ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 4:24 pm

kartik_r wrote:
Greenie wrote:You have seen one email from the ukba and think you can tell if one is a fake?

I have received countless emails from ukba in sheffield and they haven't contained a letterhead.

The op now has a separate thread on this matter where it would be better for this discussion to continue as this thread is for timelines.
@ greenie,

Yes, good option to run this in a seperate thread ( a possible way to communicate this with new bees out there)

@ mojeepo

dude, i received it ! You know what as per my understanding its fake. Having said that, dont leave it as spam. Wrtie back to her (if there a person exist :-) ) asking as why she is asking for 9 months of statements which is not at all a requirement.

Tell her with polite words (in directly) that you and few of your collegues are receving spam job emails from recruitment consultancies and want to re confirm whether this is true ( also, the dates which you're asking which is not a TIER 1 PSW requirement which further scars me and make to think as its a virus/ spam email.

So, if you dont mind for my good sake, can you put me in writing from your UKba, Sheffield letter head correct dates of required statements to be out of hazzle and un necessary stress ( as what my application require after consideration ..?)

Try to take the escence of my points above and revert the same email which you received. Let us see the response.

P.S - I could do a possible search in google and find lot of emails like this , as i am a case worker and bla bla bla... as those were spams were commented by people who experienced the scenarios..

Be Careful mate,
Kartik
@ mojeepo

Moreover, the email you've forwarded look apparently un professional writing and its dt 26th May 2012 ( which is f*ucking Saturday.. and hom e office dont work on week-ends)..

100% sure its clearly CRAP mate

Kartik

Maninder 84

Post by Maninder 84 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:25 pm

walkowitz wrote:
Maninder 84 wrote:hello everyone just to inform u all guys.....one of our college friend just posted in our facebook group created by our group of same college students...that she received her docs today and when asked she said she has done her Biometric on 3rd April 2012..
:D :D :D :D
thanks
are you sure .. how is it possible
well even i didnt believe her before because even i am following this forum since april.....but she said honestly yes she did on 3rd april.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Maninder 84 wrote:hello everyone just to inform u all guys.....one of our college friend just posted in our facebook group created by our group of same college students...that she received her docs today and when asked she said she has done her Biometric on 3rd April 2012..
thanks
@ Maninder 84, What's her Date of Application.?

- Kartik

Sent from HTC mobile

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Sat May 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Maninder 84 wrote:
walkowitz wrote:
thanks
are you sure .. how is it possible
well even i didnt believe her before because even i am following this forum since april.....but she said honestly yes she did on 3rd april.
Few of my fr'ds also got but they applied by solicitor through appointment.

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Sat May 26, 2012 4:42 pm

All of them join in this facebook group. We are getting more advanced news than this. More members are joined
http://www.facebook.com/groups/257208277720523/

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 4:44 pm

kumarpsw wrote:All of them join in this facebook group. We are getting more advanced news than this. More members are joined
http://www.facebook.com/groups/257208277720523/
@ Kumarpsw - How many members are there... roughly..?

Kartik

Sent from HTC mobile

easydoesit
Newly Registered

Re: psw processing timings

Post by easydoesit » Sat May 26, 2012 5:38 pm

shresta wrote:
easydoesit wrote:
shresta wrote:My application time line:

Application sent feb 21 2012
Acknowledgement recieved March 5th 2012
Biometrics letter March 23rd 2012
Biometrics enrollement march 23rd 2012 with 1 dependent
Documents and BRP: waiting

hi guys,

I had an problem with my application,regarding the Bank statements
Today morning i got an email from UKBA regarding the Bank statements
email follows as
I am currently considering your Tier 1 Post Study work application, however your bank statements show your funds falling below the required threshold on 08/02/12.

You require £800 for yourself plus £533 for your dependant, which equals £1333. Your closing balance on 08/02/12 is £434.66. Therefore you need to provide evidence of having £898.34 for the period 08/02/12. You must have £800 in your name. Your dependant can provide bank statements in his name to cover his maintenance.
I will keep you case on hold until 01/06/12.

But my problem is I had maintained balance more than 90 days period
which covers from November 3rd 2011 to February 7th 2012.(nearly 103 days)
On the 8th february i transfered to my friend as he need it (as i borrowed money for funds) and on the bank statement there is one transaction on 1st february and again on 8th february ...so i got the statement from bank showing balance 434 pounds.bank people said as i dnt have transactions between 1st to 8th they could nt give me statement, so as there is no time for applying another statement i applied with same statement which is stating November 2011 to feb 8th statement.

