ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ir13
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by Ir13 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:13 pm

J_Karim wrote:
Ir13 wrote:Application based on 3 years spouse
Application Date: 11/08/2016 (received 12/08/2016) old form
1st Letter: Pending
Second Stage Letter: Pending[

Hi
Now a days people are getting acknowledgement in up to 7 weeks
Thank you for your answer :)

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Any one received second letter in last few days? even approval but not invited for the 19th ceremony??

Please share
Thank you
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:30 am

Hi there,

Applied: 8th of September 2016
First Letter: Pending
Second Letter: Pending

Have been informed by INIS that I should expect the first letter between 2-3 weeks as I sent in my original passport with the new application forms. Hopefully this week!

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi All,

Anyone who applied in the last week of March or first week of April. I want to know the status.

I want to plan holidays. Should I look forward for the Dec. ceremony or just wait? A few stories here are very depressing and my conclusion is, the process is not very clear and it totally depends who is dealing with your case.

A person has broken law and didnt declare anything in the application got his approval on time.
A person who has not any convicted or the traffic related offence (pure clean)- delayed by 2 years
A person who has conviction or traffic offence and mentioned - not delayed / delayed in some cases.

Spouse of Irish national is only clear process, they get an advantage.

Thanks
RgIrish

PS J_Karim - buddy we can't use the word in its definition. ;)

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:11 pm

The citizenship ceremony earlier was quick and fun. Now next step is to apply for an irish passport☺☺☺
Thanks to all the support that I got here when I was waiting for my approval.
To all the new applicants. Im sure there will be a wave of approvals in the next coming weeks. So just keep an eye on your mailbox!! Goodluck to everyone waiting...

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi All,

Anyone who applied in the last week of March or first week of April. I want to know the status.

I want to plan holidays. Should I look forward for the Dec. ceremony or just wait? A few stories here are very depressing and my conclusion is, the process is not very clear and it totally depends who is dealing with your case.

A person has broken law and didnt declare anything in the application got his approval on time.
A person who has not any convicted or the traffic related offence (pure clean)- delayed by 2 years
A person who has conviction or traffic offence and mentioned - not delayed / delayed in some cases.

Thanks
RgIrish

PS J_Karim - buddy we can't use the word in its definition.

Hi
As you applied in march if i were you I will have big hope december ceremony.Then again if you have complexity in your case might take longer..
Now if u want go for holiday you might need youR new irish passport so, you have to keep that in mind..
on the otherhand if you get approval you will have only citizenship cert in your hand and no GNIB..
I am certainly not sure flying with citizenship letter and no GNIB..

Whts your time line and based on ur application if like to share please..

Regards
J.K

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi Pixi12

Many congratulation :-)

would you be kind to tell me what exactly happened during ceremony today. how long did it take ?
can we take our friends with us ?

many thanks in advance

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Deekay wrote:Hi Pixi12

Many congratulation :-)

would you be kind to tell me what exactly happened during ceremony today. how long did it take ?
can we take our friends with us ?

many thanks in advance
Thanks Deekay!!
It says on the invitation letter that It will take 1 hour and 40 mins. But it only took 1 hour for the ceremony(as i went to the queue early also)
You can take one guests with you, but if you have a kid you can bring them as well.
It was well organized. Guess they already know what to do as they've been doing it for years now. Minister Fitzgerald wasnt there though. But it was a straighforward ceremony.
Hopefully everyone waiting here will get there approval soon.
Goodluck to all!!!

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:36 pm

J_Karim wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
RgIrish

PS J_Karim - buddy we can't use the word in its definition.

Hi
As you applied in march if i were you I will have big hope december ceremony.Then again if you have complexity in your case might take longer..
Now if u want go for holiday you might need youR new irish passport so, you have to keep that in mind..
on the otherhand if you get approval you will have only citizenship cert in your hand and no GNIB..
I am certainly not sure flying with citizenship letter and no GNIB..

Whts your time line and based on ur application if like to share please..
Each application is different and we dont really know when you can expect approval. As long as you think you never did anything that can prejudice your application, I'm sure you will get your approval with no problem. If you went to court, applying based on irish association, havent submitted documents needed on time, immigration problems, applied through a solicitor(as this is a straightforward application) those usually are the ones getting delayed with their application(but not all).
Just make sure everything is correct when filling the form and all the documents needed are submitted.
In regards with your question on december ceremony. There might be another one for this year. As this sept is just the third ceremony they had for 2016. Because usually its 4 times in a year if im not mistaken. Goodluck!!

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:43 pm

THE INFORMATION BELOW SHOULD BE USEFUL/HELPFUL TO SOME OF OUR MEMBERS HERE ON THIS FORUM (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL BUT SOMEONE'S CANDID OPINION BASED ON EXPERIENCE HANDLING APPLICATIONS FOR OVER FIFTY FAMILY, FRIENDS ETC.)

