ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

j_sheng45
Singapore

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:58 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:54 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:45 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:37 pm

same here! undergrad? i assume u contacted the isvat team
:D I'm a postgrad. Yeah, think the the isvat team is super busy with all these delays, so i dont expect quick replies from them.. But aergobalag must be so reliving to here a proper update after all this time.. I really need some good news to survive..
cheers. whats ur rough time line again? i applied prority in geneva switzerland, everything scanned and bio done on 16th aug. Email from sheffield on 17th aug.

its only been 14 working days but im starting to get quite worried.. did the isvat team told u to get back to them by a certain date so they can escalate it
I applied on 9th July and scanning was done on the 13th of July (standard service) :mrgreen:

They said they cant escalate, only request updates unfortunately.. They've already notified UKVI about it though.
when does ur course start? i am told i can ask the them(isvat) to assist when I get no news till the 8th of sep, the will expedite accordingly. wow bro, you've been waiting much longer than me. i shouldnt complain! hahahaha

Gelarehk
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Gelarehk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi all,
I've been reading your posts about checking the CAS ... I just called the uni and I was told that they used my CAS on August 27th.... Do you happen to know how long it's going to take until I get the decision? Worried like hell..... :cry:

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Gelarehk wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 pm
Hi all,
I've been reading your posts about checking the CAS ... I just called the uni and I was told that they used my CAS on August 27th.... Do you happen to know how long it's going to take until I get the decision? Worried like hell..... :cry:
no idea how it works but my uni told me (cas not assigned, so still in process). so if yours is assigned, sounds like good news to me! maybe u can give them a call to ask, a lot of other folks around here received no emails at all but still got the visa back

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:13 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:02 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:45 pm

:D I'm a postgrad. Yeah, think the the isvat team is super busy with all these delays, so i dont expect quick replies from them.. But aergobalag must be so reliving to here a proper update after all this time.. I really need some good news to survive..
cheers. whats ur rough time line again? i applied prority in geneva switzerland, everything scanned and bio done on 16th aug. Email from sheffield on 17th aug.

its only been 14 working days but im starting to get quite worried.. did the isvat team told u to get back to them by a certain date so they can escalate it
I applied on 9th July and scanning was done on the 13th of July (standard service) :mrgreen:

They said they cant escalate, only request updates unfortunately.. They've already notified UKVI about it though.
when does ur course start? i am told i can ask the them(isvat) to assist when I get no news till the 8th of sep, the will expedite accordingly. wow bro, you've been waiting much longer than me. i shouldnt complain! hahahaha
18th september... Ohh really. Can you please pm me the email address you used. Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:17 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:13 pm
18th september... Ohh really. Can you please pm me the email address you used. Thanks in advance
YOu don't have PM access and members should post information publicly as long as it is NOT a person name email or a personal email address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:

seems like i cant share the email openly here...u can find it on the lse hopepage. its just the isvat contact. im flying on 17th so quite worried myself!

Gelarehk
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Gelarehk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:22 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:08 pm
Gelarehk wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 pm
Hi all,
no idea how it works but my uni told me (cas not assigned, so still in process). so if yours is assigned, sounds like good news to me! maybe u can give them a call to ask, a lot of other folks around here received no emails at all but still got the visa back
I had called UKVI today before I called the uni.... They said that they would escalate it.... This is what I have been hearing from them since the beginning of August.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:23 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:19 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:

seems like i cant share the email openly here...u can find it on the lse hopepage. its just the isvat contact. im flying on 17th so quite worried myself!
I think i've used the same email, but just kept the discussion with a team member regarding an earlier issue going without a new thread.

Yeah, im scheduled to fly on the 16th.

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:23 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:

I think i've used the same email, but just kept the discussion with a team member regarding an earlier issue going without a new thread.

bro i just emailed them minutes ago and got a pretty instant reply that my cas is used on the 4th of sep. i strongly advise u to ask them again, the team is very very capable and responds fast

mestranger
Newly Registered
India

Post by mestranger » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:37 pm

My CAS is used on 1st Sep and i have 6 days for my course. Reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worried. Anyone knows how long it will take from here?

