ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immaad

Post by immaad » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:01 pm

I also have a job offer from Australia, so I am in kind of a fix right now :$
softlogic20 wrote:Many Many Congerts Immad :)
after long waiting you got it :)
so when you plan to fly now ?

immaad

Post by immaad » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Good luck jd, you will get one very soon. We all hope for the best for you.

jd wrote:Hi,

Don't forget to get a protector stamp on your passport before flying otherwise you'll be in trouble at pakistan airport departures.

You can get more info re protector from FIA or immigration cell of pakistan.

Re jobs in UK, jobs market is not bad here but you need to be very strong technically and theoratically in whatever field you are and upon all its luck that matters.

I'm here for 2 weeks now and had 3 interviews but no job yet.

First thing re job hunt is that register with as many recruiters as you can. Search on google for recruitment agencies in UK.

I may not be able to visit the forum frequently untill I get a job so if there is anything I can do for you guys just email me at jawadumar@gmail.com or my MSN ID is jawadumar@hotmail.com or my cell no is 0779 888 5396.

Best of luck!

Regards,
JD

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:00 pm

Thanks
immaad wrote:Good luck jd, you will get one very soon. We all hope for the best for you.

jd wrote:Hi,

Don't forget to get a protector stamp on your passport before flying otherwise you'll be in trouble at pakistan airport departures.

You can get more info re protector from FIA or immigration cell of pakistan.

Re jobs in UK, jobs market is not bad here but you need to be very strong technically and theoratically in whatever field you are and upon all its luck that matters.

I'm here for 2 weeks now and had 3 interviews but no job yet.

First thing re job hunt is that register with as many recruiters as you can. Search on google for recruitment agencies in UK.

I may not be able to visit the forum frequently untill I get a job so if there is anything I can do for you guys just email me at jawadumar@gmail.com or my MSN ID is jawadumar@hotmail.com or my cell no is 0779 888 5396.

Best of luck!

Regards,
JD

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hii

Post by jimmymcad » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:47 am

Go for the protector guys, Dont miss it in any case. I know there are lot cases now, they may stop you on the report, and then it would look awkward at that time, and yu will blame yurself that why i have not gone for it. It is compulsory..

stevehyd
Newly Registered

Post by stevehyd » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:52 am

so what about degree attestation from HEC ? do you think its necessary? anyone got visa without it

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

I think no need

Post by jimmymcad » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:32 pm

When i applied, i even did not provide Naric equivalent certificate nor any HEC certificate.

Whatever

HEC

Post by Whatever » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:59 am

stevehyd: HEC Equivalence is necassary if you have a foreign degree (non-UK i thk). When submiting the EC, they ask you to fill in this form, n one of the requirements on the form is HEC equivalence in case of foreign degree. I suggest you visit the VAC in your city & ask them for the forms. The HEC equivalence requirement is written in one of the forms...

Regarding HEC degree attestation: I didnt find in any guidence or website that it is necassary & i am sure people have got EC without it.
Although, the Gerry's guy did tell me that all degrees go to HEC from the embassy after v submit the EC application. So my guess is that it helps if the degree is already attested...it would save time... n streghtens the case. But if one submits degrees for attestation to HEC, how much time HEC takes with your degrees must also be considered?
stevehyd wrote:so what about degree attestation from HEC ? do you think its necessary? anyone got visa without it

saby

Post by saby » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:20 am

Yesterday I called embassy to ask for my status and they asked me to go and collect my passport. I went to VAC and to my great joy, I have recieved EC for two years. Visa was stamped on 14th of February, perhaps a valentine gift from bhc ;)

congrats Immaad on getting ec.

whatever: any update on your case?

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:33 am

Congratulations Saby :)
Yeah it is Valentine gift for you, It seems things are moving forward in good way :) so what you plan to fly now? What about you Immad ?