Simple time line that always work : (Following is for normal 5 years cases : Spouses of Irish subjects get it quicker than rest but not ALWAYS )

First letter / acknowledgement = 3 days to 2 weeks maximum . ( usually 1 week )

Second Stage Letter = 4 week to 8 weeks ( usually 6 weeks ) Will increase by a few days if they asked for anything .

Now is the stress stage : Approval letter

Look at date of your second stage letter ... Add 3 months 25 Days . ( Give or take 5 days ) You should have an approval letter . If not you been naughty somewhere .

in the waiting time simply email them if you are not sure about how is your application progressing .

The above include

Garda checks = 4 weeks
Revenue / Benefit / Social checks = 1 to 2 days each ( usually 1 day )
Advance Stage 3 to 6 weeks ( usually 4 )
Minister office = 3 to 4 weeks ( usually 3 )

Does Benefits/ Social of any kind delays you application ===== No
Do they give approval while you are on benefits / social welfare or were in last 3 years ===== Yes

Traffic and other offences delays = Not at all if you have not gone to court .

Court appeared and cleared or found guilty or you went guilty yourself or what ever the case : Delay 3 to 6 months in approval on top of normal time above . ( This applies even if cases was strck off or you were fined and paid it )

Not paid fines / unknown fines etc = Can be deferred for 1 year by minister ( Reapply after 1 year ) 50% of cases .

Away for more than 6 weeks = No problem as far as you declare with a valid reason .

What to avoid : Solicitors esp Trayers & Company , brophy etc Department delays the cases as they believe you have something serious to hide / fight for . Otherwise why will you use a solicitor for a so simple application . This is what they think now so don't gun me down for that , take your own decisions . Nearly 20 cases who applied through solicitors are delayed for me from 1 month to 6 months . ~ SOURCE: bstar

This might be helpful for everyone waiting. This is just a rough estimation.

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:58 pm

pixie12 wrote:THE INFORMATION BELOW SHOULD BE USEFUL/HELPFUL TO SOME OF OUR MEMBERS HERE ON THIS FORUM (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL BUT SOMEONE'S CANDID OPINION BASED ON EXPERIENCE HANDLING APPLICATIONS FOR OVER FIFTY FAMILY, FRIENDS ETC.)

Simple time line that always work : (Following is for normal 5 years cases : Spouses of Irish subjects get it quicker than rest but not ALWAYS )

Second Stage Letter = 4 week to 8 weeks ( usually 6 weeks ) Will increase by a few days if they asked for anything .

Look at date of your second stage letter ... Add 3 months 25 Days . ( Give or take 5 days ) You should have an approval letter . If not you been naughty somewhere .

in the waiting time simply email them if you are not sure about how is your application progressing .

The above include

Garda checks = 4 weeks

Do they give approval while you are on benefits / social welfare or were in last 3 years ===== Yes

Court appeared and cleared or found guilty or you went guilty yourself or what ever the case : Delay 3 to 6 months in approval on top of normal time above . ( This applies even if cases was strck off or you were fined and paid it )

Not paid fines / unknown fines etc = Can be deferred for 1 year by minister ( Reapply after 1 year ) 50% of cases .

Away for more than 6 weeks = No problem as far as you declare with a valid reason .

What to avoid : Solicitors esp Trayers & Company , brophy etc Department delays the cases as they believe you have something serious to hide / fight for . Otherwise why will you use a solicitor for a so simple application . This is what they think now so don't gun me down for that , take your own decisions . Nearly 20 cases who applied through solicitors are delayed for me from 1 month to 6 months . ~ SOURCE: bstar

Thank you for this I for.
Last email I sent I got being prepared for submission but has not yet been submitted. Is that advance stage?
I remember previous to ur approval you posted u had emailed thm and was told being prepared for submission, if I am not mistaking, how long dd it take after until you revived your approval?

Thanks in advance and congratulations on your citizenship

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:39 pm

Cz2015 wrote:
pixie12 wrote:THE INFORMATION BELOW SHOULD BE USEFUL/HELPFUL TO SOME OF OUR MEMBERS HERE ON THIS FORUM (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL BUT SOMEONE'S CANDID OPINION BASED ON EXPERIENCE HANDLING APPLICATIONS FOR OVER FIFTY FAMILY, FRIENDS ETC.)

The above include

Garda checks = 4 weeks

Thank you for this I for.
Last email I sent I got being prepared for submission but has not yet been submitted. Is that advance stage?
I remember previous to ur approval you posted u had emailed thm and was told being prepared for submission, if I am not mistaking, how long dd it take after until you revived your approval?