It already covered 90 days period during November 3 rd 2011 to january 31st it is exactly 90 days.

Now due to UKBA sent an email to me , i requested bank to send the statement again upto 1st of february transactions so that i could send a letter through solicitor stating that i already maintained funds for 90 days.

Please friends help me out., if u have any suggestions....iam worried about rejection of visa.

u might wanna ring 01226261226 talk to their call centre in India rather than employees at the branch (they are rubbish) and request for the letter mentioned by one of the people on this forum. Please make sure you dictate them what you want the letter to say and tell them you want it urgently. I had problems in getting the letter from the branch (they just wont write it down) and this is what I did. If you tell them you need it urgently they will put it in first class post before 3 and you should have it the next day.

I ll also suggest that you tell them that the letter should say that you "have had the funds of xxxx in your bank account CONSECUTIVELY for a period of 90 days FROM xx-xx-xxxx to xx-xx-xxxx". In this way it will say 90 days and will say the amount of money and it also say the date is less than a month from when you made your application effectively meaning that the case worker will have all his answers and you will have all the boxes ticked.

As this is what UKBA wants the letter to say

Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for a consecutive 90 day period, ending no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

thank u.I cald upon that number and said letter was urgent they told me i cannot get it next day, they take minimum 5 working days.i lost my hopes in getting my visa. :(
That is surprising coz that is what I did when the branch refused me the letter and I rang them to complain and told them that I want this letter and there is no way I m walking in the branch for getting myself insulted again. I received the letter within 48 hours as I requested for it after 5 pm had I done it before 3pm I could have picked it in the branch next day after 10 am

Have you tried telling them that you can pick the letter up from your local branch. I m assuming your bank is HSBC coz they are very bad in this respect. If your bank had been Lloyds or barclays it is normally very easy. I would suggest that you get a letter from your uni/college addressing your bank manager requesting the letter stating the funds have been in your account.
Also it might be a good idea to email the case worker telling him/her that you have contacted the bank and need 10 more days as the bank process takes more time than estimated just to be on safe side. you can also say that they do not do this in the branch and therefore you have requested the documents in post. If I was you I ll request BOTH the statement and letter.

Might be worth consulting a solicitor or involving your uni international student desk.

U also might want to write to the case worker explaining that the funds have been in the account for 90 days as per the requirement and were only transferred after the satisfying the requirement of maintaining the said balance for 90 days
Last edited by easydoesit on Sat May 26, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maninder 84

Post by Maninder 84 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:43 pm

kartik_r wrote:
thanks

- Kartik

Sent from HTC mobile
The time line for that applicant is
Application sent on 7th march and received on 8th
Biometric invitation on 2nd April
Bio done in 3 rd April
Docs recd on 26 th may

easydoesit
Newly Registered

Post by easydoesit » Sat May 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Maninder 84 wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
thanks

- Kartik

Sent from HTC mobile
Bio done in 3 rd April
Docs recd on 26 th may
This is very surprising coz I applied on 1 Feb and did my biometric on 24 march I have received nothing and there are many people who are ahead of me in the queue and have received nothing. With all due respect I doubt the truth in the statement mate

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Sat May 26, 2012 6:06 pm

almost nearing 90 members. so join here

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Sat May 26, 2012 6:09 pm

easydoesit wrote:
Maninder 84 wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
thanks

- Kartik

Sent from HTC mobile
Bio done in 3 rd April
Docs recd on 26 th may
This is very surprising coz I applied on 1 Feb and did my biometric on 24 march I have received nothing and there are many people who are ahead of me in the queue and have received nothing. With all due respect I doubt the truth in the statement mate

Just to let you know all that those who are saying that we did biometrics in April and have got visa it's because they all applied under premium category by appointment.

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Sat May 26, 2012 6:58 pm

No. maninder is correct. and it is possible because they ukba needs some proof to show that they process 75% applications under 4 weeks if any of us sue them..lol but i feel they might be taking few applicaations to be prepared for any complaint!!

fundoo
Newly Registered

Post by fundoo » Sat May 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Its true guys. One girl from my college too got her BRP today. She gave biometric in April. And for the record she dint go for premium/solicitor appointment.

