ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Godson

Hello Vndpag

Post by Godson » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:00 pm

vndpag wrote:Hi Godson

Dont worry you will get COA very soon I was in same situation some people got earlier then me who applied after me and I was waiting for my COA more then one month but finally I received in 5th week so you will get it also.Good luck keep update us for any queries we all are in same boat.

Thank you.

Maybe if we recieve COA in 5 weeks. RC will come before 90 days.

My question: Why they ask for e-mail address and nothing comes into my e-mail?

Phone contact: I believe texting applicant's will be great idea. Because i can't stand it. How i wanna know if they recieve my application ?

I can't sleep....Thinking about application...And my wife is pregnent aswell.

Godson

Re: Two RC ?

Post by Godson » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Qman wrote:
vndpag wrote:
jam2011

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:03 pm Post subject: Can i apply for a BC after 3 years instead of 6 years?
hi,
Iam a non EEA married to EEA NATIONAL, Iam on a 5 years RC and my EEA wife is getting her BC soon, so can i apply for a BC after 3 years or do i have to wait for 5+1 years??
thanks
HI first congratulation for RC and I am bit confused that you got twice RC ? If i get one I will be very happy good luck for all whose waiting for their RC thanks
He's talking about British Citizenship after getting the Residence Card.

I'm really annoyed that there is a gap of nearly a month between date of issue and date of arrival. It's more than a joke now. I'm almost willing to bet that in order to meet quotas they back date every application by two or three weeks so it looks better for government figures.

Qman i agree with you. Because i wonder how can goverment body sent letter or application ? and it's use up to 1 month to deliever it.

I hope they are reading our comments on here. We don't have to be teaching they what is right.

last question Qman ? I'm confused about some people using special delievery when returning there applicaton? Does UKBA as for additional stamp or special delievery?

UKBA as there own special envelop. Which carries there logo.

Thank you.

Qman
United Kingdom

Post by Qman » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Special delivery can be either a stamp or an envelope. From this year they refused to guarantee that it will be sent by special delivery if you did not send a special delivery stamp or envelope with it.

Having worked for the Royal Mail, 1st class is anything but, so you do take a big risk if they just send it 1st class.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

Kin5666
Newly Registered

Post by Kin5666 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:52 pm

congrats for the RC. Am i the only May applicant??! I'm getting worried now.

alexandrette
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alexandrette » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Kin5666 wrote:congrats for the RC. Am i the only May applicant??! I'm getting worried now.
Kin5666, you are not the only one! I am also may applicant and still nothing..

Application received by UKBA 26th May
COA received 24 June
Since then nothing!

I applied as Civil partner of EEA national (Italian) who is exercising treaty rights for more than ten years.. I was on a work permit visa (ECAA Turkish Work permit)..

I am neither an overstayer nor illegal entrant...

Provided all documents possibly they would need and even more than that..

In relationship more than 3 years.. got married 5 moths ago..
Sent pictures from the wedding, random, holiday pictures, tenacy aggreement, plane tickets together, medical cards, bills..

Partner is a scientist, who had done his PhD working as research fellow and also doing Medical Degree at the same time.. sent Comprehensive Sickness Insurance even he is working and he did not need that! Sent his bank statements, contract of employement, student finance letters, letter from the school, his payslips and all..

I also work in oil company sent my latest payslips, bank statements bills etc..

I prepared a nice folder and put everything in order one by one etc..

I need my RC soon as I need to delay my army service in Turkey, which is compulsary, as they need to see my Residence permit and work permit and letter from the empoyer to be able to delay that and I have nothing in hand..

If I do not delay that, next time I go my home country they will track me down at the airport as if i am running away from the army and send me to do my army service which will ruin my career here and the rest you can imagine..

I had no holiday at all, which is fine but its coming to a point, as I mentioned above, I need that for more serious reasons :)

Thats why my frustration gets bigger when I see people who applied after me and already have their RC. Well Good luck to you all! Hope this will be sorted as soon as possible!

Qman
United Kingdom

Post by Qman » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Sorry to hear that Alexandrette, if there's one thing guaranteed to ruin your day it's having your own army hunting you down.

