ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:06 pm
paulakh wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:54 pm
on facebook page ,somebody got decision made email yesterday. they had case not straightforward email and their bio is in april ,so finger crossed look like ho start working on now
What's the Facebook Id?
Can you plz let me know?
NOT permitted to be posted on the forum at all. Any member that posts ANY contact information or social media information will be banned. This request to not post contact info has been posted 100s of times on the forum, including in THIS topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:08 pm
Sydvir wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:06 pm
paulakh wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:54 pm
on facebook page ,somebody got decision made email yesterday. they had case not straightforward email and their bio is in april ,so finger crossed look like ho start working on now
What's the Facebook Id?
Can you plz let me know?
NOT permitted to be posted on the forum at all. Any member that posts ANY contact information or social media information will be banned. This request to not post contact info has been posted 100s of times on the forum, including in THIS topic.
I'm sorry admin
I thought we can't post personal details on this forum.
That's y I asked

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:40 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:05 pm
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:59 am
Sydvir wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:55 am
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:23 am
Hi everyone, hope you're well. I applied for my Spouse Visa this month and detail of it is below and I used priority visa service. And today my wife received call from sheffield and they asked her stuff about me & she said our case is with Decisiob Makers now. Does anyone know how long more will it take for them to make a decision. My wife havent received any documents back yet.

Biometrics enrolled at & enrolled on; 06/08/17 (Islamabad)
Application received at Sheffield: 07/08/17
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on: 11/08/17
Supporting documents received at Sheffield on: 12/08/17
Contacted by Sheffield today (27/08/17): Our case is with Decision Makers now.

Does anyone know how long more will it take. Hope to hear from someone soon. I am trying to track on their website but it keeps showing Number is not recognised.
Hi
Did they ask about your wife's employment details?
If not you will get your decision in 12 working weeks.
And the online tracker is not working for outside uk applications at the moment.
Yes they asked her about her employment and wage etc. And my supporting documents were sent from UK only Biometrics were done here in Pakistan.
As your biometric was in Pakistan, it's a outside uk case , so the online tracker doesn't work for us.
Normally they call like that only for not straightforward cases. Which take longer time to get a decision.
Does your sponsor doing two jobs?

But don't worry,nowadays they are giving decisions within 12 weeks.
When your saying 12 weeks are you including weekends in that too (saturday and sunday) or is it just working days?

Sydvir

Post by Sydvir » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:55 pm

JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:40 pm
Sydvir wrote:
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Sydvir wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:55 am

Hi
Did they ask about your wife's employment details?
If not you will get your decision in 12 working weeks.
And the online tracker is not working for outside uk applications at the moment.
Yes they asked her about her employment and wage etc. And my supporting documents were sent from UK only Biometrics were done here in Pakistan.
As your biometric was in Pakistan, it's a outside uk case , so the online tracker doesn't work for us.
Normally they call like that only for not straightforward cases. Which take longer time to get a decision.

When your saying 12 weeks are you including weekends in that too (saturday and sunday) or is it just working days?
It's just working days.
I week equals to 5 working days.

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Sydvir wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:55 pm
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:40 pm
Sydvir wrote:
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:

It's just working days.
I week equals to 5 working days.
Ok its a long process then its only been 12 working day's yet

Hal6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hal6 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:39 am

I've read that some people have gotten their priority fee back. Is this true? If it is does anyone know how to get it back?

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:00 am

Misskatie wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:51 pm

I sent a complaint through the gov.uk website - I don't know if I'm allowed to post the email address.

I sent this:
"I want to make a complaint about my partners settlement visa and the handling of it. His application was completed April 18th and he went to the embassy in Lima for his interview on 5th may. We paid for the priority service, however have since had the "on hold" email due to the Supreme Court ruling February 22nd. I have since found out that he should have been made aware at his interview that his application would be caught up In this hold situation, especially as he paid for priority. He was not made aware of any hold up, and his application should not be on hold as I, his sponsor have an annual income of £22,000. I want a refund of my priority service fee along with a date of when he can expect a decision. We did put on the application his expected date of travel is may 22nd. Obviously this has passed with no further update. You are infringing both of our human rights And my next stop after this is to involve my local MP, along with taking legal action because you are not acting lawfully. He does not want his application withdrawn he just wants a decision, or when to expect a decision, plus a refund of my priority payment. I expect a timely response"

And I received:
"Thank you for your email correspondence of 7 June 2017 where you have raised a complaint about the handling of your partner’s settlement visa application.

I have asked the operational manager of Entry Clearance team to assess the circumstances relating to the matter you have complained about. With this work now complete, I have based my response on their findings. I am unable to uphold your complaint and I hope my reply helps you to understand the reasons why.

You have said that your partner completed an application for a settlement visa on 18 April, he was interviewed at the Embassy in lima on 5 May in which he paid for his application to be processed via the priority service. You stated you have received an “on hold” email due to a ruling made by the supreme court on 22 February. You have stated that you since found out that your partner should have been informed about the “on hold” situation when he attended his interview at the Lima embassy and his application could be affected by this ruling. You said he was not informed of any hold ups and his application should not be on hold. You are asking for a refund of payment for the fees you have paid for the priority service, you are also seeking for a decision or an expected timescale on when a decision will be made on your partner’s application.

