ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:09 pm

wing5151wing wrote:Application posted: 19th June 2012
Application Acknowledged: 25th June 2012
Biometric Invitation: 4th August 2012
Biometric Submission: 9th August 2012
ID card: arrived to my solicitor 17th December 2012
Documents: still waiting

It is very strange things happened me...
I received my T4 general student visa on 17th December.
I called my solicitor immediately and he said he has never heard UKBA renew the visa automatically (without apply....)
He will sort out this strange happen however what they are doing???
They wait us for ages and they do extra meaningless job!!!!
This is heights of insanity, Can you please confirm what application you made and under what category? Also, what visa were you when you applied?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

backagain

Post by backagain » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:21 pm

wing5151wing wrote:It is very strange things happened me...
I am also curious. Tier 4 Student visa? You weren't applying for FLR(M)?
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

crowline

Post by crowline » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:35 pm

if i interpreted your post right, looks like your solicitor mixed up your application and applied for tier4 instead of flr m. did you review your application before your solicitor sent it off?

ID29

Post by ID29 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:14 pm

annieak wrote:... Do you think they can hold on to our post
Unless they are currently acting for you, they cannot hold onto anything addressed to you. However, they may decide to return the mail to the UKBA instead of forwarding it to you.

Please contact them and don't allow them to put you off. If you cannot speak directly with the person that was dealing with your case then explain the problem and insist you speak with someone else. Be nice. Apologise for the UKBA's error and ask them to courier the documents to you at your expense without delay.

Should they become awkward, inform them you will contact the Legal Ombudsman.

Lets hope you can resolve this amicably and get your documents quickly
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Proposed CP

annieak
Newly Registered

Post by annieak » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Update - contacted the solicitor he has said come in monday and we shall discuss we have told him we want our letter as if our time for appeal runs out its your fault.

Also if we owe him money as he claims he should be writing to us for chase of payment. Such a waste of time solicitor really has made situation worse, considering how much we have already paid him.

Ukba also are so unresponsive they updated our new address but not our legal representative details how silly.
Have written to ukba to advise of situation and requested a copy of letter justto cover our backs in case we need to appeal.

Fingers cross...... Waiting continues.

jbm

Re: Biometric invitation

Post by jbm » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:38 pm

jbm wrote:Hello,
applied on 16 august still no Bio letter. its more then 3 months wait just for biometric letter. so far i called HO 5 times everytime they replied 'wait its normal' but its not normal for me and my wife.
is anybody in same situation? please suggest what should we do.

thanks
Hello Guys, good news here we have received our biometric enrollment letter today after waiting for four months. at least we know now our application is in some sort of process. thanks everybody for support and advice.

wing5151wing
Newly Registered

Post by wing5151wing » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:58 pm

backagain wrote:
wing5151wing wrote:It is very strange things happened me...
I am also curious. Tier 4 Student visa? You weren't applying for FLR(M)?
I applied Partner Visa. Of course I did not applied Tier4 student visa!
My solicitor contacted UKBA but they did not explain why they send me two visas..... Luckily I can keep my partner visa and just return my new T4 visa.[/b]

backagain

Post by backagain » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 pm

wing5151wing wrote:I applied Partner Visa. Of course I did not applied Tier4 student visa! My solicitor contacted UKBA but they did not explain why they send me two visas..... Luckily I can keep my partner visa and just return my new T4 visa.[/b]
What a frustrating and scary experience. So glad it worked out for you. Must have been the planetary alignment :)

bcmm
Newly Registered

Post by bcmm » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:42 am

After reading your comments and getting to know more about your experiences I just realize that for mine the wait is of at least 3 more months. I applied on June 2012 and so far seems the Home Office is processing applications where biometrics were taken in April 2012.

But do you know if I can change jobs while my application is being reviewed by the home office?

Apparently we have the same rights as we did with our previous Visa.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Really appreciate your comments.

Documents Received: ____________
BRP Received: ____________ :?:

Endless wait
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Waiting

Post by Endless wait » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:46 am

Shehz16 wrote:FLR M applied on 2nd July 2012
Payment out of the bank: 5th July 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 10th July 2012
Biometric letter received on 28th August 2012
Biometric completed on 3th Sept 2012
Document return: still waiting!!!
Biometric card: still waiting!!!

Did any guys apply on July or 2nd of July received their visa granted. Please help.
Thanks
Shehz16,
Have you received your visa yet?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Section 3C & 3D

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:59 pm

bcmm wrote:But do you know if I can change jobs while my application is being reviewed by the home office?
Application Received: 7 June 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 25 June 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 30 June 2012
Documents Received: ____________
BRP Received: ____________ :?:
Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Prospective Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck with your interview.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:26 pm

So...I have some news...I was sitting home this morning when the buzzer rings...and it was Royal mail with a package for me...

