ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Hi

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:57 pm

mrsabih wrote:FLRM submitted 19th october 2012
Ack letter received 1st november 2012
Biometric letter sent out as per ukba 27th december
Welcome to the club and thank you for sharing your timeline. I've updated your details on SkyDrive. Feel free to update the spread sheet once you submit your biometrics.

To Edit the SkyDrive

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

crowline

Post by crowline » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:04 pm

daiyan.suraya wrote:hi rowline congrats what a present you got .. :)
can u tell your time line please? it would realy help.
did they ask you for any additional docs?
no they didnt ask for additional docs. applied 10th april, biometric enrolment 26th april, passport back 27th dec

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 pm

i will update thanx for ur welcome
Do good and get reward

ShazIslam
Newly Registered

Post by ShazIslam » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:18 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this forum since one month now, so I thought of putting my timeline too.

Married on the 20th Of June 2012
Applied for FLR(M): 4th July 2012
Biometrics on: 6th September 2012
Address Change on: 25th September 2012
Address Change again on : 11th November 2012
Changed from : Tier 4 General Student

No news since then :cry: . I contacted the UKBA about my two address changes, they said as long as I have updated them online, it should be fine.

My dad will have a major surgery on the 6th of January and I really need to go and see him :cry: , I just hope they speed up with our applications after the new year.

backagain

Re: Merry xmas

Post by backagain » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 am

crowline wrote:just got home to a royal mail "something for you" slip.
got it! finally!! after 8months of uncertainity i've been taken outa my misery. thanks y'all for support. did my biometrics on 26th april b.t.w. i'll stick around forum for another week incase anyone got question
Congrats Crowline! Getting very excited as you are another April applicant. Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

ILRsetO123
Newly Registered

FLR(M)timelines .. 9 months and counting.........

Post by ILRsetO123 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:40 pm

1. Applied for FLR(M) switch from Tier 1 partner on March 30 2012 along wiht ILR for my husband
2. Acknowledgement dated 10 April 2012
3. Biometrics letter received dated April 14th
4. Biometrics done 20th April
5. ILR granted for husband on Sep 13th
6. Contacte UKBA on october 1st week after completing 6 months -- REquested to call after 13th March 2013
7. Contacte MP - mid of October
8. Response recieved to MP stating address is incorrect and contact UKBA- mid of November 2012
9. Contacted UKBA via phone who informed address is correct.
10. Solicitor emailed UKBA for reason for delay - mid of November 2012
11. MP mailed UKBA asking the reason for providing incorrect information
12. Response received from UKBA to solicitor stating that applicaiton cannot be expedited just because we have to attend a marriage in a different country.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEVER TOLD THEM ABOUT ATTENDING ANY MARRIAGE, but just asked for reason for delay -- End of November 2012
13. Response received from UKBA to MP with Apologies for sending incorrect information. They also stated the application is in queue....... mid of December 2012
14. UKBA letter recieved on 22nd of December asking to resubmit spouse's ILR which they had issued under the same reference number as that of mine. Along with recent payslips, bank statements, House rent agreement, COHABITATION proof.. All these were provided in MArch but they did not open application for 9 months and now they want recent documents
15. Requested documents submitted via post on 27th of December
16. <<<<<<<<<<WAIT CONTINUES>>>>>>>>

It has been one hell of an experience.. Dont know what else is remaining!!!!!!!!!!

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm so jealous of all of you who already got their visas.. :cry: I got another call for a job opportunity and I have to turn it down again as I still don't have my visa. I called UKBA again and still they say that my application still has a pending decision status. :evil:

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 pm

so far I know they are now processing april applicants. In this forum recently who got their visas they gave their biometrics in april. They are doing it in biometrics order. :)

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:34 pm

so whitequeen I hope u dont have to wait any long.. :)

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

FLRM Spouse visa

Post by bernardlim86 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:08 am

Hi all,

just want to share my timeline

Application submitted: 8 October 2012
Acknowledgement Letter: 22 October 2012
Money taken: Early November
Biometric Letter Dated: 19 December 2012
Biometric Letter Received: 21 December 2012
Biometric Enrolled (Abbey Wood PO): 22 December 2012
BRP and Passport awaiting return: Waiting........