Alishba555
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alishba555 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:47 pm

mestranger wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:37 pm
My CAS is used on 1st Sep and i have 6 days for my course. Reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worried. Anyone knows how long it will take from here?
Do we have to ask from uni wther our CAS is used by UKVI or not.
My online application on 17 July, biometrics on 31st July.
After that didn't heard frm them

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Alishba555 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:47 pm
mestranger wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:37 pm
Do we have to ask from uni wther our CAS is used by UKVI or not.
My online application on 17 July, biometrics on 31st July.
After that didn't heard frm them
i did some research online. apparently if the status of your cas is USED, it is pretty positive. u can google and read oxford university's guide. if u have receive no news till today, i guess u can always ask your uni to get some assurance!

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:54 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:29 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:

bro i just emailed them minutes ago and got a pretty instant reply that my cas is used on the 4th of sep. i strongly advise u to ask them again, the team is very very capable and responds fast
Hi can you please post the email thanks.. Was it the online query form?
Last edited by Mugatiya26 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:55 pm

it seems everyone is asking for CAS UPDATES in their university...since bored of hearing ukvi same reply to escalate... :lol:
lets pray god ,we get our visa soon

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:54 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:

yes bro the online form will direct you to their email. i am extremely disappointed with the outcome of my app. this is the longest and most complicated visa i've ever applied for. not mentioning the price, nearly 1k pounds with the priority in.. pls sent a complaint to the home office complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

this is a public email i found on their website which only deal w complaints. if we dont let them know, the next batch of ppl will suffer the same fate..

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:03 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:01 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:

yes bro the online form will direct you to their email. i am extremely disappointed with the outcome of my app. this is the longest and most complicated visa i've ever applied for. not mentioning the price, nearly 1k pounds with the priority in.. pls sent a complaint to the home office complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

this is a public email i found on their website which only deal w complaints. if we dont let them know, the next batch of ppl will suffer the same fate..
Ok, I just did. Think they've just closed since its 9 pm there.. Too bad..

I submitted two complaints to that address already. Pretty useless from the looks

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:03 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:

I submitted two complaints to that address already. Pretty useless from the looks
5pm in the uk so you can still make it! did you try the hotline? i mean its damn expensive but i act got much better answers from the operators. i called twice, the first told me I will receive my decision by today the second told me it was still in process....idk man lol

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:08 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:04 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:

5pm in the uk so you can still make it! did you try the hotline? i mean its damn expensive but i act got much better answers from the operators. i called twice, the first told me I will receive my decision by today the second told me it was still in process....idk man lol
isvat has a hotline? or are you referring to the UKVI one?

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:08 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:04 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:

isvat has a hotline? or are you referring to the UKVI one?
my bad the ukvi one

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:25 pm

^ They replied and mine is apparently still showing assigned. :cry:

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:25 pm
did you try to call the ukvi hot line? you should let lse know your course is starting as well! they should be able to help out.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:30 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:28 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
did you try to call the ukvi hot line? you should let lse know your course is starting as well! they should be able to help out.
I called em yesterday and it's already marked by them as highest priority. :( I dunno why my application keeps falling through the cracks..

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:30 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:28 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
I called em yesterday and it's already marked by them as highest priority. :( I dunno why my application keeps falling through the cracks..
let LSE isvat staff know, they have great experience and will advise accordingly.

christinar1087
Newly Registered

Post by christinar1087 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi Mugatiya,

Can you share the email please as i just received an automated mail.Is there any specific format that needs to be sent

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:40 pm

christinar1087 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:37 pm
Hi Mugatiya,

Can you share the email please as i just received an automated mail.Is there any specific format that needs to be sent
email to?