I signed for it and noticed right away the tracking number that was on the package (I had memorized the one that I had sent to UKBA with the supporting documents). I opened it up to find that all of my documents were in the package including a letter from UKBA saying that because I have a genuine and subsisting relationship with my partner and they were happy with all the evidence provided they were granting me my visa for 30 months and that I would be soon receiving a BRP card!!!

I was in utter and complete shock and must have read and re-read that letter over 100 times before it registered in my brain that it really happened...I have been granted my visa.

I realize that many people will read this and be happy for me, but also might be a little bit upset of how unfair the UKBA seem to be processing applications, however maybe it is hope that others will be receiving theirs very soon and that they are getting everything sorted on UKBA's end.

Also, I noticed that my letter was also signed (someone previously mentioned it as well) by, 'Temporary Migration Team 22'...maybe they have brought more people in..?

So very pleased to share my timeline, and very, very grateful of how soon my application was processed.

Applied: 25/09/12
Acknowledgement Letter received: 01/10/12
Biometrics Letter received: 04/12/12
Biometrics done: 07/12/12
Application approval letter received: 22/12/12 (dated 17/12/12)
BRP Card: Waiting
Total waiting time (without BRP card): 12 weeks and 4 days

I honestly wish the very best to those still waiting. Thank you to everyone on this forum, I would have drove myself just a bit more crazy if I didn't have somewhere to come and vent, discuss and be comforted that everything was going to be alright! All the best guys!!

backagain

Post by backagain » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:58 pm

CDNgirl wrote:.I have been granted my visa.
Congrats CDNgirl.....go live.

Fedupwithwhiningpeople
BANNED

Post by Fedupwithwhiningpeople » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi everyone

I am new on here and I am a sponsor for my Husband. He came here to marry me on a finance Visa and we applied for a FLR(M) back in April.
As he was here on a Finance Visa he has not been allowed to work for near on a year now! Which puts a real strain on anyone finances as you could imagine.

Now, I am not moaning about this as we just have to wait like everyone else, which is really stressful:-( and its been 8 months now!

But what really is bugging me, is

Those of you who applied on a student visa or alike........ Why are you moaning about your wait? When you can WORK 20 hours a week? At least you can work, But all that seems to happen is you all seem to whine, rather than be Positive and constructive. Really what have you got to moan about? Oh the wait, but hey I can still WORK!

For those people WHO really has been put through the mill, with applying from a Finance Visa to a FLR(M)...Keep your chin up..it will happen.

Sorry I had to say this...But sometime things have to be said!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:38 am

Fedupwithwhiningpeople wrote:I am not moaning about this as we just have to wait like everyone else, which is really stressful:-( and its been 8 months now! But what really is bugging me, is Those of you who applied on a student visa or alike........ Why are you moaning about your wait? When you can WORK 20 hours a week?
Welcome to the forum, I agree with you but don't you think Charity should begin at home. Sorry but this was your very first post with so much of agony!
Skydrives, Templates

ID29

Post by ID29 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:14 am

Fedupwithwhiningpeople wrote: Sorry I had to say this...But sometime things have to be said!
Actually this doesn't need to be said.

You're correct that the process is unfair and on so many levels too, but until the UKBA prioritises applications its not helpful to divide people into competing groups.

Granted the wait is more painful for some (my partner included) but whatever the applicant's situation we're ALL cursed to endure the wait and that is the thing that unites us.

I'm sure you are crying out in frustration and that is understandable but please try to be constructive here. Together, we can help each other remain positive.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:34 am

CDNgirl wrote:So...I have some news...
Well done. I know you've had some hiccups along the way so it's doubly nice to hear you got the news you were waiting for.

I hope you'll stick around for a few weeks to guide others to a happy result?

John
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Proposed CP

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks you!

Of course I will! I know how much of a big help it is to have somewhere to turn. Again, thanks to everyone!!

Fedupwithwhiningpeople
BANNED

Post by Fedupwithwhiningpeople » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:50 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Fedupwithwhiningpeople wrote:I am not moaning about this as we just have to wait like everyone else, which is really stressful:-( and its been 8 months now! But what really is bugging me, is Those of you who applied on a student visa or alike........ Why are you moaning about your wait? When you can WORK 20 hours a week?
Welcome to the forum, I agree with you but don't you think Charity should begin at home. Sorry but this was your very first post with so much of agony!
Charity? Sorry but what Charity, aren't you suppose to stand on your own Two feet? We haven't the luxury of sponging off friends or family..... also You are suppose to be able to live off your own earnings Damanisshallo, aren't you?

Well , that being said if you can work 20 hours a week and also have the your sponsor work then I should image that's okay......

No anger, just fed up with a bunch of whiners who, can work while waiting for there FLR(M) ....

So stop the whining and be positive as others are going through far worse than yourself.....

and Yes that did have to be said..... because after reading most of the posts...I have seen people whine about the wait of 5 months...

