ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nkunimdi77
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 / FM-EFM Discussion thread

Post by nkunimdi77 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:22 pm

chriskv1 wrote:
nkunimdi77 wrote:
alex1128 wrote:Yeah i do remember !!
The HO will have to answer for what they've done to us in court, the only problem is that it takes time and my 2ige won't be able to leave the country during all this period :/ when is your interview due ?
Hi alex thanks for ur constant helping folks on here God bless u and my interview date is 18/2/2016 is sooo stressful after waiting for close to 9months ...here comes invitation letter for interview cant believe this long wait.so please Alex i need some tit bits from...thanks very much.

They're trying to f*** you over . These interviews , home visits .etc are not because they're worried you're not genuine , But because they want some reason to reject you on. They'd ask 500 questions and if 2 of it doesn't match then theyll say you're not genuine. My suggestion would be for you to sit down with your wife and refresh your memory with her before going there.

They'd try to intimidate you but if you know that you're genuine know that it is your right.
Thanks chriskv1 for ur advice and we are going to the interview with my solicitor to monittor and serve as a third eye and ear.i appreciate ur advice and have u urself had any experience with this interview situation before?

lucia123
Newly Registered

Post by lucia123 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:43 am

hi guys, i need help am italian national i apply for my partner resisdent card but his overstayer from africa the day we surmit the appilication am still on maternity so i cant send any pay slip but i sent a letter from that show the day am going back to work and after i finish my maternity i sent 3payslips,prove of address that shows we been living together for 2years, my bank statement, my passport, our child passport, birth certificate and some picture.
question1: if i make any mistake
question2: how long does it take to make decition

application date: 12/9//15
payment date: 14/9/15
coa 23/9/15
biometric 23/9/15
biometric done 23/9/15
waiting ........
waiting ......
NB: WE ARE NOT MARRIED
help pls i will appreciate any. Thanks

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:53 am

nkunimdi77 wrote:
alex1128 wrote:Yeah i do remember !!
The HO will have to answer for what they've done to us in court, the only problem is that it takes time and my 2ige won't be able to leave the country during all this period :/ when is your interview due ?
Hi alex thanks for ur constant helping folks on here God bless u and my interview date is 18/2/2016 is sooo stressful after waiting for close to 9months ...here comes invitation letter for interview cant believe this long wait.so please Alex i need some tit bits from...thanks very much.
Hi nkunimdi... check out page 5 of this discussion thread.. ive put most of the questions that were in my mind when the home office interviewed me.. i hope it would help you.. Make sure u get ur facts clear about all of them.. I hope it helps you out..

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:53 am

Another week went and yet no reply from the home office.. Sigh* what to do.. :|

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:46 pm

+1 Nightwolf that should be very helpful for the interview folks !
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi everyone

I applied for an RP at the end of October so I'm in the waiting period of 6 months now. However, my sponsor changed employment at the beginning of the year. Is it advisable to send through updated employment details to the HO ?.
From what I can see in the EEA2 guidelines, it does not mention anywhere that details need to be updated with the HO during the application process.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Garth1989 wrote:Hi everyone

I applied for an RP at the end of October so I'm in the waiting period of 6 months now. However, my sponsor changed employment at the beginning of the year. Is it advisable to send through updated employment details to the HO ?.
From what I can see in the EEA2 guidelines, it does not mention anywhere that details need to be updated with the HO during the application process.

Thanks
The Declaration you will have signed on the application form includes:
I confirm that if, before this application is decided, there is a material change in my circumstances or new information relevant to this application becomes available, I will inform the Home Office
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

samfam
United Kingdom

Post by samfam » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Garth1989 wrote:Hi everyone

Thanks
You should inform to HO about any kind of updates.
I got refusal on the grounds that my EEA spouse is not exercising treaty rights thats why they rejected my application EEA(FM) .What My fault was I didn't update HO about my spouses's change of employment while they were processing my application.
Application sent : 8th Feb 2016 (Postal order)
Biometric received : 26th Feb 2016
Bimoetric sent : 26th Feb 2016
COA received : 1st March 2016 (with right of work)
Decision made : 8th Aug 2016
Residence card : 12th Aug 2016

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Thank you for your response guys, I will send through the updated info to the HO.

galvano
Newly Registered

Post by galvano » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:53 pm

Any idea whether Biometric Letter is taking longer now? It's been 2 weeks now since I applied and I still haven't received the letter!

nickasa
Newly Registered

Post by nickasa » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:28 am

alex1128 wrote:You need to send only one proof of id :)
You don't need to have two proofs or two copies of each document you are sending just fill up the two application forms and put them along all the proofs in one envelope and send !

Thank you @alex1128! it's very helpful

And another question which I'm worried about. Will HO return the original documents at the end?

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:49 am

nickasa wrote:
alex1128 wrote:You need to send only one proof of id :)
You don't need to have two proofs or two copies of each document you are sending just fill up the two application forms and put them along all the proofs in one envelope and send !

Thank you @alex1128! it's very helpful

And another question which I'm worried about. Will HO return the original documents at the end?
All the documents you've provided will be returned in case your application is successful !
=> In case your application is not successful, the non-EEA passport will be retained by the HO.

Moreover you can request your passport back after you receive the COA :
The EEA ID will be returned without restrictions.
The Non-EEA passport will only be returned if it still has a valid visa on it .

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:54 am

Any updates guys ?
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

geeb33

Post by geeb33 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:44 am

Hi there,

I will be applying for the EEA EFM soon with my unmarried Dutch partner who is a student in the UK. I'm on a tier 5 YMS visa ending in May. My question is - if I receive a COA with no right to work, am I able to continue working until my current visa expires? Or does the COA superseed it? Also can I argue my right to work? If it takes six months for my application to process how does the home office expect me to live in the UK waiting for my RC outcome without being able to work for months??