May be UKBA having difficulty in processing biometric data from 24th March to some point in April. Because of which there is a delay for all these applications. Hopefully it should be sorted soon.

Its a good news for the people who gave biometric in April. I gave on 19th. We can hope to get our VISAS soon.

Cheers..

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 7:46 pm

easydoesit wrote:
shresta wrote:
easydoesit wrote:
shresta wrote:My application time line:

Application sent feb 21 2012
Acknowledgement recieved March 5th 2012
Biometrics letter March 23rd 2012
Biometrics enrollement march 23rd 2012 with 1 dependent
Documents and BRP: waiting

hi guys,

I had an problem with my application,regarding the Bank statements
Today morning i got an email from UKBA regarding the Bank statements
email follows as
I am currently considering your Tier 1 Post Study work application, however your bank statements show your funds falling below the required threshold on 08/02/12.

You require £800 for yourself plus £533 for your dependant, which equals £1333. Your closing balance on 08/02/12 is £434.66. Therefore you need to provide evidence of having £898.34 for the period 08/02/12. You must have £800 in your name. Your dependant can provide bank statements in his name to cover his maintenance.
I will keep you case on hold until 01/06/12.

But my problem is I had maintained balance more than 90 days period
which covers from November 3rd 2011 to February 7th 2012.(nearly 103 days)
On the 8th february i transfered to my friend as he need it (as i borrowed money for funds) and on the bank statement there is one transaction on 1st february and again on 8th february ...so i got the statement from bank showing balance 434 pounds.bank people said as i dnt have transactions between 1st to 8th they could nt give me statement, so as there is no time for applying another statement i applied with same statement which is stating November 2011 to feb 8th statement.

It already covered 90 days period during November 3 rd 2011 to january 31st it is exactly 90 days.

Now due to UKBA sent an email to me , i requested bank to send the statement again upto 1st of february transactions so that i could send a letter through solicitor stating that i already maintained funds for 90 days.

Please friends help me out., if u have any suggestions....iam worried about rejection of visa.

u might wanna ring 01226261226 talk to their call centre in India rather than employees at the branch (they are rubbish) and request for the letter mentioned by one of the people on this forum. Please make sure you dictate them what you want the letter to say and tell them you want it urgently. I had problems in getting the letter from the branch (they just wont write it down) and this is what I did. If you tell them you need it urgently they will put it in first class post before 3 and you should have it the next day.

I ll also suggest that you tell them that the letter should say that you "have had the funds of xxxx in your bank account CONSECUTIVELY for a period of 90 days FROM xx-xx-xxxx to xx-xx-xxxx". In this way it will say 90 days and will say the amount of money and it also say the date is less than a month from when you made your application effectively meaning that the case worker will have all his answers and you will have all the boxes ticked.

As this is what UKBA wants the letter to say

Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for a consecutive 90 day period, ending no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

thank u.I cald upon that number and said letter was urgent they told me i cannot get it next day, they take minimum 5 working days.i lost my hopes in getting my visa. :(
That is surprising coz that is what I did when the branch refused me the letter and I rang them to complain and told them that I want this letter and there is no way I m walking in the branch for getting myself insulted again. I received the letter within 48 hours as I requested for it after 5 pm had I done it before 3pm I could have picked it in the branch next day after 10 am

Have you tried telling them that you can pick the letter up from your local branch. I m assuming your bank is HSBC coz they are very bad in this respect. If your bank had been Lloyds or barclays it is normally very easy. I would suggest that you get a letter from your uni/college addressing your bank manager requesting the letter stating the funds have been in your account.
Also it might be a good idea to email the case worker telling him/her that you have contacted the bank and need 10 more days as the bank process takes more time than estimated just to be on safe side. you can also say that they do not do this in the branch and therefore you have requested the documents in post. If I was you I ll request BOTH the statement and letter.

Might be worth consulting a solicitor or involving your uni international student desk.

