ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:09 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:
HI SHAJEE ,
Thanks very much for your kind reply. As you suggested to mentioned this in covering letter about not being able to send black pages of the passport as Its with HO.
do you think sending the other alternative documents mentioned in note 8 is a good idea?
ALSO
3.15 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?
How did you answer this or if mentioned in the covering letter then which manners (eg, ILR decision pending)

3.16 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?
How to answer this in covering letter.

Can I request you to SHARE the sample of covering letter you sent if possible ( PM me Plz ). This would provide me an idea of creating one to answer all those questions.
Many thanks

Kind Regards
Bharat
Hi Bharat Bahi,
You can attach as many supporting documents as you like, the more documents the better.
Regards to your questions I will answer them one by one

3.15 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?
How did you answer this or if mentioned in the covering letter then which manners (eg, ILR decision pending)
I answered main sponsor application for ILR is still pending, reference to the covering letter.
3.16 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?
How to answer this in covering letter.
I answered this 10 years long residency ILR
I will forward your and Brother Arsal385 the specimen of the covering letter through PM.
All the best with all your applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee
HI SHAHJEE BHAI,
Thanks very much for your detailed answer to each question also for sending the covering letter. i am almost done with my application of course it would not be possible if were not here to help. God bless you and help you the way you helping everyone.
kind Regards
bharat

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:16 pm

It is easy to sponsor your spouse when you were on Tier 1 General. Sponsoring someone as dependant on settled visa like ILR is very daunting due to HO strict requirements.You will need to collect a lot of evidence including your last 6-12 months bank statements, employer letter,6-12 months original payslips. Proof of cohabitation/ subsistence of relationship. Marriage certificate in English, accommodation proof, maintenance proof, Evidence of English language etc. You better look into the relevant forum of this website as this website is dedicated for Long residency SET (LR) applications.
Thanks gnesh and arsal385 for your suggestions.
I have gathered list of the following documents.
I have over £3000 in my bank acoount for the last three months.
OK for maintenance
I have piks of our marriage.
OK for the proof of subsistence of relationship
I have been sending her monies and i have got all the reciepts.
Again it is proof of subsistence of relationship
I have translated my nikah document in english from Nadra pakistan.
NADRA certificate that contains information both in Urdu and English is fine.
She had applied for a1 test hopefully she should pass it.
This will fulfil English language requirement.
I have chat/call logs of the tym since we got married.
Again this is a proof of subsistence of relationship.
As i am self employed i dont know what do i need to show?
This is the main requirement. As you are self employed so you probably need to submit more evidence than those who are employed by companies.
Secondly which application form do i need to use ?
I am only aware of FLR M form which is used for the extension of spouse visa in the UK. Please search on HO website for the relevant form and check the requirements for the self employed sponsor.
Thanks[/quote]
Last edited by Arsal385 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:28 pm

How you going to show your communication proof is very crucial too.
jignesh

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi Arsal385,
thanks very much for your answers. really appreciated. are you also preparing FLR (M)?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:37 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Hi Arsal385,
thanks very much for your answers. really appreciated. are you also preparing FLR (M)?
I am intending to apply for my wife FLR (M) case soon and currently gathering docs. I need UK NARIC certificate for comparatively and English language certificate which requires time a little longer. I will probably apply for my wife case once I get my SET LR case approved but keeping an option of applying early in case there is a problem in my current job.

mamun_tair
Newly Registered

Post by mamun_tair » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi,
I have made s shortcut to the googledrive it is : http://goo.gl/puY4Qk
Please the most frequent contributors add it to you signature
Kind regards
Mamun

apex221

Post by apex221 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Hello all,

I have recently applied for ILR I would like to add my time line please:
Application posted: 15/09/2014
ack rcvd: 22/09/2014
Biometric invite rcvd: 07/10/2014
Bio enrolled: 09/10/2014

I wish everyone all the best and thank you for all the updates and it is nice to know I am not all alone on this journey. :)

shareandcare80
Newly Registered

Post by shareandcare80 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Hello brothers
Has anyone got their ilr even after a criminal conviction? Or there are no chances of ilr when someone gets a criminal conviction?