Hopefully, they will release a big batch of RCs this week. If some COAs are arriving sooner then maybe they are actually doing their jobs.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

cuteson
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by cuteson » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:21 am

Hello,
Just visited this site and found it informative.Please any new update on eea 2 application.
Sent my eea 2 application on the 18th August 2011, received by HO on the 19th August 2011... received COA today 5th September 2011, dated 1st September 2011...
Waiting patiently for the RC...

Godson

hello Alexandrette

Post by Godson » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:35 am

Qman wrote:Sorry to hear that Alexandrette, if there's one thing guaranteed to ruin your day it's having your own army hunting you down.

Hopefully, they will release a big batch of RCs this week. If some COAs are arriving sooner then maybe they are actually doing their jobs.

September will bring some good news. Be calm :)

Godson

Hello Cuteson

Post by Godson » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 am

cuteson wrote:Hello,
Just visited this site and found it informative.Please any new update on eea 2 application.
Sent my eea 2 application on the 18th August 2011, received by HO on the 19th August 2011... received COA today 5th September 2011, dated 1st September 2011...

I was crazy right now.. Because i sent my application 16th August 11, Recieved 17th August. And i having recieve anything yet :) So you're lucky.

Welcome To Forum.

cuteson
Newly Registered

Re: Hello Cuteson

Post by cuteson » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:51 am

Godson wrote:

I was crazy right now.. Because i sent my application 16th August 11, Recieved 17th August. And i having recieve anything yet :) So you're lucky.

Welcome To Forum.
Thanks. yours will come too soon, just look out for it. wish you all the best.

Godson

Re: Hello Cuteson

Post by Godson » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:57 am

cuteson wrote:
Godson wrote:

Welcome To Forum.
Thanks. yours will come too soon, just look out for it. wish you all the best.

Yeah i will check as usual.

bazieres
Newly Registered

Post by bazieres » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Kin5666 wrote:congrats for the RC. Am i the only May applicant??! I'm getting worried now.
I'm a March applicant and my application just turned six months old. I called, and all they were able to tell me is that my application is "in the final stages of processing". The information content of this status is practically zero, since they refused to say anything else (expected date of completion, etc).

I sent them a letter reminding them of the European directive (the "six month rule"), in case that helps.

EB.

Qman
United Kingdom

Post by Qman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Hopefully, they'll put a rush on your application but (this is not intended to worry you) sometimes they just stall if they've misplaced on of your travel documents.

I just want some transparency from the HO, be straight with us and we'll be less likely to sue you....

Like THIS case for instance, the HO made a decision on this guys case in early August and didn't tell him or his lawyer. After taking him to a detention centre and setting a date for deportation then the lawyer was told the application had been rejected.

What would it cost them to say, "Hey, you've still got a couple of weeks left till your application is done" ? It'll certainly be cheaper than all the court cases they are piling up for themselves.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

makiko
Newly Registered

Post by makiko » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 pm

I'm going to send my application form next week! Anyone know if WPA insurance is accepted by the Home Office?

Thank you in advance :)

berber

Post by berber » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:40 pm

bazieres wrote:
I'm a March applicant and my application just turned six months old. I called, and all they were able to tell me is that my application is "in the final stages of processing". The information content of this status is practically zero, since they refused to say anything else (expected date of completion, etc).

I sent them a letter reminding them of the European directive (the "six month rule"), in case that helps.

EB.
you must contact your local member of parlment is the only one who could help you.
Time Scale:

01/06/2011----------EEA2 appl Received by H O
27/06/2011----------CoA issued
14/07/2011----------CoA arrived
29/09/2011 ----------Rc arrived

I applied under EU law my wife German EU Treaty Rights.

bazieres
Newly Registered

Post by bazieres » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 pm

berber wrote:you must contact your local member of parlment is the only one who could help you.
Thanks for the advice, but that sounds like a very lengthy process. I have to travel at the end of the month, so in the worst case I'll end up having to go home for a new family permit. I asked if this could be avoided, and they told me to call the airport; the airport redirected me to the Immigration Section of the Home Office, who in turn redirected me back to the European information centre.

