ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neerajverma

Re: dis heartened soul

Post by neerajverma » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:56 pm

sKAUR wrote:Hi all my husband applyed for a settlement visa on the 1st of may 2012 and we have just received a refusal on the 13th of july 2012 stating they dont think our relationship is genuine further more in our application form we wrote this is not an arranged marriage and they have said that i quote '' you have stated in your application that this a arranged marriage. I was previously married so am a divorcee with three kids and they cant understand why a single man would be a suitable match. Further more they didnt even look at my 6 month payslip where i can support my husband and only looked at my last statement where my wages were low due to sickness and holiday. i have filed for appeal but still am surprised that the eco didnt bother reading or going through my application.
@Skaur

I'm really sorry to hear that.. What documents did you provided with the application ? Especially the communication between you and your husband?
Don't know what makes ECO thinks about the genuiness.

All the very best with your appeal..

Warm Regards,

----------------------------------------------
Applied @ VFS Jalandhar-8May 2012
Forwarded to BHC- 9 May 2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:48 pm

I submitted emails sent while i was in uk to my husband before the wedding pics evidence of my divorce and why my 1st marriage broke down ie domestic violence. I also submitted pics of before our wedding hotel reciepts of us staying together before and after wedding phone bills my children communicating greeting cards teachers letters verything bi could think of and had. even my estate agent wrote a no objection letter i even had a letter from the bhc india saying they had no objection with our marriage.
@Skaur

I'm really sorry to hear that.. What documents did you provided with the application ? Especially the communication between you and your husband?
Don't know what makes ECO thinks about the genuiness.

All the very best with your appeal..

Warm Regards,

----------------------------------------------
Applied @ VFS Jalandhar-8May 2012
Forwarded to BHC- 9 May 2012[/quote]
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:52 pm

i cant believe they turned our love marriage into n arranged one and still had the nerve to say WE stated in our application that it is an arranged marriage
:?
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:05 pm

sKAUR wrote:i cant believe they turned our love marriage into n arranged one and still had the nerve to say WE stated in our application that it is an arranged marriage
Arranged marriage or a love marriage is irrelevant as far as an ECO is concerned.What matters most is that its a GENEUINE marriage :wink:

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:11 pm

well we had our religeous wedding and our court marriage so all certificate were provided ]
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 pm

i just dont understand the response they have given me its almost as if they dont no howmto read. my lawyer dealing with it now so im hoping i shuld get a decent response
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi S_kaur,

I am so sorry to hear about your rejection.

The thing that annoys me about this decision is although there are certain guidelines on what a genuine relationship constitutes, when they are unable to decide, they should seek an interview to learn more about the applicants. Not all applicants know how to show these traits or rather culturally tend not to express so openly.

According to the UKBA:

"
Outward signs of affection
Companionship
Physical intimacy
Emotional support; and
Mutual concern for each other’s welfare.

These traits distinguish a genuine marriage from a sham marriage. It is our view that when a relationship is genuine, these traits are apparent regardless if the couple has been together in a relationship for a day, a month, a year, or even decades."

I wish you good luck with your appeal and I hope the above information is helpful in providing extra evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine.

abt2710
Newly Registered

settlement visa

Post by abt2710 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 am

Is anyone got visa information today ?

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:17 am

Not yet....
its crossed 3 and half months for me...

Liza
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by Liza » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 am

sk2912 wrote:Not yet....
Hello, I am new to this forum...
Mine also three months completed !! No news as yet..

Liza
Newly Registered

Spouse name on passport

Post by Liza » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 am

Does anyone know...! If I need to put my spouse name on my Passport before I board the flight from India. Any suggestions would be welcoming ..!Is it mandatory ??

zeezeezee

Re: settlement visa

Post by zeezeezee » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 am

Nothing- after you get something i could expect something
abt2710 wrote:Is anyone got visa information today ?

zeezeezee

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by zeezeezee » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:05 am

Where did you apply from
Liza wrote:

wAliMeer

Re: settlement visa

Post by wAliMeer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:51 am

abt2710 wrote:Is anyone got visa information today ?
You are the most deserving person on the list at the moment.! as you are the one waiting for the longest.! I hope you and everyone who has been waiting since march end hear about their visas soon.!!
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

Liza
Newly Registered

Post by Liza » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:52 am

I have applied in new delhi India .[

quote="zeezeezee"]Where did you apply from
Liza wrote:
[/quote]

wAliMeer

Re: Spouse name on passport

Post by wAliMeer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:54 am

Liza wrote:Does anyone know...! If I need to put my spouse name on my Passport before I board the flight from India. Any suggestions would be welcoming ..!Is it mandatory ??
It's not mandatory to have the name on the passport before you travel or before you apply for the visa. You can travel with your passport as it is. If you want to include your spouse name on the passport, the passport will have to reissue you a new passport as they cant just write it down. So it will take some time for that, I dont know how much long on your state but its quite long in AP.

