ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

apple0

Post by apple0 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 am

I'm glad you finally got your documents back, DJMC! But that is appalling service from the UKBA.

sawera22
Newly Registered

Post by sawera22 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:06 pm

thats good news for you DJMC, CONGRATSSSS, but we are still waiting since april2012 :cry:

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:49 pm

afcdon83 wrote:
talktohappiness wrote:
afcdon83 wrote:@rajbiometric

I beg to differ. I did my biometrics at the end of Feb and I got no documents back for 7 weeks. My MP wrote then direct to the Chief Executive at UKBA and I got my documents and new BRP card back within a week.
Hi afcon83 and Hello everyone reading this. For all participants in this thread, I gotta say, YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE HOPE YOU GIVE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE LURKING. THANK YOU :D

For me I lost my BRP a while back and have since applied. I became scared when I didn’t hear anything for almost a whole month (its 27th Sept now). So out of deep frustration I typed questions on the google which led me to this thread. I have been silently reading for a while and I am truly truly grateful for all the replies and comments so far, they have helped me A LOT and am sure they have helped other thousands of lurkers. I just had to join!
My case is that I lost my card abroad in July. To come back to UK, I applied for short term single entry BRP visa abroad.I got single entry BRP visa for August and came back to London on 12th August with this Visa.

My timeline so far:
Date application posted: 13-08-12
Date acknowledgment of application received from UKBA: 16-08-12
Date of letter from UKBA for Biometrics Enrolment: 25-08-12 (it got to my door on 31st though!!)
Biometrics done: 31-08-12
Date of approval: ???
Date of return of passport and other documents: ???
Date BRP received: Waiting ???

I did not know the process took so long and so many things are suffering in my life. I am not sure what to do now and its so frustrating :( and depressing not knowing what to do or how to plan. It is difficult to survive in London without your BRP&Passport:oops:. This thread has helped with my anxiety. Please keep it up and give more information and tips. I will also write my experiences and hope it helps other people too. Gracias
No problem. I was fortunate enough to get it back 2 days before I went on holiday! I wouldn't advise seeking MP help too early though, I would wait around 5 weeks first.
Thanks for the reply and the tips, I found them to be practical and really helpful. I appreciate :D

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Congrats DJMC.:D WOW, almost 5 months.??? But at least you have them back!

I submitted my application on the 13th August, Its 5th October and I still have no reply.

I called the UK border agency and no one picked up. I called my MP and his number is busy.

I am going to keep trying his number for now. However next week, I will write him (MP) citing the provision of section 12 on the form, and ask if he can intervene. I only hesitate to write the UKBA for my documents because of their provision stating that "your application will be treated as withdrawn if your passport is returned for travel abroad before we are able to decide the application."

I think perhaps the MP have some influence, Afcdon83 is right, there is nothing to loose.

Timeline

Date of letter from UKBA for Biometrics Enrolment: 25-08-12 (it got to my door on 31st though!!)
Called UKBA :5th October no response
Called MP: 5th October no response
Letter to MP:

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Got through to my MP. Sent an email with my details. Fingers crossed to get a feedback

Timeline

Called MP: 5th October
Email to MP: 5th October

Goodluck to everyone else

Please update!

sawera22
Newly Registered

Post by sawera22 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:53 pm

please share your experience if theres any1 who applied for TOC application and done biomatric and waited for more than six months?

kushal18
Newly Registered

Post by kushal18 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:36 pm

I also had my Biometric done on August 6, still waiting.

Emailed my MP, he emailed the Home Office but he hasnt heard anything yet.

What a shambles!

Return2Oz
Newly Registered

Still waiting...

Post by Return2Oz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 am

I applied for a replacement BRP in July, still waiting for my documents to be returned. Timeline as follows...

12 July - sent application to UKBA
26 July - received letter from UKBA, acknowledging receipt of my application
31 July - received letter from UKBA, inviting me to submit my biometric details
7 August - biometric details submitted

It has been 9 weeks since I submitted my biometrics, and still no documents received. I sent in a letter of complaint via email on 26 September as well, although I'm not sure if that will help/hinder my application...

Starting to wonder if I'll get my permit back before my visa ends next year...

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting...

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Return2Oz wrote:I applied for a replacement BRP in July, still waiting for my documents to be returned. Timeline as follows...

It has been 9 weeks since I submitted my biometrics, and still no documents received. I sent in a letter of complaint via email on 26 September as well, although I'm not sure if that will help/hinder my application...

gosh

9 weeks is so long, even if we consider that you did the biometrics in August 7th, and count from there, its still so long. what on earth is happening? So many of us suffering in silence. please what did you do next?
Last edited by talktohappiness on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:06 pm

MP case worker finally got back to me, told me to write a mail to BRP which I did and got back to her.

