ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jcr
Newly Registered

Post by jcr » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Well, they told me that my application was in the final stages two and half weeks ago, and still nothing...

Yesterday they said my app was with a Snr Manager, and that stamping was just a matter of days... Does that mean she knew it had been approved already??? No idea!!!!

I applied on 28th April...

so...nothing today either, and waiting... waiting...waiting... urgghh!!

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:06 pm

jcr i rang them on monday and i was told something similar. i was told that a decision was taken on friday by CW and now its with a senior manager and once he has decided, if approved, it will go for stamping. so dont know. i m hoping to receive it by saturday

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:06 pm

hi jcr,

do you think yours is stuck in the stamping queue. Because earlier on there was a case discussed in this forum where the approval date was around may 21st or some thing, but got the passports only last week.

jcr
Newly Registered

Post by jcr » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:12 pm

I have no clue... it's so hard to know, and we can only speculate...

It's hard to understand how some applications are ready in 20 days, and other in double that or more...

Mine is supposed to be straight forward application...

Anyhow, will update if anything happens!

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:14 pm

How long ur application with HO doesn't matter. What matters is how long has been spent after it is with caseworker.

If documents are insufficient/invalid, then the caseworker will reject it straightaway and your docs will be returned immediately.

What I guess is

If the caseworker is taking too much longer on ur case than usual, then it may be some additional verification of ur documents is being done. In this case, u'll get ur case approved eventually provided ur documents are not fraud. If ur case is taking a day or 2 longer than usual, that may have something to do with the efficiency of the caseworker.

ajay.jarkani wrote:Hello Guys,
Isnt this true, that if an application is meant to be rejected we hear of them sooner? Is there any1 who's application was rejected after being with the HO for more than 6-7 weeks?

aamirmalik

urgent plz

Post by aamirmalik » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:23 pm

can anybody comment plz

leme explain wat i submited again...

i came here in january 2005 as a student and was working in pakistan before that. I submitted 12 moth salary slips from january04 to december 04. tax year in pakistan is june to july therefore submitted tax return from july03 to june04. it is covering only 6months jan04 to june04. for the rest of the months i have submitted tax challans for each months with official tax stamp from authority. these challans for each month shows the total gross salary and total tax deducted for each month.

kmore i can try to arrange a bank statment but it will take some time. my case might be allocated in one week time.
i have submitted explaination about the tax and salary for 12 months in excel sheet for caseworker's understanding. i understand it is a bit complexed but not very difficult for him to understand if he check it carefully and read my explaination in excel prinout...wat do u suggest kmore??? please comment

aamirmalik

Re: please reply

Post by aamirmalik » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:24 pm

discussion background
aamirmalik wrote:leme explain wat i submited again...

i came here in january 2005 as a student and was working in pakistan before that. I submitted 12 moth salary slips from january04 to december 04. tax year in pakistan is june to july therefore submitted tax return from july03 to june04. it is covering only 6months jan04 to june04. for the rest of the months i have submitted tax challans for each months with official tax stamp from authority. these challans for each month shows the total gross salary and total tax deducted for each month.

kmore i can try to arrange a bank statment but it will take some time. my case might be allocated in one week time.
i have submitted explaination about the tax and salary for 12 months in excel sheet for caseworker's understanding. i understand it is a bit complexed but not very difficult for him to understand if he check it carefully and read my explaination in excel prinout...wat do u suggest kmore??? please comment

kmore97 wrote:Can't you request ur bank for old statements? Which bank did u have account? Banks generally give old statement - there may be some charges involved.

If you have any relative/friend in Pakistan who can get those quickly and send you, then you can pass those tho HO before a decision is made.

aamirmalik wrote:dear lokesh. i dont have my bank statments with me as im in the country for the last 3 years. i only had payslips and tax document. Tax documents are the official documents generated by the tax authorities. sushdmehta
it is not 1 document infact 1 tax return covering 6 months and 6 tax challans with tax offcial stamp confirming tax deducted for each month.

sushdmehta all the documents cover the period from jan04 to dec04.
im realy worried now..my case might be refused :(

lokesh wrote:
Hi Aamirmalik
Yes you can provide tax documents as long as it exactly matches claim period...& to sucessfully claim points in earning section u need to provide 2 different source of documents..so if ur salaried employee u can provide either ur payslips with or without tax document + bank statement covering the claim period....but not payslips + tax document as both are considered from same source.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: please reply

