ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Blitz03

Post by Blitz03 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:54 am

batleykhan wrote:One or two people are just one or two posts away from being banned completely.They know who they are as a number of their posts have been deleted.

Any more posts by anyone that not beneficial to forum members will be deleted. If you want to, use PM instead to each other

:x :x :x
^so true^

Ground Rules people....

if you can't advise users in a positive manner, it would be wise not to reply at all rather than being rude towards them!!!!!
"Whoever wants to be leader & guide, should educate himself before educating others; before teaching moralties to others he should improve his morals & character" Hazrat Ali (R.A)

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Re: verification

Post by tnt4ever » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:15 am

no
Gohar23 wrote:
zahra110 wrote:
arif786 wrote:Navie999

Did you phone the abu dhabi embassy today? U said in your previous posts that u were going to ring and get update for us all. I was waiting to hear from you please update us all. Many thanks :D

good news inshallah

HI ALL:
CAN ANY OF U TELL ME THAT WHEN U SUBMITTED UR DOCUMENTS DID ANY OF THE EMBASSY PERSON VISITED UR ADDRESS IN PAKISTAN FOR VERIFICATIONS & ETC. BECAUSE MY COUSIN LIVES IN CANADA & FOR HIS WIFE'S APPLICATION THEY CAME & VISITIED THE HOUSE FOR SOME INVESTIGATIONS. I M FINE WITH INVESTIGATIONS BUT ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS THAT DO THEY COME AT UR HOME ADDRESS FOR UK SPOUSE VISA OR NOT ?

shah6409

coming to house

Post by shah6409 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:04 am

no the embassy guys don't come to your house never heard that in my life and for canada its a different country and embassy so they do their verifications different as for british embassy they only phone or call you for a interview.

Blitz03

Re: coming to house

Post by Blitz03 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:56 am

shah6409 wrote:no the embassy guys don't come to your house never heard that in my life and for canada its a different country and embassy so they do their verifications different as for british embassy they only phone or call you for a interview.
thats what I thought too..

How weird would it be if they started visit you on your door step LOL
"Whoever wants to be leader & guide, should educate himself before educating others; before teaching moralties to others he should improve his morals & character" Hazrat Ali (R.A)

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:58 am

Just thinking guys anybody got any idea how long application going to be at bhc seems like everybody is just waiting for the next stage now.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 am

Blitz03 wrote:
Samee380 wrote:
Blitz03 wrote:
Samee380 wrote:Assalamulaikum

I have been keeping an eye on this forum very interesting.

I had my wifes spouse visa rejected from Pakistan to settle in UK and i appealed awhile ago. I just went to court today and the Judge granted the visa.

What happens now? Is there anything i can do to speed the process up? When does the call letter arrive approx?

Thanks in advance.
Congrats thats good news.

the call letter can take up to 6 weeks to arrive, however recent cases have had a turn around of 10 working days. hope that helps.

what did the judge ask you?
Judge was just and fair. I answered all refusal points and the judge agreed. Tbh i actually enjoyed the court hearing.

So how soon does Islamabad receive the Judges Determination Letter?

Btw isnt the 10 day mark really fast? How come?
Your wife will get the Determination letter, she will need to submit her passport, along with the tb certificate. They will also want to know when your wife will be wanting to travel. If she is coming immediately, she should put down asap lol (I am hoping you are wanting her to fly over asap). :D

the Determination can take up to 6 weeks to arrive, however in a recent case sum1 had a turnaround of 10 working days (i think it was @XnailaX) who got a rapid response. :lol:

Your relatively confident then aren’t you (in the courts) thats good to hear, it was a pleasant experience 8)

Best wishes
The DETERMINATION letter you refer to is actually called the Adjudicators Determination. This is the outcome decision of the judge listening to one appeals.This will take approx 10 days to be received by the sponsor in the UK after the hearing.

The CALL IN letter is what the applicant gets in Pakistan asking them to bring their passport/TB certificate etc so the visa can get stamped. This can take anything from 4-8 weeks after appeal.

Hope that clears sittuation for you.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 am

Shatif wrote:Just thinking guys anybody got any idea how long application going to be at bhc seems like everybody is just waiting for the next stage now.
6 weeks from now almost certainly. There are guys who applied in December still waiting.