Then she told me they have emailed UKBA and have also sent me a copy of the letter and that i will get it early next week. I thanked her.

Still no word, I am about to loose a job and there is nothing I can do about it.

I submitted August 12, today is Oct 12. I literally dont know what to do next.

Should I ask for my passport back? anyone done that?

please update....

kushal18
Newly Registered

Post by kushal18 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:16 pm

kushal18 wrote:I also had my Biometric done on August 6, still waiting.

Emailed my MP, he emailed the Home Office but he hasnt heard anything yet.

What a shambles!
Some good news at last!

My MP emailed me back yesterday saying he spoke to the Home Office and they have now sent the Passport back via Recorded Delivery. Got the Passport this morning along with a letter stating that the BRP card should follow shortly.

It indeed appears like MPs can speed up the process.

GreatOsborne
Newly Registered

I believe in miracles!

Post by GreatOsborne » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:44 pm

God is indeed faithful. He has never failed me and can never fail.

Date of Application: 31st July, 2012
Acknowlegement letter: Received 6th August, 2012
BRP emrolment letter: Received 7th August, 2012 (with mistake in surname)
Called Home office on 9th August notifying the mistake they made in BRP letter
Another BRP enrolment letter with correct surname: Received 18th August, 2012
Biometrics enrolled: 20th August, 2012
Passport and other documents recieved: 8th October, 2012
BRP received: 9th October, 2012

It pays to trust and have faith in Jesus. He is the greatest and fastest interverner and the only one that can influence and facilitate your desires. At the end of September, I started to get worried and decided I would withdraw my application. I sort advise on this forum on the cosequences of requesting my documents back. As I wasn't very clear of the consequences, I prayed and decided to give them until middle of October to damn all the consequences and call for my documents as I would need to travel then. But my God is a God that answers right on time. Join me to thank Jesus, my extraordinary strategist at all times. He can influence all applications and intervene even in the most difficult circumstances. Praise Jesus!!!!! He lives forever!!!.

For all those still awaiting their documents. I understand all your anxieties and I pray that my God will intervene in your situations as he has done for me. It will only take your believeing and having faith in Him. I wish you all all the best and speedy processing in Jesus name! Amen.

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:06 pm

So happy for you Kushal18 and GreatOsborne for updating us here. Your stories are so inspiring. You give me hope. Been so down all day. Please still update!!

Jing
Newly Registered

Post by Jing » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Hey guys I just came back from holiday and was lucky to get my visa back just a few days before my flight. In total I waited 3 months and a half from the date I made my application.

Just a little information to share with you, I submitted a request to Freedom of Information in July and now they replied in October, it said till 2 Oct, there were still 41 cases submitted in May pending, and some of them were not allocated to a caseworker yet.

The address you can go to have a detailed look is
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/b ... it_repla_4

Hope you can all get it back soon!

apple2710
Newly Registered

Post by apple2710 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 am

Application submitted on 06 August, acknowledgement letter received and dated 09 august, biometric letter received on 05 October (dated 02 October), biometrics done on 05 October, documents- waiting...

Return2Oz
Newly Registered

Post by Return2Oz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 pm

talktohappiness wrote:
Return2Oz wrote:I applied for a replacement BRP in July, still waiting for my documents to be returned. Timeline as follows...

gosh

9 weeks is so long, even if we consider that you did the biometrics in August 7th, and count from there, its still so long. what on earth is happening? So many of us suffering in silence. please what did you do next?
I finally got my passport back on 13 October, 3 months after I originally submitted the application. Was advised that the replacement BRP would be posted to me within the next few days.

I'm not sure if sending the letter of complaint helped, but at least I know they didn't forget about my application!

Hope you all get your documents back soon.

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 am

Return2Oz wrote:
talktohappiness wrote:

gosh

I finally got my passport back on 13 October, 3 months after I originally submitted the application. Was advised that the replacement BRP would be posted to me within the next few days.

I'm not sure if sending the letter of complaint helped, but at least I know they didn't forget about my application!

Thanks for the reply Return2oz and congrats on receiving your passport too,
I am afraid there has been no news yet from my end. Its so frustrating I have called the UKBA phone number and no one even picks up, just their voiceprompts then it hangs up abruptly.

Thinking off asking for my passport now.