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:34 pm

The responses from kmore97, vipul1981 and others should have made it clear(er) to you as to why your tax documents will not be considered as independent evidence.
Please note that whilst tax documents are included in the list of acceptable documentation, they will rarely be of use. This is because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period and will therefore not show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they exactly mirror the period claimed. Applicants should therefore be cautious about using such documentation unless they are satisfied that that it details the exact amount of earnings for which they are claiming points.
1. Tax challans are not accepted, and defintely not without a supporting letter from IT office that confirms your income and tax for the exact same period that you are claiming points for.
2. A single tax document which "exactly mirrors" the income period being claimed can only be used. So a tax document is of no use unless you are claiming points for income earned during the same 12 months as your income tax assement year (july-june, or whatever it is).

regards
aamirmalik wrote:dear lokesh. i dont have my bank statments with me as im in the country for the last 3 years. i only had payslips and tax document. Tax documents are the official documents generated by the tax authorities. sushdmehta
it is not 1 document infact 1 tax return covering 6 months and 6 tax challans with tax offcial stamp confirming tax deducted for each month.

sushdmehta all the documents cover the period from jan04 to dec04.
im realy worried now..my case might be refused :(
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmore97

Re: urgent plz

Post by kmore97 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:45 pm

Aamir,
As I explained in my previous post, if CW is able to derive ur jan04-Dec04 figures from ur tax documents - u r safe.

I understand ur tax challan point. CW will be able to derive ur earning for jul04 to dec04. What about Jul03 - Jun04 tax return document? Is it extensive enuf for caseworker to find out ur earning from jan04 to jun04?
aamirmalik wrote:can anybody comment plz

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:51 pm

kmore97 wrote:Aamir,
As I explained in my previous post, if CW is able to derive ur jan04-Dec04 figures from ur tax documents - u r safe. I understand ur tax challan point. CW will be able to derive ur earning for jul04 to dec04. What about Jul03 - Jun04 tax return document? Is it extensive enuf for caseworker to find out ur earning from jan04 to jun04?
You are assuming here that the caseworker will do all these calculations on behalf of the applicant, when it is the *applicant's responsibility* to provide precise and concise documentary evidence as mentioned in the policy guidance.

If CWs take such tasks upon themselves, the turn around time will increase from 10 weeks to 52 weeks. :lol:

Aamirmalik, you will be very lucky if your case gets approved on basis of this evidence.

regards

soni123
Newly Registered

Post by soni123 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi, all I got it :D

I have called to HO and one guy told me that I have been granted
but my document is with my agent and he is out of city now so dont know the proper date . anyways finally I got it.
I will update when I will get my document back.

Application : 17 April
Payment : 18 April
Refrence no: 21 April
recevied Document: 6th June ( with agent nd he is out of city)
Decession: Approved :D

This forum has been really helpful to me , All the guys who waiting , Best of luck to them for their result.

Thanks again to this Forum site.
:D

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:59 pm

congratulations soni

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:02 pm

hello

just spoke to HO and was told that

THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THE APPLICATION AS LATE AS YESTERDAY

and he said that it might have been sent out, so he checked the tracking number and told me that its not been sent yet. when i asked him if should expect it by sat, he gave me above reply.

if i assume that this guy and the previous guy were saying the truth, i would assume that yesterday it was signed off by the senior manager, and shud be in que for stamping. i hope so. so i should receive docs by end of this week or early next week

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:09 pm

well kmore i believe you people are right. my case might be refused. your point is valid in this case. the tax return from july03 to june 04 gives total money earned during last 7 months but then i have given full detail in excel sheet
like gross salary in tax return july03 to june04 was Rs 702,000

in excel i have given all detail
year gross income tax deducted
july 03 RS 55,000 tax fig here#
aug 03 RS 55,000 #
sept03 RS 55,000 #
oct 03 RS 55,000 #
nov 03 RS 55,000 #
dec 03 RS 55,000 #
payrise
jan 04 RS 62,000 #
feb 04 RS 62,000 #
mar04 RS 62,000 #
apr 04 RS 62,000 #
may04 RS 62,000 #
jun 04 RS 62,000

total Rs 702,000

and explaination for rest of the 6 months exactly like this has been submitted along with documents.

