ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP, 1+3+1 EXTENSIONS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodnews
Newly Registered

Post by goodnews » Wed May 30, 2007 5:43 pm

Since this issue is gaining momentum. I think we need to have a seperate website wherein people like us enroll or register into this particular website.

I am not sure if we have any such website. If there is, I would be grateful if somebody directs me to that website.

Let us stand together in this moment of time. Let us collect as much as registration from the category of people who are eligible for ILR in 1+3 years hsmp scheme.

Can we all come together for this rightful cause please.

Regards
Goodnews

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu May 31, 2007 11:20 am

goodnews wrote:Since this issue is gaining momentum. I think we need to have a seperate website wherein people like us enroll or register into this particular website.

I am not sure if we have any such website. If there is, I would be grateful if somebody directs me to that website.

Let us stand together in this moment of time. Let us collect as much as registration from the category of people who are eligible for ILR in 1+3 years hsmp scheme.

Can we all come together for this rightful cause please.

Regards
Goodnews
There is a site, www.hsmpforum.com, but it looks like it has been hacked

laclassy
Newly Registered

1+3+1 Extension

Post by laclassy » Thu May 31, 2007 5:36 pm

Dear fellow members -

I have applied for my second extension on 16th of May (4 + 1 year). Previous leave is expiring on 4th of June 2007.

I had not received any reference number from HO as of this afternoon. So I called them and acquired it. The gentleman on the phone told me that the case is yet to be assigned to a case worker.

Evident from various posts as it is in this forum, people have received approvals of their initial HSMP application and/or first extension within 15-20 days. Since we do not have very many people around here in the forum who have applied for the second HSMP visa extension, my question at this stage would be as to why after 2 weeks of the application, the case is awaiting a case worker ?? perhaps 1+3+1 cases are being assigned to more senior/experienced case workers ??

My case :

Total points claimed = 80 ( INCLUDING AGE = 0 POINTS)
Form used : FLR (HSMP) April 2007 Review

Docs attached:
1. Resume'
2. 1st Extension Approval Letter (dated June 2004)
3. Fee
4. Original Degree Certificate (English Language Requirement)
5. Salary Slips ( April 2006 - March 2007)
6. P60s ( 2007, 2006 & 2007)
7. IT Returns (07, 06 & 05)
8. Company Letter (Job title, salary, start date and future prospects)
9. Travel Documents (passposts)
10. Mortage Letter (recent mortgage statement)
11. Bank Statements (3 months - proof of sufficient funds)
12. Birth Certificate of child
13. Marriage certificate

I will keep you guys posted with the happenings as and when occured. If a fellow member has already applied for his/her extension (from 4 to 5 year), your experience would be much appreciated. Thanks

LaClassy

goodnews
Newly Registered

Post by goodnews » Thu May 31, 2007 5:58 pm

Hi LaClassy,

Are you from the group of people who came in UK before the revised law came into effect.

Apologize for asking this, as your message is not clear.
for ex.
You got 1 year stay as per HSMP rules.
Then you renewed for 3 year extension (this is normally your 2nd extension
)
Now you are trying to renew/submit for final extension which is I believe 1 year and this should be Indefinite leave to remain. (ILR)

Please clarify.
Regards
goodnews

laclassy
Newly Registered

1+3+1 Extension

Post by laclassy » Thu May 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Hi -

Yes, I came in June 2003 and this is my 2nd extension. I have applied for the second extension and NOT the ILR.

Set aside all the legal battles and the JR that are yet to be heard, and the letter from HO that clearly had a mention of ILR at the end of that 3 years leave, which I received at my 1st extension, nevertheless I opted to go for another 1 year extension.

