ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fedupwithwhiningpeople
BANNED

Post by Fedupwithwhiningpeople » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:11 pm

[quote="ID29"]
The ONLY reason the UKBA will advance or speed-up an application is on strictly compassionate or emergency travel grounds. Even MPs have received letters from senior BA staff telling them this when they've made enquiries on behalf of their constituents.

You are so right, Backagain and ID29. We received ours today after a 9 month wait...and all the speaking /Letters etc to our MP( who is a personnel friend of mine BTW ,) Still never sped things up.

My MP and Friend told me that "only on these grounds that they will get things moving" ...Sorry to tell you this .

It has been the hardest time in our life and I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

We are still in shock and numb today ...but very happy :-) I really hope all yours come through soon.

Happy new year and 2013 will be great for you all x

ID29

Post by ID29 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Fedupwithwhiningpeople wrote:We received ours today after a 9 month wait...
Congratulations :D

I've always felt a little guilty with ours taking just 4.5 months so its great to hear those of you who have waited longer getting positive news.
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Proposed CP

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:09 am

Congratulations backagain and fedup!

Nice to hear that good news is still coming in!!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:19 am

CDNgirl wrote:Congratulations backagain and fedup!
Somehow I have a feeling that both these members are same.
I could be wrong though!!!it could be coincidence or just a made up story.
Both applied in April, both were on fiancé visa to FLR(M), both moaned about not being able to work whilst awaiting decision.

I was only waiting to see if both these ID's gonna get their documents on the same day and guess what? They did.

My findings are purely based on the below.
Fedupwithwhiningpeople wrote:I am new on here and I am a sponsor for my Husband. He came here to marry me on a finance Visa and we applied for a FLR(M) back in April.
As he was here on a Finance Visa he has not been allowed to work for near on a year now! Which puts a real strain on anyone finances as you could imagine.

Now, I am not moaning about this as we just have to wait like everyone else, which is really stressful:-( and its been 8 months now!

But what really is bugging me, is

Those of you who applied on a student visa or alike........ Why are you moaning about your wait? When you can WORK 20 hours a week? At least you can work, But all that seems to happen is you all seem to whine, rather than be Positive and constructive. Really what have you got to moan about? Oh the wait, but hey I can still WORK!

For those people WHO really has been put through the mill, with applying from a Finance Visa to a FLR(M)...Keep your chin up..it will happen.
Sorry I had to say this...But sometime things have to be said!
backagain wrote:While I intended to drop off the forum, my wife keeps following it. I guess she has become something of a forum-info-junkie. She wanted me to say something to you in hope of encouragement.

We applied back in April as a conversion from a fiance visa to a FLR(M). On that visa, I am not allowed to work or volunteer. I've now been unable to work in the UK since November 2011. She is an exceptional businesswoman with fantastic entrepreneurial skills. To pacify the UKBA she accepted a position in the corporate world.

For a pair of mature newlyweds, this has been the hardest year of our life. We raised families, enjoyed successes, suffered extreme losses, and found the love of our life. We celebrated one-year of marriage this week. Because we are stuck earning one salary and visas held in waiting, our dreams of international travel have been placed on hold. So we gave ourselves a little break and went away to a little hotel near Rye. Best thing we have done all year.

Let me say, I've done everything imaginable to nudge an action from UKBA. To date, they have not even opened our application. They have no idea how easy it is to process, because they haven't even looked at it. On the anniversary of our seventh month of waiting I began to get very proactive
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:12 am

Damanisshallo wrote:Somehow I have a feeling that both these members are same. I could be wrong though!!!it could be coincidence or just a mad
You could not be more wrong. I have been transparent and honest throughout my time on this forum. While I've articulated my frustration a couple of times, I've removed or edited any comments that were expressed from that frustration. Fedup is their own person and able to make comments and sustain feedback on their own accord.
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 am

ID29 wrote:I've always felt a little guilty with ours taking just 4.5 months so its great to hear those of you who have waited longer getting positive news.
ID29, you have been an asset to this forum. Although the speed of your application was a mystery and one of those anomalies that made it hard to understand the processes employed, it made me all the more determined to find out what was happening within the system. That you stayed on to share your experiences, encourage others, and continue to learn is a testament of your good nature. I hope that any sense of guilt you may have felt is relieved by a sense of the positive and balanced posts you deposit.

Hope that your new life is richly rewarding. My wife and I are in what feels like PTS as I am now be able to work and we can travel as we dreamed when we married last December. After such a long time of scrutiny and uncertainty by the UKBA's communication blackhole, we are numbed in the afteraffects. Best lesson learned in this whole process? Walk the darned thing in at any cost! haha

Fedupwithwhiningpeople
BANNED

Post by Fedupwithwhiningpeople » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:15 am

[quote="Damanisshallo"]

Somehow I have a feeling that both these members are same.
I could be wrong though!!!it could be coincidence or just a made up story.
Both applied in April, both were on fiancé visa to FLR(M), both moaned about not being able to work whilst awaiting decision.

