ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All those applied for EC in January 2008

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

serggry

The country matters

Post by serggry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:38 am

Hi colleagues!

It is a bit strange. It seems that country influences the term of EC consideration.

Embassy FAQ
-------------------------
How long will it take now to get a visa?
Majority of decisions will be made within 48 hours from submitting your visa application at VAC. In case you need an interview, you will receive an invitation for an interview at the Embassy Visa Section at the earliest available date. If you are unable to attend at the offered time you may reschedule your interview appointment by e-mailing British Embassy Visa Section at britvisa.kiev@fco.gov.uk
-==============================

I applied with my wife 24 January. Today 28 January I tracked the application:

-----------------------
Reference Number UKAC/240108/--------
Application date 24 Jan 2008
Status Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 25 Jan 2008
=================

I was not told of any Integra check at all.

If I understand it right - my application has been processed.

Very, very, very quick.

I hope it would be positive decision.

Good luck to all of us!

Have you heard of mass job cuts in financial sector in London? 5000 people will be fired in the nearest future due to crisis.. Not so good for us..

Sincerely,

Serggry

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:42 am

Yes Serggry...EC depends on the country...and Integra verification is a part of the process in India...And abt job cuts...all we can do is just to hope for the best :)

yourreddy
Newly Registered

Post by yourreddy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Waiting :oops:
Final Status : Waiting

narayans_007
Newly Registered

Got EC

Post by narayans_007 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi,

I have applied for EC together with my wife in Germany. Submitted the application on 17th and got the passports back on 25th. I requested in cover letter to issue the post dated 3 months in advance but they issued with immediate start date as effective date.

Regards,
Narayan

Mantya

Re: Hi

Post by Mantya » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Track101 wrote:Vishal applied on 20 Dec in mumbai, i applied on 4-jan in mumbai, i noticed someone else who applied on Dec 28 from mumbai.

All the cases are still pending

I think we should not give too much credit to mumbai BHC
Yes Track101, I agree , I'm having a very bad experience with the Mumbai BHC..It is very urgent for me to join or else I may loose my job in the UK..it is terrible that it is 1 month since i applied (28th DEc)and I'm sending my urgency request to them on a regular basis,even my co. has sent the letter many times stating the urgency but these guys are just being deaf... :evil: .they think that they are doing a favour by issuing us an EC...

lnchowdary

Hi

Post by lnchowdary » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi All,

I have submitted my Hsmp visa appliocation on 2 nd JAN and iam giving my resignation at my cutternt office. is there any problem of giivng resigantion.

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:24 pm

There is no problem as long as u are confident that your EC goes through and have back up plans IF at all anything goes wrong...

lnchowdary

Post by lnchowdary » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:32 pm

reincarnation wrote:There is no problem as long as u are confident that your EC goes through and have back up plans IF at all anything goes wrong...

Thanks for your quick reply.

iam asking , it will not be a problem for EC?

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Well...Integra guys will call up your company to verify the credentials. I guess, you need to stick around till then atleast...

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:48 pm

I think jan applicants have to wait till 2nd/3rd week to start getting results...I am doubtful about the pace(if at all there is any) at which the BHC Chennai is issuing the VISA...
Ahem!

lnchowdary

Post by lnchowdary » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:41 am

reincarnation wrote:Well...Integra guys will call up your company to verify the credentials. I guess, you need to stick around till then atleast...
This is the MAIL reply i got from bhc.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email. You may wish to note that HSMP applications received in the 2nd week of December are being assessed at the moment. Due to unusual rush in HSMP applications we are unable to assess the applications in the said timeframe. However, we are trying our best to expedite the process. We will keep you updated regarding the outcome of your visa application.

We regret the inconvenience and appreciate your co-operation.

Yours faithfully
Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai.

lnchowdary

Post by lnchowdary » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:39 am

Achtung wrote:I think jan applicants have to wait till 2nd/3rd week to start getting results...I am doubtful about the pace(if at all there is any) at which the BHC Chennai is issuing the VISA...
Ahem!

Hi ,

DId u get any update on integar verification on your case?

akira

Post by akira » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:20 am

hi,
i have applied at bangalore vfs on 11th jan. the online status still says"your application has been received by BHC on 11th jan"..no status change

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:40 am

akira...Any news abt Integra?

akira

Post by akira » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:54 am

no idea about integra..i have called up Chennai office and they have told me that my application is under verification by BHC . i asked them what kind of verification..is it integra..she said we cant tell you all the details as its highly confidential...still waiting..can anyone tell me how many working days has it been for me till date as i am not aware of BHC holidays.i have applied on 11th Jan

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:56 am

Its day 12 today as 15th was a holiday

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:57 am

lets continue the initiative taken in dec applicants thread... all please add your application details in your signatures... I think its really helpful and gives handy info about the poster, what u people think?
Thanks...
Veeresh

akira

Post by akira » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:00 pm

reincarnation....how will i know about the integra check..i havent got any status change in online application site..and i cant ask my employer about this..how do i get to know about integra check...any thoughts on this please..

akira

Post by akira » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:01 pm

done!

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:01 pm

Well..you wont knw abt integra unless your HR tells you abt it...Or maybe in certain cases, BHC mails you telling that they have got your integra verification reports...

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi All,

I applied for EC under HSMP on 9th Jan and got INtegra call at my desk on 17th. My previous company got a call on 18th. I have no idea whether my current employers got any call or now.

Let me share my exp with integra verification.

On 17 Jan, at 11:00 AM, my extension rang, showing the number of reception. Thought it was some visitior, but was actually the call from Integra lady!! She confirmed my full name and told that this is the verification call from BHC. She asked me about the company's full name, my designation, date of joining the company and current salary. Since I had joined my current company on 15 Dec 2007, my salary slip for Dec 2007 was showing only half of the salary. She got that clarified.

Then she asked me my reporting managers name. I was very scared at that moment as I thought that she is going to call him. Then she asked me if my current employers know that I am planning to go to UK on HSMP. I told NO and she seemd a bit confused with that. I wanted to ask her if she has already spoken to someone in the HR team, but there were so many ppl around me, I didnt feel like talking too much. She cut the call after that. I have no clue if my current employers got a call or not.

Its been 3 weeks and no sign of getting the visa. Looking at the earlier posts in this group, I think I will get mine only by feb mid. Just wating with my fingers crossed.

Best of luck to everyone.

Bye

hsmp_guy
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_guy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:17 am

My timelines...

Prashanth_yadav

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:56 am

My time lines.......
Applied on : Jan 4
At : VFS HYD
Integra Verification: Done When : No Idea
Status: Prcessed Application and sent to BLUE DART on FEB07....Waiting........for PASSPORT

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:13 am

Today called up Chennai BHC and came to know that they have received the integra report but no idea when it happened. And when asked about how long it takes for completion of the whole process she replied saying it was supposed to be within 15 days but due to huge number of applications in dec its getting delayed.

Anyway bit relieved now as I came to know that integra is over... but still worried about the final outcome...
Thanks...
Veeresh

akira

Post by akira » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:38 am

what is contact number of chennai BHC...is it 0442857788/8514/8516.these three numbers are chennai vfs right...am i correct?