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
It is easy to sponsor your spouse when you were on Tier 1 General. Sponsoring someone as dependant on settled visa like ILR is very daunting due to HO strict requirements.You will need to collect a lot of evidence including your last 6-12 months bank statements, employer letter,6-12 months original payslips. Proof of cohabitation/ subsistence of relationship. Marriage certificate in English, accommodation proof, maintenance proof, Evidence of English language etc. You better look into the relevant forum of this website as this website is dedicated for Long residency SET (LR) applications.
Thanks gnesh and arsal385 for your suggestions.
I have gathered list of the following documents.
I have over £3000 in my bank acoount for the last three months.
OK for maintenance
I have piks of our marriage.
OK for the proof of subsistence of relationship
I have been sending her monies and i have got all the reciepts.
Again it is proof of subsistence of relationship
I have translated my nikah document in english from Nadra pakistan.
NADRA certificate that contains information both in Urdu and English is fine.
She had applied for a1 test hopefully she should pass it.
This will fulfil English language requirement.
I have chat/call logs of the tym since we got married.
Again this is a proof of subsistence of relationship.
As i am self employed i dont know what do i need to show?
This is the main requirement. As you are self employed so you probably need to submit more evidence than those who are employed by companies.
Secondly which application form do i need to use ?
I am only aware of FLR M form which is used for the extension of spouse visa in the UK. Please search on HO website for the relevant form and check the requirements for the self employed sponsor.
Thanks
[/quote]

Thanks arsal365 and gnash for ur suggestions.
About self employment do i need to show predictive for this year as we r in october? Any similar cases wud be really helpfull.
Regarding flr(m) is only used only within uk . Any gurus please?
Regards

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi. Just a quick question guys. I am in the process of applying for my Indefinite leave on 10 years basis. Just had a quick question to my mind thought to ask.

If I have a Driving Licence that is registered on different address, would it make a difference while applying for ILR?

Thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:59 pm

jigars143 wrote:Hi. Just a quick question guys. I am in the process of applying for my Indefinite leave on 10 years basis. Just had a quick question to my mind thought to ask.

If I have a Driving Licence that is registered on different address, would it make a difference while applying for ILR?

Thanks
not having the correct address on your licence can land you with a £1000 fine... get the address corrected mate not worth the risk

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:20 pm

fielddrive wrote:
jigars143 wrote:Hi. Just a quick question guys. I am in the process of applying for my Indefinite leave on 10 years basis. Just had a quick question to my mind thought to ask.

Thanks
not having the correct address on your licence can land you with a £1000 fine... get the address corrected mate not worth the risk
Ignore the above poster. It won't cause you any problem even you can choose any correspondence address for application even an entirely different address then where you live. Moreover, if you have redirection/have access to that address where driving licence is registered then you should be totally mind free otherwise simply and freely send the counterpart and licence back to DVLA for change of address and you will new one between 7-14 days.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Universal soldier wrote:
fielddrive wrote:

Thanks
Ignore the above poster. It won't cause you any problem even you can choose any correspondence address for application even an entirely different address then where you live. Moreover, if you have redirection/have access to that address where driving licence is registered then you should be totally mind free otherwise simply and freely send the counterpart and licence back to DVLA for change of address and you will new one between 7-14 days.

you obviously dont either have a driving licence or are ignorant of your responsibilities as a driving licence holder.

anyone who fails to update the address on their driving licence is at risk of a fine of £1000. here is a link for reference:

http://www.yourmoney.com/your-money/new ... ng-license

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.p ... DbUUhZx2tc

also you should research your answers, let me help you with that:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dvla+address+fine

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:08 pm

fielddrive wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:[quote="fielddrive"

you obviously dont either have a driving licence or are ignorant of your responsibilities as a driving licence holder.

