ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:33 pm

beever : same here, stressed ...depressed.....applied 29th april....I guess we may not hear until next weekend :cry:
beever wrote:im on 28th april and havent even got anything. really stressed at the moment dont know why it's taking so long

Betutu
Newly Registered

Post by Betutu » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Good news to you all. I received my documents through the royal mail yesterday.

Applied on: 29th April 2008
Received at HO: 30th April 2008
Payment taken: 30th April 2008
Approved on: 29th May 2008 (plus 2 dependants) :lol: :D
Stamped on: 6th June 2008
Received on: 10th June 2008

Betutu

beever

Post by beever » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:35 pm

chakde, i wanna cry...we cannto wait for next week because the flight is on nxt saturday. bf is soooo stressed at the moment coz he called and said its still with caseworker.

:shock:
chakde23 wrote:beever : same here, stressed ...depressed.....applied 29th april....I guess we may not hear until next weekend :cry:
beever wrote:im on 28th april and havent even got anything. really stressed at the moment dont know why it's taking so long

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:40 pm

can understand your situation......but since we both have been told its with manager / CW , I assume its not yet stamped then....looking at today's positive responses - these are cases which has been stamped on or before last friday....Assuming it might get stamped this week or early next week....we should get some news mid - next week

I sincerely hope you receive it before your flight , fingers crossed ! all the best to u and ur bf

beever wrote:chakde, i wanna cry...we cannto wait for next week because the flight is on nxt saturday. bf is soooo stressed at the moment coz he called and said its still with caseworker.

:shock:
chakde23 wrote:beever : same here, stressed ...depressed.....applied 29th april....I guess we may not hear until next weekend :cry:

baheri

Re: TIER 1 Extension

Post by baheri » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:49 pm

chakde23 wrote:28th May or 28th April ???

baheri wrote:Jus to let every one know dat I havent received anything today as I applied 28th of may. God know when I m gonna get !!!!
28th April dude

beever

Post by beever » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:49 pm

thanks chakde, i will update you if i get any news. :cry:

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi chakde and beever,

I understand, exactly how you feel.

hope you guys get an update soon. try calling after 3.30p.m. Sometimes they tell you if they have posted it.

beever

Post by beever » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:56 pm

[ EDIT by Admin:

Name of service deleted from post.

People, you may recommend other services that you have a positive experience with, but do not name services that cause you problems.

This particular service has threatened a lawsuit against us for this particular statement.

Please phrase your commentary as OPINIONS, which belong to you, and refrain from naming services that cause you trouble.

Thank you!

the Admin

]

_______
thanks sriady.

just wanted to let ALL of the observers or potential applications: DO NOT USE ***********!! they are very unreliable and useless. i think people in the forum knows so much more than them and are more helpful than agents.

im going to apply tier 1 on my return from my holiday and no way in hell im gonna ask for agent to apply on behalf.

the annoying this is that if i call HO on behalf of my bf, they will not entertain as they are not allowed to give personal details to non contractual party. mayb i will say im an agent and they will entertain me!

anyway, just wanted to whine.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Beever dont worry, i m sure u wil get ur docs before u fly next week. i m also in the same boat as u guys. this uncertainity is killing me, but i m trying to maintain my calm, thanks to this forum.

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:58 pm

Thanks Sri,

I guess we feel like all our class mates in school ( april batch ) have had their positive results by post and we are wondering why are we left out yet !!

The only difference in waiting for post of school exam results was - we were confident to pass with flying colours , but here in this case - our confidence has gone for a toss - as you never know what is in store :)

Dont worry much Beever, i am sure luck we will soon join our school mates with a smile :)
sriaady wrote:Hi chakde and beever,

hope you guys get an update soon. try calling after 3.30p.m. Sometimes they tell you if they have posted it.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Hussain any updates?

i was looking on trackitt and found another guy who applied on 1st May has got his docs back toay. so hopefully we should get them soon