U also might want to write to the case worker explaining that the funds have been in the account for 90 days as per the requirement and were only transferred after the
satisfying the requirement of maintaining the said balance for 90 days
This query really needs to be moved from the timelines thread as i stated earlier.

the point you are all missing is that the rules clearly state that ukba will take the date of the closing balance on the statement as the end of the 90 days and they count back from there. The caseworker can see the funds were held for a 90 day period but a 90 e
day period is not sufficient it must be the 90 days ending with the date of the closing balance. The funds also need to be held on the date of the application. Getting a letter from the bank now to say that the funds were held for a 90 day period is not going to help the op. The only thing that can help is a statement from another account showing the funds on the days in question.

rockonthedoors
Newly Registered

Post by rockonthedoors » Sat May 26, 2012 8:58 pm

fundoo wrote:Its true guys. One girl from my college too got her BRP today. She gave biometric in April. And for the record she dint go for premium/solicitor appointment.

May be UKBA having difficulty in processing biometric data from 24th March to some point in April. Because of which there is a delay for all these applications. Hopefully it should be sorted soon.

Its a good news for the people who gave biometric in April. I gave on 19th. We can hope to get our VISAS soon.

Cheers..
when she did biometric???

fundoo
Newly Registered

Post by fundoo » Sat May 26, 2012 11:59 pm

she gave biometric on 22nd April. As strange as it seems but 100% true.
I gave biometric on 19th, so keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

cheers..

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:50 am

Greenie wrote: the point you are all missing is that the rules clearly state that ukba will take the date of the closing balance on the statement as the end of the 90 days and they count back from there. The caseworker can see the funds were held for a 90 days period but a 90 day period is not sufficient it must be the 90 days ending with the date of the closing balance.

Well, what’s happen with their utmost promise?

We will always use the closing balance date from the account that most favours the applicant.

(Page 20, para 103, PSW guidance)
N/A

fundoo
Newly Registered

Post by fundoo » Sun May 27, 2012 2:26 am

rockonthedoors wrote:
fundoo wrote:Its true guys. One girl from my college too got her BRP today. She gave biometric in April. And for the record she dint go for premium/solicitor appointment.

Cheers..
when she did biometric???

Just to follow up on that. She gave biometric in London. I am not sure of the date but its definitely after me i.e. after 19th April.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun May 27, 2012 4:46 am

Tier 4 wrote:
Greenie wrote: the point you are all missing is that the rules clearly state that ukba will take the date of the closing balance on the statement as the end of the 90 days and they count back from there. The caseworker can see the funds were held for a 90 days period but a 90 day period is not sufficient it must be the 90 days ending with the date of the closing balance.

Well, what’s happen with their utmost promise?

We will always use the closing balance date from the account that most favours the applicant.

(Page 20, para 103, PSW guidance)
read para 101.
103 is not relevant-it relates to when statements from more than one account have been submitted which is not the issue here.

courage
Newly Registered

Post by courage » Sun May 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Just to encourage everyone on this forum. I received my approval letter dated 24th May and documents on Saturday and DX say they'll deliver BRP tomorrow. My timeline is as follows with one dependent:

Application sent: 10th Feb. 2012
Biometric invitation: March 20th
Biometric given: March 23rd
Documents received: May 26th
BRP: Expected May 28th

Hope this helps someone eagerly waiting to hear from UKBA, this week by God's grace more people will receive good news from them.

ralux
Newly Registered

Post by ralux » Sun May 27, 2012 8:00 pm

courage wrote:Just to encourage everyone on this forum. I received my approval letter dated 24th May and documents on Saturday and DX say they'll deliver BRP tomorrow. My timeline is as follows with one dependent:

Application sent: 10th Feb. 2012
Biometric invitation: March 20th
Biometric given: March 23rd
Documents received: May 26th
BRP: Expected May 28th

Hope this helps someone eagerly waiting to hear from UKBA, this week by God's grace more people will receive good news from them.
Congrats mate.

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Sun May 27, 2012 8:49 pm

next comes the turn for 24&26 march biometrics

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Sun May 27, 2012 10:53 pm

kumarpsw wrote:next comes the turn for 24&26 march biometrics
kumar there are few person in my fr'ds who are still waiting who have done biometrics on 22 also me myself have done on 23 march, still waiting. so don't expect anything so early in this coming week, i think they will clear the previous date backlog

ali.27
Newly Registered

Tier 1

Post by ali.27 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:46 am

How can i withdraval my visa application?
Do i need complete form from ukba web pages?
Or calling and faxing is it enough?
Have u got any idea? Which is the fast to take a my documensts?

rawmess
Newly Registered

Post by rawmess » Mon May 28, 2012 12:45 pm

We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 2 May.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/
:)