anyone who fails to update the address on their driving licence is at risk of a fine of £1000. here is a link for reference:

http://www.yourmoney.com/your-money/new ... ng-license

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.p ... DbUUhZx2tc

also you should research your answers, let me help you with that:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dvla+address+fine
Can't control to smile over your innocence/negligence in understanding this dilemma but repeating now again in simple words. If the holder has access to that address through royal mail redirection or one of their relative/family member/friend live on that address to who holder usually visit then he won't be fine such otherwise changing address in earlier stage is best which is free. Remember many people have access to more than one addresses and as long as they have access they are safe although changing it wise. Hope now you get it.

ashphoenix
Newly Registered

Post by ashphoenix » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I had sent my SET (LR) application on 18th August along with my husband's FLR (FP) form. Unfortunately I had used the wrong version (April 2014) and my form got invalidated and sent back on 22nd Sept. In the meantime my husband had received his biometrics, which I thought was strange as my application was on hold. I resent my application using the correct version on the 23rd Sept and home office received it on 24th Sept. My husband has sent away his biometrics. But the problem is I have only received my acknowledgement but they have not yet collected the payment (I have checked my credit card statement and money hasn't been taken, I've also called the bank to ask if there was an attempt but there hasn't been an attempt). So I resent the signed payment page to the Liverpool address which also has been received. HAs anyone had this problem and if so when was the payment collected eventually??
Also, both my husband and my visa runs out on Oct 14th :( I'm worried that if my payment hasn't been taken, will his application be sent back????

Please advise about this payment processing if anyone else has had their payment taken more than 3 weeks of sending their application??
Thanks for your help guys.

ronzie
Newly Registered

Post by ronzie » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi All, recently i just applied for ilr on 10 years long residency. Please someone update me on Google drive.
App sent - 10/09/2014
Payment Taken - 13/09/2014
Acknowledgement letter - 17/09/2014
Bio Letter - 01/10/2014
Bio Enroled - 02/10/2014
Congratulations to all who recently obtained thier ILR. Also same good luck to everyone who is waiting and soon you will receive your longest journey's outcome. This forum is really helpful and all the senior members doing there excellent work as well all others helping eachothers.
Thanks

junaid1621
Newly Registered

Post by junaid1621 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Hi everybody applied for ILR long residence 10 year on 18 sep 2014 got acknowledgment but no fee taken yet and today I just pointed out in my form that I did not tick the fee option
Any suggestion or my application will come back

ronzie
Newly Registered

Post by ronzie » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:58 pm

Sorry to ask if its all ready discussed earlier. My wife need to apply for flr (m). She arrived and joined since 2011. As i was student during the time of my application do i need to fullfill £18600? If yes how as not allowed to work fulltime. Also is she need to submit any A1/B1 English certificate? Need to apply in November. Some senior members please advice.
Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:32 pm

ashphoenix wrote:Hi Guys,

I had sent my SET (LR) application on 18th August along with my husband's FLR (FP) form. Unfortunately I had used the wrong version (April 2014) and my form got invalidated and sent back on 22nd Sept. In the meantime my husband had received his biometrics, which I thought was strange as my application was on hold. I resent my application using the correct version on the 23rd Sept and home office received it on 24th Sept. My husband has sent away his biometrics. But the problem is I have only received my acknowledgement but they have not yet collected the payment (I have checked my credit card statement and money hasn't been taken, I've also called the bank to ask if there was an attempt but there hasn't been an attempt). So I resent the signed payment page to the Liverpool address which also has been received. HAs anyone had this problem and if so when was the payment collected eventually??
Also, both my husband and my visa runs out on Oct 14th :( I'm worried that if my payment hasn't been taken, will his application be sent back????