I am sorry for the delay in this matter being resolved, however I am pleased to see that my colleague has sent your Partner an email on 18 May 2017, explaining details of why his application was placed on hold. Unfortunately I cannot give a specific date on when a final decision will be made on your partner’s application. In regards to a refund for the payments made for the priority service, I am pleased to inform you this is now being processed.

I hope this explains the position."

On July 7th I received the £551 priority fee back into my bank
That's how misskatie applied for priority refund. I don't know which email address she used but I' m guessing it should be same address which is used to contact UKVI. I don't have any more information regarding this.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

eternale
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by eternale » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:45 am

Christ-Believer wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:54 pm
What we've learned from the last few days:

1) Those who got the email 'A decision will be made before 31st October unless we tell you otherwise" were those whose documents got sent to Sheffield.

2) The gov.uk online tracker does not work for applications made outside the UK

------

Many of us have been waiting since Jan 2017 and some even earlier!

The earliest member still waiting is from Nov 2016, so those who complain after waiting only a few weeks should re-read this thread and realize it's a long process and wait.

In Jesus name, I pray we all get our decisions approved very soon, Amen.
hi i am little confused about the number 1 where you said 'those whose documents got sent to Sheffield'
i apllied before the change happens, where people sending their documents by post. Can you explain what does means for all of us? My documents were scanned at the applications center. And got email that sayin they have received on the 8th of may.
after that we never heard anything from anywhere. Ive never receieved hold email or anything.
my case is strong and no complications.
And the only email i got from them since 8th of may was that 31 october email from them, was really hopeful this time! lol
I applied from Izmir Turkey with non priority.
Also feel unlucky since a guy apllied from same place as me a month later with non priority got his visa three weeks before today! So dont think they look applications in order which is very worrying...

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:46 am

HI everyone,
I'm here need everyone's help.
I submitted in 30th march, not striaghtforward email 23rd june. still waiting until now.
My online application never change since 25th may.
i know the call center just shit.
But i had contact my MP serval times. 30th august, my MP reply me say because background check my application delay. 20th sep, my MP reply the email similar answer, say because background check was processing in different department, so cant give time scale.
I was wondering the background check is the biggest joking.
I had receive delay 31st oct email. so how can their know my background check cant finish before 30th sep?

does anyone get similar reply from mp?
thanks

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:04 pm

denghao3 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:46 am
HI everyone,
I submitted in 30th march, not striaghtforward email 23rd june. still waiting until now.
But i had contact my MP serval times. 30th august, my MP reply me say because background check my application delay. 20th sep, my MP reply the email similar answer, say because background check was processing in different department, so cant give time scale.
I had receive delay 31st oct email. so how can their know my background check cant finish before 30th sep?

thanks
MPs have no influence, that email is the only thing hope you would have to hold on to. Back round check should be regarded as criminal, employment, financial, accomodation etc. as they are doing with everyone as part of their consideration

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Got oct 31st email,looks like they are getting rid of their backlog. A glimpse of hope, but I fear there will be a wave of rejections

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Post by arfinkhan128 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:19 pm

i have learnt from this thread and other timelines threads that even if your case is Not straight forward you will find out on 58th to 60th working day of bio taken.

for some reason there has been a huge delay for May applicants, there isn't many June applicants here most have got response this month as they have approached 60th working day.

denghao3

Post by denghao3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:23 pm

M2sam wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:04 pm
denghao3 wrote:
HI everyone,

thanks
MPs have no influence, that email is the only thing hope you would have to hold on to. Back round check should be regarded as criminal, employment, financial, accomodation etc. as they are doing with everyone as part of their consideration

thanks for your reply.
i totally understand for the background check, but the problem the check already take 4 months, by the way, i been to uk since 2011 as student. so i think no much to check at all. just confuse what their checking now.
and I was wondering, if the relative department not respond, i can only wait? 1 year? 2 year?
i just apply fiance, no for sponsor yet. very shocked what their doing now.
and i worry their gonna delay again in end of oct.

b4r1786

Post by b4r1786 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:51 pm

I applied on 7th July online non-priority. Biometric on 18th July. Tomorrow is 60th working day for online and 9th Oct is 60th working days for biometrics. They emailed me on 2nd August acknowledging my application and I have heard nothing since. I'm hoping I will hear something next week. The wait is very difficult. I feel for the person who has waited since November 2016. I think that a lot of people get responses within 12 weeks for non-priority cases but are not updating timelines or are unaware of forums like these. Either way I hope to find out about my wife's case in the next few weeks.

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:56 pm

denghao3 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:23 pm
M2sam wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:04 pm
denghao3 wrote:
HI everyone,

thanks

thanks for your reply.
i totally understand for the background check, but the problem the check already take 4 months, by the way, i been to uk since 2011 as student. so i think no much to check at all. just confuse what their checking now.
and I was wondering, if the relative department not respond, i can only wait? 1 year? 2 year?
i just apply fiance, no for sponsor yet. very shocked what their doing now.
and i worry their gonna delay again in end of oct.
U came back within visa. And u overstay there. If u overstay there so they sometime if u not come back as volunteer .

