ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:55 am

Dec22 wrote:Hi All.

Do I have to sent FLR(M) application for my dependent same time as i sent my SET(LR) application. or thay can wait untill their visa expire next year.

Thanks
Dec22
@DEC22 ,

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply

it all depends on when your present visa expires .... if your visa going to expire in the next 6-8 months I would apply dependents along with main application ( also if your financially capable of sending both fees at same time )

OR

You can always send her application after couple of months along with your acknowledgement letter and £ 18,600 earning .. Life in UK and English :-) ( if only wife) informing them that to put her application on hold till your application is decided

OR

You can apply for her after you receive your approval by post or going to Public enquiry office

I chose to go to public enquiry office once I get my approval ;-) so at least on of us is available to go to our country if someone needs us ;-) But everyone has their own way of dealing with things

I hope you get it ;-)
Last edited by maddysheffield on Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

apex221

Post by apex221 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:59 am

I agree Maddy! apply in person is the lesson learned if the option is available this waiting game is just too excruciating....

Baba JJ /Maddy what are your new predictions????

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:09 pm

apex221 wrote:I agree Maddy! apply in person is the lesson learned if the option is available this waiting game is just too excruciating....

Baba JJ /Maddy what are your new predictions????

@Apex22 I'm a bit anxious because i'm in firing range can't predict any thing :-) However Loads and loads by decisions by 09th Jan

Because of change in below circumstances :

1. Post delays due to holidays and weather ;-) wont be there :-)
2. more staff will be available from monday ;-) everyone back from holiday :-)
3. I assume most of the applications have been decided but yet to get final approval from caseworkers or waiting to be printed and Posted :-)

apex221

Post by apex221 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:21 pm

i really hope you are logicality works!!! Most organisations definitely think that way but HO its no way normal.. But I really hope you are right this time... :) :?: :!: :idea:

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Anon8525 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for ILR via a solicitor (on 8th Oct 2014) and currently waiting for approval.

I received my Tier 2 (general) visa in Dec 2013 whilst I was writing up my PhD and changed address a month later when I started working. The problem is I didn't realise that HO had to be informed about this change of address (until today that is!). I know my bad :(

However, I did inform my employer immediately about my address change and I used my current address for ILR. Now my question is, given that my ILR application is being processed how should I tell them about my change of address?

Thanks!

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Anon8525 wrote:Hi guys,

I applied for ILR via a solicitor (on 8th Oct 2014) and currently waiting for approval.

I received my Tier 2 (general) visa in Dec 2013 whilst I was writing up my PhD and changed address a month later when I started working. The problem is I didn't realise that HO had to be informed about this change of address (until today that is!). I know my bad :(

However, I did inform my employer immediately about my address change and I used my current address for ILR. Now my question is, given that my ILR application is being processed how should I tell them about my change of address?

Thanks!

Hmm

1. Your communication with HO will be sent by Solicitor ? if so he will get the documents and you need not worry about it
2. redirect all letters to your new address ( if you put your details as communication address )

3. Yes you can always send an email or letter to The HO email address informing change in circumstances
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... have-a-brp

Couple of things since your application may start being scrutinised soon by end of Jan I would say its upto you if you wanna inform them However its always a good procedure to inform them ;-)

Get you solicitor do some work for the amount you paid mate ;-) unless he robs your money just to send this letter ;-)

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:47 pm

apex221 wrote:i really hope you are logicality works!!! Most organisations definitely think that way but HO its no way normal.. But I really hope you are right this time... :) :?: :!: :idea:

I would say 10-15 or more decisions between 02nd Jan 2015 till 10th January 2015 ie Saturday ...

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Anon8525 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:58 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
Anon8525 wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks!

Hmm

1. Your communication with HO will be sent by Solicitor ? if so he will get the documents and you need not worry about it
2. redirect all letters to your new address ( if you put your details as communication address )

3. Yes you can always send an email or letter to The HO email address informing change in circumstances
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... have-a-brp

Couple of things since your application may start being scrutinised soon by end of Jan I would say its upto you if you wanna inform them However its always a good procedure to inform them ;-)

Get you solicitor do some work for the amount you paid mate ;-) unless he robs your money just to send this letter ;-)
Thanks for your quick reply. :)

Yes all correspondence is through the solicitor and I've used my current address everywhere. I'll inform the solicitor about it. BTW it seems that the only way to change address is to post MCC form on that website?

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi All,

Who is the lucky guy who will be the first to get the approval and update this year 2015

Please update change in status of Tracker on Royal mail .........Someone said they change the status after 6.30pm ( they go and collect the post around 3.00pm from HO and then update systems around that time for delivery for next day )

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:10 pm

maddysheffield wrote:Hi All,

Who is the lucky guy who will be the first to get the approval and update this year 2015

Please update change in status of Tracker on Royal mail .........Someone said they change the status after 6.30pm ( they go and collect the post around 3.00pm from HO and then update systems around that time for delivery for next day )

Not a single approval today,whoever get the 1st approval of 2015 will be awarded with halal ki hajmola candy

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi Please someone suggest me that

I submitted application ILR 10 year base on 3rd October 2014 so when I can expect o hear something from HO ?

peace84

Post by peace84 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Cisco89 wrote:Hi Please someone suggest me that

I submitted application ILR 10 year base on 3rd October 2014 so when I can expect o hear something from HO ?
I assumed you're done your bio metric.
if you/we are lucky then it takes average 15 to 18 weeks....

