a complaint against UKBA which they have lodged into their computers, this has had no impact. I've wasted time and money calling the enquiry line to only receive no information. It's just horrible, they don't care. May God help us

kash_hash

Post by kash_hash » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:21 pm

bustednotch wrote:Oh no kash_hash! Can you tell us more about it please? So sorry to hear :(
see here detail:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=120961

rassell
Newly Registered

Re: FLR

Post by rassell » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:01 pm

. My timeline is:

Docs sent: 30/05/12
Biometrics submitted 05/07/12

I have heard nothing since.
Thank you[/quote]

Claire26
Newly Registered

Post by Claire26 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Spousal VISA for American entry into UK

VISA was submitted approx. 11th October.

Refused on 13th December.

On financial grounds for proof of income on self employment.

mojiao
Newly Registered

Post by mojiao » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:16 pm

I have been following this forum for a while.....it's very helpful to read all the post but also depressing at times. Finally my 8 month wait is over. I received my passport and documents today, with a letter saying BRP will arrive in 7 days. Might be a coincidence but I did send a complaint email a couple of weeks ago. Not sure whether it helped. Anyway here is my timeline:

FLR M applied: April 2nd 2012
Biometric completed: April 17th 2012
Passport and Document received: December 18th 2012
BRP: waiting

letitgo
Newly Registered

Post by letitgo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:50 pm

We haven't received ack. letter and it's been 6months since we sent the application.. At this point we're not even sure if they have received it or not :( We tried contacting them a few times (calling them or sending letters) but we either didn't get a response from them or been told that they cannot give details about the case yet.
Who to contact about this?

emyfraser
Newly Registered

Post by emyfraser » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:05 pm

letitgo wrote:We haven't received ack. letter and it's been 6months since we sent the application.. At this point we're not even sure if they have received it or not :( We tried contacting them a few times (calling them or sending letters) but we either didn't get a response from them or been told that they cannot give details about the case yet.
Who to contact about this?
Hi Letitgo - have they taken your money? If they've taken your money, then they have your application. There are a few people on here who never received an acknowledgement letter but the UKBA received the application.. I would probably double check that they have the right address for you, though. If they've not taken your money, then I think it's safe to assume they've never received your application. As far as I'm aware, everyone else on here had money taken right away. Did you get a tracking number when you sent it?

letitgo
Newly Registered

Post by letitgo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi emyfraser,
thanks for your response! No, they haven't taken the money. We even started thinking that we might have made a mistake when writing down card details. At the same time I don't understand why they haven't contacted us about it. Before he had a student visa so maybe they are trying to contact him on the previous address? Could this be the case?
I also cannot believe that the parcel has gone missing since we have the receipt which prooves that we sent it to the right address and someone has signed it. :cry:
Could you tell me who to contact in this case? I think we tried every single postcode they have on ukba website and we haven't received not even a single response :(
To be honest it's getting more and more depressing!

Khadyja
Newly Registered

Tracking your application

Post by Khadyja » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:38 pm

If you want to know if they have your application I would ring 08706067766. Select option 4, that way you talk to a human being. I emailed my MP to complain about the waiting time- he contacted Mark Harper who is the Immigratoon Minister who responded with a letter saying wait your turn, there is no point contacting Mark Harper direct he only respons to MPs however the letter confirmed the date the UKBA received the application. It's easy to contact your MP google their name and their office number and email should come up. If you email via the what do they know website a template is provided and they respond quickly too as they usually have a secretary.

Congrats on those getting their visa granted. For those like me still waiting God willing our time will come, and those with bad news God willing you will find a solution.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:39 pm

mojiao wrote:I have been following this forum for a while.....it's very helpful to read all the post but also depressing at times. Finally my 8 month wait is over. I received my passport and documents today, with a letter saying BRP will arrive in 7 days. Might be a coincidence but I did send a complaint email a couple of weeks ago. Not sure whether it helped. Anyway here is my timeline:

FLR M applied: April 2nd 2012
Biometric completed: April 17th 2012
Passport and Document received: December 18th 2012
BRP: waiting
Congrate mojiao... great to hear April coming through now - sort of an exciting news!!!

Mojiao can you please tell me if they asked for any additional documents ?

Thanks

emyfraser
Newly Registered

Post by emyfraser » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi Letitgo

That is really weird that you have proof of delivery but nothing since then. I'm sorry I have no idea what to advise or who you could try to contact - many people have contacted their MP, so maybe you could take that route. I know it's so frustrating trying to contact them, I wish I knew how to get someone to actually speak with you!

letitgo
Newly Registered

Post by letitgo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Thank you guys we'll try both phoning them and emailing them too.
Thanks a lot

MrsWillo
Newly Registered

Post by MrsWillo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks 'Backagain' - your message to me helped see things in a different light.

I am just worried i'll be rejected, as most applicants feel i guess.
Week 28, feeling apprehensive still.. everytime the postal lady rings the bell i silently pray it's my documents back! But... no... im still here, left waiting, imagining... and wishing! lol.

Im not going to think about it, going to enjoy christmas in Chester with my husband and his family, my new in-laws... and have an enjoyable 6 days with them all.

Thanks again... have a lovely christmas too.

Kyls x :D