Interesting enough they seem to be mainly students.

Its seems to be a negative group . If it was suppose to be positive then you would post things that would inspire people about what the future holds, and not be held back by waiting for the UKBA .

Wishing you all the best, please life is hard enough as it.

Live life ........

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:16 am

Guys - we are all in the same boat. I would like to think this can be a supportive place where people can vent about their frustrations whether they've been waiting a month or 10 months, whatever their circumstances. Yes, the process is harder for some than others, but it does put stress on all of us.

Fedup, I truly feel for you, but each person has a different experience of the hardship caused by the delayed decisions from UKBA which, in each of their own experiences, may be something a person feels the need to vent about for the sake of their own mental and emotional health. It's not their fault that they can work and you can't. Forums like this are kind of our only chance to vent to people in a similar situation who truly understand what it feels like to go through the process.

I'm on another forum where two of the people just got their visas after 10 months (also switching from a fiance visa with no right to work) and never once did they call down others who hadn't waited as long, were able to work, or whatever. They were, and still are, a source of encouragement for everyone there. Just saying...have some of this positivity you are calling for from other people.

CDNgirl, congrats - seems you've been lucky!

Merry Christmas or season's greetings to all.
Last edited by luckyjinx on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:17 am

Sorry double post

Fedupwithwhiningpeople
BANNED

Post by Fedupwithwhiningpeople » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:23 pm

luckyjinx wrote:Guys - we are all in the same boat. I would like to think this can be a supportive place where people can vent about their frustrations whether they've been waiting a month or 10 months, whatever their circumstances. Yes, the process is harder for some than others, but it does put stress on all of us.

Fedup, I truly feel for you, but each person has a different experience of the hardship caused by the delayed decisions from UKBA which, in each of their own experiences, may be something a person feels the need to vent about for the sake of their own mental and emotional health. It's not their fault that they can work and you can't. Forums like this are kind of our only chance to vent to people in a similar situation who truly understand what it feels like to go through the process.

I'm on another forum where two of the people just got their visas after 10 months (also switching from a fiance visa with no right to work) and never once did they call down others who hadn't waited as long, were able to work, or whatever. They were, and still are, a source of encouragement for everyone there. Just saying...have some of this positivity you are calling for from other people.

CDNgirl, congrats - seems you've been lucky!

Merry Christmas or season's greetings to all.

I am the sponsor, so can work. I am positive :-) I am standing for those who can't work as they are waiting to get there FLR(M).

I know other people have reasons, but stop whining,when you can work in my country while waiting for a VISA. As I mentioned , there is more to life outside the UKBA ...start living and posting things that will make a difference to people on here eg: what exciting plans you have or being helpful with new information.

Great that those other two couples didn't once whine after 10 months..... They must be over the moon with there wait from a finance visa to a FLR(M) is over.

I feel for everyone that is in the "6months" + club...( from one of your post before) Or even those who has started this whirl wind of stress.

So Please don't say that I am negative....As that is a far cry from the truth.

Merry Christmas everyone.......

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Yes, I can work here in YOUR country (how Daily Mail) while waiting because over the last 3 years I jumped through all the right hoops, and have already paid thousands to the UKBA and many more thousands in taxes, to EARN the right to do so. It's not something I take for granted or am ungrateful for. Everyone else who just happens to be in the same circumstance had to earn and pay for the right as well. What's wrong with that? Since when does earning money make it so that someone doesn't have the right to complain about a stressful situation?

And let me ask you something. My grandfather died last month, and I obviously was unable to be with my family and go to the funeral because of the UKBA. Do I have still no right to complain about the hardships I'm experiencing as a result of the wait? Or is that okay in the books of the self-appointed complaints police? Really, why don't you lay out for us when it's okay to be human and have a little whinge? And if complaining is so bad, why are you complaining about people complaining? Come off your high horse, seriously.

What helpful information do you have to share with the group today? :roll:

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:48 pm

luckyjinx wrote: And if complaining is so bad, why are you complaining about people complaining?
This is what I meant when I said Charity should start at home. But some one completely missed it.

To confirm I am no student. But I personally think student do have strong reason to moan as they've spent both money (triple the fee to UK students) and time in this country unlike someone coming on a fiancé visa!

Why not go for premium service when you know you cannot wait for so long without work? However, if you do not have enough leave withdraw your application and apply from home country and tell you what? The response time is just 5 to 8 weeks and you can start work of your choice either paid or volunteer....
Skydrives, Templates

ali_surat
Newly Registered

FLRM application update

Post by ali_surat » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Date of application : 5 July 2012
Acknowledgement : 22 July 2012

Sent letter regarding uncles health issue in India : Oct mid

Biometric letter rec'd : 13 November 2012
Biometric done : Same day

Rec'd passport : 20 December 2012

Awaiting : BRP card