ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:47 pm

october2013 wrote:Sorry to ask again but should dt include informing them about the UT decision?
Although they should aware of that but I think its up to you and there is no harm in telling them. You can also state that whilst awaiting for the outcome of your decision (3c leave) you have completed your 10 yrs legally and hence applied for your ILR on xxx date.

apex221

Post by apex221 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 pm

october2013 wrote:Sorry to ask again but should dt include informing them about the UT decision?
If you have gone through all this surely you have Solicitor in place? if so what is their opinion on the matter?

october2013

Post by october2013 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:58 pm

I had a solicitor for my hearings but did not use the solicitor for my ilr application hence ....

apex221

Post by apex221 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:04 pm

october2013 wrote:I had a solicitor for my hearings but did not use the solicitor for my ilr application hence ....
Then I would have to agree with arsal385's suggesstion seems very reasonable.

mmzahidr
Newly Registered

Post by mmzahidr » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:18 pm

salam my fellow group members. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Alhamdullillah by the Grace of Allah I have received my ILR approval and biometric card today. :D :D :D :D :D

thanks all the group members for the time line and all the comments and feed back on this forum.

this forum is a great help for people like us and give us the chance to meet and greet with the same situation as we all know the situation how we have spent 10 years in the uk and how badly we need this settlement.

I wish good luck to rest of the awaiting members of this forum and my prayers are with you and May Allah give you that freedom as soon as possible

I have updated my time line spread sheet with the name of Mian Raza.

I really appreciate for all the forum moderators and admin to make it happen keep it up and running as they are doing a commendable job.

hatt off to you guys .

cheers

salam :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

shahab54
Newly Registered

Post by shahab54 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi
I got my ILR in April,2013 on long residency.
My wife is living with me in the UK since 2009 as a work permit dependent and student dependent recently till 2013. I applied for her extention under FLR M and she got her visa a month ago under two years route to settlement.

My question is can she apply for ILR now? Will her previous time be counted towards qualifying time for settlement?
She was out of the UK from April,2012 to Feb,2013.

Thanks in advance.

S

zeekstar
Newly Registered

Post by zeekstar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Hi Everyone
Can some one tell me what I can do now except waiting for reply from home office. I have applied to ILR on long residency basis on 4 April 2014. I got letter for bio-metric in 3 weeks time. I got letter from Home office after 6 month that I have to wait more for my ILR. It's now more than 8 months and still waiting for my reply. I also send them a letter one month ago. Every day I checked post and everyday I am disappointed. My wife is pregnant and she is also feeling the pressure now. Can any one give my advice please?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:45 pm

shahab54 wrote:Hi
My wife is living with me in the UK since 2009 as a work permit dependent and student dependent recently till 2013. I applied for her extention under FLR M and she got her visa a month ago under two years route to settlement.

My question is can she apply for ILR now? Will her previous time be counted towards qualifying time for settlement?

Thanks in advance.

S
Looks like your wife falls under old category as she got her visa on 2 years basis. she can apply for ILR straightaway. However, her stay outside the UK is fairly long, you should therefore ask a qualified lawyer whether she is eligible to apply now or wait till Feb 2015 when she will complete her 2 years period.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:49 pm

zeekstar wrote:Hi Everyone
Can some one tell me what I can do now except waiting for reply from home office. I have applied to ILR on long residency basis on 4 April 2014. I got letter for bio-metric in 3 weeks time. I got letter from Home office after 6 month that I have to wait more for my ILR. It's now more than 8 months and still waiting for my reply. I also send them a letter one month ago. Every day I checked post and everyday I am disappointed. My wife is pregnant and she is also feeling the pressure now. Can any one give my advice please?
You should approach them through your MP and let them know the health issue that your wife is currently facing. For example you could tell them that your pregnant wife is in anxiety state which is impacting negatively on your wife and your potential baby.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:16 pm

mmzahidr wrote:salam my fellow group members. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Alhamdullillah by the Grace of Allah I have received my ILR approval and biometric card today. :D :D :D :D :D

thanks all the group members for the time line and all the comments and feed back on this forum.

this forum is a great help for people like us and give us the chance to meet and greet with the same situation as we all know the situation how we have spent 10 years in the uk and how badly we need this settlement.

I wish good luck to rest of the awaiting members of this forum and my prayers are with you and May Allah give you that freedom as soon as possible

I have updated my time line spread sheet with the name of Mian Raza.

I really appreciate for all the forum moderators and admin to make it happen keep it up and running as they are doing a commendable job.

hatt off to you guys .

cheers

salam :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hi mmzahidr,

Congratulations on getting your ILR sorted it must be a great relief for you. Cany you please share when did you apply or where are you on the tracker.