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:55 am

Liza wrote: Hello, I am new to this forum...
Hi Liza,
When and where did you apply from?

Liza
Newly Registered

Post by Liza » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:59 am

Hi walimeer thanks for your suggestion. But as far as I know that , when I fly from Delhi airport they wouldn't allow me at immigration , if my husband name is not on the passport . I am not sure how far is this true really confused.

quote="wAliMeer"]
Liza wrote:Does anyone know...! If I need to put my spouse name on my Passport before I board the flight from India. Any suggestions would be welcoming ..!Is it mandatory ??
It's not mandatory to have the name on the passport before you travel or before you apply for the visa. You can travel with your passport as it is. If you want to include your spouse name on the passport, the passport will have to reissue you a new passport as they cant just write it down. So it will take some time for that, I dont know how much long on your state but its quite long in AP.[/quote]

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:03 am

Hi

I confirm it is not mandatory to have your partner's name on the passport.

When applying for a spouse VISA, usually the VISA contains the name of your partner (usually initials).

So do not worry and once you get your Spouse visa in your passport, book the flights and fly to the UK.

Best of luck
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Liza
Newly Registered

Post by Liza » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:08 am

You solved my problem Harv... Thanks a lot ..!!
harv wrote:
Hi

I confirm it is not mandatory to have your partner's name on the passport.

When applying for a spouse VISA, usually the VISA contains the name of your partner (usually initials).

So do not worry and once you get your Spouse visa in your passport, book the flights and fly to the UK.

Best of luck

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 am

maroonedsoul wrote:Hi S_kaur,

The thing that annoys me about this decision is although there are certain guidelines on what a genuine relationship constitutes, when they are unable to decide, they should seek an interview to learn more about the applicants. Not all applicants know how to show these traits or rather culturally tend not to express so openly.

According to the UKBA:

"
Companionship
Physical intimacy
Emotional support; and

These traits distinguish a genuine marriage from a sham marriage. It is our view that when a relationship is genuine, these traits are apparent regardless if the couple has been together in a relationship for a day, a month, a year, or even decades."

I wish you good luck with your appeal and I hope the above information is helpful in providing extra evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine.

well your right in india it is very hard to be very open in a relationship especially if you have family around you as there bis a respect bariier. I mean i provided hotel invoices where we had stayed as a couple before the wedding and pics emails 10 months worth of telephone calls card. Is there anything i can provide now in addition to this my barristers really good and though expensive 2grand to be precise, has said he can prove our relationship on what we have.
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:48 am

batleykhan wrote:
sKAUR wrote:i cant believe they turned our love marriage into n arranged one and still had the nerve to say WE stated in our application that it is an arranged marriage
Arranged marriage or a love marriage is irrelevant as far as an ECO is concerned.What matters most is that its a GENEUINE marriage :wink:
@ batley khan

Can you suggest any other docs i can provide got over 200 pics of us and prob 2000 emails to say the least.hat it has been explained why the exact question they have asked is why we have not explained why a a man exactly 2 yrs younger would marry someone who is divorced with three kids so im confused as to what tp provide. i am planning a trip in oct as cant get hol of work and school dates to match would that help my appeal.
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:13 am

maroonedsoul wrote:Hi S_kaur,

According to the UKBA:

"
Companionship
Physical intimacy
Emotional support; and

i thought they would have interveiwed us.
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:57 am

sKAUR wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
@ batley khan

Can you suggest any other docs i can provide got over 200 pics of us and prob 2000 emails to say the least.hat it has been explained why the exact question they have asked is why we have not explained why a a man exactly 2 yrs younger would marry someone who is divorced with three kids so im confused as to what tp provide. i am planning a trip in oct as cant get hol of work and school dates to match would that help my appeal.
@skaur,
Its really shocking to hear the exact reason of refusal. Haven't you provided the cover letter explaining how you people met, and why he wants to come to the UK. Although its silly, but still they want. Don't know which law says a divorced girl cannot marry a single and younger guy.. They are so advanced , still thinks so backward. Inspite of giving all proofs of communication what else they want..? They are imposing invalid reasons of refusal because they can interview if really want to know about genuinity.
:O

nad

Settlement Visa..

Post by nad » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi ,
My wife applied for settlement visa on 10th may, and on UKBA site it says 84% applications were processed in 60 days,
I wonder how long they will take it's over two months..
application submitted in Hyderabad, India.
Thanks.