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all,

Bernard

backagain

Post by backagain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:04 am

Post arrived today. The package of documents received had a letter dated 21 December 2012 that states:

'A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) will be sent to you under a separate cover.

Finally, at one week short of nine months I received my docs back. April and May....your wait is almost over. Everybody else, it seems the process is moving as it should. Keep your heart right and your expectation on the horizon. The process is painful, but there is an end.

BRP Received: approx. 7 days

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:04 pm

Backagain im really chuff for u.ive been following your posts and finally u received your documents Congrats. :).... For me the wait stills goes on

Date application sent-5 october 2012
Ukba receives it-8 october 2012
Aknowledgement letter receives-26th october (dated 23rd october)
Biometric enrollment letter -still waiting

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Hi

Post by mrsabih » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi guyz first of all congrats backagain
And here is my updates

Flrm submitted 19th october 2012
Ack letter received 1st november 2012
Bio letter received 29th december 2012
Going to submit bio 31st december 2012

Thanx to Allah (God) 😊

I involve my mp to speed up my case and it works
Do good and get reward

backagain

Post by backagain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:59 pm

mrsabih wrote:I involve my mp to speed up my case and it works
Thank you mrsabih. Please allow me to disagree with your observation about MP involvement. You can look back over my previous posts to see all I've done to even get somebody to look at my application. Three letters from our MP to the Chief Executive at UKBA did nothing to move our process along. While our taking various actions may give us a sense of engagement, any action that seem to evoke a response is purely coincidental.

The UKBA process is a process. There are some aspects of that process that seem to jump around, but no amount of letter writing, flanking strategies, or complaining will change that process. Since I hit my six month mark I've tried everything short of going to the media. At this point, we are simply pleased to see that UKBA seems to be now dealing with applications in order of biometrics received.

By processing applications in order, those that wait can build an expectation of where their application sits in the queue. At other times, there was no rhyme or reason to the processing order which caused confusion and (to the extreme) fear among forum members. Structured processing gives members a sense of order and something that offers stability in this topsy-turvy waiting process.

To borrow a phrase from your orientation, the best advice in regard to this process may simply be "Inshallah."

backagain

Post by backagain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:30 pm

sanny26 wrote:Backagain im really chuff for u.ive been following your posts and finally u received your documents Congrats. :).... For me the wait stills goes on
Thank you sanny26. A massive wave of applications came in before July. Hopefully with that bulk of applications soon out of the way, the process will move more quickly. I wouldn't expect that latter applicants will have to wait nearly as long as Q1-Q2 applicants had to. Just because our's took nearly nine months, doesn't mean that is a standard for your application. The UKBA is mandated by the HASC to clear up that backlog in an expeditious and balanced way. Hope for better than what we experienced.

backagain

Post by backagain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 pm

If I may offer another insight. We discovered that one of the reasons the process out of Sheffield is so slow is due to the 100% biometric enrollment of Tier 4 students converting to FLR(M). Sheffield handles the Tier 4 student visas to FLR(M) aka Temporary Migration Team 22. Even if you are a fiance/fiancee to FLR(M) you are lumped with the student group for processing if your application was mailed to Sheffield.

The reason why those of you had to wait forever for a biometrics appointment letter is due to the UKBA change that nearly all visas now require biometrics. The system is simply overloaded. It has nothing to do with you personally. There is a massive demand on a poorly designed infrastructure.

Hope this helps.

