ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:47 pm

AWW..Mashallah ns99 sis..many congratulations to u and ur hubby..

sis is he planin on makin u suffer longer lol..why not get the next flight available...;)...good luck for the future sis and may Allah grant u evry happiness :) ameen xx im really happy for u sis :)

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:05 pm

henna786 wrote:
zahra110 wrote:ok so it seems i dialled the right number in the first place - engaged tones both times!
the reason for that is because they are closed today, they work sun-thurs lol x

it is thurs today...and i called during office hours :shock:
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH

henna786

Post by henna786 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:17 pm

zahra110 wrote:
henna786 wrote:
zahra110 wrote:ok so it seems i dialled the right number in the first place - engaged tones both times!
the reason for that is because they are closed today, they work sun-thurs lol x

it is thurs today...and i called during office hours :shock:
Oh ok well it said on the website they closed so don't know then lol:)
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

Blitz03

Post by Blitz03 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:39 pm

ns99 wrote:Alhamdulillah my hubby got his passport stamped with visa...!!!!

Can anyone tell me how many days he has to travel in..? 28 days or 3 months...?'
Congrats.........

Yes he can delay his entry to the UK by 3 Months ONLY .. all the best. I.A
"Whoever wants to be leader & guide, should educate himself before educating others; before teaching moralties to others he should improve his morals & character" Hazrat Ali (R.A)

ask120
Newly Registered

Post by ask120 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Sorry one bugging question, copies of my passport need to be attested by a solicitor, any other documents?

Blitz03

Post by Blitz03 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:55 pm

ask120 wrote:Sorry one bugging question, copies of my passport need to be attested by a solicitor, any other documents?
>Spouse sponsorship declaration

>Passport copies including entry and exits stamps.

>Perhaps a letter from your Mum/Dad (who ever owns the property) stating they are happy for your spouse to join you at the property.

hope that helps
"Whoever wants to be leader & guide, should educate himself before educating others; before teaching moralties to others he should improve his morals & character" Hazrat Ali (R.A)

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:07 pm

navie999 wrote:Salaams..

THIS IS HOW IT IS:

- There is no point ringing Gerry's unless you want to waste your money. All they do is check your status from the VFS website, which you can do yourself. Their phoneline is designed for those applicants who do not have internet access. They probs mess up once in a blue moon, in terms of them not updating the status to 'docs to collect', but very rarely.

- This 60 working day thing is a GUIDELINE only. People who are counting down, there is no point. It can take upto 24 weeks! Im not saying that will happen with all of us, but we shouldnt have it in our hearts and minds that we'll defo get a reply within 60 days, because that would just lead to dissapointment. Also being over 60 days does not put you in a stronger position to start enquiring. Because they will say it can take upto 24 weeks, so patience is key.

- I have spoken to an ECO in ABU DHABI and she has advised me to ring on wednesday as they are going to be sending a BIG batch of applications back togeather. I will update this site as soon as I've heard back from them.

PLEASE DO NOT RING ABU DHABI AND SAY 'I WANT TO SPEAK TO AN ECO, BECAUSE SOMEBODY I KNOW HAS'..

- I don't know if anyone has tried ringing the embassy in Pakistan. They are the worst bunch of useless idiots you will encouter. They are rude, ignorant, and again you'll be wasting your money if you ring them. As soon as you say 'visa', they will put you through to a pointless automated message.

I think the above just about covers most peoples concerns and worries. Like I said, just wait. Be patient. Yes, we all love our spouses, but love doesnt speed up the process. Sooner or later, we will all hear back and InshaAllah it'll be good news.

Remember all in your Dua's.