ZFDar
Pakistan

Post by ZFDar » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:36 am

imraniqbal2010 wrote:
saleem19k wrote:Salam guys,
First of all I want to congratulate people who got LR approval. I am going to apply LR (10 year) application after Xmas and want to ask should we send application form on weekend or in week days (does it make differnence or not) . I need sample of covering letter any possibility some one can send covering letter on my email address (habib_aziz@hotmail.com).
It would be highly appreciate and I look forward to hear from you guys soon.

Kind Regards,

Saleem
Saleem, I have sent u cover letter, Just amend it accordingly.
Is it good to send a covering letter with SET(LR) form? If yes then could you please send that same sample covering letter to me on the following email address which you sent to Saleem. Thanks

zee_me@hotmail.co.uk

Also, when filling up SET(LR) form, in the section where they ask social, cultural and family ties with country of nationality candidate holds. What kind of answer is best to write there?

Suggestions will be highly appreciated :)

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:06 am

Finalllllllllllyy by grace of almighty Allah i just got my approval with document and dx to be deliver my brp i am already on tracker but for those who are new below is my time line

Application sent: 9 sept
Bio invite: 01 october
Bio done:2nd oct
Approval date:31st dec
Doc received: 3rd jan

I been here since oct 2004 first on student visa then psw and lastly on tier1 general my case was straight forwad

This forum has been great help

Many thanks

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:13 am

@ilruk84 congrats .....1st approval for 2015 lovely ..It seems you will get hajmola ki kandy from @ shafurqan ;-)

saeedafridi123
Newly Registered

Post by saeedafridi123 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi guys, i called homeoffice yesterday and they said that my application is under consideration. Any idea how long they take on the case once opened. One thing that i noticed was during my conversation with the officer. He asked me when was my biometric done.
Which means they may be considering applications based on time set by them after biometrics.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:50 pm

saeedafridi123 wrote:Hi guys, i called homeoffice yesterday and they said that my application is under consideration. Any idea how long they take on the case once opened. One thing that i noticed was during my conversation with the officer. He asked me when was my biometric done.
Which means they may be considering applications based on time set by them after biometrics.

Looking at the questions Ho is asking it seems they are asking..1.when doesyour present visa expire 2. When did u give biometric ...just to confirm that you are the main applicant just some checks that's all please don't assume things.

I did the mistake the other day when they asked me when does my present visa expire....thinking Ho is looking at visa expiry date but it's just false assumption ,....

Chill Ho is just dealing with applications normally

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:55 pm

maddysheffield wrote:@ilruk84 congrats .....1st approval for 2015 lovely ..It seems you will get hajmola ki kandy from @ shafurqan ;-)

hahahaha afcourse he deserves,@maddy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:58 pm

saeedafridi123 wrote:Hi guys, i called homeoffice yesterday and they said that my application is under consideration. Any idea how long they take on the case once opened. One thing that i noticed was during my conversation with the officer. He asked me when was my biometric done.
@saeed,mate these are all set questions and answers they give and take,average time after biometrics is in my view is 14,or 15 weeks

titan1986
Newly Registered

Post by titan1986 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:03 pm

Hello guys.

I don't know who started the tracker but it's a beautiful idea. I have just inputted my details in there and wish the best of luck to all of those still awaiting a decision.

Quick question out of curiosity... what do you think the question in the SET (LR) form, about "ties to your native country" and ties to any other country is about. Can that section determine the outcome of your application?

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:05 pm

ilruk84 wrote:Finalllllllllllyy by grace of almighty Allah i just got my approval with document and dx to be deliver my brp i am already on tracker but for those who are new below is my time line

Application sent: 9 sept
Bio invite: 01 october
Bio done:2nd oct
Approval date:31st dec
Doc received: 3rd jan

I been here since oct 2004 first on student visa then psw and lastly on tier1 general my case was straight forwad

This forum has been great help

Many thanks
Congratulations ilruk84, its nice to see that your waiting is finally over. As per for me I anxiously await HO reply possibly this coming week.
Enjoy your freedom and keep praying for us who are still on the waiting list :roll:
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:35 pm

titan1986 wrote:Hello guys.

I don't know who started the tracker but it's a beautiful idea. I have just inputted my details in there and wish the best of luck to all of those still awaiting a decision.

Quick question out of curiosity... what do you think the question in the SET (LR) form, about "ties to your native country" and ties to any other country is about. Can that section determine the outcome of your application?

No this section does not determine the outcome of application as is just for the sake of human rights,there is no harm if u mention family ties with your native country if you still have

kas14
Newly Registered

Post by kas14 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:15 pm

I have applied on 6th of Dec 2014
Acknowledgment received on 13 December 2014 dated 9th of December 2014,
biometric done on 27th of December 2014, just started my count down of days, it is very frustrating.

best wishes for all :D
kashif

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:05 pm

kas14 wrote:I have applied on 6th of Dec 2014
Acknowledgment received on 13 December 2014 dated 9th of December 2014,
biometric done on 27th of December 2014, just started my count down of days, it is very frustrating.

best wishes for all :D
kashif
I have added ur details on tracker

titan1986
Newly Registered

Post by titan1986 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:49 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
titan1986 wrote:Hello guys.

No this section does not determine the outcome of application as is just for the sake of human rights,there is no harm if u mention family ties with your native country if you still have
Thanks man.