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:17 pm

congrats backagain. you wish became true.. so happy for ya. :D

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Hi

Post by mrsabih » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:41 pm

I agree with you backagain
But let me explain you what i did overall
After sending my application by post i start searching that how long it will take to finalise and i found lots of forumz and people who are waiting more than 6 months so i sit back and prepare my mind to waite 6 months but after submitting my application after 1 month i got terminated my employement and my employer said that ukba is not confirming anything about my right to work and they gave me termination letter and mention clearly that just because of ukba we are terminating you.
After this i was very shocked and become very angry too
So what i did i prepare a big letter explaining my situation and i mention that as per rules i am able to work untill my outstanding my application will finalize but ukba is not confirming my status or right to work so i send that letter with attach my termination letter to ukba compalint hub lunar house and i also send this to ukba complaint email and i also send one copy to shefield where we send our flrm form and my local mp too.
After 3 days i got reply from my mp that she wrote to miss jill smith head of immigration lunar house and she explain as per her understanding i am able to work and she demand clearification aswell from ukba regarding this
Afterthat i received letter from ukba that they will reply me by 4 jan 2013 about my complaint and before i received my bio letter

As per my understanding the people who submit thier cases on july because of olympics and back log lots of people will stuck
But if you complain and involve ur mp and your mp will right to proper person so it will work
I dont think so mp needs to send letter to chief of ukba etc etc
If they ask to department head or some senior authority it will work
For me its work
Because one of my friend submit his case before me and he received his bio letter after 3 months and if i waited normal aswell so i will receive my letter within 3 months aswell but because of my job termination and all of this it work for me and deffinately prayers matters aswell
Thanx to Allah
Do good and get reward

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:01 pm

I totally agree with Sabih, after all when would we need a service from our MP's. I doubt if we gonna write to them ever after.

I personally had to face such a situation in wife's case and I acted too quick so she got a confirmation from UKBA that she's entitled to work. Other wise the employers are too peculiar (mostly dumb) in this regards.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

backagain

Post by backagain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:18 pm

mrsabih wrote:.... but because of my job termination and all of this it work for me and deffinately prayers matters as well Thanx to Allah
Not even going to begin to attempt to dispute your argument Sabih. Let's just say what worked for you will not work for everybody. That is simply an undeniable fact.

There are ample scenarios illustrated here that prove there are exception to rules. That you are probably converting from a visa that allowed you to work and other extenuating conditions, the UKBA applied a scenario of compassionate grounds. Generally speaking and by procedural guidelines, a case is not typically advanced without compassionate grounds.

Please forgive my straightforwardness as I truly can appreciate your religious dedication. However, your prayers don't work any better than the scores of others that have prayed or not, yet nothing happened. Please don't ascribe movement of the UKBA to a religious orientation as it is not helpful.

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Hi

Post by mrsabih » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Sorry backagain totally disagreed

In any religion Prayers will work for every matter in life ukba and all other things are working in this world because of God and Prayers

And leave it we are not discussing here anout religion and prayers

And all other members my Prayers are with you

😉
Do good and get reward

backagain

Post by backagain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:36 pm

mrsabih wrote:Sorry backagain totally disagreed. In any religion Prayers will work for every matter in life ukba and all other things are working in this world because of God and Prayers. And leave it we are not discussing here anout religion and prayers. And all other members my Prayers are with you
I plead with you. If you want to promote religion, do so on a different forum. Please. It doesn't help here.

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Hi

Post by mrsabih » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:37 pm

And one more thing to soeed up the process of case it depends how you request and how you planned
Hope people understand what i mean
Do good and get reward

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Hi

Post by mrsabih » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Listen dont u see what i write we are not disvussing religion here and u dont have right to say anything about any religion

Hope all other members are agreed and once again in my posts its not shows that i am promoting religion here

And i request administrator of this forum please clarify this that who is wrong here
Do good and get reward

ID29

Post by ID29 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Can we just be clear about something here because it could lead others into false hope.

The ONLY reason the UKBA will advance or speed-up an application is on strictly compassionate or emergency travel grounds. Even MPs have received letters from senior BA staff telling them this when they've made enquiries on behalf of their constituents.

By all means contact your respective MPs and complain about the long wait but don't expect it to have any impact upon your own application. In time though, the delays will get discussed in high places and maybe one day something will be done... just don't hold your breath.

As painful as it is, the only thing you can do is submit the best possible case and then endure the wait.