:)
Hopefully the December and January applicants will hear something very soon.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

ns99

Post by ns99 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:38 am

XnailaX wrote:AWW..Mashallah ns99 sis..many congratulations to u and ur hubby..

sis is he planin on makin u suffer longer lol..why not get the next flight available...;)...good luck for the future sis and may Allah grant u evry happiness :) ameen xx im really happy for u sis :)
Looks like he is! I told him to come earlier but if his cars and things are sold then he's gonna come :( he's got no brothers there that can carry on with his firm.. I hope they go quick man lol n omg ur hubby's coming 2day...!! May Allah keep u happy sis, have a blessed married life :) <3

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:01 pm

ns99 wrote:

Looks like he is! I told him to come earlier but if his cars and things are sold then he's gonna come :( he's got no brothers there that can carry on with his firm.. I hope they go quick man lol n omg ur hubby's coming 2day...!! May Allah keep u happy sis, have a blessed married life :) <3
ns99 u only got ur call letter a wk or so ago, it takes time to wrap up thnz when your moving to another country for good so bear with him:)

seems like they have started giving passports back fairly quickly now once submitted after the decision has been overturend:p
visa-grante:25.10.12

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:06 pm

does anyone know if you can fill the vaf4a form in the uk and post it to spouse in pakistan and then submit the same form. or do you have to fill in another form in pakistan when you go to submit your documents

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:09 pm

sakman wrote:does anyone know if you can fill the vaf4a form in the uk and post it to spouse in pakistan and then submit the same form. or do you have to fill in another form in pakistan when you go to submit your documents
u need to fill the form online and then print it off. ur wife takes a copy of that print out + supporting documents to the visa centre..
visa-grante:25.10.12

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:17 pm

sakman wrote:does anyone know if you can fill the vaf4a form in the uk and post it to spouse in pakistan and then submit the same form. or do you have to fill in another form in pakistan when you go to submit your documents
Yes you can do it, providing the application is in a book format ( printed double sided and stapled together).Your SPOUSE will need to sign it and then submit it.

Application printed single side and stapled together will not be accepted though.

Make sure you keep copies of all every documents you send for your own reference

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:02 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Yes you can do it, providing the application is in a book format ( printed double sided and stapled together).Your SPOUSE will need to sign it and then submit it.

Application printed single side and stapled together will not be accepted though.

Make sure you keep copies of all every documents you send for your own reference
thanks again, i wasnt sure of this, but will do this now as it just safer to fill it in myself

Mush2012

Post by Mush2012 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:39 pm

batleykhan wrote:

Batleykhan, can you confirm that you are saying that the application will be refused on the grounds that the vaf4a is printed single sided.
We completed it in this manner as there was no guidance on how this form should be printed on the UKBA site.

Also on your excellent guide posted on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:08 pm, p217

"Documents to be provided by Applicants

Applications will only be accepted at the visa application centre if applicants:

1. provide a signed, dated visa application form (VAF4); http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/vaf4a"

It doesnt mention that the form should be printed double-sided. I did not have access to a full duplex printer, and printed it off as standard single side.

I am concerned that the ECO will reject the application on these grounds, especially since they did not stipulate how the form should be printed.

Please reply asap, and what I should / can do now.

Allah hafiz

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:04 pm

salaam..:)

yeh friday is here..his flight ws meant to b at 9pm...but abit delayed to 9.45..:(..lol

ameen to ur duas ns99..wish the same for u too :) xx

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Mush2012 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Batleykhan, can you confirm that you are saying that the application will be refused on the grounds that the vaf4a is printed single sided.
We completed it in this manner as there was no guidance on how this form should be printed on the UKBA site.

Applications will only be accepted at the visa application centre if applicants:

1. provide a signed, dated visa application form (VAF4); http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/vaf4a"

It doesnt mention that the form should be printed double-sided. I did not have access to a full duplex printer, and printed it off as standard single side.

I am concerned that the ECO will reject the application on these grounds, especially since they did not stipulate how the form should be printed.

Allah hafiz
I didn't say application will be refused,it will be just that FedEx MAY not accept it in that format (single sided printout) as the forms they give out to anyone applying are in a book format rather than single sided pages. If its being accepted by FedEx, then you have nothing to worry.It wont be refused by ECO because its single sided,so I wouldnt worry to much :wink:

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 pm

batleykhan wrote:

can i fill out my wifes side of the application or does it need to be in her handwriting?

Also this might be a dumb question but where is the best place to staple the document- as i dont want to staple it and it becomes hard to turn over the pages?

Thanks

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Mush2012 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Allah hafiz
I submitted mines one sided aswel and it was accepted by Gerrys so shouldn't be a problem.