It will be Great if both of you( Saby & Immad) can share their thoughts/feelings/Tips on EC with all members. Like what make a case lengthy, how can we make our case straight forward, suggestions about Docs etc

May ALLAh help you in your Career in UK and your Dreams become True.

Regards,
Kash

nabsha

A Question about bank statement

Post by nabsha » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for keeping such an informative thread active.

My heartiest greetings to JD, Immad, Saby and siqbal.

I am planning to apply for HSMP1 in the coming month(March), InshALLAH.

The documentary proof I am providing to support my claims are,
- Qualification: UK MSc Degree(So no attestation required from NAIRC)
- Earnings: 12 Months Pay slips
- Earnings: Bank Statements of last year. (I dont have my ITR documents)
- Earnings: My increment letter from my employer stating my salary(but not the duration I am claiming as mentioned in Annex C-Pt.51). I dont want to bother my employer before hand.

As far as I have read about the required documents for HSMP1, I think this list suffices the requirement. If you have any suggestions, please do drop a line.

What I would like to know is that, "For how long I should have maintenance funds in my account before applying for EC?". I dont have much of the savings of my own at the moment. I want to arrange maintenance funds in due time so that I can apply for EC right after HSMP 1.

Thanks for the favour in advance.
-Nabsha

maidy

Post by maidy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:43 pm

Congratulations Saby :D
it sounds good that most of guys are getting E.C successfuly. i'm sending my E.C after a couple of weeks. Dear Saby can u plz share list of documents u have provided with ur E.C application.......... so it may help me and some others at the forum. do u?
Maddy

shakeelahmadch

Post by shakeelahmadch » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:25 pm

ok here's an update - my documents were recieved by HSMP team yesterday i.e. 19th

Today, the deducation have been made for 779$
lets see when i recieve my refference number.

Whatever

no EC yet

Post by Whatever » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:41 pm

Hi Saby: congrats on getting the EC....I have not received any call yet...i checked on the website...n the status is the same...'application forwarded to british high commission on 25th Jan 2008...'... :(

hxxp://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=100 (replace x with t)

i had applied on 25/01/2008 with 2 dependents...n without HEC attestation (i know i shud have)...so i m guessing that might call for extra processing time...JD submitted HEC attested degrees n he got EC in 4 working days back in Nov 2007...:)

did u submit HEC attested degrees?...n did u apply with any dependents..? ...let us know how the protector stamp expereince goes...
hxxp://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=22463 (replace x with t)

all the best...

regards,

saby

Re: no EC yet

Post by saby » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Whatever, I did not recieve any call myself. I called embassy myself to ask about the status and I think you should do the same too.

To your second question, I didnt submit HEC attested documents. Because no one suggested its imperative unless one has foriegn degree.

Whatever wrote:Hi Saby: congrats on getting the EC....I have not received any call yet...i checked on the website...n the status is the same...'application forwarded to british high commission on 25th Jan 2008...'... :(

hxxp://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=100 (replace x with t)

i had applied on 25/01/2008 with 2 dependents...n without HEC attestation (i know i shud have)...so i m guessing that might call for extra processing time...JD submitted HEC attested degrees n he got EC in 4 working days back in Nov 2007...:)

did u submit HEC attested degrees?...n did u apply with any dependents..? ...let us know how the protector stamp expereince goes...

all the best...

regards,

saby

Post by saby » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks Immad and softlogic.

softlogic: I am planning to fly in first week of march. I need to wrap a few things here first. Regarding EC documents, I'd suggest keep documents as minimum as possible.

