ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Petition To No 10 - TIER 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

@ssoct - I can clearly walk into your shoes, but if you put ur mind at ease, the petition we wrote is clear enough for all of us. Hope you can keep it calm.
ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:The whole letter concetrates on extensions,we should concentrate same on settlements,when writing any letter you should keeping in view the Tier 1 extensions+ ILR,Rightnow nothing clear but rumours that ILR done on old rule if u get ur last extension before april 2011.
We can wait UKBA clarification before filing petitions,we should not be panic,as nothing clearly announced.
What's gordon saying is right.
Last edited by rakeysh.patel on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:16 pm

@Cuberoot -> How do you see the option below?
While physical signature is not required, we can get everyone to send in the respective details, and collect all details, put it in Excel sheet, attach it to Petition and send it off? I think it is more convenient and faster way with more efficiency. I am open to suggestions though :)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:19 pm

Adding on, I have prepared an email address - t1gmigrants@gmail.com -> We can publish news here, on FB and other websites where such migrants communicate. They email the details to us on the above address and we collect it. Suggestions :)

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Dear Raxs what i read i comment on it,so everyone is free to comment,ILR no where even in that Solicitor clarification,its same as its on UKBA.So tell me the link where its written ILR will done on old rule.In petition I feel more concentration is on Extensions not on ILR.You should address everyone concerns not your extensions only.

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 pm

In light of the news from the lawyers and the letter sent to Damian Green, I dont think we need to petition yet.

I think we should wait for more information rather than attempt to make an amateurish petition.

The Number 10 e-petition site has been shutdown and we are unable/unwilling to organise ourselves to send a petition professionally.

user_name

Post by user_name » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi,
just wondering what is the current status of the petition?
Are we waiting for the review comments from somebody?
It would be great if you can advise me what are we the next steps.
One clarification before we filing the petition is : did we get any official statement from UKBA that they won't allow th Tier1 general extension after April 2011?
Many Thanks.

rajaram20

Post by rajaram20 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 am

user_name wrote:Hi,
just wondering what is the current status of the petition?
Are we waiting for the review comments from somebody?
It would be great if you can advise me what are we the next steps.
One clarification before we filing the petition is : did we get any official statement from UKBA that they won't allow th Tier1 general extension after April 2011?
Many Thanks.
No progress made as far as the e-petition is concerned. Actually there is no way to submit e-petition. Only option is emailing soft copies signed by others.

I did write to my local MP regarding Tier 1 extension and he has contacted Theresa May. He will let me know once he got some response from home secretary.

Vinnyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Vinnyboy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:17 am

Hi all Tier 1 (General) friends,

I am new to this forum but obviously in a similar situation. I am currently on Tier 1 (General) but uncertain about extension. I live in Cheshire and if any of you guys need any help please let me know.

I am on the Save Tier 1 community in Facebook as well. Do we have any updates on our petition?

I think we should have a central page or post or thread or whatever maybe in this website where all existing tier 1 (General) migrants could post their email ID and that way any update could be emailed to them. Also if there is a need to gather support in terms of signature or sending emails to PM, MAC, Theresa May or whoever I think having the email ID of the existing migrants in one page or thread will be helpful and quicker.

By the way I don't know if we already have this actually.

Thanks guys.
Vinoy.

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:38 am

Hai All,

As per the latest updates on UKBA site dated 23 dec Leave to remain is still valid and the link is as below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

Part 6A - Points-based system
This is a consolidated version of the current Immigration Rules. All Parliamentary 'Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules' issued since May 2003 are also available.
Last updated: 23/12/10