Also one of my cousin did the same last year and got a visa.
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:53 pm

sakman wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

can i fill out my wifes side of the application or does it need to be in her handwriting?

Also this might be a dumb question but where is the best place to staple the document- as i dont want to staple it and it becomes hard to turn over the pages?

Which documents you want to get stapled?

Im sure you could do it yourself just staple them at the corners like everyone else does. I had to staple some of my e-bills.
:)

Thanks

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:55 pm

ns99 wrote:

Congrats ns99 :)

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

Mush2012

VAF4A FORM

Post by Mush2012 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:17 pm

Batleykhan, many thanks for explaining your earlier post, I understand what you meant now.
I did not realise that Gerry’s /FedEx gave out the vaf4a forms as well, I thought everyone just downloaded the latest version of the form the UKBA site and printed it onto A4 paper.

Sakman, you should staple the form on the left corner parallel to the paper, so the pages can be turned and none of the text is caught in the fold. Best thing is to test it out and only send the form you are most comfortable with.
Regarding completing the form, I would suggest if you have clear legible handwriting, then you should complete the whole form and only leave the applicant signature free for your wife to sign.

The ECO is not going to analyse the handwriting, as I completed the form for my daughter and son-in-law as neither had good legible handwriting. As the most important thing is to ensure that the writing the ECO reads is clear and legible, unless some more experienced posters disagree.
Allah hafiz

sw33tazra
- thin ice -

Post by sw33tazra » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:05 am

salam all, im so glad i found this site, i was stressing on my own and now it feels a little better to be able to read other posts and get advice
my husband applied for his visa on 12/03/12. his status read 'forwaded to islamabad oc' i never had a clue what that was. then on 26/03/12 his status read 'application under process at british high commission' and were still waiting!
the CEO who put my husbands case forward said that all his cases have been returned back the latest 28 working days!! thats not including weekends. so by 18th april it shall be 28 working days...really hope we hear something good. we have a little boy together whos just turned 1. my husband has missed out on all his first 'special moments' i just really want us all together now.
i hope everyone is in the best health and imaan..
look forward to speaking to u guys
Allah hafiz x

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:58 am

sw33tazra wrote:salam all, im so glad i found this site, i was stressing on my own and now it feels a little better to be able to read other posts and get advice
my husband applied for his visa on 12/03/12. his status read 'forwaded to islamabad oc' i never had a clue what that was. then on 26/03/12 his status read 'application under process at british high commission' and were still waiting!
the CEO who put my husbands case forward said that all his cases have been returned back the latest 28 working days!! thats not including weekends. so by 18th april it shall be 28 working days...really hope we hear something good. we have a little boy together whos just turned 1. my husband has missed out on all his first 'special moments' i just really want us all together now.
Allah hafiz x
Walaykumsalam and Welcome to the forum.

Yup its a good forum to join, all those who are waiting or need help.
Very informative :-)

So the case was submitted last month. Usually all applicants get the second update between 11-14 days.

Who is the CEO?

All cases have not been returned back after 28 days well majority have not anyway. Many members on this forum are still waiting who have applied in December/ January.
So i really don't know where tihs "CEO" is getting their information from.

At the current rate it looks like all applicants will have to wait 12 weeks (60 working days) before they hear anything.

Timescales have changed im afraid. :(

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:07 pm

sw33tazra wrote:salam all, im so glad i found this site, i was stressing on my own and now it feels a little better to be able to read other posts and get advice
Allah hafiz x
I agree its a nice forum to keep yourself updated on the application process and share your thoughts with people in similar situation.

Who is this CEO as the majority of people here have been waiting for more than 2 months normal timescales are 60 working days. I would really like to know who this CEO and where he is getting his information from.

sw33tazra
- thin ice -

CEO

Post by sw33tazra » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Salam, the CEO is the consultant who has prepared our case and put it forward to the british high commision.his based in the pakistan embassy islamabad. its like getting a solicitor to go through all your paperwork from uk but instead we got the ceo to do it in pakistan. his been working at the embassy for nearly 20 years now so i do believe in what he says.
he said unless there has been holidays in between like christmas and new year all his cases have come back within 28 working days