Timeline

MP mail to homeoffice: 12th October

Today is 18th October. I submitted August 13th, its now over 3months

Please update!

joy_kavee

Query on Lost BRP

Post by joy_kavee » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Am a bit confused after reading some posts about Lost /Replacement BRP, hopefully someone would be able to help.

I notified UKBA on 1st of October via e-mail that i have lost my BRP. I received an e-mail back confirming that the BRP has been cancelled. After 4 days,(4th October 2012)(morning) i got a letter in the post : saying that I have notified UKBA to cancel
my BRP, an application form was also sent to me.

However, i had already posted an application form on 1st October 2012( late in the afternoon).

Since then, i have not received any letter ( as some of you have referred to an acknowledgement letter) .
Q: Do you get a letter first when you e-mail UKBA to report loss of your BRP?

Q: Do you received a second ' acknowledgement letter' when a case worker gets your paper application form?

Q: When is the fees deducted? It's been around 15 days now since UKBA has received my paper application but the fees has not been deducted yet? is this normal?

Q : When is the fees deducted? ( I submited my debit card details) .

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Jing wrote:Hey guys I just came back from holiday and was lucky to get my visa back just a few days before my flight. In total I waited 3 months and a half from the date I made my application.

Just a little information to share with you, I submitted a request to Freedom of Information in July and now they replied in October, it said till 2 Oct, there were still 41 cases submitted in May pending, and some of them were not allocated to a caseworker yet.

The address you can go to have a detailed look is
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/b ... it_repla_4

Hope you can all get it back soon!
Congrats on this! Yes 3 month seem to be the average.

thanks also on the freedom of information update. May applications still pending?
:shock: Then again I did some research and indeed it appears as if there is a very huge issue with backlog of application as well as staff shortage in the UKBA. This has greatly affected their performance level. I am very surprised it has not been picked up by the media.

Please do you have any idea about what happens when you request for your passport? I dont know what else to do now.

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 pm

apple2710 wrote:Application submitted on 06 August, acknowledgement letter received and dated 09 august, biometric letter received on 05 October (dated 02 October), biometrics done on 05 October, documents- waiting...
9th August to October 2nd? I dont understand this system. I hope this means you will receive your documents faster, considering the time alreadt spent.

Please Did you ever try to call them? has anyone actually successfully placed a call and spoken to a human being? I have spent so much money yet it just goes to the automated responses then rings then cut off. No feedback, nothing

please reply

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:29 pm

JulieB wrote:
Greenie wrote:Your posts are a bit unclear. What happened between January and may? Have you had an application refused or declared invalid?
Okay, sorry about that. I'm a bit emotional when I post. I'll update a time line.

February: Reported BRP card stolen (it wasn't until then that I could get through on their phone line, only to be told to email)

April: Send application for BRP (RC) (were were moving in Feb/March, and I wasn't about to send an application until we had secured a new address)

11 May: Get rejection dated 8 May (rejected for something wrong with photo)

12 May: Send new application with new photos

23 May: Receive letter dated 17 May stating that I need to immediately send a new application and enroll my biometrics within 17 days (not to just make a biometrics appt but to actually enroll them), so I write a letter saying that I just sent my new application on 12 May, then I book a biometrics appointment for 28 May

28 May: Receive letter of acknowledgement for application sent 12 May; I also attended biometrics appointment. I asked about if my application was being processed, and the woman doing the biometrics told me, "If there wasn't a valid application on file, I wouldn't have been able to take and send your biometrics. So you must have a valid application on file." That's all she could tell me. Fair enough.

6 Aug: 10 weeks after that, I receive a letter dated 1 Aug telling me that I have 15 days to enroll my biometrics (not to make an appointment but to actually enroll). I email my MP (I've been in contact with them, but they haven't been able to do anything besides get me a letter off the UKBA saying that I do have the right to work, although that has not been helpful)

7 Aug: Receive email forwarded from MP originally from their UKBA contact claiming that my biometrics on 28 May were for my application that was rejected. They worded the letter in such a way as to make it sound like I booked a biometrics appointment before they rejected my application, but that is not so.

I made that appointment TWO WEEKS after they had rejected my application and as per their orders as detailed above.

They also wrote that I have a biometrics appointment on Aug 23, but no one has told me about this, and they failed to tell me a time/location, so I am extra confused. And angry. Confangry.
Hello Julie. I have been following your updates as I feel the same frustration with regard to work and family and travelling. But I noticed you stopped posting. Please I hope you have received your BRP now? Did you do anything that worked for you? Please reply.
JulieB wrote:Anyone else having more trouble than usual calling the UKBA? I tried calling them 4 times on their public line, and they automatically redirect my call to something that I did not ask for. Once they redirected me to the documents return service, and twice they redirected me to the applications request line (which says, "Our office is now closed," then reads office hours... which it when I am calling even though I didn't want their office). One of the calls just hung up on me!