Anyone have any experience with travelling with an expired family permit and just a (more than six month old) COA? It sounds pretty risky to me.

Thanks,
EB.

Godson

Post by Godson » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:19 pm

bazieres wrote:
berber wrote:you must contact your local member of parlment is the only one who could help you.
Thanks for the advice, but that sounds like a very lengthy process. I have to travel at the end of the month, so in the worst case I'll end up having to go home for a new family permit. I asked if this could be avoided, and they told me to call the airport; the airport redirected me to the Immigration Section of the Home Office, who in turn redirected me back to the European information centre.

Anyone have any experience with travelling with an expired family permit and just a (more than six month old) COA? It sounds pretty risky to me.

Thanks,
EB.

It's depend where you are traveling to. Example: If you are traveling to your partner country ? They will allow you to go OUT. But your coming back is not sure. It's happen to my friend few years ago.

My own advise for you; Wait until they sort you out.

Thanks
Godson

bazieres
Newly Registered

Post by bazieres » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Godson wrote: It's depend where you are traveling to. Example: If you are traveling to your partner country ? They will allow you to go OUT. But your coming back is not sure. It's happen to my friend few years ago.

No, I need to leave Europe. For sure they'll let me out, so the question is coming back. I'll let you know how things evolve.

EB.

Kin5666
Newly Registered

Post by Kin5666 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:33 pm

hi guys, good news! got my RC today! Here's my timeline:

Sent: 27/05 (applied as married to EU)
COA received: after 5weeks
RC received: 06/09, got the card from royal mail, went to fetch it today.

The RC is dated 03/08/2011..strange it took that long to arrive. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

makiko
Newly Registered

Post by makiko » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:55 pm

[quote="Kin5666"]hi guys, good news! got my RC today! Here's my timeline:

The RC is dated 03/08/2011..strange it took that long to arrive. Good luck to those who are still waiting.[/quote]

Congratulations!! Could you please tell me which comprehensive sickness insurance you bought? Thank you :)

Godson

Post by Godson » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:25 pm

bazieres wrote:
Godson wrote: It's depend where you are traveling to. Example: If you are traveling to your partner country ? They will allow you to go OUT. But your coming back is not sure. It's happen to my friend few years ago.

No, I need to leave Europe. For sure they'll let me out, so the question is coming back. I'll let you know how things evolve.

EB.

Okay. I wish you the best.

Godson

Post by Godson » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:34 pm

Kin5666 wrote:hi guys, good news! got my RC today! Here's my timeline:

The RC is dated 03/08/2011..strange it took that long to arrive. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
Congract. Enjoy the good moment :)

Kin5666
Newly Registered

Post by Kin5666 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:39 am

sickness insurance? whats that? is it the same as national insurance? I was working before i got married, i guess that covers it.

Godson

Post by Godson » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:30 am

Kin5666 wrote:sickness insurance? whats that? is it the same as national insurance? I was working before i got married, i guess that covers it.
Kin5666 do you include special delievery stamp? Or they sent it normal delievery?

Scarlett82
Newly Registered

Post by Scarlett82 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Here's an update on mine and my husbands application. :)

Application sent 09/06/11 (married to EU citizen)
HO received 10/06/11
COA received about a month later (sorry can't remember eaxct date)
RC received 05/09/11!! :)

With our application we sent a pre-paid special delivery envelope, but the good old UKBA decided to ignore this and send the application by 2nd class, recorded delivery... I was quite annoyed about this! I'm not sure if the fact that the address on the pre-paid envelope was my work address (application was for my husband) had anything to do with it. The reason we did this was simply because we thought that receiving it all at my workplace would be easier and safer.

The RC is dated 15/08 - 3 weeks before we actually received it... I think it's a disgrace that it takes them this long to send off the RCs! Especially if you send a pre-paid envelope with your application! You would think that all they need to do is put everything in the envelope and send it off, but I guess that would make things too easy...

Anyway - good luck to everyone who is still waiting! Try to be patient! :)