Thanks in advance and congratulations on your citizenship

Nope I wasn't told that. I was from processing til march 2016 then april 2016 it was changed to advance stage til I got my approval letter last june 2016. Advance stage is when the garda checks, revenue, etc is done. What is the basis of your application?

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:29 am

Hi Folks,

5 year on EU4FAM

I Applied 19 sept 2016 :mrgreen:

As for citizenship process.

I work in a Fraud department for a company.

I am pretty sure they do profile people. I am sure they some kind of risk level system like in my company or even you request a credit . For fraud company which is closer to what INIS do . (Details like place of Birth , Country of citizenship , Immigration history , criminal history, and more ) Any of these details are likely to influence ( unbiased or biased ) application timeframes.
I have seen people of all kind with citizenship ( it's not just about being wealthy or nice guy the gave to a hairdresser before a very good doctor )
So i will bet my life there's a score system to determine whether to check more on you on not and of course there luck :wink:

Good luck to all those waiting.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:28 am

broli wrote:Hi Folks,

5 year on EU4FAM

I Applied 19 sept 2016 :mrgreen:

As for citizenship process.

I work in a Fraud department for a company.

I am pretty sure they do profile people. I am sure they some kind of risk level system like in my company or even you request a credit . For fraud company which is closer to what INIS do . (Details like place of Birth , Country of citizenship , Immigration history , criminal history, and more ) Any of these details are likely to influence ( unbiased or biased ) application timeframes.
I have seen people of all kind with citizenship ( it's not just about being wealthy or nice guy the gave to a hairdresser before a very good doctor )
So i will bet my life there's a score system to determine whether to check more on you on not and of course there luck :wink:

Good luck to all those waiting.
You are right broli, i am also working in a company deals with fraud and there are certain rules (i am not talking about law) this is like internal rules same as in database for example If person A is born in Country listed in A , B and C , then send file to Special Branch, Garda, Revenue , European Security agency etc.. if not then process to final stage, i hope you know what i mean :-)
I know some doctors even highly qualified professionals even businessman , they got their cases delayed and through my own analysis this is because of some factors i.e Citizenship (country where applicant born) as this is an important factor as some countries credit rating are too bad and it effect their citizens Secondly how long the applicant has stayed in Ireland, activity in Ireland . Citizenship is not a visa which is granted for a time , it is for life so the state is very very careful to grant citizenship , I know many cases where citizenship was granted to those who had even broke the law or are from the those region of the world where the credit history is not good and i think that was just a luck.
By the way Guys i was in the citizenship ceremony for my wife (19 sept) really wished i could be there but hope in the next one.But want to share you one think that i saw alot of Europeans in the ceremony i.e East European and British and this may be due to Brexit and will cause delay in our application due to large amount of applicants.

Best of Luck and hope we are all those lucky ones to get through the process quickly as we all deserve it after been here soo long

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:56 am

Hi SouthDubliner ,

A lot of Europeans yes . Because i started to believe their a process is faster in average than those came from some random countries.

My wife is european her profile is not good at all she's being staying home for years. i will get her to apply and watch :mrgreen: i am sure she will burn any non european speed :) .

And yes that rating system they would never tell us but it makes the process more complex ( more scrutiny and checks ) for people from some countries in addition the person who works on file is also a factor (Speed or time waste).

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:17 pm

broli wrote:Hi SouthDubliner ,

A lot of Europeans yes . Because i started to believe their a process is faster in average than those came from some random countries.

My wife is european her profile is not good at all she's being staying home for years. i will get her to apply and watch :mrgreen: i am sure she will burn any non european speed :) .

And yes that rating system they would never tell us but it makes the process more complex ( more scrutiny and checks ) for people from some countries in addition the person who works on file is also a factor (Speed or time waste).
Hi broli,
Well for European yes it takes bit faster but in case if claimed any benefits or been out of state then it will take time.
My wife was European applied first week of feb 2016 , as she never worked in Ireland they requested lots of documents as how she is financially stable plus all letters from HSE , letters from GP (existing and previous) to mention the dates she visited in the clinic so these days they are asking for alots of documentation but still once they (EU citizen) clear the first stage then the second stage is very very quick.
Best of luck

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:03 pm

I analysed the pattern of last wave of approvals. They start sending them in End of June for Sept ceremony. If there is ceremony in Dec. then there should be a wave of approvals soon. Excited/nervous. :)

My timelines are - applied on 23 March 2016
application received on 28 March 2016
Ack and second stage on 31 May 2016

My GNIB will expire in the last week of Oct. I dont want to go through the pain of queuing in GNIB. Please pray for me that i will get approval before that.