Please advise about this payment processing if anyone else has had their payment taken more than 3 weeks of sending their application??
Has the payment taken from your Husband application or not? If his payment has been taken and he already had his Biometric then his case will be processed as normal. Regarding your application, you need to call HO and explain the whole situation. If there is a problem in the payment then HO usually send application back at the first place. Also you need to tell your credit card company that a big payment is going to be taken out so pls dont stop the payment as usually their automatic fraud system prevent big payment to avoid any potential fraud.

ashphoenix
Newly Registered

Post by ashphoenix » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Arsal385 wrote:

Has the payment taken from your Husband application or not? If his payment has been taken and he already had his Biometric then his case will be processed as normal. Regarding your application, you need to call HO and explain the whole situation. If there is a problem in the payment then HO usually send application back at the first place. Also you need to tell your credit card company that a big payment is going to be taken out so pls dont stop the payment as usually their automatic fraud system prevent big payment to avoid any potential fraud.
@Arsal385
Thanks for reply. Yes, my husband's payment has gone through and yes, I've phoned my credit card company and advised them about the big transaction. I've also phoned HO to advise about my situation. I don't know what else to do as, if my husband's application comes back after the 14th Oct, he'll need to leave the country right? IS it normal for HO to delay collecting payment?

ashphoenix
Newly Registered

Post by ashphoenix » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Arsal385 wrote:

@Arsal385
Thanks for reply. Yes, my husband's payment has gone through and yes, I've phoned my credit card company and advised them about the big transaction. I've also phoned HO to advise about my situation. I don't know what else to do as, if my husband's application comes back after the 14th Oct, he'll need to leave the country right? IS it normal for HO to delay collecting payment?

october2013

Post by october2013 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Hello House. Can you pls advise me.
I am a PHD dependant and my husband, son and I applied for FLR O 7 yr rule last yr which was declined. We appealed but lost. We then had a hearing. It's 3 months since the hearing and still waiting for the decision from the court.
In the meantime I have clocked 10 yrs. Am I able to apply for my ILR without the decision from the courts?
Also what type of letter can I get from my GP as they are sayin they don't give letters to the HO.
can I make an application by myself without a solicitor as we have already spent thousands of pounds on d FLR O app thru to the 2 appeals on solicitors fees
My hubby isn't able 2 apply for his ilr as he had a break during his stay so we are hoping that if I get my ILR, it would be easier for us all. Your advise is very much needed and welcome.

october2013

Post by october2013 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Hello House. Can you pls advise me.
I am a PHD dependant and my husband, son and I applied for FLR O 7 yr rule last yr which was declined. We appealed but lost. We then had a hearing. It's 3 months since the hearing and still waiting for the decision from the court.
In the meantime I have clocked 10 yrs. Am I able to apply for my ILR without the decision from the courts?
Also what type of letter can I get from my GP as they are sayin they don't give letters to the HO.
can I make an application by myself without a solicitor as we have already spent thousands of pounds on d FLR O app thru to the 2 appeals on solicitors fees
My hubby isn't able 2 apply for his ilr as he had a break during his stay so we are hoping that if I get my ILR, it would be easier for us all. Your advise is very much needed and welcome.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:00 pm

@Arsal385
If you husband payment has taken smoothly then it will be processed as usual and will not come back that's for sure.His application process has nothing to do with your application payment. However, as you have already discussed this with HO so they are aware of the situation.I hope your payment will go through smoothly without any issue but in worst case If for some reason you will get your application back then you should send your application again within 28 days of your visa expiry date then it will be OK plus for safe side try to send your payment this time with banker draft or postal order so there wont be any non payment issued. Also if you send pre-paid envelope then you can track your application return on royalmail website.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:08 pm

october2013 wrote:Hello House. Can you pls advise me.
You can apply your ILR using SET LR application providing you have completed your full 10 yrs residency legally in this country. As you appeal period is covered under 3D then your current stay is legitimate and will be counted towards your 10 yrs legal stay in this country. You need withdraw your current appeal and apply SET LR application. But withdrawing appeal and apply a fresh SET LR application is a bit tricky so you need to ask a qualified solicitor about this process and act cautiously without creating any adverse effect on your long residency.