We are fighting for a cause, however the results are not overwhelming at this stage that siginificantly allow 1+3 holders to apply for ILR without restrictions. I must say that there are a lot of people sailing in the same boat as I am and will bear the pain of 1 excessive year burdon. The outcome of JR will pave a path for the forthcommers but not for people like me at this very moment ! fingers crossed

Best of luck to all of us.

baskey

Re: 1+3+1 Extension

Post by baskey » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:35 pm

laclassy wrote:Dear fellow members -

Docs attached:
1. Resume'
2. 1st Extension Approval Letter (dated June 2004)
3. Fee
4. Original Degree Certificate (English Language Requirement)
5. Salary Slips ( April 2006 - March 2007)
6. P60s ( 2007, 2006 & 2007)
7. IT Returns (07, 06 & 05)
8. Company Letter (Job title, salary, start date and future prospects)
9. Travel Documents (passposts)
10. Mortage Letter (recent mortgage statement)
11. Bank Statements (3 months - proof of sufficient funds)
12. Birth Certificate of child
13. Marriage certificate

LaClassy
Hi LaClassy,

I think you need to attach a letter from your University as well to prove English language proficiency. I assume, you attached it and not mentioned in this list.

Also Is it really required to atttach resume,1st Extension Approval Letter and IT return for 05? I agree no harm in attaching additional papers but some times we shouldn't give too much info to these bl**dy case workers.

regards,

Baskey

laclassy
Newly Registered

Post by laclassy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:36 pm

Hi -

Mine is a UK University. Hence no need to attach any more documentation. They know very well what is the medium of instruction in their universities.

I agree, we should not provide more than required information. I just did to safeguard my side. Lets see the outcome. Fingers crossed !

Regards

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:36 pm

I think you ought to have attached a letter from University confirming that the language of instruction for your first degree is/was English.

By the way - do you need to submit university letter to prove 'english' if the undergraduate course was undertaken in the UK????? :roll:

I think that requirement is unfair - you can comfortably work in Wales if you speak Welsh :)
Where there is a will there is a way.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:37 pm

laclassy wrote:Hi -

Mine is a UK University. Hence no need to attach any more documentation. They know very well what is the medium of instruction in their universities.

I agree, we should not provide more than required information. I just did to safeguard my side. Lets see the outcome. Fingers crossed !

Regards
Laclassy - the rules are quiote clear. Even if your undergraduate course was in Australia or USA - wherte language of instruction is English - you have to provide letter from Uni :?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:47 pm

laclassy

What I know for sure is that, if you have submitted your IELTS at your inittial application (in your case 4 years ago), you could use this evidence as a proof of meeting an english requirement.

In this case your case IETLS score is already more than 2 years old (4years in your case) but acceptable as long as you submitted as evidence in your initial application.

Pantaiema

laclassy wrote:Hi -

Regards

laclassy
Newly Registered

Post by laclassy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:21 pm

Hello & thanks very much all fellow members -

I graduated from University of Newcastle Upon Tyne in 1993. I have never taken IELTS neither have I submitted any proof of language requirements 4 years back. I applied from USA and received EC/Visa from British Consulate Chicago.

Mention of examples to elaborate any new rules do not make that example an absolute must to provision in support for your claim. Proofs of similar nature or whatever could be made available in support may be supplied. By making this example (degree certificate with letter from university), the policy makers kept in view any remote possibility of existence of a university within the UK with any other language than English to be its instructional medium !

Looking from the case workers point of view, submission of Undergrad Degree Certificate issued solely within the UK from a reputable UK university should suffice and cater the need for English Language requirements proof. (my view)

Should there be a question raised by HO in this connection, I will not hesitate in bringing it to the forum. My case would be a litmus test for similar situations. The cat will come out of the bag very soon ! lets wait and see.

Regards to all

ybyuan2001

Post by ybyuan2001 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:29 pm

Hi Laclassy
Good luck!

laclassy
Newly Registered

Post by laclassy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:52 pm

ybyuan2001 wrote:Hi Laclassy
Good luck!
Thanks ybyuan2001 -

I guess we all need it !

Regards

laclassy
Newly Registered

Case Status Update = APPROVED !

Post by laclassy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:24 pm

Dear fellow members -

I just have learnt from HO HSMP Customer service number that the case has been APPROVED and an extention of further one year has been granted !

I will be getting passports back by tomorrow. Exact duration will be intimated then.