Samee380
Newly Registered

Post by Samee380 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:43 am

batleykhan wrote:
Blitz03 wrote:
Samee380 wrote:
Blitz03 wrote:
Congrats thats good news.

the call letter can take up to 6 weeks to arrive, however recent cases have had a turn around of 10 working days. hope that helps.

what did the judge ask you?
Judge was just and fair. I answered all refusal points and the judge agreed. Tbh i actually enjoyed the court hearing.

So how soon does Islamabad receive the Judges Determination Letter?

Btw isnt the 10 day mark really fast? How come?
Your wife will get the Determination letter, she will need to submit her passport, along with the tb certificate. They will also want to know when your wife will be wanting to travel. If she is coming immediately, she should put down asap lol (I am hoping you are wanting her to fly over asap). :D

the Determination can take up to 6 weeks to arrive, however in a recent case sum1 had a turnaround of 10 working days (i think it was @XnailaX) who got a rapid response. :lol:

Your relatively confident then aren’t you (in the courts) thats good to hear, it was a pleasant experience 8)

Best wishes
The DETERMINATION letter you refer to is actually called the Adjudicators Determination. This is the outcome decision of the judge listening to one appeals.This will take approx 10 days to be received by the sponsor in the UK after the hearing.

The CALL IN letter is what the applicant gets in Pakistan asking them to bring their passport/TB certificate etc so the visa can get stamped. This can take anything from 4-8 weeks after appeal.

Hope that clears sittuation for you.
Thank you for the clarification

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:48 am

king2be98 wrote:
Shatif wrote:Just thinking guys anybody got any idea how long application going to be at bhc seems like everybody is just waiting for the next stage now.
6 weeks from now almost certainly. There are guys who applied in December still waiting.
King how many days have u been waiting ur seems to be near the 60 days mark, I see you submitted in december and your still patiently waiting have u contacted the embassy to query wots happening with ur application

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:06 am

Shatif wrote: King how many days have u been waiting ur seems to be near the 60 days mark, I see you submitted in december and your still patiently waiting have u contacted the embassy to query wots happening with ur application
I aplied on 12 Jan, I'm past the "60" day mark, but as we know now, this month they will not even meet 50% when it comes to dealing with applicants inside 60 days.

It's frustrating at times, but what can you do? Get ready to wait and get ready to wait a long time, otherwise it does start to hit you hard. In terms of application processing times, this is an awful time to apply as there it's just after wedding season and just after the rule changing from 21 to 18 for minimum age of applicants.

awaham
Newly Registered

Post by awaham » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:36 am

king2be98 wrote: It's frustrating at times, but what can you do? Get ready to wait and get ready to wait a long time, otherwise it does start to hit you hard. In terms of application processing times, this is an awful time to apply as there it's just after wedding season and just after the rule changing from 21 to 18 for minimum age of applicants.
Perfect! My wife submitted her paperwork yesterday. I'll have to tell her to think September!

On a separate note I made a mistake of sending documents via royal mail (International Signed for!) It took 14 days in total to arrive when they said it would take 6! Plus the genious' in pakistan customs opened the parcel up to check even though it clearly stated outside it was papers and even opened the sealed greeting card as if it would be something else! Anyway papers submitted. Now the wait begins. Good Luck to all you out there.

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Congrats to naila, all paid off after a long wait..
And congrats to all who got their visas, and duas for all those waiting...

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Isit beneficial going through a solicitor?...

My local solicitor has quoted £200 to check my docs and application, saying he will take out docs that arnt required and advised on anything else thats missing...

Im pretty sure i have everything, but not sure whether having gone through a solicitor will make it slightly more beneficial and a personal peace of mind...

What do you guys think?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Sal5UK wrote:Isit beneficial going through a solicitor?...

My local solicitor has quoted £200 to check my docs and application, saying he will take out docs that arnt required and advised on anything else thats missing...

Im pretty sure i have everything, but not sure whether having gone through a solicitor will make it slightly more beneficial and a personal peace of mind...

What do you guys think?
We can do that here free on this forum. but if you have money to throw away, then get it checked by a solicitor.

£200 for probably 30 minutes of work cant be bad.