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Guys u r going to get it by the end of this week, if u think ur application is well documented and it's not tricky, i think it's just a matter of time that's all, just be confident and try to relax, if it is with a CW it doesn't need a long time to be approved, and as i said before it is somewhere between stamping and posting, i think u will get it this week, u can always call and try to find out about if they need any documents and during the conversation tell them that u need to fly next week and the tickets r getting more and more expensive and u r just worried if u won't get a place, and ask them that u need to know if ur documents might be sent before, i am sure if u lay it this way the person u r talking to will let u know if ur documents r ready for despatch, make sure to make them understand that u r not asking for the result of the decision, u just want to know if u'll get ur papers before ur due date of flight, i am sure they can be flexible. But i think people applied in April and begining of may they should hear this week, worse case scenario early next week.
Be confident

chakde23 wrote:Thanks Sri,

I guess we feel like all our class mates in school ( april batch ) have had their positive results by post and we are wondering why are we left out yet !!

The only difference in waiting for post of school exam results was - we were confident to pass with flying colours , but here in this case - our confidence has gone for a toss - as you never know what is in store :)

Dont worry much Beever, i am sure luck we will soon join our school mates with a smile :)
sriaady wrote:Hi chakde and beever,

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:26 pm

this is from the ukba site :
Business and Commercial

Straight forward applications (including Tier 1's) between 16 May 2008 and 21 May 2008. All other applications between 1 May 2008 and 7 May 2008.
Reviews

Are currently considering applications received on 6 May 2008.

So relax.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:27 pm

To all those who have got the aprovals

Has anubody sent a prepaid envelope with tracking number? if yes, when were u able to trace the application? i mean what time of day.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi vipul1981,

No updates. I am scared that I should not fall into the bucket which our april friends are in. Called up the HO for an update. The lady "Lucy" refused to make any progress check :( . So I would have to wait without a choice.

Just to be sure, In case no ones home to collect the post, RM would leave a card asking me to collect the post ?

-H
vipul1981 wrote:Hussain any updates?

i was looking on trackitt and found another guy who applied on 1st May has got his docs back toay. so hopefully we should get them soon

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Guys check this link it has all what u need for contacting ukba, including phone, fax and emails, check it out, for people who r asking about the contacts :
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /contacts/

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:31 pm

This was the status last week as well. The HO has not moved at all since last week. Worst case, if mine is not straight fwd app for the HO, they have not started to work on it as yet :(. I am a 8th May applicant.

-H
Technonerve wrote:this is from the ukba site :
Business and Commercial

Straight forward applications (including Tier 1's) between 16 May 2008 and 21 May 2008. All other applications between 1 May 2008 and 7 May 2008.
Reviews

So relax.

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:32 pm

Vipul i sent a prepaid next day delivery envelope, i knew that my application was sent on the 9th of june and the time was 10:05 as told by the guy on the other end of the phone, postoffice site was giving me no updates (please come back later) until 17:10 same day, so don't worry if it won't appear on the postoffice site but i got it on the 10th of june before 1 pm

vipul1981 wrote:To all those who have got the aprovals

Has anubody sent a prepaid envelope with tracking number? if yes, when were u able to trace the application? i mean what time of day.

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:32 pm

Hussain,

Did you ever try calling around 3 / 4 pm ....i guess as few of our friends suggested we might be able to pull out some more information !

I was also told bluntly no progress check can be made this morning, although i tried saying I may need to travel abroad early next week...

May be we should try evening today !
hussainkothari wrote:Hi vipul1981,

No updates. I am scared that I should not fall into the bucket which our april friends are in. Called up the HO for an update. The lady "Lucy" refused to make any progress check :( . So I would have to wait without a choice.

Just to be sure, In case no ones home to collect the post, RM would leave a card asking me to collect the post ?

-H
vipul1981 wrote:Hussain any updates?

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Hussain my impressions are as such:
when ur case is assigned to a caseworker, ( u'll be lucky if a caseworker will look at it before 28 days), it needs him/her maximum 1 week to take a decision with all his team approval, and it will take from 3 to 12 days in stamping and posting, so applying this theory on ur case and worse comes worse u applied on the 8th of may, adding 28 days on it that will take u to 5th of june for the decision add on it maximum 12 days that will take u to 17th of june, but u'll get it before, my impression u will get it early next week
hussainkothari wrote:This was the status last week as well. The HO has not moved at all since last week. Worst case, if mine is not straight fwd app for the HO, they have not started to work on it as yet :(. I am a 8th May applicant.