I woke up this morning to see if anyone else had received there Visa yesterday, As April seems to be pushing through :-) and many people are starting to get there from this time, which is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

To find that Damanisshallo, is some sort of genius! You are so wrong.... People in this country do get post on the SAME day, what a stupid thing to say!
You are giving people the wrong fear! I don't make things up, I am my own person and for a fact I am a Sponsor ( I am also a British Citizen and guess what, I have freedom of speech) . There are thousands of people converting from my husbands visa to a FLR(M) that applied in April! What are you the Visa police? You should be pleased that things are moving along , not complain.

Thank you CND Girl, ID29 and Backagain...... For your well wishes, its been a very stressful time...I didn't even sleep last night with the shock, I really thought after I called the day before and was told nothing again, I would wait another week. Then it came :-) So everyone just hang on in and it will come :-)

I wish all the best to everyone on here, the fact that I said the MP don't speed anything up is my opinion...If it makes you feel like you are doing something then, what harm can it do. Just don't get too stressed when you don't hear anything..it will happen.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:50 am

Members need to be aware that Moderators can see the IP address used whenever a member posts. Also members are reminded that it is against the T&Cs of this board to have multiple IDs.

So some explaining to do, why were the posts above made today at 9.27.am and 10.15.am made from the same (BT) IP address? Lack of satisfactory explanation will see both members banned.
John

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:35 pm

I am sadly mistaken in that case...Please accept my apologies...

Oops, did i touch the wrong chord???????????

Thank you so much John for pointing this out. Have I had the Admin access I could've gone deep into my investigation. Nevertheless, atleast we know there was something fishy.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

rosefawkes
Newly Registered

Post by rosefawkes » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:58 pm

So pleased to see April folks being processed!!!

Gives me hope I'll be soon as well, also an April applicant!

As far as the letters go, I've written everyone I can think of: MP, UKBA, Teresa May, nothing works. At least my MP responded to me, (thank you Frank Dobson), which is more than can be said for the others.

I wonder what UKBA decides is "Compassionate grounds"? I told them about needing to see my mother, who is very ill, and there was no response at all. So.... A little heartless, I suppose.

Anyway, congrats to those who have received their visas!!!

rosefawkes
Newly Registered

Post by rosefawkes » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:59 pm

So pleased to see April folks being processed!!!

As far as the letters go, I've written everyone I can think of: MP, UKBA, Teresa May, nothing works. At least my MP responded to me, (thank you Frank Dobson), which is more than can be said for the others.

I wonder what UKBA decides is "Compassionate grounds"? I told them about needing to see my mother, who is very ill, and there was no response at all. So.... A little heartless, I suppose.

Fedupwithwhiningpeople
BANNED

Post by Fedupwithwhiningpeople » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:06 pm

rosefawkes wrote:So pleased to see April folks being processed!!!

Its so exciting:-) It does look like April are starting to come through...Your time will soon be here:-) I am so excited for you

It is going to be a very happy new year for you all ...x

ID29

Post by ID29 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:17 pm

rosefawkes wrote:... I wonder what UKBA decides is "Compassionate grounds"? I told them about needing to see my mother, who is very ill, and there was no response at all.
I'm afraid merely telling them isn't enough. You will need to furnish them with evidence, such as letters from hospitals etc and then make a compelling case.

Also, its not unnatural for the UKBA to weigh a claimed life & death situation against the less important matter of a mere visa application. They might ask themselves if it really REALLY were that important, why doesn't the applicant simply cancel their application and have their travel documents returned?

The trick then, is to provide answers to the two paragraphs above.

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:02 pm

ID29 wrote:I'm afraid merely telling them isn't enough. You will need to furnish them with evidence, such as letters from hospitals etc and then make a compelling case.
I read someplace (will find it if needed) that the only way to get an application expedited under compassionate grounds is through your MP. The first letter our MP sent us following his request for information on my behalf to UKBA stated that the MP had to make that request. Either way, you are correct ID29. That compassionate grounds must be compelling and well documented. There are several forum member stories over the past months of applicants' family members back "home" that were critically or terminally ill. I don't recall any stating that they received an expedited application.

That said, good luck to you rosefawkes. I lost my mom to cancer in 2002. I was fortunate to have been there when my mom passed. Wish she could have met my wife. She was a great lady. My sincere wish is that your mom is not terminal and recovers to see her son or daughter again.

