ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA with no right to work BUT we ARE married

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LunarGirl

Re: COA with no right to work BUT we ARE married

Post by LunarGirl » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Sorry to hear that you haven't received the correct COA. If you supplied all of the correct evidence in support of your application then the Home Office have clearly made a mistake.

Complain, pester them, don't give up. Submit a complaint via the Home Office's online complaints submission form, contact Solvit, contact your MP...

cypher6
Newly Registered

Re: COA with no right to work BUT we ARE married

Post by cypher6 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Dear LunaGirl,

We've had the same case as with you. I understand that your case is already old ( almost 2 years), I was just wondering if you encountered a situation whereby they did not give us a full COA because we have not provided an Original Document. We receive a short COA because we didn't provide an Original Passport. On the same day that I had my biometrics, I have posted my Original Passport and at the same time a cover letter stating that I wish to be issued with a new COA because I have already fulfilled their requirement of sending the Original Passport. To my surprise today I got an Email from the Home office Saying that the Outcome of the Application will not be altered regardless of the documents ( new) that you send. This is such a difficult red tape that they are placing in the system. Furthermore this will restrict me to work for 5 months and I have an existing job offer. The inputs that I got is to cancel the application and re-apply which in that case would perhaps allow me to get my New COA ( hopefully with the right of work) in 2 months. What do you think. Do we just cancel the application?

I appreciate your help.

Cypher