ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Last edited by Amber on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:31 pm

That good character post is pretty helpful

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:43 pm

That good character post is pretty helpful

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi Guru (s)

I would be grateful if i can get help with regards to filling in the AN form; I cannot find the answer to this query on this forum so far so I really need your help.

Am a family member of an EEA National; - my father is the EEA National

Question 2.4 - its not clear if this relates to NON-EEA family members. I already have PR for 16 months since I got it. should I just leave this entire section blank and just continue to section 3 or do i need to write how I have been exercising my rights for the last 6 years. Of course I have been working for the last 6 years so am not sure if I should write all the companies I have worked for in these years? Please advise.

Many thanks

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:59 pm

joy2006 wrote:Hi Guru (s)

I would be grateful if i can get help with regards to filling in the AN form; I cannot find the answer to this query on this forum so far so I really need your help.

Am a family member of an EEA National; - my father is the EEA National

Question 2.4 - its not clear if this relates to NON-EEA family members. I already have PR for 16 months since I got it. should I just leave this entire section blank and just continue to section 3 or do i need to write how I have been exercising my rights for the last 6 years. Of course I have been working for the last 6 years so am not sure if I should write all the companies I have worked for in these years? Please advise.

Many thanks
I think you only have to explain how you have exercised treaty rights if you don't have the PR card or have had it for less than a year; if you've had it for over a year, I think you just need to prove residency and send the PR card as proof of treaty rights

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Thanks Derivaz for the advise. Its a relief I don't have to fill in this info again as i need when applying for my PR.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:59 pm

joy2006 wrote:Thanks Derivaz for the advise. Its a relief I don't have to fill in this info again as i need when applying for my PR.
No problem Joy2006; although, I'm not an expert, so ask for more opinions, just in case....

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Help Please!

My friend wants to apply for naturalisation but cannot remember the date he arrived in the UK as he has been here for 10yrs and he lost his original passport. Therefore he wants to contact the Home Office to see if under the freedom of information, he can access the information he used on his original application to stay in the UK. He believes that this date of arrival will be on that application. The question is, what is the best telephone number to call Home Office if he wants to obtain information regarding his initial application?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:46 pm

joy2006,

I don't think that is a matter of concern. Your friend would definitely know what month and year it was. Just put that and explain on extra info page that due to lost passport can't tell the exact date.

That's why I suggest people to always keep a copy of the application, just in case. :)

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:30 pm

joy2006 wrote:Help Please!

My friend wants to apply for naturalisation but cannot remember the date he arrived in the UK as he has been here for 10yrs and he lost his original passport. Therefore he wants to contact the Home Office to see if under the freedom of information, he can access the information he used on his original application to stay in the UK. He believes that this date of arrival will be on that application. The question is, what is the best telephone number to call Home Office if he wants to obtain information regarding his initial application?
The only thing he has to ensure is that he's been here more than 6 years and he wasn't outside the country exactly 5 days back from the day the HO receives his application; so tell him to check his holidays; he doesn't have to be accurate about the holidays; he can write that on the application

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks Neoseal and Derivaz for this advice, I will pass it onto him.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 pm

joy2006 wrote:Thanks Neoseal and Derivaz for this advice, I will pass it onto him.
No problem.

fspider
Newly Registered

Post by fspider » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:42 am

Hi I wonder if someone could please help me on naturlisation question.

I came to UK on a student visa in 2005. I went to college and university here. Graduated in 2010 and got married to BC in July 2010. Then I applied for 2 year spouse visa which I received in February 2011. Now I hold ILR which I received in February 2013.

I want to apply for naturlisation asap before the new law on another English qualification comes into place I.e. 28th October.

I am a bit confused by reading various sites and forums about the residential requirement related to my situation.

I would if someone could please clarify whether I am eligible to apply for a naturlisation or not.

Many thanks in advance.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:03 am

fspider wrote:Hi I wonder if someone could please help me on naturlisation question.

I came to UK on a student visa in 2005. I went to college and university here. Graduated in 2010 and got married to BC in July 2010. Then I applied for 2 year spouse visa which I received in February 2011. Now I hold ILR which I received in February 2013.

I want to apply for naturlisation asap before the new law on another English qualification comes into place I.e. 28th October.

I am a bit confused by reading various sites and forums about the residential requirement related to my situation.

I would if someone could please clarify whether I am eligible to apply for a naturlisation or not.

Many thanks in advance.
I think you can apply since July 2013, since you have been married to a BC for 3 years

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:10 am

fspider wrote:Hi I wonder if someone could please help me on naturlisation question.

Many thanks in advance.
You can apply now (in fact since February 2013).

See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:47 pm

joy2006 wrote:Thanks Neoseal and Derivaz for this advice, I will pass it onto him.
did he apply?

fspider
Newly Registered

Post by fspider » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 pm

Many thanks for your help Jambo

Best wishes

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:44 pm

I have had all my documents checked at the NCS last Monday, 23rd Sep, and paid the fees by cheque. As the Application should have been received by the Home Office the following day the cheque should have cleared by now, which is not the case.

Should I call the NCS to double check whether the Application has been submitted?

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Monika_33

You should wait atleast 2 more weeks for the cheque to clear. It is too early at the moment as HO takes atleast 2 weeks for payment via debit card (my experience).

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:01 pm

adi_khaneng wrote:Monika_33

You should wait atleast 2 more weeks for the cheque to clear. It is too early at the moment as HO takes atleast 2 weeks for payment via debit card (my experience).
I wouldn't say it takes at least 2 weeks; maybe upto to weeks, everyone i know was debited before 2 weeks

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Monika_33 wrote:I have had all my documents checked at the NCS last Monday, 23rd Sep, and paid the fees by cheque. As the Application should have been received by the Home Office the following day the cheque should have cleared by now, which is not the case.

Should I call the NCS to double check whether the Application has been submitted?
Hi Monika

Check with your bank first, but you can check if the application was submitted and received by the HO, you can check on the royal mail website.

I alsl think different NCS operate differently; maybe someone use the same as you

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Monika_33 wrote:I have had all my documents checked at the NCS last Monday, 23rd Sep, and paid the fees by cheque. As the Application should have been received by the Home Office the following day the cheque should have cleared by now, which is not the case.

Hi Monika

Check with your bank first, but you can check if the application was submitted and received by the HO, you can check on the royal mail website.

I alsl think different NCS operate differently; maybe someone use the same as you

Monika_33
Newly Registered

Post by Monika_33 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Thank you, guys!
Checked with Royal mail and the documents have been delivered 2 days after the appointment with NCS.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Monika_33 wrote:Thank you, guys!
Checked with Royal mail and the documents have been delivered 2 days after the appointment with NCS.
Should be the day after, but sounds alright; it will be around 7-10 days to cash the cheque, I reckon....

Good luck

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi guys,

Has anyone noticed that the AN form has been updated? The front page now has September 2013. I have checked the contents and there's hardly any change but I suppose all applicants from now onwards will have to use the September 2013 form otherwise if you submit with the December 2012, ukba might reject your application.