Thanks RgIrish

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:23 pm

rgirish wrote:I analysed the pattern of last wave of approvals. They start sending them in End of June for Sept ceremony. If there is ceremony in Dec. then there should be a wave of approvals soon. Excited/nervous. :)

My timelines are - applied on 23 March 2016
application received on 28 March 2016
Ack and second stage on 31 May 2016

My GNIB will expire in the last week of Oct. I dont want to go through the pain of queuing in GNIB. Please pray for me that i will get approval before that.

Thanks RgIrish
Hi RgIrish,
Well first of all best of luck with your application. You will be definitely in the next ceremony. As per information from them (INIS) over the phone the next ceremony is expected (last week of Nov or first week of December) it all depends on the number of applicants they can approve + availability of the venue.
My GNIB is going to expire in Jan 2017 and same here i don't want to go GNIB office just painful process and the staff is rude , had very bad experiences in the past, i wish no one go through the GNIB even my enemies lol :-)
for you it is just to wait but i suggest you to extend your GNIB card as they will ask you even if your case is approved , they need your valid GNIB card.
i hope this will be your last visit to the office
May God Help you
Regards

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi there,

Just thought I'd give you an update on my application (nothing too exciting sadly!) but might help others with timelines!

Applied: 8th of September
First Letter: Informed by INIS that I should expect it in the post by the end of this weekend, 23rd of September including the return of my original passports.
Second Letter: No Clue
Approval: A dream away!

Application Basis: Irish Associations (based on descent of great-grandparents), I'm British citizen.

So it seems that 2 weeks for the first letter is accurate for those who submit the new form with original passport.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:42 pm

tuathanach wrote:Hi there,

Just thought I'd give you an update on my application (nothing too exciting sadly!) but might help others with timelines!

First Letter: Informed by INIS that I should expect it in the post by the end of this weekend, 23rd of September including the return of my original passports.

Application Basis: Irish Associations (based on descent of great-grandparents), I'm British citizen.

So it seems that 2 weeks for the first letter is accurate for those who submit the new form with original passport.
Hi tuathanach,
Yes those who applied with the new application , they are getting ackn within 2 - 3 weeks , As per International Law regarding Passport and Travel Document , They cannot hold your travel document more then 4 weeks (not sure the exact time) if they wish they have to send you a declaration which will be stamped by notary or solicitor that you are allowing them to keep your original passport , This is what one of my friend who is a barrister told me long time ago. Only the country which issued your passport can hold your travel document for unlimited time
So neither INIS want more work nor we want to have more attestation :-)
So best of luck you will have the acknowledgment soon
Keep us updated.
I am not sure how long it takes applying as Irish Association, but generally for European it is quick. Wish you same and see you in the upcoming ceremony
Regards
SouthDubliner

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:46 pm

SouthDubliner1 wrote:

Hi tuathanach,
Yes those who applied with the new application , they are getting ackn within 2 - 3 weeks , As per International Law regarding Passport and Travel Document , They cannot hold your travel document more then 4 weeks (not sure the exact time) if they wish they have to send you a declaration which will be stamped by notary or solicitor that you are allowing them to keep your original passport , This is what one of my friend who is a barrister told me long time ago. Only the country which issued your passport can hold your travel document for unlimited time
Keep us updated.
I am not sure how long it takes applying as Irish Association, but generally for European it is quick. Wish you same and see you in the upcoming ceremony
Regards
SouthDubliner
Thank you so much for the kind message! :) I too would love to see you at the ceremony in December but I have no idea if that is realistic for me. I'm worried that this process might take looong because of the Irish Associations part and the experience of others. You never know though...

Do you think realistically there could even be a small chance of making it? I guess it's all just 'dependent' on who is processing it and how quickly they get it done!

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:50 pm

rgirish
Just want tell you that if have to extend ur visa, from 15th of this month its in inis web site you have book an appointment..
And u can only book an appointment earliest 6 weeks ago..
In your case Id say book an appointment caz no one will be seen with out an appointment from now on..
I wish you get approval soon

PS:whts the basis of your application

Regards
J.K

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:54 pm

tuathanach wrote:
SouthDubliner1 wrote:

Hi tuathanach,
Keep us updated.
Regards
SouthDubliner
Thank you so much for the kind message! :) I too would love to see you at the ceremony in December but I have no idea if that is realistic for me. I'm worried that this process might take looong because of the Irish Associations part and the experience of others. You never know though...

Do you think realistically there could even be a small chance of making it? I guess it's all just 'dependent' on who is processing it and how quickly they get it done!
That's true , it depends who is working on your application if the person is active he/she definitely would love to work quick and close the case soon :-)
But keep positive thoughts and things are possible in the past many people got approval in very short time.
Best of luck !
Regards

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:24 pm

To all,

To get approval sooner..

1.Good character.
2.Currently working
3.No complexity with further Visa..

Its just My own research