Thanks
Ali

A.Ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by A.Ahmed » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:36 pm

hi
i had applied 1st of dec 2014 and the same day application has been changed and i have posted my application 1st dec morning time,and i have not noticed, i have ready my application two day before and waiting for monday to post my application.and i signatue on application form 27/11/2014 as i said i complete my application 2 or 3 days ago.i am very confused HO will accpet my application or not, HO did not mention we are changing our application form, i have received my acknolwegemnt waiting for bio matric, can u guys help me out

shahab54
Newly Registered

Post by shahab54 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks Arsal

Do you have any reference to a document where it says that the previous stay as student dependent will be counted as a qualifying period towards settlement.

Regards

S
Arsal385 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

S
Looks like your wife falls under old category as she got her visa on 2 years basis. she can apply for ILR straightaway. However, her stay outside the UK is fairly long, you should therefore ask a qualified lawyer whether she is eligible to apply now or wait till Feb 2015 when she will complete her 2 years period.
Last edited by shahab54 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:04 pm

A.Ahmed wrote:hi
i had applied 1st of dec 2014 and the same day application has been changed and i have posted my application 1st dec morning time,and i have not noticed, i have ready my application two day before and waiting for monday to post my application.and i signatue on application form 27/11/2014 as i said i complete my application 2 or 3 days ago.i am very confused HO will accpet my application or not, HO did not mention we are changing our application form, i have received my acknolwegemnt waiting for bio matric, can u guys help me out
I think HO accepted your application based on the fact that your application posted on the same day as HO changed the new version. HO usually check the validity of the application and then charge and issue acknowledgement letter. Since you have already received your letter then it should be fine. You can confirm this to HO on their enquiry number 03001232241.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:49 pm

shahab54 wrote:Thanks Arsal

Do you have any reference to a document where it says that the previous stay as student dependent will be counted as a qualifying period towards settlement.

Regards

S
Arsal385 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

S
Beware under new rules, HO is no longer counting student dependent status towards the settlement. Your are still lucky that your wife has got FLR M visa based on 2 years route. You should have changed your wife status last year when you got your ILR. I have a feeling HO may not count your wife student dependant time for ILR. Also because of ambiguity of your spouse case and as I said above you need to consult to a qualified lawyer about this first and do not let you wife fall into 5 years category route.
Last edited by Arsal385 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mian-suraj
Newly Registered

Post by mian-suraj » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Here is my immigration history/// what u guys think of me feel free to comment whatever you feel

1.. i got student visa back home on 12th august 2004....arrived uk 23 Aug 2004
visa valid from 12-aug-2004 to 12-dec-2005.

2.. applied for student extension 9-12-2005
payment methos was wrong(though it was right) --invalid application return on 21 dec 2005
submitted after giving same bank details again invalid application return 12 jan 2006 submitted next day with postal order and got visa on 27th jan 2006
visa valid from 27-jan 2006 to 30 june 2006.

3..applied for student extension on 17 june 2006... every thing goes normat got visa
valid from 5th july 2006 till 30-nov 2006

4..applied for segs visa on 23 nov 2006 --payment method gone wrong though it was right application invalid came back 30th nov 2006....
applied again with cheque 3 dec 2006 and gain visa
valid from 02-jan-2007 to 02 jan 2008

5.was stupid enough to go back on student visa applied last day i-e 02 jan 2008
every thing gone normal got visa
valid from 24 jan 2008 to 31 march 2009

6.applied for psw on 23 march 2009
was refused on 15th may 2009 ...
lost tribunal apeal on 15th july 2009 given right of appeal to high court which i did used and lost there 12 august 2009
but wisely i submitted student application on 11 august 2009 and got visa
valid from 14-sep 2009 to 31 july 2012..(it was only big short in my case history and time of peace visa wise)

7.applied 3rd july 2012 as student
valid from 12 sep 2012 to 30 sep 2014 (you may be thinking my worries are over,, no dear not lets see)

8..college where i was studying suspended but not revoked on march 2013
i paniced and took addmission in other college i submited case on 30th april 2013
2nd may 2013 that college as well gone out ofHO list... i cancelled my cheque by solicter advice becoz my previous college was still suspended not revoke...case came back on 19 may 2013..
and i start waiting for revokation of my current college which happen on 4 july 2013

9. i took admission in new college submit file again on 2nd august 2013
valid from 05-sep-2013 to 30 aug 2014
finished my course on 30th june 2014. and on 3rd aug 2014 this college was dropped out of list but i m done with this institute by 30 june 2014.