I would suggest the following

1) All HSMP docs
2) Intermediate and Matriculation documents
3) Bank statement with sufficient funds
4) hotel booking documents or in case of sponsor (sponsor letter + relation documents)
5) TB Certificate
Last edited by saby on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saby

Post by saby » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Immad:

here is the list of documents I submitted (Its on page 6 of this thread)

1)) All documents sent for HSMP approval
2) TB Certificate
3) Educational certificates or degrees starting from metric
4) Invitation letter, tenancy agreement, proof of legal status, copies of work permit, bank statements of my brother (whom i will be staying with initially)
5) Copies of emails exchange with recruiters who asked me to contact them as soon as I land in uk who will have interviews lined up.
6) professional certificates that will help me in my job search.
7) bank statement containing more than 5 lacs in savings account.

immaad

Re: no EC yet

Post by immaad » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:32 pm

Yes probably your degrees are delaying this process because a friend of mine submitted on 14th of Feb and he got verification call today.

Whatever wrote:Hi Saby: congrats on getting the EC....I have not received any call yet...i checked on the website...n the status is the same...'application forwarded to british high commission on 25th Jan 2008...'... :(

all the best...

regards,

immaad

Post by immaad » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Thanks saby :D
saby wrote:Immad:

here is the list of documents I submitted (Its on page 6 of this thread)

1)) All documents sent for HSMP approval
2) TB Certificate
3) Educational certificates or degrees starting from metric
4) Invitation letter, tenancy agreement, proof of legal status, copies of work permit, bank statements of my brother (whom i will be staying with initially)
5) Copies of emails exchange with recruiters who asked me to contact them as soon as I land in uk who will have interviews lined up.
6) professional certificates that will help me in my job search.
7) bank statement containing more than 5 lacs in savings account.

immaad

Post by immaad » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:35 pm

Call them after 2 days and get your reference number, instead of waiting for an unconfirmed email.
shakeelahmadch wrote:ok here's an update - my documents were recieved by HSMP team yesterday i.e. 19th

Today, the deducation have been made for 779$
lets see when i recieve my refference number.

immaad

Re: A Question about bank statement

Post by immaad » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:37 pm

You need to show bank statements for last 6 months.

And try to get your ITR if possible, you can get it stamped even now.
nabsha wrote:Hi All,

Thanks for keeping such an informative thread active.

My heartiest greetings to JD, Immad, Saby and siqbal.

I am planning to apply for HSMP1 in the coming month(March), InshALLAH.

The documentary proof I am providing to support my claims are,
- Qualification: UK MSc Degree(So no attestation required from NAIRC)
- Earnings: 12 Months Pay slips
- Earnings: Bank Statements of last year. (I dont have my ITR documents)
- Earnings: My increment letter from my employer stating my salary(but not the duration I am claiming as mentioned in Annex C-Pt.51). I dont want to bother my employer before hand.

As far as I have read about the required documents for HSMP1, I think this list suffices the requirement. If you have any suggestions, please do drop a line.

What I would like to know is that, "For how long I should have maintenance funds in my account before applying for EC?". I dont have much of the savings of my own at the moment. I want to arrange maintenance funds in due time so that I can apply for EC right after HSMP 1.

Thanks for the favour in advance.
-Nabsha

immaad

Post by immaad » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Congrates.

saby wrote:Yesterday I called embassy to ask for my status and they asked me to go and collect my passport. I went to VAC and to my great joy, I have recieved EC for two years. Visa was stamped on 14th of February, perhaps a valentine gift from bhc ;)

congrats Immaad on getting ec.

whatever: any update on your case?

nabsha

Re: A Question about bank statement

Post by nabsha » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:59 am

[quote="immaad"]You need to show bank statements for last 6 months.

Immaad,
Just a little confirmation,
Should I have 7 Lac Rs. in my bank for atleast 6 months before applying for EC? :o

Thanks,
-Nabsha

immaad

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:07 am

Not exactly, but there should not be a heavy transaction just before your get your statement, you can have 1 lac transfered to it every month, but not 3/4 lacs just one month before. Or if do, you will have to prove the source of money.

nabsha

Post by nabsha » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:17 pm

Thanks Immaad.

Has anyone here used http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk for visa processing?, I mean the online visa application process.

-Nabsha
Last edited by nabsha on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

immaad

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:20 pm

you can't apply online from pakistan, I think.