M2sam
United Kingdom

Post by M2sam » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Also to mention, there is a conservative conference next week, speculation, but they might of sent those emails to have a good standing in the public eye

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Post by arfinkhan128 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:48 pm

b4r1786 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:51 pm
I applied on 7th July online non-priority. Biometric on 18th July. Tomorrow is 60th working day for online and 9th Oct is 60th working days for biometrics. They emailed me on 2nd August acknowledging my application and I have heard nothing since. I'm hoping I will hear something next week. The wait is very difficult. I feel for the person who has waited since November 2016. I think that a lot of people get responses within 12 weeks for non-priority cases but are not updating timelines or are unaware of forums like these. Either way I hope to find out about my wife's case
in the next few weeks.
Remember there was a bank holiday in August so 10 October will be 60 days for you.

b4r1786

Post by b4r1786 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:28 pm

arfinkhan128 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:48 pm
b4r1786 wrote:
I applied on 7th July online non-priority. Biometric on 18th July. Tomorrow is 60th working day for online and 9th Oct is 60th working days for biometrics. They emailed me on 2nd August acknowledging my application and I have heard nothing since. I'm hoping I will hear something next week. The wait is very difficult. I feel for the person who has waited since November 2016. I think that a lot of people get responses within 12 weeks for non-priority cases but are not updating timelines or are unaware of forums like these. Either way I hope to find out about my wife's case
in the next few weeks.
Remember there was a bank holiday in August so 10 October will be 60 days for you.
I have already taken off the bank holiday in August. It will be 9th October. I'm praying I have an answer around then. Insha'Allah it will be approved.

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Post by arfinkhan128 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:06 pm

b4r1786 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:28 pm
arfinkhan128 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:48 pm
b4r1786 wrote:
in the next few weeks.
I have already taken off the bank holiday in August. It will be 9th October. I'm praying I have an answer around then. Insha'Allah it will be approved.
Yes inshaa’Allah and keep us updated

hussain252

Post by hussain252 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:10 pm

arfinkhan128 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:19 pm
i have learnt from this thread and other timelines threads that even if your case is Not straight forward you will find out on 58th to 60th working day of bio taken.

for some reason there has been a huge delay for May applicants, there isn't many June applicants here most have got response this month as they have approached 60th working day.
Hey I applied 22/6/2017 standard and got the 31 oct email this week too. But yeah a lot that applied in June have recieved decisions.

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm

hussain252 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:10 pm
arfinkhan128 wrote:

Hey I applied 22/6/2017 standard and got the 31 oct email this week too. But yeah a lot that applied in June have recieved decisions.
What is this email that everyone got about 31st October?

hussain252

Post by hussain252 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:30 pm

JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm
hussain252 wrote:
arfinkhan128 wrote:

If u look at early posts ppl have put the email up on the forum. Basically saying they were unable to make a decision on normal timeframe and look to make a decision before 31 oct. and if they stil unable to do so they will contact again. Didn't u recieve the email?

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:36 pm

hussain252 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:30 pm
JunaidIqbal2k17 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm
hussain252 wrote:
arfinkhan128 wrote:

If u look at early posts ppl have put the email up on the forum. Basically saying they were unable to make a decision on normal timeframe and look to make a decision before 31 oct. and if they stil unable to do so they will contact again. Didn't u recieve the email?
My application was sent over to sheffield on 12th September, I haven't received any email I also applied for priority visa was hoping to hear back from them soon

karachi76
Newly Registered

Post by karachi76 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi all

After reading 100's of comments in Pakistan time line thread and waiting for decision thread, i can see that if you paid for priority visa serivce in 80% cases you will get answer in less then 60 working days.

20% get delayed because the case is complicated or some documents are missing ETC

The problem is with non priority visa service that their file get behind every time someone paid for priority visa which i think is unfair. i know few families who gone for non priroty visa and waiting since MAY and they just received the same email like others.

myself i paid for priority service and after calling them 2nd time on 25th Septembe they said decision have been made last week, but i still haven't receive any email or phone call, decision made in 55 working days. but until my mrs receive the passport we are not sure if we are the Lucky or unlucky ones!!

i wish you all best of luck

JunaidIqbal2k17
Pakistan

Post by JunaidIqbal2k17 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:00 pm

karachi76 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 pm
Hi all

After reading 100's of comments in Pakistan time line thread and waiting for decision thread, i can see that if you paid for priority visa serivce in 80% cases you will get answer in less then 60 working days.

20% get delayed because the case is complicated or some documents are missing ETC

The problem is with non priority visa service that their file get behind every time someone paid for priority visa which i think is unfair. i know few families who gone for non priroty visa and waiting since MAY and they just received the same email like others.

myself i paid for priority service and after calling them 2nd time on 25th Septembe they said decision have been made last week, but i still haven't receive any email or phone call, decision made in 55 working days. but until my mrs receive the passport we are not sure if we are the Lucky or unlucky ones!!

i wish you all best of luck
When you applied for priority visa did you send the priority receipt to sheffield aswell with the rest of your documents?