I think I should go back to being a Immigration Consultant :lol:

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Anybody heard anymore about when the new rule about 26000.00 dependancy coming into place. Have they given any timescales at all about this.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:28 pm

On a separate note I made a mistake of sending documents via royal mail (International Signed for!) It took 14 days in total to arrive when they said it would take 6!
I received my documents within 6 days via Royal Mail. But thanks to Allah (SWT) that papers received and good in condition. loolzzzzzzzzz
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:30 pm

If a spouse visa gets rejected can you appeal yourself or is it better to get a solicitor, our solicitor said he would charge a grand for his services.

sw33tazra
- thin ice -

Post by sw33tazra » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Shatif wrote:If a spouse visa gets rejected can you appeal yourself or is it better to get a solicitor, our solicitor said he would charge a grand for his services.
my uncles visa got refused when he applied for his wife to come over..and as the solicitor was asking silly money we went to an MP instead. his name was rodger godsiff and his a nember of parliment and his letter heading was house of commons to.they took one look at his letter and overuled the decision. he never took a penny!! its worth googling his details online and have a chat with him..if he dont cover ur area he might suggest someone who will...he also done my supporting letter aswell when i was sending my papers off i never went to no solicitor.

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:43 pm

batleykhan wrote:

What do you guys think?
We can do that here free on this forum. but if you have money to throw away, then get it checked by a solicitor.

£200 for probably 30 minutes of work cant be bad.

I think I should go back to being a Immigration Consultant :lol:
Thankyou Batley Khan,,,

I think ill leave the solicitor option, and not waste my money there...

Appreciated

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Shatif wrote:If a spouse visa gets rejected can you appeal yourself or is it better to get a solicitor, our solicitor said he would charge a grand for his services.
Yes, but it will depend on what you were refused.

Sometimes you can do it yourself, but if it is a complicated issue,it is advisable to get solicitor to represent you.

I would never use a solicitor simply for the outrageous amount they charge.

hunny2010

Post by hunny2010 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:25 pm

(Raja.24) have you heard back anything yet as you have been waiting a long time anyone herd any news yet?
visa submitted kharachi:30/01/2012
ready for collection:27/04/2012 pick up monday

Blitz03

Post by Blitz03 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Shatif wrote:Anybody heard anymore about when the new rule about 26000.00 dependancy coming into place. Have they given any timescales at all about this.
^minimum income of £25,700 a year required for anyone seeking to bring a spouse from OUTSIDE EUORPE. most likely June 2012 these changes will come into force

"The package which I propose to implement from June 2012 will reduce the burdens on the taxpayer, promote integration and tackle abuse," May said in the leaked letter dated 14 March 2012 adding that the UK needed to "differentiate between genuine and non-genuine relationships". Home Secretary Theresa May

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:33 am

Blitz03 wrote:
Shatif wrote:Anybody heard anymore about when the new rule about 26000.00 dependancy coming into place. Have they given any timescales at all about this.
^minimum income of £25,700 a year required for anyone seeking to bring a spouse from OUTSIDE EUORPE. most likely June 2012 these changes will come into force

"The package which I propose to implement from June 2012 will reduce the burdens on the taxpayer, promote integration and tackle abuse," May said in the leaked letter dated 14 March 2012 adding that the UK needed to "differentiate between genuine and non-genuine relationships". Home Secretary Theresa May
are you having a laugh??? how many people earn more than that??

does this mean if they earn less they simply cant get married from Pakistan?

that is violation of article 8 loool
25/04/2011 applied 15/07/2011 Refused
28/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
13/04/2012 Court hearing decision overturned
25/05/12 Call letter recieved
30/05/12 Passport submitted
08/06/12 Passport stamped and returned

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:35 am

What do you guys think?
many immigration layers can give you advice that a normal person cant, this is why they are called immigration lawyers

its down to personal choice and how serious the case is

what is ur rejection based on? if u dont mind me asking
25/04/2011 applied 15/07/2011 Refused
28/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
13/04/2012 Court hearing decision overturned
25/05/12 Call letter recieved
30/05/12 Passport submitted
08/06/12 Passport stamped and returned

blumango

Post by blumango » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:37 am

Guys need your help.

spouse looking to do english course in gujar khan. she been told 3 month course 50,000 rupees inc test fee. are we getting ripped off? £500 seems a lot.

3 months seems long. can someone advise a bettter alternative around the gujarkhan area.

p.s what is the actual course name required under spouse visa, A2 TEST something?

many thanks