I called the (+44) 08706067766 number, selected option 4 (general questions), then option 2 (outstanding applications). What is this?! Why would I be redirected like this?
Same here, and that indeed is the number. I make the call, it just goes to the automated responses including the whole 'calls will be monitored' then rings then cut off. All this at premium rate. The last contact I had with the UKBA was their letter to go to the post office for biometrics. I only want to have an idea of whats going on. August 31st till 19th October and I cant even speak to anyone? :?: Why are there call centers then?
If I had to use my experience to speak with potential BRP (RC) applicants, I would advise them to allow for 6 months before getting worried.. Its ridiculous to wait half a year, but now seems realistic.

Please I hope you have received your BRP now? Did you do anything that worked for you? Please reply. :? :oops:

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Re: Query on Lost BRP

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:29 pm

joy_kavee wrote:Am a bit confused after reading some posts about Lost /Replacement BRP, hopefully someone would be able to help.

I notified UKBA on 1st of October via e-mail that i have lost my BRP. I received an e-mail back confirming that the BRP has been cancelled. After 4 days,(4th October 2012)(morning) i got a letter in the post : saying that I have notified UKBA to cancel
my BRP, an application form was also sent to me.

However, i had already posted an application form on 1st October 2012( late in the afternoon).

Since then, i have not received any letter ( as some of you have referred to an acknowledgement letter) .

Q: Do you received a second ' acknowledgement letter' when a case worker gets your paper application form?

Q: When is the fees deducted? It's been around 15 days now since UKBA has received my paper application but the fees has not been deducted yet? is this normal?

Q : When is the fees deducted? ( I submited my debit card details)
Hello joy_kavee, my case is slightly different as mine was lost abroad, I will see how best I can respond to your question.

It may be different if the card was lost in the UK. My card was lost abroad. I emailed the UKBA and they cancelled it. I then had to apply for an entry visa back to the UK, to enable me apply for a brp (Rc) in. I downloaded the application form from their website. Sent a postal application and received an acknowledgement letter.

The only acknowledment letter I received was sent three days after I submitted my application form.

When is the fees deducted? It's been around 15 days now since UKBA has received my paper application but the fees has not been deducted yet? is this normal?

My fees was the first thing that was deducted (as usual in my experience) But please read through all the pages of this thread, I think I read a similar complaint by Apple o and its progression, its here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=60

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Still waiting...

Post by talktohappiness » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:35 pm

talktohappiness wrote:
Return2Oz wrote:
talktohappiness wrote:

gosh

Thanks for the reply Return2oz and congrats on receiving your passport too,
I am afraid there has been no news yet from my end. Its so frustrating I have called the UKBA phone number and no one even picks up, just their voiceprompts then it hangs up abruptly.

Thinking off asking for my passport now.

Timeline

MP mail to homeoffice: 12th October

Today is 18th October. I submitted August 13th, its now over 3months
TYPO, 2 MONTHS

Please update!
:(

Update:

My M.P Case worker says it can take up to 21 working days to get a response from the UKBA. I asked if she can call the MP direct line to UKBA but she suggested that a formal letter carries more weight than a call as the UKBA will have to acknowledge receipt. I guess it makes sense.

Another thing, has anyone actually successfully placed a call and spoken to anyone recently?

Please has anyone received their documents? If yes please do you receive it in the early mornings or late in the evenings? I know it has to be signed for and all.:(

Finally has anyone ever applied to get their passports back?

This is frustrating not knowing what to do. I am at a high risk of loosing my job now.
August 13th to October 19th for a replacement card?:shock:

Anyway sorry for carrying on, Goodluck to everyone too, please please update :)

apple0

Post by apple0 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:18 am

Joy - you should get an acknowledgement letter in the post after submitting your application and then after that a biometrics letter. The email about the cancellation of your lost BRP is separate. They seem to make the fee charge within a couple of days of sending the ackowledgement letter and it seems that letter is sent anytime from a few days to a month after applying.

TTH - I applied about a 1.5 months before you and since biometrics have also heard nothing. They do not seem to process applications in order fron when they are received or even from when biometrics are done, though.

talktohappiness
Newly Registered

Post by talktohappiness » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:20 am

thank you apple0. Indeed I gave my biometrics on August 31st. I guess we have no choice but to wait.

Anybody with an update???