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Here you go rosefawkes:

3.2. Further guidance
There is no provision in the Immigration Rules for a person admitted in another temporary capacity to be granted leave to remain as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner and such applications should normally be refused. However, where we are satisfied that there are exceptional compassionate circumstances, such as the serious terminal illness of one of the parties to the marriage or civil partnership, consideration may be given to granting leave on a discretional basis. The maintenance and accommodation requirements must, though, still be met.

Whether a case can be considered as suitable for the grant of discretionary leave will depend on the individual circumstances of the case. However the inconvenience or the expense of having to travel home to obtain a visa is not sufficient reason to grant outside the Rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:29 pm

hello rosefawkes what is your time line if you dont mind? I am also an april applicant. getting excited now after a long wait. hope it will end soon. :D

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:00 am

Called UKBA this morning surprisingly didn't have to wait for long, after about 10 minutes guy with an Indian accent picked up (I wonder if UKBA has outsourced their call centers now?!). So I asked him about the status of my application he responded by saying its with the case workers department and that I will have to wait. But, he wouldn't tell me if the application was with a case worker all he said its within the department I don't know if anyone knows what this means?

Application sent: April 14th 2012
Acknowledgement: April 25th 2012
Biometrics: May 5th 2012
Requested sponsor's passport: July 10th 2012
Passport received: July 19th 2012
Contacted MP: Oct 16th 2012 (heard nothing thus far)
Documents received: still waiting
BRP received: still waiting

backagain

Post by backagain » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:39 am

Still.Waiting wrote:I don't know if anyone knows what this means?
I do. I do. That means that your application package has gone from the obscurity of a box someplace in storage to be with a caseworker. My visa was issued days after we received that information on the phone. That your application is now with a casework unit or caseworker means that a decision is forthcoming. That is indeed good news still.waiting. Haha... pretty soon you can change your ID to no.longer.waiting.

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 pm

Well, it's the last day of the year and the post man didn't bring anything for me.. :cry:

Have a great new year everyone..this year has not been good for me.. :cry:

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 pm

backagain wrote:
Still.Waiting wrote:I don't know if anyone knows what this means?
That your application is now with a casework unit or caseworker means that a decision is forthcoming.
Thanks for the reply backagain. Hopefully that is the case *fingers crossed* but he didn't confirm if the application was actually with a caseworker even after asking him specifically.

backagain

Post by backagain » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:55 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:Thanks for the reply backagain. Hopefully that is the case *fingers crossed* but he didn't confirm if the application was actually with a caseworker even after asking him specifically.
Still.waiting, they have to be so careful what they say on the phone. If applicants acted on partial information, the UKBA would be in placed in a vulnerable position. But the fact that your application is with either a caseworker or a case working unit is good news. No longer is your application filed away in some box. Very excited to see when you get your news.

Whitequeen, sorry you are not ending 2012 with your docs in hand. Call today before they close to see if there is any progress. Hopefully they can tell you that yours is with a caseworking or unit as well. That would at least be some good news.

emyfraser
Newly Registered

Post by emyfraser » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi everyone

I've seen loads of April applicants coming through lately, which is great, but was wondering if we have any/many May/June/July people following the boards who could remind us of their timelines? I'm trying to figure out if the UKBA are *only* working on April just now or if we maybe don't have May/June/July people on the forum to feed back.

I know we have the excellent excel sheet to view - I'm just unsure if maybe some people posted their timelines and then didn't return to let us know if/when they were successful.

My own timeline, as a reminder:

Visa from: Tier 2
App posted: 18 Aug
Biometrics: 5 Oct
Everything else: waiting

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:49 pm

emyfraser wrote:My own timeline, as a reminder:

Visa from: Tier 2
App posted: 18 Aug
Biometrics: 5 Oct
Everything else: waiting
Please confirm if you are on Skydrivewith a different name?
Skydrives, Templates

ak145m
BANNED

Lol

Post by ak145m » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Can't stop laughing with the idea that fedup and backagain are the same person with the split personality issue..lol, well can't blame that person as joblessness and wait can cause these issues. funny how admin caught the person and even when he/she is refusing to budge. Damanisshallo you are clever ..lol

Mod ed: members are reminded that it is against the T&Cs of this board to have multiple IDs

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 2011/2012

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:58 pm

njoy1987 wrote: Those of you who have applied for FLR(M) and waiting, Please keep us updated!!
Hi njoy1987,

Could you please edit the subject to either delete 2011/2012 or at least add 2013 so that we and the future users can stick with the same topic and hopefully if moderators are happy they can mark this topic as "Sticky Note" for easy access.
Skydrives, Templates