Altough I had not submitted the letter from the University with a mention of the instruction medium to be English, yet I would agree with the Senior Members that a letter SHOULD be included by all cases like mine. HO may not be this nice all the time.

Regards
LaClassy

ybyuan2001

Post by ybyuan2001 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:53 am

Hi Laclassy
Congratulations!

laclassy
Newly Registered

Post by laclassy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:29 pm

I haven't received the passports back today. Called HO and learnt that the packet has been despatched today.

Will get it tomorrow hopefully and let you know the details.

Regards

laclassy
Newly Registered

Post by laclassy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:14 pm

ybyuan2001 wrote:Hi Laclassy
Congratulations!
Thanks ybyuan2001 !

goodnews
Newly Registered

Post by goodnews » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:25 pm

Hi,

14th and 15th is the date of judicial review for hsmp and other immigrant laws related to 5 years or 4 years of stay in UK to gain ILR.

Please stay tuned.

Regards

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:38 pm

shahzad40 wrote:Dear All,
I spoke to HO in the morning and shared with them my individual case and the responded mentioned that so far the rules are not really very clear and that i must wait till 1st week of dec when the rules are more defined.
My suggestion is to email or call the HO so that they are aware of the problem people are facing and they might show some flexibility in defining the rules. Email your case to:

pointsbased.comments@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

or call HSMP help line on 0114 207 4074.

Please be heard!!!
What! the first week of december. NO Way, if you can apply before december, my take on it is that you will get the benefit of the doubt. I squeezed in before they changed the rules last year and closed the office down to institute the new point system.
And what exactly happens in December, is this there official time to announce their new changes????

laclassy
Newly Registered

Post by laclassy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:00 am

laclassy wrote:I haven't received the passports back today. Called HO and learnt that the packet has been despatched today.

Regards

Received passports back from HO today. Extension granted until 2011 !

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:50 pm

laclassy wrote:
laclassy wrote:I haven't received the passports back today. Called HO and learnt that the packet has been despatched today.

Regards

So you didnt have to provide Uni letter to confirm thst your undergraduate course in the UK was taught in English :wink:

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:05 am

Well done laclassy,

My application is looming, so hearing your news is good.

Funny that they give you a further four years instead of just one.

LondonBlonde

laclassy
Newly Registered

Post by laclassy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:23 am

Chess wrote:
laclassy wrote:

Regards

So you didnt have to provide Uni letter to confirm thst your undergraduate course in the UK was taught in English :wink:

Hello -

Yes, this is true that I did not provide any letter. I simply attached the original university degree certificate. However, I did mention in details about the university and its location (with complete address) in the covering letter (which is Newcastle, England in my case).

Bear in mind please that I did call HO helpline and explained the situation before submitting the application and they advised the same as to describe the situation in the covering letter to case worker and I simply followed the instructions :)

Nevertheless, I would agree with you in saying that a letter OUGHT to be supplied by all to avoid any unnecessary delays (which I suspect in my case as it took 4 weeks and as evident from other cases in the forum where it took only 2 weeks).

Good luck to all and thanks very much for your support.

Regards

laclassy
Newly Registered

Post by laclassy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:24 am

LondonBlonde wrote:Well done laclassy,

My application is looming, so hearing your news is good.

Funny that they give you a further four years instead of just one.

LondonBlonde
Thanks LondonBlonde and good luck !

inderjit
Newly Registered

Post by inderjit » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:44 pm

aj77 wrote:bani wrote:
I'm thinking of doing this too (just apply straight for ILR when my four years is completed in late 2008). The guidance notes clearly state that we should not be affected by HSMP revisions, and I am hopeful because of the case that have been won by GJ
I do agree with bani.I would also apply straightaway for ILR after completion of my 4 years in Dec 2007.I also got the letter from HO stating that I can apply for ILR after completion of this period.If HO rejected my application, I would like to go to court instead of waiting for another year.
Hi
Are you sure about wording written on letter from office. I have checked my letter as well. Home office have not used word ILR. Home office letter state that after 4 years you can apply for further leave to remain in some other category. Could you please check your HOME OFFICE letter again.
thanks