-H
Technonerve wrote:this is from the ukba site :
Business and Commercial

Reviews

So relax.

kmore97

Re: please reply

Post by kmore97 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:38 pm

Aamir,
If you feel for the Case worker, it's possible to derive ur salary for the claimed period (Jan04 - Dec04) from the tax documents, then you are safe. The derivation sud be out of facts and figures of your tax documents you provided. They may or may not consider your statement - they will rely on the documents you provided.

Anyway, it's probably bit late, so you have to leave it to the chance.

If is not so stressing for you - u may try to get the bank statements from Pakistan. It may take a week or ten days, u never know it may be useful even at that statge. You applied on 15 May, there may not be a decision in next 7-10 days.
aamirmalik wrote:leme explain wat i submited again...

i came here in january 2005 as a student and was working in pakistan before that. I submitted 12 moth salary slips from january04 to december 04. tax year in pakistan is june to july therefore submitted tax return from july03 to june04. it is covering only 6months jan04 to june04. for the rest of the months i have submitted tax challans for each months with official tax stamp from authority. these challans for each month shows the total gross salary and total tax deducted for each month.

kmore i can try to arrange a bank statment but it will take some time. my case might be allocated in one week time.
i have submitted explaination about the tax and salary for 12 months in excel sheet for caseworker's understanding. i understand it is a bit complexed but not very difficult for him to understand if he check it carefully and read my explaination in excel prinout...wat do u suggest kmore??? please comment

kmore97 wrote:Can't you request ur bank for old statements? Which bank did u have account? Banks generally give old statement - there may be some charges involved.

If you have any relative/friend in Pakistan who can get those quickly and send you, then you can pass those tho HO before a decision is made.

aamirmalik wrote:dear lokesh. i dont have my bank statments with me as im in the country for the last 3 years. i only had payslips and tax document. Tax documents are the official documents generated by the tax authorities. sushdmehta
it is not 1 document infact 1 tax return covering 6 months and 6 tax challans with tax offcial stamp confirming tax deducted for each month.

sushdmehta all the documents cover the period from jan04 to dec04.
im realy worried now..my case might be refused :(

lokesh wrote:
Hi Aamirmalik
Yes you can provide tax documents as long as it exactly matches claim period...& to sucessfully claim points in earning section u need to provide 2 different source of documents..so if ur salaried employee u can provide either ur payslips with or without tax document + bank statement covering the claim period....but not payslips + tax document as both are considered from same source.

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Thinking of my case,

I faxed on 29th May and after that called every day. I called each day after that, first few days asking about the fax. Sometimes they didnot say anything , the same std things like call after 10 weeks. But some days was nice, they told still under consideration etc.. But last friday, somebody told me it is in the final stages. Monday they told call after 10 weeks, still under consideration. Yesterday they told they posted it and today i got it.

So may be if you guys hear final stages from the CC, you should expect Maximum within 3- 4 working days. May be you should ask bluntly, is it in the final stages yet ?

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:46 pm

I agree with u, i had the same answers even different ones during the same day, some people can help the others they don't want to, so CC does not give accurate answers at all, they make u more frustrated, i believe the best question is "is there any pending documents that my CW needs from me?" this is the first question if u didn't have any other topic to start the conversation such as did u receive my fax? or else they intend to tell u 10 weeks and they don't even ask u for ur PB number to check for u

sriaady wrote:Thinking of my case,

I faxed on 29th May and after that called every day. I called each day after that, first few days asking about the fax. Sometimes they didnot say anything , the same std things like call after 10 weeks. But some days was nice, they told still under consideration etc.. But last friday, somebody told me it is in the final stages. Monday they told call after 10 weeks, still under consideration. Yesterday they told they posted it and today i got it.

So may be if you guys hear final stages from the CC, you should expect in 3- 4 working days. May be you should ask bluntly, is it in the final stages yet ?

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:51 pm

yeah true. Just praying for our batchmates (april friends) :) :) .

Hope you guys get a chatty CC and atleast get to know the situation.

pr4t4p

Post by pr4t4p » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:52 pm

Hello Guys,
Isnt this true, that if an application is meant to be rejected we hear of them sooner? Is there any1 who's application was rejected after being with the HO for more than 6-7 weeks?