Kmore and sushdmehta thank you realy for your replies....great help

im worried...if i get refused then ill arrange bank statments...but for now i will wait lets see. may be i get approval...but i believe chances r less as susdmehta assessment seems to be right

thanks u
As I explained in my previous post, if CW is able to derive ur jan04-Dec04 figures from ur tax documents - u r safe.

I understand ur tax challan point. CW will be able to derive ur earning for jul04 to dec04. What about Jul03 - Jun04 tax return document? Is it extensive enuf for caseworker to find out ur earning from jan04 to jun04?

tsp

Post by tsp » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 pm

Just Called HO and the lady said, they are working on application received on 8th May. Mine was received on 6th May. But she refused to say any status. dont know, what is going on....
vipul1981 wrote:hello

just spoke to HO and was told that

THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THE APPLICATION AS LATE AS YESTERDAY

and he said that it might have been sent out, so he checked the tracking number and told me that its not been sent yet. when i asked him if should expect it by sat, he gave me above reply.

if i assume that this guy and the previous guy were saying the truth, i would assume that yesterday it was signed off by the senior manager, and shud be in que for stamping. i hope so. so i should receive docs by end of this week or early next week

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:17 pm

so does it mean that rest have been sent for stamping/post?

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:18 pm

So the monthwise, break-up is totally ur declaration. Ur tax document doesn't indicate that. So as sushdmehta indicated, u'll consider urself lucky if approval comes.

As it's already too late to arrange bank statements - then probably you have no option but rely on ur luck and wait.

Please keep posted after u hear something from HO. Best of luck, meanwhile!

aamirmalik wrote:well kmore i believe you people are right. my case might be refused. your point is valid in this case. the tax return from july03 to june 04 gives total money earned during last 7 months but then i have given full detail in excel sheet
like gross salary in tax return july03 to june04 was Rs 702,000

in excel i have given all detail
year gross income tax deducted
july 03 RS 55,000 tax fig here#
aug 03 RS 55,000 #
sept03 RS 55,000 #
oct 03 RS 55,000 #
nov 03 RS 55,000 #
dec 03 RS 55,000 #
payrise
jan 04 RS 62,000 #
feb 04 RS 62,000 #
mar04 RS 62,000 #
apr 04 RS 62,000 #
may04 RS 62,000 #
jun 04 RS 62,000

total Rs 702,000

and explaination for rest of the 6 months exactly like this has been submitted along with documents.

Kmore and sushdmehta thank you realy for your replies....great help

im worried...if i get refused then ill arrange bank statments...but for now i will wait lets see. may be i get approval...but i believe chances r less as susdmehta assessment seems to be right

thanks u

tsp

Post by tsp » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:20 pm

vipul1981 wrote:so does it mean that rest have been sent for stamping/post?
I sent just for FLR with HSMP approval Letter. Dont know, why it is getting delayed. Yesterday I had called up and that guy said my application is not yet despatched.

then what are they doing, GOD only knows

tsp

Post by tsp » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:23 pm

On what basis they have incresed the service standard to 10 weeks and who has suggested this,

sunivi
Newly Registered

At Last Approved

Post by sunivi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Hi Guys, :D

I was watching this forum on daily basis as applied for Tier-1 - Just to inform you guys My application got Approved and thedetails are:
1. Application File: 30th April
2. Application Recived by Ho: 1st May
3. Approval Date: 3rd June
4. Document Recieved: 11th June

Thanks Guys, TPS, Vipul and all for your valuable addition to this forum.

Thanks for all the information.

Regards,
Sunivi

chakde23

Re: At Last Approved

Post by chakde23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:59 pm

congrats sunivi,

was your case WP- tier 1 ?

3rd June - is it the date on your approval letter ?

when was visa stamped ?
sunivi wrote:Hi Guys, :D

I was watching this forum on daily basis as applied for Tier-1 - Just to inform you guys My application got Approved and thedetails are:

Regards,
Sunivi

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:09 pm

congrats and can u pls answer the bove questions

tsp

Re: At Last Approved

Post by tsp » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Great.. By the way, it was a long wait for you, waiting time is killing us.. moreover they dont have any kind of tracking system as well.
sunivi wrote:Hi Guys, :D

Regards,
Sunivi

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Called by the HO hoping that the evening omen is good. But this time a less helpful lady told me the same 10 week story. vipul, how do you manage to get them talking?

-H

at_ja
India

Post by at_ja » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Looks like only vipul is able to get hold of customer contact to find out the status.i also tried couple of times but always 10 weeks story (:-