10. on 4th aug 2014 i applied for ILR ,,,,and still waiting for approval
i submitte--- my application form
passportsfor englis my master's degree
life in uk test
but i not submitted any cover letter now u tell me where i m standing....

applied: 04 august 2014
ack recieved: 15 august 2014 letter dated 06 aug 2014
bio metric recieved: 11 sep 2014 letter dated 09 sep 2014
bio metric enrolled: 15-sep-2014

shahab54
Newly Registered

Post by shahab54 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Beware under new rules, HO is no longer counting student dependent status towards the settlement. Your are still lucky that your wife has got FLR M visa based on 2 years route. You should have changed your wife status last year when you got your ILR. I have a feeling HO may not count your wife student dependant time for ILR. Also because of ambiguity of your spouse case and as I said above you need to consult to a qualified lawyer about this first and do not let you wife fall into 5 years category route.

Arsal

Thanks for quick reply. Will her qualifying period be counted from the day I got my ILR in April,2013. or the day she got her visa (FLRM) stamped a month ago based on 2 years route to settlement.
She came to UK first time as a work permit dependent in July,2009 and then changed her visa to student dependent in July,2009. She applied for FLRM in April, 2013 and her visa was refused and finally got her visa a month ago.

Regards
S

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:36 pm

shahab54 wrote:Beware under new rules, HO is no longer counting student dependent status towards the settlement. Your are still lucky that your wife has got FLR M visa based on 2 years route. You should have changed your wife status last year when you got your ILR. I have a feeling HO may not count your wife student dependant time for ILR. Also because of ambiguity of your spouse case and as I said above you need to consult to a qualified lawyer about this first and do not let you wife fall into 5 years category route.

Arsal

Thanks for quick reply. Will her qualifying period be counted from the day I got my ILR in April,2013. or the day she got her visa (FLRM) stamped a month ago based on 2 years route to settlement.
She came to UK first time as a work permit dependent in July,2009 and then changed her visa to student dependent in July,2009. She applied for FLRM in April, 2013 and her visa was refused and finally got her visa a month ago.

Regards
S
Technically under new rule your wife qualifying period starts when dependent of a settled person visa granted to her under FLR M application. As is said you should carefully consider this and speak to a solicitor who may have better option for your wife case. Also read carefully the approval letter of her FLR M visa.

mian-suraj
Newly Registered

Post by mian-suraj » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:15 pm

plz guys i posted my whole history just in lAST POST KINDLY SPARE SOME TIME MAKE YOUR VALUABLE COMMENTS

fepute
Newly Registered

Post by fepute » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:13 pm

A.Ahmed wrote:hi
I did the exact same thing buddy on the same date as you. I received my biometric invitation this morning and enrolled straight away.
I wouldn't worry too much

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Are your details on the tracker.

virusfound01
Newly Registered

Post by virusfound01 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Salam Alhamdullillah by the Grace of Allah I have received my biometric card today :)
time line is:
Applied 3rd of sep!
biometric received 27 of sep!
biometric done 29 of sep !!
biometric card just received today.. :D :D :D
kindly please update my time line on google spred sheet. many thankz

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:15 pm

virusfound01 wrote:Salam Alhamdullillah by the Grace of Allah I have received my biometric card today :)
time line is:
Applied 3rd of sep!
Great news, first formal approval of september. Can you please share the date of approval of your application or the ILR date mentioned on your Biometric Card?

sikiilr
Newly Registered

Post by sikiilr » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:31 pm

virusfound01 wrote:Salam Alhamdullillah by the Grace of Allah I have received my biometric card today :)
time line is:
Applied 3rd of sep!
BRO CAN YOU PLS TELL ME WHETHER YOU APPLIED EARLY OR 3RD OF SEPT WAS WHEN YOU COMPLETED YOUR 10 YEARS BEC I HAVE APPLIED ON THE SAME DAY.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:42 pm

sikiilr wrote:
time line is:
Applied 3rd of sep!
BRO CAN YOU PLS TELL ME WHETHER YOU APPLIED EARLY OR 3RD OF SEPT WAS WHEN YOU COMPLETED YOUR 10 YEARS BEC I HAVE APPLIED ON THE SAME DAY.
Sikiilr, Your case outcome is imminent as well, Call HO tomorrow to discuss your case and also keep an eye on royal mail tracker.

T2GtoILR
Newly Registered

Post by T2GtoILR » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi,
I am currently being employed by a sponsor for a Tier 2 General visa. Separately to this, I submitted an application for a 10 year ILR 2 months ago and understand that it can take up to 6 months for the application to be processed.

Recently, I have been offered a job at a new employer - if I change employer now and leave my Tier 2 sponsor what is my immigration status while my ILR is under application and do I have a right to work? And what will my status be if my ILR application is rejected in up to 4 months time? Would I have up to 60 days to find a new Tier 2 sponsor?

From the UKBA guidelines it appears that immigration status and right to work is held in a kind of limbo when ILR is under review, but I can't find any specific information that applies to this type of situation.
Thanks very much,