Thanks!

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:33 am

The COA does not cancel your current visa !

We have had people in this forum with a similar situation, After your receive your COA you can request online your passport and visa back and you can even travel with them until it expires!

j22737
Newly Registered

Post by j22737 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:50 am

Hi Everyone,

HO took my payment 4 weeks ago on 7th of Jan, but I haven't received my biometric enrollment yet.
I'm panicking, as this is taking unusually long comparing to people's timeline here.
I called the EU help line yesterday but they told me it can take up to 2 months, and they don't have access to individual cases...

Is there any other way to contact the HO?
I live in a flat, so chances are the letter could have been accidentally thrown away by neighbours. (I hope not!)

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Thank you!

geeb33

Post by geeb33 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:57 am

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your help that's great! So I am unable to travel once my YMS ends and I am waiting a response for my RC?

Thanks

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:07 am

geeb33 wrote:Hi Alex,

Thank you for your help that's great! So I am unable to travel once my YMS ends and I am waiting a response for my RC?

Thanks
Well technically you can get out of the country easily with no problem, In order to come back you will need to apply for a family permit at a foreign british embassy (from what ive seen here nobody was able to get that family permit while the application is pending...)!

It also depends on the country you are from, if you do not require a visa to enter the UK then you wouldnt find a problem boarding an airplane on your way back, but once you are at UKBA you will need to provide the COA letter and proove that your partner is exercing treaty rights and that you have a genuine relationship in order to convince the Immigration Officer to let you in !

geeb33

Post by geeb33 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:52 am

Oh dear okay thank you. I'm from New Zealand but don't like the sound of immigration on my return. Last question - we lived together at my parents house in New Zealand but do not have any joint documents or anything. He never changed his mail address as his parents house was a 10 minute drive away and we often went over there. What proof should I add into my application as this is part of the previous two years? Letter from his and my parents, letter from him and I, deed of property in my parents name, photos in house?

Many thanks

IvanovMarin
Newly Registered

Post by IvanovMarin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:38 pm

Omg. This forum is so useful.

Can I ask some questions as I'm very nervous after reading some cases.

I'm about to apply for EEA FM.

I'm on tier4 from sept 2014 until October 2016.
I was dating with a guy for two years, we married in January 2016 and I moved to his place after marriage (yes-yes only after marriage). So we are living together for two weeks now.
He is self employed (estate agent, director of his company) for 5 months now, paying him self min salary as not much profit in the beginning.
Previously he was a job-seaker for 5 year and on the benefits.

Anything I should take into account according to previous experience in order not to fail with the application?

Many thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:51 pm

geeb33 wrote:Oh dear okay thank you. I'm from New Zealand but don't like the sound of immigration on my return. Last question - we lived together at my parents house in New Zealand but do not have any joint documents or anything. He never changed his mail address as his parents house was a 10 minute drive away and we often went over there. What proof should I add into my application as this is part of the previous two years? Letter from his and my parents, letter from him and I, deed of property in my parents name, photos in house?

Many thanks
Regarding proving to HO that you have a durable relationship 'akin to marriage' (ie more than boyfriend-girlfiend or fiance-fiancee type of relationship), see your post here:
eea-route-applications/eea-efm-travel-t ... l#p1297465

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:54 pm

IvanovMarin wrote:Omg. This forum is so useful.

I was dating with a guy for two years, we married in January 2016 and I moved to his place after marriage (yes-yes only after marriage). So we are living together for two weeks now.

Anything I should take into account according to previous experience in order not to fail with the application?

Many thanks
Marriage is cool - congratulations.

Make sure you have unimpeachable documentary supporting evidence to back your case;
don't leave HO any 'wriggle room'.

If you are a student & are changing visa status make sure you keep your college/university fully-informed;
suggest seek confirmation in writing that they are aware & ok with it.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:05 pm

alex1128 wrote:
geeb33 wrote:Hi Alex,

Thanks
Well technically you can get out of the country easily with no problem, In order to come back you will need to apply for a family permit at a foreign british embassy (from what ive seen here nobody was able to get that family permit while the application is pending...)!

It also depends on the country you are from, if you do not require a visa to enter the UK then you wouldnt find a problem boarding an airplane on your way back, but once you are at UKBA you will need to provide the COA letter and prove that your partner is exercing treaty rights and that you have a genuine relationship in order to convince the Immigration Officer to let you in !
This may float OP's boat:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... to-travel/

galvano
Newly Registered

Post by galvano » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:09 pm

j22737 wrote:Hi Everyone,

HO took my payment 4 weeks ago on 7th of Jan, but I haven't received my biometric enrollment yet.
I'm panicking, as this is taking unusually long comparing to people's timeline here.
I called the EU help line yesterday but they told me it can take up to 2 months, and they don't have access to individual cases...

Is there any other way to contact the HO?
I live in a flat, so chances are the letter could have been accidentally thrown away by neighbours. (I hope not!)

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Thank you!
I am in a similar situation. Payment was taken on 21 January and still no word from HO. My EU applied together and he received an email today saying his application had been received

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:49 pm

IvanovMarin wrote:Omg. This forum is so useful.

He is self employed (estate agent, director of his company) for 5 months now, paying him self min salary as not much profit in the beginning.
Previously he was a job-seaker for 5 year and on the benefits.

Many thanks
The status of job seeker for 5 years and the fact that your partner has claimed benefit will surely make them scrutinize carefully every single bit of the documents you sent for your application and will most-likely result in them calling both of you for an interview ...
So DO NOT send any extra documentation, SEND ONLY the documents required as this will reduce their chances of finding some minor reason to reject your application or use it against you during the interview in Liverpool...